Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2021997 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:37 - Jun 2 with 6797 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:47 - Jun 2 by Thacks_Rabbits

Currently discussing potential Phoenix club ground sharing with Radcliffe borough or getting the council to buy the ground and rent it back to forever bURY.

Usual internal arguments and turning on one another, Hugh R Tackles is in particularly getting grief, although he is either on the wind up or clinically stupid, either are possible.

It’s a shame for the genuine guys there, but it appears the penny has finally dropped that they are doomed.

Having said that I think of pdiddy and pops and all sympathy dissolves!!!

A few of them also want a Pheonix club - whatever that is?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:50 - Jun 2 with 6746 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:00 - Jun 2 by James1980

Perhaps 'Buy Our Bury' could resurrect the cub scout BOB a JOB fundraising scheme.

BOB The Club Rebuilder. Can he fix it, no he can’t 😂

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:21 - Jun 2 with 6668 viewsdownunder

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:37 - Jun 2 by dingdangblue

A few of them also want a Pheonix club - whatever that is?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:17 - Jun 2 with 6525 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:21 - Jun 2 by downunder

I think DDB was referring to their spelling...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:25 - Jun 2 with 6337 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:50 - Jun 2 by Thacks_Rabbits

BOB The Club Rebuilder. Can he fix it, no he can’t 😂

What is the going rate for a car wash these days? Wash enough and they could save their 'historic' club.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:37 - Jun 2 with 6205 viewssmaclad1

At the risk of a beardyman campaign to put the Bury Times behind a paywall (unless you have a bury season ticket), I'll post this -

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/17678696.shakers-fans-young-and-old-unite-to-sa

It includes a classic from Dave Gaff-ard, fornever bury chairman - "We need someone behind us. We are trying to contact potential purchasers. Alternatively we could seek a loan".

No Dave - getting loans is where it all went wrong in the first place.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:29 - Jun 2 with 6102 viewsShun

I might be getting the wrong end of the stick here, not sure, haven’t been paying much attention, but aren’t a number of Bury fans now doing exactly what they were mocked by us for not doing earlier?

Protests outside his house, Dale’s crookedness being outed on social media by fans and players - that’s the sort of action many on here derided them for not taking. It might be a bit antagonistic (although that video shows Dale to be an odious crook so he deserves all he gets), and it might be a few years late, but what else can they do? Logistically, physically, what actions can they now take?

Yes, a lot (?most) Bury fans were ignorantly lauding it up when Dale 1 arrived with golden promises and they deserve all the derision in the world for that, but now they’re actually trying to do something about it I don’t like to see us kicking them when they’re down and potentially out.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:45 - Jun 2 with 6083 viewsjacko_dale

There's a newly-created Twitter account going by the handle @laughandjoke13 that seems to be causing a bit of a stir. Very defensive of Dale and trying to put Matt McCarthy down at every opportunity. Very odd.
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 02:14 - Jun 3 with 6005 viewsroccydaleian

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:45 - Jun 2 by jacko_dale

There's a newly-created Twitter account going by the handle @laughandjoke13 that seems to be causing a bit of a stir. Very defensive of Dale and trying to put Matt McCarthy down at every opportunity. Very odd.

There’s another Twitter account @BigReg1903 taking the proverbial.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:13 - Jun 3 with 5813 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:29 - Jun 2 by Shun

I might be getting the wrong end of the stick here, not sure, haven’t been paying much attention, but aren’t a number of Bury fans now doing exactly what they were mocked by us for not doing earlier?

Protests outside his house, Dale’s crookedness being outed on social media by fans and players - that’s the sort of action many on here derided them for not taking. It might be a bit antagonistic (although that video shows Dale to be an odious crook so he deserves all he gets), and it might be a few years late, but what else can they do? Logistically, physically, what actions can they now take?

Yes, a lot (?most) Bury fans were ignorantly lauding it up when Dale 1 arrived with golden promises and they deserve all the derision in the world for that, but now they’re actually trying to do something about it I don’t like to see us kicking them when they’re down and potentially out.

Its the sense of entitlement that frustrates many. They seem to think they are still a big club.

YES they have woken up and that should be recognised.

For 5 years they have dined at the top table with other peoples money. Morally they are already bankrupt.

As others have put, even now after seeing that years of overspending has brought their club to its knees they are still begging for outside investment.

