Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2027906 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:54 - Jun 10 with 5478 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:52 - Jun 10 by Ancoats_Blue

Not sure it would annoy any of us though. I don’t really care where Hill ends up. He had a great couple of spells with us but it ended badly. Good time for both club and Hill that he left when he did.

Indeed.

Apparently there’ll be a “meltdown” on here though. Not that any of them read this board though...
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:30 - Jun 10 with 5364 views1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:54 - Jun 10 by kel

Indeed.

Apparently there’ll be a “meltdown” on here though. Not that any of them read this board though...

Doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

If he takes over and has them playing anything like we did the last two years then at least that’s one team guaranteed relegation.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:39 - Jun 10 with 5346 viewsHopwoodblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:30 - Jun 10 by 1907

If he takes over and has them playing anything like we did the last two years then at least that’s one team guaranteed relegation.

Especially with their future wage budget ! Unless of course SD3 arrives in the next few days 😂
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 15:40]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:03 - Jun 10 with 5268 viewsSandyman

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:39 - Jun 10 by Hopwoodblue

Especially with their future wage budget ! Unless of course SD3 arrives in the next few days 😂
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 15:40]

Their future wage budget will be ridiculously unaffordable as usual.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:20 - Jun 10 with 5105 viewsJumeirahDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:24 - Jun 10 by D_Alien

There was a phrase coined for this type of thing in the 1970s, by (i think) Ted Heath:

"The unacceptable face of capitalism"

Anyone who knows me knows that i'm hugely in favour of the free market and liberal economics, but it really is this type of thing that gets people's backs up and gives ammunition to those who'd like to curtail all our freedoms with a more authoritarian system

Regardless of what happens to bury fc and the petty infighting among their followers, i'm more interested in what happens to Day. If he just gets away scot free to continue his dire activities it'll be all of us who'll be worse off. Making an example of him would have the opposite effect. I'm nowhere near familiar with the law in this area, but if he's allowed to continue without being prosecuted it absolutely stinks

Edit: but i do understand the principle of liability, in that individuals who're prepared to put their time and money into starting a company with the intention of developing new products or ideas should be allowed the possibility of redemption if their honest endeavours fail, otherwise there'd be no free enterprise. It's where the line is drawn between honest endeavours (which create employment and give value to the economy) and multifarious schemes which don't that matters

[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 11:31]

Wanted to upvote twice for the use of "multifarious".
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:45 - Jun 10 with 5034 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:30 - Jun 10 by 1907

A touch unfair that and disrespectful to our greatest ever manager.

I agree it was time for him to go but Hill was the spark that started our relative recent success.

A refreshed hill who goes back to basics and does what he is brilliant at would be a sound appointment. Bury would be lucky to have him.

What any new manager ( Hill or otherwise ) would struggle with is the turbulence & uncertainty.

IF the shakers start the season and they chop £2 500 000 a year from the operating costs that will have a massive effect on the quality & numbers of players.

Kids and journeymen might work in tiers 4 and 5 and below but in an ultra competitive league 1 it would be a season of struggle for them.

Would Hilly work for SD2? would he work under the constraints of admin? you know what he is that bloody minded he might just fancy the challenge and try and prove a point.

I hope so to get him off our wage bill!!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:27 - Jun 10 with 4847 viewsrochdale_ranger

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:45 - Jun 10 by aleanddale

I agree it was time for him to go but Hill was the spark that started our relative recent success.

A refreshed hill who goes back to basics and does what he is brilliant at would be a sound appointment. Bury would be lucky to have him.

What any new manager ( Hill or otherwise ) would struggle with is the turbulence & uncertainty.

IF the shakers start the season and they chop £2 500 000 a year from the operating costs that will have a massive effect on the quality & numbers of players.

Kids and journeymen might work in tiers 4 and 5 and below but in an ultra competitive league 1 it would be a season of struggle for them.

Would Hilly work for SD2? would he work under the constraints of admin? you know what he is that bloody minded he might just fancy the challenge and try and prove a point.

Bury fans never took to flitcroft based on his Bolton background so they would never take to Hill. Add to the fact he couldn’t put up with half a dozen dissenting voices in the main stand and the fact that you don’t get paid as an employee of Bury FC it would make Hill and Bury a terrible fit. The fact that he is linking himself with the Bury job just goes to show that nobody wants him or his oversized ego. He really did piss on his chips here.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:37 - Jun 10 with 4824 viewsColDale

There's murmurings on the other side of Checkpoint Charlie about the Fraud Squad investigating Stewie, and God bless 'em, they like a petition over there, but it's not going down well. Perhaps there's a realisation that should there have been been any fraud committed in SD's various companies, then it was Bury who were the main beneficiaries of it.
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:44 - Jun 10 with 4808 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:37 - Jun 10 by ColDale

There's murmurings on the other side of Checkpoint Charlie about the Fraud Squad investigating Stewie, and God bless 'em, they like a petition over there, but it's not going down well. Perhaps there's a realisation that should there have been been any fraud committed in SD's various companies, then it was Bury who were the main beneficiaries of it.

