Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2027766 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:51 - Aug 8 with 3369 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:46 - Aug 8 by RAFCBLUE

They need to reach out to Steve Dale.

Apologies, kiss and make up or at the very least open a decent and honest line of communication.

Their only problem currently is getting the EFL comfortable.

If you think that 71 other clubs that don't have pots of cash have managed that and bury haven't it shows the EFL can take a pragmatic view.

But to get a pragmatic view you have to ask for pragmatism.

bury fans, bury football club and foreverbury haven't seen sense to do that.

If Dale stands them up then they can say they have tried but their PR of their plight is awful.

But what good will sucking up to Dale do?

I hate to say it but he ain't going to fund the CVA and I doubt there is time to find a buyer who can satisfy the EFL in a timely manner.

FB fooked up big-time and it just goes to show the folly of rolling over and kowtowing to the club hierarchy bluff and bluster.

Lots of decent fans of bury are suffering this slow, lingering death and it is awful to observe.

Unless that Nigerian bury fan from Rivals days can come up with an email or two.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 21:53]

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:53 - Aug 8 with 3357 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:30 - Aug 8 by Sandyman

Sorry but they probably would be in the same mess. The sensible things you suggest could not have averted the crisis at bfc which was caused by the recklessness of those in charge and the apathy of the fans and their representatives towards the irresponsibility that was taking place.
Unless I have missed your point for which I apologise in advance

It was sort of answered by R17! If they’d held Day accountable and given full, transparent coverage to everything that was going on, including all the times they’d been ignored then I really believe Day wouldn’t have liked the extra attention. Just think back how many times he’d come out with a statement or a signing or three and they’d all fall back in line.

Ignorance is not bliss and an organisation such as FB should never be like that and let things meander.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 22:22]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:55 - Aug 8 with 3335 viewsSandyman

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:53 - Aug 8 by 442Dale

It was sort of answered by R17! If they’d held Day accountable and given full, transparent coverage to everything that was going on, including all the times they’d been ignored then I really believe Day wouldn’t have liked the extra attention. Just think back how many times he’d come out with a statement or a signing or three and they’d all fall back in line.

Ignorance is not bliss and an organisation such as FB should never be like that and let things meander.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 22:22]

Point taken , Sir.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:59 - Aug 8 with 3311 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:51 - Aug 8 by judd

I hate to say it but he ain't going to fund the CVA and I doubt there is time to find a buyer who can satisfy the EFL in a timely manner.

FB fooked up big-time and it just goes to show the folly of rolling over and kowtowing to the club hierarchy bluff and bluster.

Lots of decent fans of bury are suffering this slow, lingering death and it is awful to observe.

Unless that Nigerian bury fan from Rivals days can come up with an email or two.

Absolutely. A lot less tragically, but this thing playing out in slow motion, is reminiscent of the Titanic going down. I'm sure FB aren't "the band playing on", but the statements they've released have been as much use as a chocolate fireguard and their apparent ineffectiveness has made FB look all the more toothless. I am genuinely gutted for the proper fans who saw this coming, have been humble throughout and are suffering. I suspect this may not apply to the majority of the fanbase, but I may be wrong.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:00 - Aug 8 with 3304 viewsTuPac_Shaker

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:44 - Aug 8 by EllDale

Just out of interest where is SD1 lurking these days?
There’s a big story in the local paper in Huddersfield tonight about how university students are having to be housed in a council leisure centre because Merderco built accommodation doesn’t meet safety regulations....

Somebody said Dubai, but who knows. I doubt it’s in the UK.
I saw him on King Street about a week after he left, but what can you do when he’s on his phone and you’re on your lunch? In hindsight probably more than what I did, but even though we *knew* something was amiss, much of this still hadn’t come out in the wash.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:00 - Aug 8 with 3304 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:05 - Aug 8 by Shun

Whoops, he’s blocked me on Twitter for pointing out a few simple truths.

Doesn’t surprise me one bit. The bloke simply isn’t playing with a full deck and needs to seek some professional help for refusing to acknowledge how sick it is to find the abuse of children somehow amusing. He’s actually old enough to have grandchildren which makes his views all the more worrying.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:01 - Aug 8 with 3292 viewskel

Heh, that was Comical Jon even though he denied it at the time.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:03 - Aug 8 with 3278 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:00 - Aug 8 by TuPac_Shaker

Somebody said Dubai, but who knows. I doubt it’s in the UK.
I saw him on King Street about a week after he left, but what can you do when he’s on his phone and you’re on your lunch? In hindsight probably more than what I did, but even though we *knew* something was amiss, much of this still hadn’t come out in the wash.

I'm surprised he didn't end up on your lunch, the fat fooker

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:04 - Aug 8 with 3262 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:01 - Aug 8 by kel

Heh, that was Comical Jon even though he denied it at the time.

No way it were him. It were funny.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:06 - Aug 8 with 3247 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:32 - Aug 8 by R17ALE

You're right, but turn the clock back 6 or 7 years when SD1 walked in off the street.

The fanfare that greeted him from Neville Neville, Gordon wow wow wow, and the sycophantic cowing from the Baldrick-like bury fans prostrating themselves in deference to this demi-god, who was sent from heaven to restore bury back to its natural home in the Championship. You can see why FB buckled under the overwhelming tide of rejoicing, and gleefully threw their shares in the direction sign-posted "gullible".