They will never learn until they cut there cloth and make themselves self sufficient. That seems a million miles away as a concept for any of the groups trying to save the club including forever bury.

Some humility would stand them in good stead but they seem to always seem like they want to choose a different path.

I actually hope FB pull this off because how they plan to reverse losing £50k a WEEK to spending less money than they bring in will be some trick worth watching.

£50k a WEEK losses. That's losing on top of running costs.

£50k a WEEK

£220k a MONTH

£2 640 000 a YEAR is staggering.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:27 - Jun 3 with 5790 viewsdownunder

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:17 - Jun 2 by TVOS1907

I think DDB was referring to their spelling...

A cock up?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:50 - Jun 3 with 5736 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:13 - Jun 3 by aleanddale

Its the sense of entitlement that frustrates many. They seem to think they are still a big club.

YES they have woken up and that should be recognised.

For 5 years they have dined at the top table with other peoples money. Morally they are already bankrupt.

As others have put, even now after seeing that years of overspending has brought their club to its knees they are still begging for outside investment.

They will never learn until they cut there cloth and make themselves self sufficient. That seems a million miles away as a concept for any of the groups trying to save the club including forever bury.

Some humility would stand them in good stead but they seem to always seem like they want to choose a different path.

I actually hope FB pull this off because how they plan to reverse losing £50k a WEEK to spending less money than they bring in will be some trick worth watching.

£50k a WEEK losses. That's losing on top of running costs.

£50k a WEEK

£220k a MONTH

£2 640 000 a YEAR is staggering.

'Still a big club'?

'Still'???

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:56 - Jun 3 with 5715 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:58 - Apr 16 by batman

The meltdown is probably akin to the polar caps melting
rather than being thrown into a blast furnace.
SD seems quite astute at teaming and ladelling the debts
across his Co's. and manipulating Balance Sheets.
One of his recent moves was to shorten the accounting period
by 'one day' to 30th May. now it may be purely coincidental that
there are 1.4 million shares of £1.00 due to be paid by 31.5.2017.
These are showing as 'paid' but i would suggest that they are only
'paid on paper' and not in hard cash. that is pure guesswork but i
don't think i'll be far off the mark.
by doing this the £1.4 will be shown as an amount due within 12 months
in the accounts and as such an asset
also Medrco BFC, Bury's major shareholder has an outstanding CCJ OF
£29711 against it's name and at the last posting of its accounts had
shareholder funds of only £91115.
i'm no accountant, but have a small business, so have a minor knowledge
of how things should work. but am willing to stand corrected if my supposition
is wrong

I had forgotten about this changing the accounting period by "one day".

I assume this shows up when the elusive 2018 accounts are published.

What a bloody shambles.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:00 - Jun 3 with 5249 views442Dale

https://www.foreverbury.org/post/statement-03-06-2019

<<“The objective of the meeting is to inform supporters of Forever Bury’s past and present involvement in discussions relating to the well-publicised financial troubles surrounding Bury Football Club. ”>>

They are at least communicating regularly now with their supporters, though as they will be informing fans of “past” involvement in the financial situation, then it’s obvious there must
finally be some accountability that mistakes were made under the Day regime when little was done to affect the problems.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:51 - Jun 3 with 5122 viewsflyerdale

Have they gone bust yet?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:04 - Jun 3 with 5079 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:51 - Jun 3 by flyerdale

Have they gone bust yet?

According to one of them I want that to happen even though I can’t recall posting that anywhere. This is after I made an offer to help them out too.

Fook ‘em.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:07 - Jun 3 with 5066 viewsflyerdale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:04 - Jun 3 by kel

According to one of them I want that to happen even though I can’t recall posting that anywhere. This is after I made an offer to help them out too.

Fook ‘em.

Extreme paranoid schizophrenic bucket shakers you see.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:10 - Jun 3 with 5047 viewskel

As an aside, one of them on twitter has asked Donald Trump to retweet about their plight.

Sufookingperb.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:11 - Jun 3 with 4838 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:00 - Jun 3 by 442Dale

https://www.foreverbury.org/post/statement-03-06-2019

<<“The objective of the meeting is to inform supporters of Forever Bury’s past and present involvement in discussions relating to the well-publicised financial troubles surrounding Bury Football Club. ”>>

They are at least communicating regularly now with their supporters, though as they will be informing fans of “past” involvement in the financial situation, then it’s obvious there must
finally be some accountability that mistakes were made under the Day regime when little was done to affect the problems.

