Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1998489 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:30 - May 28 with 4094 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:52 - May 28 by Katula

Classy

As classy as knowingly gaining an unfair advantage over most other teams in your league?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:33 - May 28 with 4084 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:49 - May 28 by BartRowou

That's harsh. There are some decent Bury fans and,based on the above posts, he/she is one of them.

He may well be,but as been proved countless times their fans in the main are fully deserving of their current situation, its a beautiful sight to watch it all finally unfold
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:33 - May 28 with 4080 viewsSuddenLad

Katula........I agree with everything you say about the ineptitude of the EFL. They are utterly unfit for purpose when it comes to dealing with issues of this kind. Bury is just another example of the disgraceful way that they allow things to become so serious. Bolton is another case in point. Doubtless there are others. Do they not have a duty to ensure these situations do not happen ??

I have no doubt your knowledge of both SD1 and SD2 is far greater than mine, but if they were/are to be found to be in cahoots, you must be the unluckiest club on the planet. For your sake, I hope you're wrong.

I understood from a previous post that SD2 claimed that lots of the current debt was only discovered after he had paid his £1 as it had been strategically 'hidden' in transactions that he was unaware of prior to becoming owner. Only he knows the truth behind that.

If others were as astute as you seem to be, perhaps you wouldn't be posting on page 104 of a thread which has been pointing out the obvious for many years.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:45 - May 28 with 4037 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:30 - May 28 by Katula

Why would we be paying the EFL back for a advance we only received 6 weeks ago? Why would Steve Dale even be attempting to pay any debts off when his plan is to liquidate us? I believe that has been his plan from the moment he arrived. I also believe that SD1 and SD2 are known to each other and are in this together

Steve Dale claimed to be a successful businessman and said his legal team had done extensive due diligense on Bury F.C before he bought it. Are we really meant to believe that the sky high interest rates on previous loans have come as a surprise to him? The interest rates and previous loans he is refaring to have been common knowledge long before he arrived at the club. Any 10 year old with basic computer skills could have found this out but we are meant to believe that his legal team did not?

I am quite sure that any investigation will find that no laws have been broken. No fraud has taken place. It is beyond disgraceful the way a chancer like Stewart Day can come into the club take out loan after loan secured against the stadium and property of Bury fc saddle us with millions of pounds worth of debt then just walk away scot-free. The EFL are probably the only organisation who could have done anything to stop this yet they have sat back and allowed it to continue. Not only that they have now allowed a even bigger chancer /conman like Steve Dale to walk in and finish us off even though yet again a quick Internet search would reveal that Dale has a extensive history of liquidating and dissolving businesses. Not only that they have give him a big chunk of money to help him on his way. The fit and proper test just like the EFL is a absolute joke

While I understand how frustrating it is for fans of other clubs who from afar can see the scandalous way we have gone about things spare a thought for the few Bury fans can see exactly the same things but are completely powerless to do anything about it. No option but to just sit back and watch it unfold. It really is devastating

I would snap your hand off right now if our punishment was to start next season in the conference north with a 15 point deduction. However as I stated in a previous post that is just wishful thinking. We won't get out of the mess this time around

Blaming the EFL for sitting back allowing it to continue?
For 5 years everyone at bury did the same - the biggest con man was Day - yes there were a few (like yourself) questioning the debts mounting up but no real efforts were made to force him out - certainly nothing like the grief you have given Dale. As long as you were being relatively successful and the big wage signings were coming in you all sat back and lapped it up I'm afraid.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:49 - May 28 with 4034 viewsCleedale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:55 - May 28 by dawlishdale

You come across as a sensible chap, and I think most of us do have sympathy. However; I would counter argue that the REAL culprits here, along side SD1 and SD2 are the sizeable number of bury fans who fell for the lies hook line and sinker, and have made life extremely difficult for the people who smelled a rat from the start, and refused to listen to any criticism from the more educated supporters...shouting them down at meetings or on messageboards.

I visit your forum from time to time and rather than organising a swearing competition outside SD2's home (which can only make things worse if that were possible), I'd be pointing fingers all all the posters who constantly told you all that SD1 especially was the best thing since sliced bread, and that there was some mystery backer ready to take over.

