Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2020796 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:44 - May 25 with 4659 viewsBFC1885

Congratulations on reaching 💯 pages!
Keep it up and you'll reach half a million views.

I heard about this thread and thought I would have a quick gander at it, not all of it obviously just the last few pages of it.
Two things stand out for me, one or two comments as regards the fans trying to help the office staff were unkind. I hope that the people making the comments won't expect too much sympathy when a robot replacement starts doing their job or some overseas company takes their firm over and starts shipping jobs abroad. But the thing that stood out very plain is the hatred that quite a few of you have for us. I've been to countless games between us,infact it's one of the first thing I look for on new fixtures day, without feeling this.?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:47 - May 25 with 4636 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:44 - May 25 by BFC1885

I heard about this thread and thought I would have a quick gander at it, not all of it obviously just the last few pages of it.
Two things stand out for me, one or two comments as regards the fans trying to help the office staff were unkind. I hope that the people making the comments won't expect too much sympathy when a robot replacement starts doing their job or some overseas company takes their firm over and starts shipping jobs abroad. But the thing that stood out very plain is the hatred that quite a few of you have for us. I've been to countless games between us,infact it's one of the first thing I look for on new fixtures day, without feeling this.?

Is it hatred or exasperation?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:55 - May 25 with 4601 viewsaleanddale

Ow do BFC1885

You should take a little time and read pages 1-10 then you would understand why the thread has continued with interest.

We enjoy the games against bury as in recent times we have been far superior.

I don't dislike bury per se just everything they seem to stand for, as someone else wrote the whole set up is a moral junk yard.

The Robot analogy is lost on me. If I knew that I was not in the wrong I would air my grievence through the relevant channel. Regretably people over at giggle are letting there hearts rule there heads.

One for you BFC1885.

Can you admit now you can see why after close on 6 years of spending money on players you could never afford there is little sympathy?.

For the odd few humble shakers I have sympathy for. For the ones that think your recent promotion has any value or worth I hope they get all they deserve in the coming weeks.

Its a dogs dinner over at gig and bury have got away with this type of delusional reckless overspending for far to long.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:59 - May 25 with 4584 views442Dale

And those were the only two things that stood out?

It really is no surprise things are as they are.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:14 - May 25 with 4548 viewsscarrow

Bury = the club that never learns

Administrations, chasing the dream, debts and chaos it's been the story of the last decade plus. It's why sympathy dwindles away

Poll: Final position

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:16 - May 25 with 4543 viewskel

The thing that personally irked me were the extremely smug bury fans claiming we lacked ambition when it was obvious the money you were shelling out was unsustainable. They didn’t have the intelligence to see that though and look where your supposed superior ambition has got you.

I hope they are delighted with how it’s turned out.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:19 - May 25 with 4535 viewsSuddenLad

For 6 years, you have cheated. Repeatedly and intentionally. The players - collectively -deserve credit for their achievement and performances, but the fact is, many of them should never have been there, because they were being paid money (or not) that you didn't have - and still don't.

Bury FC will reap the whirlwind for their blatant and repeated flouting of the rules, by which other clubs continued to abide and may have failed to be promoted as a result.

If you end up in the lower reaches of the football pyramid, it's because you deserve it. I hope the EFL use Bangor City as an example. Or Luton Town. Anything less will be a travesty.

It's your club we detest, not your supporters.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:51 - May 25 with 4467 viewsJames1980

Have the office staff 'enjoyed the ride' though?

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:55 - May 25 with 4462 viewsTVOS1907

Off the top of my head...

* constantly spending beyond your means (and winning two recent promotions on the back of it) and the majority of your fans showing ZERO humility and responsibility about it

* not learning from the above and pontificating about it to those who told you something didn't add up

* throwing golf balls and batteries at Dale fans in the Manchester Road End several seasons ago

* throwing glasses and ashtrays in a Rochdale pub in 2004

* repeated put downs of Rochdale as a town and the people who reside in it

* boring references to two FA Cup Final wins back in the days of Pathe News

* a totally unfounded superiority complex among a large proportion of your fanbase

* claiming Dale fans are obsessed with bury while continuing to quote things off this board

* failure to understand that football fans are allowed to discuss other clubs (i.e. their rivals)

* that countdown clock thing on the old Rivals board when Dale were bottom of the league in December 2006

* PDIDDY

* bury fans who are grown men searching the internet for personal information on Dale fans who just happen to comment on your board

* other grown up bury fans with personalised registration plates thinking it's clever to zoom past Dale fans with personalised registration plates on the M40

* hatred shown to Tom Kennedy and Nicky Adams, just because they had the temerity to play for Dale and score against bury

* your club thinking it's funny to put a trophy cabinet on the front cover of the programme when you played Dale in 2008

I'm sure others will add more!