Them and the pie suppliers...

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:00 - Jun 10 with 4757 viewsJames1980

Oh yes keep quiet about the former Chur being ever so slightly unscrupulous, it might put off an prospective bidders.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 20:51]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:07 - Jun 10 with 4741 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:27 - Jun 10 by rochdale_ranger

Bury fans never took to flitcroft based on his Bolton background so they would never take to Hill. Add to the fact he couldn’t put up with half a dozen dissenting voices in the main stand and the fact that you don’t get paid as an employee of Bury FC it would make Hill and Bury a terrible fit. The fact that he is linking himself with the Bury job just goes to show that nobody wants him or his oversized ego. He really did piss on his chips here.

Tbf, Hill was asked about the bury job rather than linking himself with it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:07 - Jun 10 with 4740 viewsRAFCBLUE

bury fans would do well to read up on Part 5 and Part 6 of the Proceeds of Crime Act.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proceeds_of_Crime_Act_2002

Imagine being the corporate vehicle benefitting from such dastardly trickery.

That said, HMRC have a hearing on 19th June booked so that can follow.

I'm also reasonably sure the EFL take a dim view of clubs being run in such a manner. David Conn wrote about Chester in 2009. It will be his own club next in the firing line over that parking space VAT.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2009/nov/18/ch

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:22 - Jun 10 with 4693 viewsRAFCBLUE

A classic from the archives:

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:17 - Jun 10 with 4408 viewsFrog

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:45 - Jun 10 by aleanddale

Why would it get him off our wage bill? If he's owed money due to his contract, surely he'll keep getting paid it regardless of his employment status.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:15 - Jun 11 with 4145 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:17 - Jun 10 by Frog

Why would it get him off our wage bill? If he's owed money due to his contract, surely he'll keep getting paid it regardless of his employment status.

I thought I read rather than a one off pay off we continued to pay his monthly salary until he found new employment.

I appreciate that its likely money would still be owed to Hill.

I would hope this can be sorted out sooner rather than later.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:04 - Jun 11 with 4082 viewsSuddenLad

I don't understand how you 'sack' someone, yet continue to pay them a wage. Perhaps if it was a 'mutual agreement' decision, then it may be part of the arrangement, but otherwise it makes no sense.

Some clarity needed.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:24 - Jun 11 with 4046 views49thseason

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:04 - Jun 11 by SuddenLad

I don't understand how you 'sack' someone, yet continue to pay them a wage. Perhaps if it was a 'mutual agreement' decision, then it may be part of the arrangement, but otherwise it makes no sense.

Some clarity needed.

Probably not so much a wage, more a lump sum of compensation paid in monthly amounts the outstanding balance of his contract or until such time as he gets another job. This is the result of giving him a 5 year contract, it was a major mistake by the BOD and simply made Hill too comfortable rather than motivated. He is under no pressure to find another job and indeed when the money from Rochdale is done, he may well take his pension and be finished with football.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:31 - Jun 11 with 4029 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:04 - Jun 11 by SuddenLad

Some clarity needed.

Hill is owed a sizeable sum under his contract which the club chose to terminate.

Rather than pay that sum as one lump sum when he was terminated we have agreed with Hill to pay it in regular lump sum payments - akin to Hill being on the payroll of the club.

That's good for the club’s cashflow and its good for Hill as he looks for another job.

If Hill wants to accept another job before our commitment to him ends we will do a deal on the amount that remains unpaid at that date. He wouldn't be paid twice by us and his new club.

Alternatively he can sit out the time period and draw the money that he is due and then move on.

The choice will be how attractive the new job is vs what he is giving up.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:48 - Jun 11 with 3993 viewsblackdogblue

If our ex-GME is on gardening leave, can he not muck in with the pitch renovations? 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:25 - Jun 11 with 3924 viewsCleedale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:31 - Jun 11 by RAFCBLUE

Hill is owed a sizeable sum under his contract which the club chose to terminate.

Rather than pay that sum as one lump sum when he was terminated we have agreed with Hill to pay it in regular lump sum payments - akin to Hill being on the payroll of the club.

That's good for the club’s cashflow and its good for Hill as he looks for another job.