You can't make it up.

Forever Bury will set out the current state of affairs and the options it believes that need to be resolved.

bury fc is broke. It owes the taxman and a list of other creditors loads and is in court in a fortnight to be wound up for good.

However, the time has now arrived when Forever Bury will endeavour to fill in the blank spaces.

I hope one of the questions is ”Why did you give the shares Forevery bury had over to Day and Thomas without a whimper?”

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:21 - Jun 3 with 4810 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:04 - Jun 3 by kel

Fook ‘em.

I hope they do go bust.

It will send a message to all clubs run in a good financial state that there is a consequence.

It will send a message to those who need to get their house in order they must do so.

They seemingly all want pity for CHEATING.

CHEATING their way through the last six years, obtaining two promotions, with this financial doping.

CHEATING the taxman and the public purse.

I'd be livid if I was a Mansfield fan.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 05:52 - Jun 4 with 4622 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:11 - Jun 3 by RAFCBLUE

You can't make it up.

Forever Bury will set out the current state of affairs and the options it believes that need to be resolved.

bury fc is broke. It owes the taxman and a list of other creditors loads and is in court in a fortnight to be wound up for good.

However, the time has now arrived when Forever Bury will endeavour to fill in the blank spaces.

I hope one of the questions is ”Why did you give the shares Forevery bury had over to Day and Thomas without a whimper?”

Just one of a series of shocking decisions by FB.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:54 - Jun 4 with 4508 viewsBigDaveMyCock

What gets me is that they nationalised the banks when they got in shite but they won’t raise a finger for a historic institution such as Bury. I suppose they’ll be funding vegan transgenders though!!

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:10 - Jun 4 with 4090 viewsCleedale

So, read that Adams is/has left.

Perhaps to conclude, can some who might be able to shed light on the potential outcomes of [ALL] this - (guessing that there's a mighty difference between administration and liquidation) - stick their necks out.

From reading stuff online it'd appears admin. can only be entered into by the major shareholder? Then a buyer can come in - eg FB - and agree under certain stipulations to meet some creditors over a period of time and that efl rulings break these down into % dependent on criteria? Attached or unattached debts?? Obv. points deductions which sound like 12 but possibly staying in L1. Sounds as though another points deduction would be enforced if payments were not kept to date.

On the other hand there's liquidation which sound like the end!

Who decides? Who is allowed to? What powers do the efl actually have?

Obv. not clued up on any of this but guess most of us have been through some sort of redundancy or worked for a firm that's been in trouble and then taken over but guess that for some football clubs...are there grey areas?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:20 - Jun 4 with 4047 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:10 - Jun 4 by Cleedale

So, read that Adams is/has left.

Perhaps to conclude, can some who might be able to shed light on the potential outcomes of [ALL] this - (guessing that there's a mighty difference between administration and liquidation) - stick their necks out.

From reading stuff online it'd appears admin. can only be entered into by the major shareholder? Then a buyer can come in - eg FB - and agree under certain stipulations to meet some creditors over a period of time and that efl rulings break these down into % dependent on criteria? Attached or unattached debts?? Obv. points deductions which sound like 12 but possibly staying in L1. Sounds as though another points deduction would be enforced if payments were not kept to date.

On the other hand there's liquidation which sound like the end!

Who decides? Who is allowed to? What powers do the efl actually have?

Obv. not clued up on any of this but guess most of us have been through some sort of redundancy or worked for a firm that's been in trouble and then taken over but guess that for some football clubs...are there grey areas?

Will it not all depend on the actually amount of debt owed?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:31 - Jun 4 with 3989 viewsCleedale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:20 - Jun 4 by James1980

Will it not all depend on the actually amount of debt owed?

Not sure.

See that BWFC isn't yet resolved but they were abt. £200M in debt? At present it appears a buyer 'might' be forking out £25M for a takeover?

So, an already relegated club has just a 12pts deduction but leaves an alleged £175M hole?....somewhere?

Know this goes on in all business but that's why I was asking. Until things like this get sorted (and don't know individual cases) it appears there's NO disincentive for repercussions.

Btw. do realise the last para. is pretty obvious but compared to our own survivability and book-keeping...well!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024