I'll go further, and name the one who I personally feel has done more to wreck your once proud club than any other poster.

BullackBallAmos.

What a tit he must feel right now for all the times he dismissed any criticism of the 2SD's.

BullackBallAmos?

Hey dawlish...steady on there...no need to bring an ex-US President
into the spotty-light!

You could end up being extradited and imprisoned...
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:50 - May 28 with 4030 viewsKatula

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:33 - May 28 by SuddenLad

Katula........I agree with everything you say about the ineptitude of the EFL. They are utterly unfit for purpose when it comes to dealing with issues of this kind. Bury is just another example of the disgraceful way that they allow things to become so serious. Bolton is another case in point. Doubtless there are others. Do they not have a duty to ensure these situations do not happen ??

I have no doubt your knowledge of both SD1 and SD2 is far greater than mine, but if they were/are to be found to be in cahoots, you must be the unluckiest club on the planet. For your sake, I hope you're wrong.

I understood from a previous post that SD2 claimed that lots of the current debt was only discovered after he had paid his £1 as it had been strategically 'hidden' in transactions that he was unaware of prior to becoming owner. Only he knows the truth behind that.

If others were as astute as you seem to be, perhaps you wouldn't be posting on page 104 of a thread which has been pointing out the obvious for many years.

The link between the 2 of them is Glen Thomas who by all accounts introduced the two of them for the sale. He was SD1 right hand man and has stayed on now as Vice chairman under SD2. He was the main guy spouting drivel at the early fans forums while Day was at the club telling everybody the debt was under control through outside investment etc. Coincidently now he is Dales right hand man he denies ever knowing how bad the problems actually were and has gone on the missing list over the last few months. All these guys are corrupt to the core and looking at their past have been at it for years

I do think we have been massively unlucky but as a fanbase we have also been massively naive. Sadly the damage has been done. As the saying goes we have made our bed. Now we have to lie in it
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:52 - May 28 with 4023 viewsKenBoon

What exactly could the EFL have done in Bury's case?
SD1 comes in as a savior just as the old van with padlocks for the gates was in the car park.
SD1 says lots of things like increasing attendances and such, none of it unreasonable.
SD1 then starts spending silly money (loans). If the EFL had come in then, 90% of the bury fans would have shit the bed saying their were meddling in something that has nowt to do with them.
There's no 'fit and proper' test either SD1 or SD2 would have failed. The EFL have a salary cap (of sorts). If they push more regulation then the Championship clubs would moan and L1 and L2 have to deal with what the Championship want because they're terrified of a Premier League Division 2.

Don't get me wrong, the EFL are a joke and their 'watching on with concern' quote about Bury in April was pathetic. There clearly needs to be a stricter regulation on money spent and spending money you don't have, but some clubs will just find another loop hole.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:02 - May 28 with 3988 viewsKatula

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:45 - May 28 by dingdangblue

For 5 years everyone at bury did the same - the biggest con man was Day - yes there were a few (like yourself) questioning the debts mounting up but no real efforts were made to force him out - certainly nothing like the grief you have given Dale. As long as you were being relatively successful and the big wage signings were coming in you all sat back and lapped it up I'm afraid.

So should the EFL be blameless in all this?. If Rochdale and Shrewsbury fans amongst many others could see from the start what was going on why could the governing body of the league not? What is the fit and proper test exactly? I was under the impression it was in place to prevent corrupt or untrustworthy people gaining power at football clubs. Go and do 5 minutes of research on Steve Dale then tell me how he has passed this so called test

Ultimately is is our fault. The supporters who have sat back and done nothing but the EFL are the only organisation in power that could have put a stop to this year's ago and they have done absolutely nothing
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:08 - May 28 with 3966 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:02 - May 28 by Katula

So should the EFL be blameless in all this?. If Rochdale and Shrewsbury fans amongst many others could see from the start what was going on why could the governing body of the league not? What is the fit and proper test exactly? I was under the impression it was in place to prevent corrupt or untrustworthy people gaining power at football clubs. Go and do 5 minutes of research on Steve Dale then tell me how he has passed this so called test

Ultimately is is our fault. The supporters who have sat back and done nothing but the EFL are the only organisation in power that could have put a stop to this year's ago and they have done absolutely nothing