OK, some of the above are just 'bants' and shouldn't be taken seriously, but if you still don't get it, there's no hope for you.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:02 - May 25 with 4454 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:55 - May 25 by TVOS1907

* constantly spending beyond your means (and winning two recent promotions on the back of it) and the majority of your fans showing ZERO humility and responsibility about it

* not learning from the above and pontificating about it to those who told you something didn't add up

* throwing golf balls and batteries at Dale fans in the Manchester Road End several seasons ago

* a totally unfounded superiority complex among a large proportion of your fanbase

* claiming Dale fans are obsessed with bury while continuing to quote things off this board

* failure to understand that football fans are allowed to discuss other clubs (i.e. their rivals)

* that countdown clock thing on the old Rivals board when Dale were bottom of the league in December 2006

* PDIDDY

* bury fans who are grown men searching the internet for personal information on Dale fans who just happen to comment on your board

* other grown up bury fans with personalised registration plates thinking it's clever to zoom past Dale fans with personalised registration plates on the M40

* hatred shown to Tom Kennedy and Nicky Adams, just because they had the temerity to play for Dale and score against bury

* your club thinking it's funny to put a trophy cabinet on the front cover of the programme when you played Dale in 2008

OK, some of the above are just 'bants' and shouldn't be taken seriously, but if you still don't get it, there's no hope for you.

* Nomadshakers’ hissy fit rant (which I’m told some still have a copy of)
[Post edited 25 May 2019 12:02]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:11 - May 25 with 4437 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:02 - May 25 by kel

* Nomadshakers’ hissy fit rant (which I’m told some still have a copy of)
[Post edited 25 May 2019 12:02]

Another I forgot, Pops repeatedly registering himself on here as different people and disappearing just as quickly as soon as he is sussed out.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:25 - May 25 with 4320 viewsscarrow

Swallowing every crumb given by SD1. Gullible doesnt even cover it

Poll: Final position

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:54 - May 25 with 4191 viewsR11BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:55 - May 25 by TVOS1907

* PDIDDY

If you're talking about me, it was the M1 and the other way round. R17ALE was zooming past and in your words, "...thinking it's clever to zoom past..." He was pi$$ing his sides laughing, ask him. I even tried to catch him up but couldn't!

Anyway, as you say, it's just 'bants' TVOS...so no worries. Your knowledge on Rochdale AFC is amazing btw. Fair play mate.

Don't forget in pros and cons - you need some pros though...for balance. I know you were answering the 'hatred' comment, but you still need to be balanced. Look back on this thread and I've been consistent in agreeing with the relatively small number of posters out of your 3000 fan base. That's why me and a number of acquaintances, tried to do various things, about our disastrous finances/overspending. Just ask 442, R17ALE, BigDaveMyCock (classic user name btw!), AleandDale & Co. We tried our best and spent 1000s upon 1000s of hours on it, but it wasn't good enough. However, better to have tried and failed, than to have never tried at all.

I'm pretty sure we're doomed now, so you and others enjoy it...whilst my 88 year old Father, who's watched Bury for 80+ years, is in tears.

I vowed I'd never post again on here, given the treatment I received around 18 months ago (thanks for the support Kiwi) so well done in forcing me out of retirement!

Anyway, trust me, this will be my last post ever. Where's the facility to do that in bold btw?! Oh you know what, fook it, as said, I won't be posting again.

But say hi to Kel for me won't you?

Cheers and all the best.

Andy

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:01 - May 25 with 4174 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:54 - May 25 by R11BFC

If you're talking about me, it was the M1 and the other way round. R17ALE was zooming past and in your words, "...thinking it's clever to zoom past..." He was pi$$ing his sides laughing, ask him. I even tried to catch him up but couldn't!

Anyway, as you say, it's just 'bants' TVOS...so no worries. Your knowledge on Rochdale AFC is amazing btw. Fair play mate.