If Hill wants to accept another job before our commitment to him ends we will do a deal on the amount that remains unpaid at that date. He wouldn't be paid twice by us and his new club.

Alternatively he can sit out the time period and draw the money that he is due and then move on.

That appears credible info. RAFC.

A point I'd like to bring up. Would we also be liable as a club to pay any alleged outstanding amounts that might have been written into 'said contract' for future sales of players. Thinking of Adshead here but there might be others and guess a lot depends on how they progress in proper league footie.

Know we're very dependent on those sales/add-ons (which seem to have dried up for whatever reason). An extra 'whack' here and there could well be much needed cashflow for Dale down the line. Surely that hasn't been left open-ended in the way we've made very important revenue - perhaps years later?

Plenty of mootings on here at the time of Hogan's transfer to Villa about a percentage going elsewhere?

Realise footballers/managers will be well aware of employment fragility and aren't just doing it for the love of the club!!! even though they might say so at the time.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:56 - Jun 11 with 3868 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:25 - Jun 11 by Cleedale

That appears credible info. RAFC.

A point I'd like to bring up. Would we also be liable as a club to pay any alleged outstanding amounts that might have been written into 'said contract' for future sales of players. Thinking of Adshead here but there might be others and guess a lot depends on how they progress in proper league footie.

Know we're very dependent on those sales/add-ons (which seem to have dried up for whatever reason). An extra 'whack' here and there could well be much needed cashflow for Dale down the line. Surely that hasn't been left open-ended in the way we've made very important revenue - perhaps years later?

Plenty of mootings on here at the time of Hogan's transfer to Villa about a percentage going elsewhere?

Realise footballers/managers will be well aware of employment fragility and aren't just doing it for the love of the club!!! even though they might say so at the time.

I'm speculating here.

The day we terminated Hill’s contract (4th March) in legal terms is a ”Termination event” and sets the ball rolling on what is due.

Hill would be entitled to a period of notice and payment for that notice as well as possibly payment for being terminated.

If there was a provision for percentage of transfer fee or percentage of transfer fee profit then it is applicable up to that point.

That would cover all transfers from when Hill rejoined to 4th March 2019

The rest becomes a negotiation point since how you can foresee or quantify a sell on clause value (e.g Jamie Allen leaving Burton for a bigger club) is difficult.

There is though a theoretical entitlement to a sell on where it is known and quantified and depending on what the contract says.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:13 - Jun 11 with 3831 viewsCleedale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:56 - Jun 11 by RAFCBLUE

I'm speculating here.

The day we terminated Hill’s contract (4th March) in legal terms is a ”Termination event” and sets the ball rolling on what is due.

Hill would be entitled to a period of notice and payment for that notice as well as possibly payment for being terminated.

If there was a provision for percentage of transfer fee or percentage of transfer fee profit then it is applicable up to that point.

That would cover all transfers from when Hill rejoined to 4th March 2019

The rest becomes a negotiation point since how you can foresee or quantify a sell on clause value (e.g Jamie Allen leaving Burton for a bigger club) is difficult.

There is though a theoretical entitlement to a sell on where it is known and quantified and depending on what the contract says.

Thanks for that RAFC - appreciated.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:45 - Jun 11 with 3643 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:31 - Jun 11 by RAFCBLUE

Not doubting you but do we have this payment method and amount as fact, or have the club possibly paid him 12 months of his salary and said cheerio as that's all he was "owed" due to the contract t&c he was on?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:41 - Jun 11 with 3298 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:45 - Jun 11 by nordenblue

Not doubting you but do we have this payment method and amount as fact, or have the club possibly paid him 12 months of his salary and said cheerio as that's all he was "owed" due to the contract t&c he was on?

No facts NB - the club haven’t (or won’t) formally confirm as such.

Pure speculation on my part though the paying by instalments is a common thing in football circles.

I can’t remember any football manager other than Alan Curbishley taking a legal route to get his money. Usually a manager would win since employment law requires a process to be followed if someone is “underperforming.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/6494427/Alan-Curbishle

I suspect, but don’t know, that Hill and Beech are down the monthly paid route until they have new jobs.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:48 - Jun 11 with 3277 views1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:41 - Jun 11 by RAFCBLUE

No facts NB - the club haven’t (or won’t) formally confirm as such.

Pure speculation on my part though the paying by instalments is a common thing in football circles.

I can’t remember any football manager other than Alan Curbishley taking a legal route to get his money. Usually a manager would win since employment law requires a process to be followed if someone is “underperforming.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/6494427/Alan-Curbishle

I suspect, but don’t know, that Hill and Beech are down the monthly paid route until they have new jobs.

I believe that is quite common
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024