Just a quick question. Who is repaying the debts since Dale took over? Shouldn't the bailiffs have been to Gigg by now?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:10 - May 28 with 3954 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:07 - May 28 by Katula

Hard to disagree that a large amount of our fanbase are not to blame. Far to many sat back and were more than happy to go along with it. Not sure if it is ignorance or a total lack of common sense but as I said i was uncomfortable and expressing major caution with it from the start. Lost count of the amount of run ins i have had with fellow Bury fans over it. The whole come and have a pint with us Stewie was beyond embarrassing

A similar thread to this one appeared on a Shrewsbury forum years ago and it was pointed out to the fans on Beardyman's and that just got dismissed aswel. It is hard to defend the indefensible

Some of them should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves instead of daring to criticise others for “dragging up the past”. The only reason they say things like that is to try and deal with their own guilt. It was disgusting the way they treated their fellow fans for raising valid concerns and tried to support their stance with little in the way of facts and the tiresome “well what can we do about it?” One thing you don’t do is ignore the signs that your football club is being run in a dubious manner and openly slate those who point it out. Similarly, those in positions within fans organisations who could have done more and ignored/patronisingly responded to people who offered advice are equally culpable.

Fully aware of how repetitive it all is. But it’s been like that throughout this thread and it must be difficult for all those who can recognise themselves in the descriptions above to admit that there are Rochdale fans who did more to save Bury than they ever did.
[Post edited 28 May 2019 13:14]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:17 - May 28 with 3915 viewsKatula

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:08 - May 28 by dingdangblue

Just a quick question. Who is repaying the debts since Dale took over? Shouldn't the bailiffs have been to Gigg by now?

The club is closed again for the 3rd or 4th time in the last month. The pot washing machine was removed from the social club a couple of weeks ago due to payments not being made. In the last week the big screen in the corner of the mani road end has gone. Steve Dale has not been seen anywhere near Gigg lane in the last 6 weeks. No debts are being payed. Nothing
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:25 - May 28 with 3877 viewsCleedale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:02 - May 28 by Katula

...in fairness to what Katula states it's not too many months ago that OUR OWN Mr. Dunphy was resigning and there was plenty of threads on here about the 'unknowingness' of what the replacement was about...no? Perhaps in some quarters still is?

No doubt the meteoric turnaround that saw our survival in L1 perhaps masked some of that fear...or were we heading towards a smaller and yet dangerous version of overspending at the time?

In reply to your post I'd guess there are few at the efl who are able to play keep-me-up in the nit and grit of the real business world and just put out statements that help to nullify any potential rioting.

Bit like politicians really...usually talk the talk but can't walk the walk!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:46 - May 28 with 3796 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:25 - May 28 by Cleedale

...in fairness to what Katula states it's not too many months ago that OUR OWN Mr. Dunphy was resigning and there was plenty of threads on here about the 'unknowingness' of what the replacement was about...no? Perhaps in some quarters still is?

No doubt the meteoric turnaround that saw our survival in L1 perhaps masked some of that fear...or were we heading towards a smaller and yet dangerous version of overspending at the time?

In reply to your post I'd guess there are few at the efl who are able to play keep-me-up in the nit and grit of the real business world and just put out statements that help to nullify any potential rioting.

Bit like politicians really...usually talk the talk but can't walk the walk!

The significant difference between Rochdale and Bury ownership is that no one at Rochdale has a larger than 22% shareholding, whereas Bury have been beholden to one large - particularly in Day's case - shareholder.

Rochdale fans have carried out due diligence on recent appointments and made findings public fairly quickly.

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:51 - May 28 with 3770 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:46 - May 28 by judd

The significant difference between Rochdale and Bury ownership is that no one at Rochdale has a larger than 22% shareholding, whereas Bury have been beholden to one large - particularly in Day's case - shareholder.

Rochdale fans have carried out due diligence on recent appointments and made findings public fairly quickly.

And still have doubts.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:52 - May 28 with 3763 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:51 - May 28 by SuddenLad

And still have doubts.

