Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2020775 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:14 - Jul 17 with 5842 viewsSandyman

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:56 - Jul 17 by blackdogblue

Did you miss the please donate bit at the bottom...

Wonder how many other forums they have gone begging on....

Online buckets. Do show your mate that extensive list of creditors bury owe. Might make him see the reality of the situation, not the "never our fault, give us money" one they are peddling.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:34 - Jul 17 with 5752 viewsblackdogblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:14 - Jul 17 by Sandyman

Online buckets. Do show your mate that extensive list of creditors bury owe. Might make him see the reality of the situation, not the "never our fault, give us money" one they are peddling.

Don’t have any mates, you know that 😢

He knows though & is as shocked as we are

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:48 - Jul 17 with 5712 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:56 - Jul 17 by blackdogblue

Did you miss the please donate bit at the bottom...

Wonder how many other forums they have gone begging on....

Didn’t miss it no, I think bury fans begging for money just washes over me as I see it that often.

They’re dead ambitious though.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:45 - Jul 17 with 5566 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:48 - Jul 17 by kel

Didn’t miss it no, I think bury fans begging for money just washes over me as I see it that often.

They’re dead ambitious though.

I don’t ever recall is ever begging for any funds from outside parties, obviously we have at times struggled and held up stands with old doors and lived on the generous nature of chairman and directors, but I don’t think we have ever slumped even close to bURYs disgusting lack of financial common sense.

I seem to recall us having buckets passed around in the 80’s or early 90’s but I think that was to help local good causes, not the club. Does anyone else remember that or have I made it up!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:47 - Jul 17 with 5562 viewsShun

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:19 - Jul 17 by soulboy

Buckets have now lost defender Callum McFdzean to Plymouth, meaning every one from their starting line up for the final game of last season have left giggle.

They must love Plymouth. How many players and backroom staff does that make now who’ve made the journey south?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:54 - Jul 17 with 5543 viewsEllDale

It will be interesting to see how this influx of players from Bury integrate with the existing staff at Plymouth.
There's certainly potential for a clique emerging.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:29 - Jul 17 with 5468 viewspioneer

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:45 - Jul 17 by Thacks_Rabbits

I don’t ever recall is ever begging for any funds from outside parties, obviously we have at times struggled and held up stands with old doors and lived on the generous nature of chairman and directors, but I don’t think we have ever slumped even close to bURYs disgusting lack of financial common sense.

I seem to recall us having buckets passed around in the 80’s or early 90’s but I think that was to help local good causes, not the club. Does anyone else remember that or have I made it up!!!

In the dark days of the late 70s suporters club carried a big sheet around the pitch at half time for supporters to throw money in to help the club. We were the local good cause. I remember almost losing some suppoerters as they were hit by flying coins.

I also remeber away supporters often generously throwing in coins. The club was a financial basket case at the time, but not a result of signing players and coming up with schemes that we could not afford.

There was also a crisis meeting held in the town at the request of some directors appealing for local businesses to get involved. As far as I can remember there was little, if any, response.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:39 - Jul 17 with 5441 viewsEllDale

Was that around the time that the Fighting Fund was set-up.
The name was accurate because the club was fighting for it's existence.
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:54 - Jul 17 with 5313 viewsfermin

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:29 - Jul 17 by pioneer

In the dark days of the late 70s suporters club carried a big sheet around the pitch at half time for supporters to throw money in to help the club. We were the local good cause. I remember almost losing some suppoerters as they were hit by flying coins.

I also remeber away supporters often generously throwing in coins. The club was a financial basket case at the time, but not a result of signing players and coming up with schemes that we could not afford.

There was also a crisis meeting held in the town at the request of some directors appealing for local businesses to get involved. As far as I can remember there was little, if any, response.

Playing devil's advocate a bit, would it actually be fair to say we were in fact signing players we could not afford or was there more to it than that?

Didn't some people used to pay in twice to help the club out in those days?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:00 - Jul 17 with 5287 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:54 - Jul 17 by fermin

Playing devil's advocate a bit, would it actually be fair to say we were in fact signing players we could not afford or was there more to it than that?

I've heard it said that people paid to leave early.

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:22 - Jul 17 with 5218 viewspioneer

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:39 - Jul 17 by EllDale

Was that around the time that the Fighting Fund was set-up.
The name was accurate because the club was fighting for it's existence.

fighting fund was set up in the 1960s I think it was essentially two blokes Fred and Alan who essentially carried on raising money through running the Tea bars after the original supporters club collapsed. A new supporters club was formed in the 70s
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:26 - Jul 17 with 5205 viewspioneer

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:54 - Jul 17 by fermin

Technically i suppose thats correct...we were struggling with average attendences in the very low 1000s. While there is much publicity around the 450 attendence v cambridge in 1974 that was caused by the three day week and power restriction meaning we had to play a midweek game in the afternoon. In the late 70s we had several saturday attendences below 1000.

No idea about folks paying twice....to be fair the football on offer wasnt worth paying once!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:29 - Jul 17 with 5199 viewspioneer

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:00 - Jul 17 by judd

I've heard it said that people paid to leave early.