As fans, their responsibility was to stop and ask, "who?" and "why?"

Not one fan anywhere paused at the outset of SD1 to draw breath and evaluate.

Indeed, to my memory, this thread was the first such time anyone questioned SD1.

As usual, we were right. Which is precisely what bury fans hate about us and this thread.

Agreed and the video record proves it:

The Kevin Blackwell bit is an amazing record of what they actually said/did.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:11 - Aug 8 with 3208 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:04 - Aug 8 by judd

No way it were him. It were funny.

IT WERE.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:13 - Aug 8 with 3193 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:11 - Aug 8 by kel

IT WERE.

Well someone must of writ it for him. He's a white Lenny Henry.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:15 - Aug 8 with 3179 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:06 - Aug 8 by RAFCBLUE

Agreed and the video record proves it:

The Kevin Blackwell bit is an amazing record of what they actually said/did.

Day: "You'll always get the truth from me"

Brilliant.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:19 - Aug 8 with 3161 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:15 - Aug 8 by TVOS1907

Brilliant.

Thats what liars always say.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:22 - Aug 8 with 3144 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:19 - Aug 8 by dingdangblue

Thats what liars always say.

Thank fook we don't have to put up with failed promises.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:25 - Aug 8 with 3129 viewskel

Brilliant.

If only the camera bloke could have given us a shot of pdiddy on the front row with his tongue out.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:27 - Aug 8 with 3117 viewsRAFCBLUE

I'm only looking at the perspective that all they have done since last season ended is antagonise Dale.

And look how that has gone.

It might sound callous but if they don't have the gumption to do that they deserve to go bust.

They've no game on Saturday. If 3,000 bury fans turn up at gigg lane and protest between 1pm and 5pm like a matchday it will make the national press.

But they won't or can't as a fanbase.

forever bury talk about two possible buyers so now is the time for them to name themselves and put as much pressure on Steve Dale as possible.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:31 - Aug 8 with 3098 viewsRAFCBLUE

Brilliant.

When was Stewart Day ever not truthful?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:32 - Aug 8 with 3090 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:44 - Aug 8 by TuPac_Shaker

I don’t think he has it and I don’t think he wants to keep the club going
His business is dissolving/liquidating businesses. Why would a non-footballing man, who’s not even from Bury, treat the club any differently?
I truly believe that all this is being/has been done so he can say “I tried my very best to keep it going, but the EFL wouldn’t play ball”. I heard, way before any sirens starting wailing, that this is how he conducts his business and it’s to the letter.
Liquidating a football club with a 3000 strong fan base is different to liquidating a timber merchants with 11 employees. But he’s a wily old fox and I don’t for one minute believe he didn’t know what he was letting himself in for or what he’s doing.

I've thought this about his ramblings all along - it's the only perspective that not only makes any sense but actually fits the facts (as we have them)

Some people on here have said he's thick, but he's played the efl like a... what's the word i'm looking for? ... yes, like a fiddle

Not thick, but certainly thick-skinned. Best of luck with efforts to resuscitate a new Bury in the future, the old bury is dead

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:35 - Aug 8 with 3061 viewsrochdale_ranger

The clown harping on about about how bury winning two FA cups should motivate people to buy a season ticket for em cracked me up. Bit similar to the one on twitter saying we are jealous of their successes. As I keep reminding my Bury and Oldham supporting mates we are the biggest northwest club in league one and two with Accrington distantly behind us.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:47 - Aug 8 with 3011 viewsjudd

Just a reminder for bury fans who doubt our ability to dig:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/237852/page:1

And it ain't dead and buried, irrespective of...

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:54 - Aug 8 with 2969 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:25 - Aug 8 by kel

If only the camera bloke could have given us a shot of pdiddy on the front row with his tongue out.

Just his tongue..?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:56 - Aug 8 with 2956 views49thseason

I don't think Dale realised the extent of the Merdeco debts and running the club for a couple of seasons on fresh air was plan B, essentially he is now on a mission to get out with as much in his pockets as possible and be able to place all of the blame elsewhere. The fact he has allegedly turned potential suitors away because they wouldn't pay him £1m+ to walk away gives a clue to what he expects to make eventually if only by selling the ground for scrap and everything connected to it.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:59 - Aug 8 with 2942 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:56 - Aug 8 by 49thseason

I don't think Dale realised the extent of the Merdeco debts and running the club for a couple of seasons on fresh air was plan B, essentially he is now on a mission to get out with as much in his pockets as possible and be able to place all of the blame elsewhere. The fact he has allegedly turned potential suitors away because they wouldn't pay him £1m+ to walk away gives a clue to what he expects to make eventually if only by selling the ground for scrap and everything connected to it.

I think he was always on a mission to trouser as much wonga as he could without spending more than he initially paid.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:11 - Aug 8 with 2882 viewsBigDaveMyCock

‘International scouting network’, ‘Cash4Assets’, ‘Aparthotels’, ‘Jermaine Pennant’ and ‘Giggles very own Woodstock’.

Just a few of the nuggets we’ve had over the years.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024