Agreed.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:55 - May 28 with 3753 viewsJames1980

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2013/may/who-is-stewart-day2/

'Stewart has identified a new team of individuals to work within the club to make sure that the historic financial perils will never be faced again.'
That went to plan then

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:57 - May 28 with 3744 viewsMolly

From Bury's website Dec 2018. Jackanory , Jackanory, Jackanory.............

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2018/december/new-owners-announced/

A lot can happen in 5 months.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:14 - May 28 with 3692 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:51 - May 28 by SuddenLad

And still have doubts.

Although in our case, the new directors and chairman were all Dale fans of several years standing and not just blokes who “walked in off the street”, to coin a phrase.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:17 - May 28 with 3682 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:14 - May 28 by TVOS1907

Although in our case, the new directors and chairman were all Dale fans of several years standing and not just blokes who “walked in off the street”, to coin a phrase.

Coin - tea spat!

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:27 - May 28 with 3656 views442Dale

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/34562-options/

Seems that some investigating could be making things add up...

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:32 - May 28 with 3645 viewsParkinsGimp

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:30 - May 28 by nordenblue

As classy as knowingly gaining an unfair advantage over most other teams in your league?

Yeah but Katula wasnt lording it up and I'm sure there were a few sensible bury fans who were very worried about the accounting procedures of SD1 , SD2 cant really be blamed , he didnt cause the mess , he's trying to asset strip whats left.
I agree that most bury fans deserve this full on , their attitude towards this mess and other teams has been deplorable.
Their schooligans have been laughable and I cant help but smirk at their demise. I feel for genuine fans but bury seem to be the same as the biffos in that sense that they dont have many fans with humility.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:34 - May 28 with 3634 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:45 - May 28 by dingdangblue

Nailed it for me.

The irony of Day’s biggest brown tongue shooting yesterday’s video isn’t lost on me either.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:44 - May 28 with 3492 viewskel

Superb. They’ve made it on to ‘Angry people in local newspapers’ on Facebook. One of the best groups on there.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:52 - May 28 with 3467 viewsphilofOAFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:32 - May 28 by ParkinsGimp

Yeah but Katula wasnt lording it up and I'm sure there were a few sensible bury fans who were very worried about the accounting procedures of SD1 , SD2 cant really be blamed , he didnt cause the mess , he's trying to asset strip whats left.
I agree that most bury fans deserve this full on , their attitude towards this mess and other teams has been deplorable.
Their schooligans have been laughable and I cant help but smirk at their demise. I feel for genuine fans but bury seem to be the same as the biffos in that sense that they dont have many fans with humility.

I am one of the Biffos with humility to which you refer.
I feel sad that another of our neighbours Bury FC are in desperate trouble but accept that their fans have on the whole turned a blind eye to the mismanagement of Mr Day throughout his tenure and I am aware that there have been other occasions where intimidation has been used to quieten the voices of dissent. I fear OAFC may well be another club in the proverbial as I have no faith in our owners managing the club effectively and for us it was a case of frying pan and fire. I await the fallout at the Ice Station with baited breath. In the meantime i would like to wish Bury FC a way out that would rescue their club short term but where the lessons of the past be learned and it never to happen again. I wish both Oldham and Bury had had the same financial management and governance that you at the Dale have employed. Congratulations on your research as well - it is worrying that Dale fans have uncovered this before Bury fans it seems.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:10 - May 28 with 3417 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:52 - May 28 by philofOAFC

I am one of the Biffos with humility to which you refer.
I feel sad that another of our neighbours Bury FC are in desperate trouble but accept that their fans have on the whole turned a blind eye to the mismanagement of Mr Day throughout his tenure and I am aware that there have been other occasions where intimidation has been used to quieten the voices of dissent. I fear OAFC may well be another club in the proverbial as I have no faith in our owners managing the club effectively and for us it was a case of frying pan and fire. I await the fallout at the Ice Station with baited breath. In the meantime i would like to wish Bury FC a way out that would rescue their club short term but where the lessons of the past be learned and it never to happen again. I wish both Oldham and Bury had had the same financial management and governance that you at the Dale have employed. Congratulations on your research as well - it is worrying that Dale fans have uncovered this before Bury fans it seems.

The major difference is wanting to believe and willing to look for the truth,something bury fans struggle doing either tbf
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024