Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2021853 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:37 - Jul 5 with 5416 viewsSuddenLad

Bunn needs to increase his work rate and remember he's part of a team he has ability for sure, but strolls around as though he's window shopping. There were much better things expected of him, but he has never got where he should.

If Dawson comes I'm sure it will be in a dual role. He hasn"t got a full season left in him, but might have something to offer in the role BBM used to have.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:42 - Jul 5 with 5388 viewsEllDale

Bunn certainly didn't pull up any trees whilst at Southend albeit in a team which struggled later in the season.
The arguments around Dawson are similar to the ones employed to justify the signify Perkins this time last year but the latter had a much better fitness record.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:38 - Jul 5 with 5054 viewssykeboy

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:42 - Jul 5 by EllDale

Bunn certainly didn't pull up any trees whilst at Southend albeit in a team which struggled later in the season.
The arguments around Dawson are similar to the ones employed to justify the signify Perkins this time last year but the latter had a much better fitness record.

They now think Matt Gilks is going to sign....bless
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:47 - Jul 5 with 5025 viewsRAFCBLUE

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/confirmed-pre-season-fixtures/

Just the four preseason games.

Notwithstanding they’ve no players to form an XI, even if they did have a squad that list doesn’t prepare it properly.

How many buckets are going to pay in for West Brom and Blackburn? Not many I suspect.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:21 - Jul 5 with 4947 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:47 - Jul 5 by RAFCBLUE

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/confirmed-pre-season-fixtures/

Just the four preseason games.

Notwithstanding they’ve no players to form an XI, even if they did have a squad that list doesn’t prepare it properly.

How many buckets are going to pay in for West Brom and Blackburn? Not many I suspect.

Best price for bURY to be relegated is effectively 1/2. We are 4/1

License to print money assuming they manage to last that long!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:37 - Jul 5 with 4897 viewsmacro

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:38 - Jul 5 by sykeboy

They now think Matt Gilks is going to sign....bless

As its stands no player will sign for them as they’ll never get paid. Oh dear!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:07 - Jul 5 with 4835 viewssoulboy

Ive just checked their "gofundme" campaign which is really rocketing. After 1 month a total of £6185 has been raised so far. The target of £500000 is now firmly in their sights.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 20:08]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:36 - Jul 5 with 4751 viewskel

Cracking quote from one of them tonight.

“I sincerely hope Bury FC can reclaim the once proud and great name for doing things properly”

Anyone know when that was?
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:26 - Jul 5 with 4574 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:36 - Jul 5 by kel

“I sincerely hope Bury FC can reclaim the once proud and great name for doing things properly”

I've googled it and the internet went down.

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough (n/t) on 23:11 - Jul 5 with 4487 viewsSandyman

[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 23:16]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:17 - Jul 5 with 4463 viewsSandyman

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:30 - Jul 5 with 4436 viewsJumeirahDale

Any truth to the comments on there that Chris Dagnall is "on trial"?

Proof will be in the pudding next Saturday for their first pre-season game. Meanwhile they don't have a keeper, only 6 outfield players, and MK Dons are still a reasonable price to win there on day one.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:05 - Jul 6 with 4406 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:30 - Jul 5 by JumeirahDale

Any truth to the comments on there that Chris Dagnall is "on trial"?

Proof will be in the pudding next Saturday for their first pre-season game. Meanwhile they don't have a keeper, only 6 outfield players, and MK Dons are still a reasonable price to win there on day one.

There are a whole host of names asssociated with 'in training' atBury at the moment. Daggers is just one of them. Alex Bruce is another (aged 34) and those on trial all seemed to be unattached. Some have notorious injury records but any port in a storm and the object will be to assemble the cheapest squad possible .

They shipped Dagnall out last year, as a League Two club, so it should be interesting to see how it evolves.

The EFL have a huge role to play in this saga when they eventually decide whether to dish out a punishment for the financial shenanigans of the last few seasons.

Trips to Buxton and Marine may be on the cards...