Don't forget in pros and cons - you need some pros though...for balance. I know you were answering the 'hatred' comment, but you still need to be balanced. Look back on this thread and I've been consistent in agreeing with the relatively small number of posters out of your 3000 fan base. That's why me and a number of acquaintances, tried to do various things, about our disastrous finances/overspending. Just ask 442, R17ALE, BigDaveMyCock (classic user name btw!), AleandDale & Co. We tried our best and spent 1000s upon 1000s of hours on it, but it wasn't good enough. However, better to have tried and failed, than to have never tried at all.

I'm pretty sure we're doomed now, so you and others enjoy it...whilst my 88 year old Father, who's watched Bury for 80+ years, is in tears.

I vowed I'd never post again on here, given the treatment I received around 18 months ago (thanks for the support Kiwi) so well done in forcing me out of retirement!

Anyway, trust me, this will be my last post ever. Where's the facility to do that in bold btw?! Oh you know what, fook it, as said, I won't be posting again.

Cheers and all the best.

Andy

Tbf, R17 always drives like that.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:05 - May 25 with 4160 viewskel

Cheers and all the best.

Andy

#triggered

Say hi yourself, but only when you get the time from calling bury YOUR club.
[Post edited 25 May 2019 16:06]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:56 - May 25 with 3972 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:05 - May 25 by kel

#triggered

Say hi yourself, but only when you get the time from calling bury YOUR club.
[Post edited 25 May 2019 16:06]

How about celebrating promotion like a child, but then criticising the spending that led to that promotion a few weeks later?

#wowwowwow

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:14 - May 25 with 3882 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:00 - May 24 by Molly

After re-reading yesterdays statement it does say Friday or Tuesday so I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Yes, it's been reported that many of the bury staff were told this and were heard saying to Steve Dale " C U Next Tuesday".

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:43 - May 26 with 3597 viewsaleanddale

Cheers and all the best.

Andy

R11 if that's true it would be a shame you are welcome back anytime.

Things look bleak at Giggle there are not many people interested in 3rd / 4th tier football who have the necessary funds to wipe clean debts the size bury have.

Administration could be bypassed as well as this will lead to a full investigation / audit into 6 years of financial shenanigans of which some I am convinced must have been very close to stepping over the line of legality.

This would leave liquidation and at best a phoenix club.

I would pose one question for beardy.

Would you now settle for a settled club and no debt in and around conference north? or is bury bigger than that and the charade must continue to the bitter end regardless of consequence?

EDIT >> Just seen Alan London latest statement saying the aim of forever bury and BOB is for a sustainable LEAGUE 1 club ( Why League 1 ? ) that's probably way above what is a natural punching weight for bury. This type of delusional talk is the biggest problem bury have they really need to wake up and accept some more achievable targets.

But for the grace of god Dale could only be half a step behind you had things played out differently. I would take 3pm Saturday football in the 6th tier and a viable club over what you guys seem to aspire to every day of the week.
[Post edited 26 May 2019 11:28]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:01 - May 26 with 3562 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Cheers and all the best.

Andy

You’ll always be welcome on here. Good luck to you and your father.
Top man.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:45 - May 26 with 3427 viewskel

I’M NOT COMING BACK AFTER MY FLOUNCE PLAYING THE SYMPATHY CARD*

*except to mark down posts
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:39 - May 26 with 3279 viewsDale23years

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:45 - May 26 by kel

I’M NOT COMING BACK AFTER MY FLOUNCE PLAYING THE SYMPATHY CARD*

*except to mark down posts

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/34526-psg-owner/

Got to love these mongs

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:49 - May 26 with 3251 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:39 - May 26 by Dale23years

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/34526-psg-owner/

Got to love these mongs

Clutching at more straws than a scarecrow having a vvank
[Post edited 26 May 2019 19:40]

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:30 - May 26 with 3140 viewsRAFCBLUE

Cheers and all the best.

Andy

Memories and recollections of history are funny things, R11.

If you look at the last 25 years of bury fc financial misappropriation then you'll see a long line of us on this side of the boundary that have pointed out, time and time again of the financial side of your club being the cause of your own downfall.

That's over the period 1994 to 2019 and not just the latest period in your illustrious history.

It started with Hughie Eaves in the late 90's who misappropriated £20m from the City - a vast proportion of which was pumped into the bury team - that won promotion to the Championship in 1997. It was such a big deal that Eaves made the national papers and bolted to the Far East:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/investor-sorry-for-pounds-20m-losses-1092690.

When bury won tier 3 in 1997, with a team of players you could not afford, you lot all lapped it up.