We ften considered putting a turnstile on the exit. There was an old bloke whose name i have fogotted who opened the exit gates halfway through the second half. Some games he missed when he wasnt well the then secretary Gus Mclean would ask me togo round and open the gates. The abuse i got for leaving it until late in the second half was something to write home about!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:06 - Jul 17 with 4920 viewsArthurDaley

Just watched an episode of 2 Pints of Lager and a packet of crisps, it was way ahead of its time.
Janet I have 4,000 buckets to sell before weekend. I am going to see a client in bURY this afternoon.

A large VAT Dave

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:11 - Jul 17 with 4904 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:06 - Jul 17 by ArthurDaley

Just watched an episode of 2 Pints of Lager and a packet of crisps, it was way ahead of its time.
Janet I have 4,000 buckets to sell before weekend. I am going to see a client in bURY this afternoon.

Sell?

Or take 10p in the pound for em?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:31 - Jul 18 with 4420 viewsBigDaveMyCock

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:58 - Jul 16 by TTNYear

The bottom line for all these bury fans, good guys or not is this debacle happened on their watch. Claim you couldn’t do anything, fine! But they are in massive danger of not being able to pass the club on to future generations because of their ignorance and short sightedness. On your watch!

I think many of them will feel that guilt. They could have done something. Protest, question ideas, spending and decisions, write letters to Conn and bury times. But no...blinded by an arrogance that they are better than what they are. On their watch.

Am I sorry for them? Maybe, certainly for some... But this might give certain fans a kick up the arse, that you don’t know how good you’ve got it until you’ve lost it...

...On your watch.

Makes aiming for 20th in league one a humble target.

“You don’t know how good you’ve got it until you’ve lost it”

Very brave statement given 31 October is looming - and very much on your watch.

I’ll say it again. Think about what precisely you’re criticising Bury fans for.

Unfounded hubris and sense of superiority? Disregarding warning signs because the now is fine? A slapdash attitude towards risk and those who may be adversely affected? A refusal to engage with critical views? A readiness to run after every populist bone that’s thrown to you? A refusal to accept blame when it all unfolds? Ignoring people telling you blatant lies?

You have far more in common with them than you dare to think.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2019 10:57]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:49 - Jul 18 with 4376 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:31 - Jul 18 by BigDaveMyCock

“You don’t know how good you’ve got it until you’ve lost it”

Very brave statement given 31 October is looming - and very much on your watch.

I’ll say it again. Think about what precisely you’re criticising Bury fans for.

Unfounded hubris and sense of superiority? Disregarding warning signs because the now is fine? A slapdash attitude towards risk and those who may be adversely affected? A refusal to engage with critical views? A readiness to run after every populist bone that’s thrown to you? A refusal to accept blame when it all unfolds? Ignoring people telling you blatant lies?

You have far more in common with them than you dare to think.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2019 10:57]

Who are bURY meant to be playing on the 31st of October?

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:38 - Jul 18 with 4146 viewsDaleFan7

CVA meeting adjourned for an hour to try and convince Mederco to accept it.

They're going to worm their way out of it aren't they...
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:10 - Jul 18 with 4052 viewsCockneyDale

CVA approved
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:23 - Jul 18 with 3987 viewsDaleFan7

What a joke. Makes a mockery out of all clubs that run themselves to a budget.

I hope they're happy with any redundancies, shut down of business and lack of public funds that occur on the back of this.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:24 - Jul 18 with 3973 views442Dale

How long until the first person says a 12 point penalty is unfair because the EFL shouldn’t have allowed it all to happen in the first place?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:38 - Jul 18 with 3890 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:24 - Jul 18 by 442Dale

How long until the first person says a 12 point penalty is unfair because the EFL shouldn’t have allowed it all to happen in the first place?

Bury fans

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:23 - Jul 18 with 3633 viewsVivaDonaldo

I'm trying to figure out Dale's next move. He wont want to hang around for long.

Would imagine there is now an agreement in principle to reduce the debt he will look to sell the club lock stock and barrel to someone with the ability to pay the CVA.

I cant see Dale dipping into his own pocket to pay the CVA.

Any messing around here could be huge for Bury as the 12 point deduction gets worse if the CVA isn't executed correctly.

Whilst a step in the right direction so far as the fans of the club are concerned, there is a long way to go.

As many have already mentioned though it's the smaller businesses and HMRC which are going to be most put out by this action.

Might result in HMRC taking stronger action I the future or requiring a bond from football clubs with history of not paying tax on time/at all!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:43 - Jul 18 with 3566 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:23 - Jul 18 by VivaDonaldo

I'm trying to figure out Dale's next move. He wont want to hang around for long.

Would imagine there is now an agreement in principle to reduce the debt he will look to sell the club lock stock and barrel to someone with the ability to pay the CVA.

I cant see Dale dipping into his own pocket to pay the CVA.

Any messing around here could be huge for Bury as the 12 point deduction gets worse if the CVA isn't executed correctly.

Whilst a step in the right direction so far as the fans of the club are concerned, there is a long way to go.

As many have already mentioned though it's the smaller businesses and HMRC which are going to be most put out by this action.

Might result in HMRC taking stronger action I the future or requiring a bond from football clubs with history of not paying tax on time/at all!

Will they have to still appear in court on the next date which was adjourned recently, and if so, what powers does the court now have?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:01 - Jul 18 with 3332 viewsjudd

The old girl is safe...

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/17780052.bury-fcs-steve-dale-celebrates-cva-dec

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024