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:37 - Jul 6 with 4344 viewsTVOS1907

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:59 - Jul 6 with 4325 views49thseason

I keep wondering what the absolute minimum amount is that you could assemble a team for and play a full season even if it meant getting beaten 8-0 every week .If Steve Dale could put a very cheap squad together and spend say £3-400k he could probably pocket a million and a half quid and do it again next season too and walk away with £2m or £3m for his trouble.There would be no hotels, players would have to drive themselves to away games, train on the pitch, minimum floodlights, etc. Etc.
It would be sh1t .....but it might be possible..
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 04:31 - Jul 6 with 4256 viewsJumeirahDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:59 - Jul 6 by 49thseason

I keep wondering what the absolute minimum amount is that you could assemble a team for and play a full season even if it meant getting beaten 8-0 every week .If Steve Dale could put a very cheap squad together and spend say £3-400k he could probably pocket a million and a half quid and do it again next season too and walk away with £2m or £3m for his trouble.There would be no hotels, players would have to drive themselves to away games, train on the pitch, minimum floodlights, etc. Etc.

It’s going to make a great docuseries on Netflix.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:10 - Jul 6 with 4130 viewsDiddyDave

I`ve found out in my life,and to my considerable cost,that any businessman worth his salt,can and do,know how to work the system and know how to rip the same system off. Whether it`s people they`re indebted to or the taxman,they know how to lie,fiddle the books,shift money all over the place,put wealth in their wife`s name,create Family Trusts,employ dodgy lawyers,the cheating,thieving,call it what you like,is endless. You watch Bury kick off the season as normal,debts to all and sundry will count for nowt,mark my words.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:45 - Jul 6 with 3957 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:59 - Jul 6 by 49thseason

Steve Dale clearly has money somewhere - either his own or borrowed.

In the CVA he is propsing to put in £1m which after fees means £875k distributable to unsecured creditors at 25p in the £ - some of which is himself.

He's dealing with the ground and the secured playing creditors separately but slowly.

His recruitment of Paul Wilkinson gives a taste of what is to come and I think £400k might even be a top end budget for their campaign this season. 20 youth players on £20k a year.

All he has been doing is buying time and the longer he stays at their club the stronger his personal position gets.

What type of player is realistically going to sign there after all of the problems with getting paid?

No training ground, no money and no squad. An 4 weeks today they will play MK Dons at home. Less than an ideal preparation.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:33 - Jul 6 with 3870 viewsshawclough_dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:37 - Jul 4 by dingdangblue

https://www.gov.uk/employment-tribunal-decisions/miss-s-unsworth-v-bury-football

Long-standing employee, who has since sadly died of cancer. Probably went to her grave needing that money. Must be a claim by the estate.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:41 - Jul 6 with 3850 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:45 - Jul 6 by RAFCBLUE

Steve Dale clearly has money somewhere - either his own or borrowed.

In the CVA he is propsing to put in £1m which after fees means £875k distributable to unsecured creditors at 25p in the £ - some of which is himself.

He's dealing with the ground and the secured playing creditors separately but slowly.

His recruitment of Paul Wilkinson gives a taste of what is to come and I think £400k might even be a top end budget for their campaign this season. 20 youth players on £20k a year.

All he has been doing is buying time and the longer he stays at their club the stronger his personal position gets.

What type of player is realistically going to sign there after all of the problems with getting paid?

No training ground, no money and no squad. An 4 weeks today they will play MK Dons at home. Less than an ideal preparation.

I think they have Carrington until October, when their lease expires and they have to move out.

I still cannot see any realistic chance of them starting the season in League One. Their position, both financially and in practical terms, makes them a basket case. Sooner or later, the EFL have to stand up and make an announcement as to their position.

It's a farce that they have allowed the situation slide so far without some statement or other as to the future of Bury for next season.

There is another court date on Tuesday, though what that will determine remains to be seen. I'm guessing administration will be the best outcome for them, but that assumes that the required percentage of creditors agree to be 'shafted' for 75% of what they are owed.

HMRC are owed £1 million of PUBLIC money. The water company £106,000, Bury MBC £156,000 of PUBLIC money, Trafford MBC a similar amount.

How can the EFL simply wave them on when they have cheated so blatantly ? Their credibility as a governing body is at stake here as well.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:01 - Jul 6 with 3801 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:41 - Jul 6 by SuddenLad

I think they have Carrington until October, when their lease expires and they have to move out.