When you were relegated back to Tier 3 in 1999 and Tier 4 in 2002, it was no one at fault but Uncle Hughie.

Fast forward through the subsequent board leadership post the Hugh Eaves fraud and its Terry Robinson, Ian Mills and Ian Harrop, Brian Fenton and along came Stewart Day in 2013.

Under Terry Robinson, bury faced court proceedings on 4 March 2002 by a firm owed £1.35m, secured on the club's historic Gigg Lane ground, which could be repossessed and sold to developers. The David Conn article at the time is entitled "Bury's begging bowl may not avert closure". That bowl had been out for over four years by that point and is still out 17 years later!

That £1.35m saw bury, placed into administration on 1 March 2002 by their two directors, John Smith and Fred Mason, when they had debts of around £2.6m, including a £1.35m mortgage secured on Gigg Lane. The High Court allowed the administrator two weeks, to raise £370,000, Bury's running costs — mostly players' wages — for the season, or the club would have been wound up in 2002.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/david-conn-burys-b

Under Brian Fenton, bury needed £1m in 2013 to survive and he didn't want administration. He told the bury times about it here: https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/10349976.administration-is-not-an-option-for-bu

Worth noting that this is the actual point that you were sold by Brian Fenton bury was potless and that in the late Neville Neville's brokering of a deal you actually kept a club alive.

And you lot all lapped it up.

Had Stewart Day come in and run bury like your current Chairman is now - paying out only money that you had to meet financial commitments - you'd have had administration and many of the things Brian Fenton had predicted in his bury times interview of 2013.

The MEN article still reminds us that without Day you would have had administration and a points deduction 6 years ago.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/shakers-saf

Except Stewart Day is not only a saviour but special humanitarian promising all things positive for bury fc.

He comes in and gets you a ex-Premier League training ground to train at, promise a new ground, a pop concert starring Coolio and the Happy Mondays and promises football in the Championship in the most ludicrous five year plan we have seen.

Day pays for this with eye watering loans, money that he didn't have. Just like the circumstances that nearly saw you wound-up in 2002.

Every single one of you who ran on the field promoted on the final day at Tranmere in 2015 did so celebrating a 33 year old property developer bankrolling a club having made his money apparently in one of the worst property markets before taking over your club.

And you all lapped it up.

So forgive us all for standing back and pointing out what is obvious. The similarities of money from nowhere between Hugh Eaves and Stewart Day, were and are somewhat obvious.

It was the obviousness of it that gave birth to this monster thread in 2015 whilst you all enjoyed the ride.

Steven Dale isn't prepared to continue to borrow money to keep the ship afloat with its current cost base. Nor is he going to write an open cheque for all those owed money by previous regimes.

You dodged being wound-up in 2002, you should have gone into administration in 2013 but chose not to and for the five years after that have spend an immense amount over and above what you can afford.

I've some sympathy for Steve Dale here. Why should he pay for your historic mess?

He could and probably should do the honorable thing and stick you into administration immediately and wipe off all the debts; but that will see you relegated from League 1 in 2020 and I'd wager League 2 in 2021.

He's running you properly. Like we've and many other lower division clubs have had to exist for over 100 years.

We were the most underachieving team in football for 40+ years apparently, but we've always paid our bills.

It HAS to come to an end for bury soon. The pot is empty and it's not good getting those buckets out now. We live in a contactless age.

Equally its nothing personal from Steve Dale, just business.

He's after a return on his £1 and had he not got involved in December 2018 then bury would have been in to administration with Day's other businesses and you wouldn't have this season's tainted 2019 promotion.

If you think about it from our side, most of us waited 40+ years for that promotion vs Northampton. On our own money and endeavour.

bury have had five promotions in 25 years (1996, 1997, 2011, 2015 and 2019) on the back of a highly financially irregular environment. The extent of the Day involvement and 2015 and 2019 with money you didn't have is becoming clearer.

All these are tainted successes so meaningless in our eyes.

bury will reform and have a go in the lower tiers. Stockport did and look at them.
[Post edited 26 May 2019 19:33]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:46 - May 26 with 3078 viewskel

Logged in and ready to mark it down

You’ll be getting a mention on the mong board for this even though they don’t give a toss about Rochdale.
tomorrow can't come quick enough (n/t) on 19:53 - May 26 with 3051 viewskel

[Post edited 26 May 2019 20:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024