Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2022059 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:36 - Jul 14 with 4539 viewsKenBoon

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:24 - Jul 14 by smaclad1

Posting in the League One forum from a bury fan saying that there is talk today about a Vaughn Sports Group talking over in the next 2 weeks and hoping that it's nothing to do with "the Ex Chester Gangster!!"

Well, I've had a quick google and all I can find is Vaughan Sports Management with connections to Messrs Stephen Vaughan snr and junior. It does appear that this connected to the gentleman the bury poster was concerned about, and he and his son have cut a swathe thro financially challenged clubs - Barrow, Widnes Vikings, Chester City and Bangor City. bury might present them with a novel problem if they do take over - none of those clubs appear to have been particularly challenged before they took over.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Vaughan_Sr.

Stephen Vaughan jr is currently chairman and manager at Bangor City, where they have just managed to wangle a 42 point deduction down to 21 points deduction thereby avoiding relegation from the Welsh second tier. Might be a bit academic, as the fans have b*ggered off and set up a new club in the fifth tier. For old times sake, Chester fans obviously keep an eye on the activities of the Vaughans -

http://deva-chat.com/thread/3582/bangor-fc-vaughan

If this goes thro', it sounds like a match made in heaven.

That has to be a wind-up. If you'd asked me how Bury FC could get any crazier i'd have said the Vaughan's buy it.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:35 - Jul 15 with 4151 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:55 - Jul 14 by SuddenLad

Apparently Dave Jones sought out one of FB spokesmen and took him to SD2 so that they could 'exchange views' Jones gave verbal assurances that the club was safe, would start the season and that the future was certain.

We'll see.

I must admit that his presence at the game suggests he doesn't see the club as a dead duck, or why not just stay away and run it into the ground and play his end game according to what he thinks he can walk away with?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:25 - Jul 15 with 3952 viewsaleanddale

This Dale character is mental!

Bury fans tried to reason with him on Saturday but got dogs abuse.

The season kicks off 2 weeks on Saturday and they have just announced 3 more leaving!

Who knows what Dales master plan is but he is making life (the playing side of bury) very tough.

6/5 MK on the opening Saturday looks huge!.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:27 - Jul 15 with 3938 views1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:25 - Jul 15 by aleanddale

This Dale character is mental!

Bury fans tried to reason with him on Saturday but got dogs abuse.

The season kicks off 2 weeks on Saturday and they have just announced 3 more leaving!

Who knows what Dales master plan is but he is making life (the playing side of bury) very tough.

6/5 MK on the opening Saturday looks huge!.

Not too sure about that. I’ve seen videos of him being confronted by some very angry & confrontational characters
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:38 - Jul 15 with 3896 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:35 - Jul 15 by DaleiLama

I must admit that his presence at the game suggests he doesn't see the club as a dead duck, or why not just stay away and run it into the ground and play his end game according to what he thinks he can walk away with?

It's a good question. Perhaps he considers it more prudent to be seen to be 'going through the motions' - even at the risk of personal confrontation - in order to help secure whatever his aim is?

It could be said that SD1 did pretty much the same thing, posing as a 'true fan' in order to hoodwink potential creditors

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:28 - Jul 15 with 3781 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:38 - Jul 15 by D_Alien

It's a good question. Perhaps he considers it more prudent to be seen to be 'going through the motions' - even at the risk of personal confrontation - in order to help secure whatever his aim is?

It could be said that SD1 did pretty much the same thing, posing as a 'true fan' in order to hoodwink potential creditors

Without prejudice. I do wonder if this has all been cooked up between more then one interested party after it became obvious that the Championship dream turned into a nightmare and at the end of it all there'll be a divvy-up between the main protagonists and houses where there was once football?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:14 - Jul 15 with 3679 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:28 - Jul 15 by DaleiLama

Without prejudice. I do wonder if this has all been cooked up between more then one interested party after it became obvious that the Championship dream turned into a nightmare and at the end of it all there'll be a divvy-up between the main protagonists and houses where there was once football?

Massive meeting ( Creditors ) on Thursday followed by a shareholders one.

That leaves 2 weeks until the eve of the new season.

At best they can sign non contract / loans and desperados.

No idea how this next 2 weeks will pan out for the gigglers.