I still cannot see any realistic chance of them starting the season in League One. Their position, both financially and in practical terms, makes them a basket case. Sooner or later, the EFL have to stand up and make an announcement as to their position.

It's a farce that they have allowed the situation slide so far without some statement or other as to the future of Bury for next season.

There is another court date on Tuesday, though what that will determine remains to be seen. I'm guessing administration will be the best outcome for them, but that assumes that the required percentage of creditors agree to be 'shafted' for 75% of what they are owed.

HMRC are owed £1 million of PUBLIC money. The water company £106,000, Bury MBC £156,000 of PUBLIC money, Trafford MBC a similar amount.

How can the EFL simply wave them on when they have cheated so blatantly ? Their credibility as a governing body is at stake here as well.

The EFL will hide behind Stewart Day who made this mess and point that Steve Dale is, to an extent, sorting the mess out.

Stewart Day passed the fit and proper test with the help of Neville Neville's credibility and like most who have encountered Day that seems to have been a bit of a con.

Steve Dale hasn't done anything wrong per se currently other than stop the largesse, admit to the problems and lay them out for all to see. bury fans can't handle the truth which is why they portray him as a villain but all he is doing is starting in the hole that bury and in and looking up to see if he can find a shaft of light.

Completely agree with you on your public money point and there will be a number of other clubs very unhappy to deal with bury on that basis. I can't see them being allowed for example to sell tickets on behalf of other clubs since the trust has gone.

But I do hope they start the season. With some of these things you have to let nature take its natural course and if they do kick off on 3rd August with a side vs MK Dons I'd expect them to be battered most weeks in League 1.

With the top end of League 1 ultra competitive for 3 promotion places, I can't see teams resting on their laurels and bury if they don't get their act together will become cannon fodder for the table and by the time we get to play them in December they could be in an even worse place.

This all ends for them in May 2021 with relegation out of the football league - and before if they do not get their finances in order.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:06 - Jul 6 with 3784 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:41 - Jul 6 by SuddenLad

I agree SL, but where's the outcry? There's been calls for an investigation against the business dealings of SD1, but that's a separate issue to the immediate problem facing the EFL if bury are unable to raise a team. Apart from this thread, where else is there any sense of urgency outside gigg lane? One might almost ask: who cares?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:06 - Jul 6 with 3783 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:33 - Jul 6 by shawclough_dale

Long-standing employee, who has since sadly died of cancer. Probably went to her grave needing that money. Must be a claim by the estate.

I would sincerely hope so. Along with any interest accrued. Utter disgrace. Unfairly dismissed, then shafted again whilst dying of cancer. How despicable is it possible to be ?

Bury F.C. Plumbing new depths.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:27 - Jul 6 with 3733 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:06 - Jul 6 by D_Alien

I agree SL, but where's the outcry? There's been calls for an investigation against the business dealings of SD1, but that's a separate issue to the immediate problem facing the EFL if bury are unable to raise a team. Apart from this thread, where else is there any sense of urgency outside gigg lane? One might almost ask: who cares?

What was so different at Luton Town ? Financial mismanagement, allegations of impropriety over a number of years.

Bury have all but admitted that they were rifling employees pension pots to fund other projects and that there is £100,000 due to HMRC as a result plus the money owed to the employees.

SD1 is now mired in questions concerning the apparent 'loss'of £54 million which has somehow trickled through his fingers. Someone, somewhere is going to be wanting it back, or an enquiry as to where it went.

Why there isn't a Serious Fraud Office investigation into all this is a mystery.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:05 - Jul 6 with 3632 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Have a read of lawinsport.com relating to creditors rules.
The EFL couldn’t give a flying fook about HMRC or the cleaning lady/bar staff as they are guaranteed a pay out in whatever event, meaning that potentially nasty confrontations with people like the PFA/LMA & other football clubs are avoided. If the law were to change & everyone was paid out equally I’m sure the EFL stance & vetting procedures would be radically different. SD2 is only offering what he is obliged to under the current system, flawed as it is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024