If they get a team out with no practice or fitness work just how the heck will they be competitive?.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:27 - Jul 15 with 3644 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:14 - Jul 15 by aleanddale

Massive meeting ( Creditors ) on Thursday followed by a shareholders one.

That leaves 2 weeks until the eve of the new season.

At best they can sign non contract / loans and desperados.

No idea how this next 2 weeks will pan out for the gigglers.

If they get a team out with no practice or fitness work just how the heck will they be competitive?.

Only 25% of goals scored against the bucket rats will count.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:55 - Jul 15 with 3555 viewsEllDale

I'd be intrigued to know the identities of some of these trialists.

I also see that they've sold a 19 year old to Burnley. No fee mentioned but that may keep them going for a few weeks if there's a sizeable chunk of it upfront.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:27 - Jul 15 with 3488 viewsrod_leach

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:28 - Jul 15 by DaleiLama

I've seen this a couple of times recent!y. Putting without prejudice at the front doesn't stop something being libellous does it, if it is in fact libellous? I thought it was more for use say if someone was facing redundancy and wanted to suggest a solution that they then couldn't be held to?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:39 - Jul 15 with 3446 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:27 - Jul 15 by rod_leach

I've seen this a couple of times recent!y. Putting without prejudice at the front doesn't stop something being libellous does it, if it is in fact libellous? I thought it was more for use say if someone was facing redundancy and wanted to suggest a solution that they then couldn't be held to?

Law phrase: Without abandonment of a claim, privilege, or right, and without implying an admission of liability.
(1) When used in a document or letter, without prejudice means that what follows (a) cannot be used as evidence in a court case, (b) cannot be taken as the signatory's last word on the subject matter, and (c) cannot be used as a precedent. Contents of such documents normally cannot be disclosed to the courts but, when a party proposes to settle a dispute out-of-court, it is the genuineness of the effort that determines whether the proposal can disclosed or not, and not whether the words without prejudice were used.

(2) When a court case is dismissed, or a court order is issued without prejudice, it means that a new case may be brought or a new order issued on the same basis as the dismissed case or the original order.

(3) Came 4th out of 12 at Kempton Park 3:30 1m 5 furlong handicap

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:28 - Jul 15 with 3342 viewsrod_leach

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:39 - Jul 15 by judd

Law phrase: Without abandonment of a claim, privilege, or right, and without implying an admission of liability.
(1) When used in a document or letter, without prejudice means that what follows (a) cannot be used as evidence in a court case, (b) cannot be taken as the signatory's last word on the subject matter, and (c) cannot be used as a precedent. Contents of such documents normally cannot be disclosed to the courts but, when a party proposes to settle a dispute out-of-court, it is the genuineness of the effort that determines whether the proposal can disclosed or not, and not whether the words without prejudice were used.

(2) When a court case is dismissed, or a court order is issued without prejudice, it means that a new case may be brought or a new order issued on the same basis as the dismissed case or the original order.

(3) Came 4th out of 12 at Kempton Park 3:30 1m 5 furlong handicap

So, for a layman like me, if someone named a person on a public forum and then wrote 'without prejudice *named person* is a serial rapist and paedophile, and also deliberately ran a business into the ground to make money' that couldn't be used in court as evidence of libel? Seems unlikely?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:42 - Jul 15 with 3303 viewsaleanddale

Without prejudice is also how Stevie Boy Dale starts most of his statements.

When repeated on here its with a touch of sarcasm.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:49 - Jul 15 with 3272 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:28 - Jul 15 by rod_leach

So, for a layman like me, if someone named a person on a public forum and then wrote 'without prejudice *named person* is a serial rapist and paedophile, and also deliberately ran a business into the ground to make money' that couldn't be used in court as evidence of libel? Seems unlikely?

Sweetmore could have used it when he called people who post on here “peados” (sic) and then his hangers on wouldn’t have had to claim his tweet was photoshopped.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:21 - Jul 15 with 3201 viewsD_Alien

Isn't there a difference between conjecture and libel? DL's post contains the words "i do wonder..."

Anyone can make conjecture out of anything, however far-fetched (without prejudice to DL's post)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:44 - Jul 15 with 3098 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:21 - Jul 15 by D_Alien

Isn't there a difference between conjecture and libel? DL's post contains the words "i do wonder..."

Anyone can make conjecture out of anything, however far-fetched (without prejudice to DL's post)

I believe, though I am not certain, that even implied slander or libel of a person, if proven within reasonable doubt who it is, can result in being taken to court and sued. Though it has to to very blatant.

For example if I said a bloke in Swansea has been dealing drugs whilst being a prominent member of a football club and a welsh international player, aged 27, who has been taking bungs, it would pretty much name the player - this is a non story and is totally made up, but in theory, this could see me in court getting sued.

I think Fitzo can probably confirm this, but his knowledge is way beyond mine!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:50 - Jul 15 with 3067 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:44 - Jul 15 by Thacks_Rabbits

I believe, though I am not certain, that even implied slander or libel of a person, if proven within reasonable doubt who it is, can result in being taken to court and sued. Though it has to to very blatant.

For example if I said a bloke in Swansea has been dealing drugs whilst being a prominent member of a football club and a welsh international player, aged 27, who has been taking bungs, it would pretty much name the player - this is a non story and is totally made up, but in theory, this could see me in court getting sued.

I think Fitzo can probably confirm this, but his knowledge is way beyond mine!!!

But what you're doing in that instance is actually accusing a person (named or un-named) of a criminal activity

My point is that conjecture is just that; for instance, i could say "I wonder if Andrew Strauss bribed the umpires at Lord's yesterday?"

It's not an accusation, but an idle conjecture

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:59 - Jul 15 with 3035 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:50 - Jul 15 by D_Alien

But what you're doing in that instance is actually accusing a person (named or un-named) of a criminal activity

My point is that conjecture is just that; for instance, i could say "I wonder if Andrew Strauss bribed the umpires at Lord's yesterday?"

It's not an accusation, but an idle conjecture

I am pretty sure you would be safe with that, I guess if KP said it he might not be!

I dare say a lawyer could argue you simply saying it could be deformation of character, as you have no grounds to think or suggest it, and then take it further.

I am not a lawyer DA but it seems to be a minefield, and the ones with the mines are the ones with the money!!!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:10 - Jul 15 with 2992 viewsfitzochris

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:59 - Jul 15 by Thacks_Rabbits

I am pretty sure you would be safe with that, I guess if KP said it he might not be!

I dare say a lawyer could argue you simply saying it could be deformation of character, as you have no grounds to think or suggest it, and then take it further.

I am not a lawyer DA but it seems to be a minefield, and the ones with the mines are the ones with the money!!!

Are you calling the umpires deformed?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:12 - Jul 15 with 2979 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:10 - Jul 15 by fitzochris

Are you calling the umpires deformed?

Can I sue predicted text 😂😂😂

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:15 - Jul 15 with 2963 viewsjudd

You would need some evidence to back up your claims, with or without prejudice. That evidence may not be the whole story, though.

Evidence can be published legal documents available in the public domain, or a witness statement for example.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:19 - Jul 15 with 2948 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:15 - Jul 15 by judd

You would need some evidence to back up your claims, with or without prejudice. That evidence may not be the whole story, though.

Evidence can be published legal documents available in the public domain, or a witness statement for example.

FREELOADER (With fookin prejudice)
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:20 - Jul 15 with 2944 viewsfitzochris

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:12 - Jul 15 by Thacks_Rabbits

Can I sue predicted text 😂😂😂

Hah.

And my understanding of defamation is only as it applies to journalists, as they have privilege in certain circumstances, such as freedom to report verbatim what is said in court etc.

The other defences are that the defamatory statement is true, although the defendant has to prove this, rather than the claimant disproving it, and the other defence is honest opinion, but it can only be used on an issue of public importance or interest. Again, this only applies to journalists and not, as far as I know, posters on an Internet forum.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:22 - Jul 15 with 2929 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:19 - Jul 15 by kel

FREELOADER (With fookin prejudice)

Ooh, feel the JEALOUSY

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:27 - Jul 15 with 2901 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:22 - Jul 15 by judd

Ooh, feel the JEALOUSY

Are FREELOADER a spin off band from TOPLOADER?

Never cared for them much!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024