Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1997295 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:39 - Aug 15 with 5081 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:34 - Aug 15 by Molly

Not really James. It's because of the way many of them have been acting for the last 20 years.

Perhaps it was a tad generous to say some.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/15/bury-another-growing-list-efl-cl
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 22:23]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:31 - Aug 15 with 4896 viewsMoonyDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:39 - Aug 15 by James1980

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/15/bury-another-growing-list-efl-cl

Jesus that makes for grim reading, if accurate it doesn't look good for a buyout for the Gigglers..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:35 - Aug 15 with 4881 viewsHopwoodblue

It’s like the vast canyon has finally come into view, where once stood a bridge there is no longer a bridge and the train is heading for oblivion. Mass panic has ensued as everyone clambers over one another trying to get off the ride only to realise all the doors are locked and there’s no way off.
Years ago they were screaming to the driver “go faster go faster” now their screaming “stop stop” not realising the driver got off months ago because he knew there was no bridge at the canyon and the train was heading for complete disaster.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 06:23 - Aug 16 with 4548 viewsRAFCBLUE

“The reality with Bury is that there is no equity there whatsoever. There's charges and debts everywhere you look.”

Daily Telegraph - Friday 16 August 2019

And they have the cheek to blame the EFL.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:48 - Aug 16 with 4428 viewsEllDale

Carrington is now like a "municipal park".
Am I right in thinking that they are still training there?
For nothing whilst we still have to pay to use facilities at Platt Lane?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:54 - Aug 16 with 4420 views1907

"If we go, I think we'll be the first of many," he said. "The entire league could fall apart. It's that fragile but they will not do anything about it as long as they can see fixtures are played."

Not over here Dave, pal.

We have a simple formula of paying wages we can afford & selling promising players to balance the books.

Crazy eh
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:59 - Aug 16 with 4408 viewsEllDale

The whole piece is full of great quotes.
There's a classic one about SD2 which says that he's not necessarily an asset stripper but does seem to have been unlucky with his businesses!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:05 - Aug 16 with 4387 viewsAncoats_Blue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:54 - Aug 16 by 1907

"If we go, I think we'll be the first of many," he said. "The entire league could fall apart. It's that fragile but they will not do anything about it as long as they can see fixtures are played."

Not over here Dave, pal.

We have a simple formula of paying wages we can afford & selling promising players to balance the books.

Crazy eh

Relying on player sales and big away crowds to pay the bills isn’t sustainable long term. It could take a few bad seasons and Dale could face problems too. Granted Dale aren’t securing debt to every inch of Spotland but we’re not bulletproof.
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:22 - Aug 16 with 4343 viewsKenBoon

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:54 - Aug 16 by 1907

Not over here Dave, pal.

Crazy eh

Strength in numbers. The reality is that Bury are unique in how they spent so much money they never had. They were advertised as a guaranteed return on investment and to no surprise that attracted the toilet of investors and Stuart Day was who they got. Having gone mad playing the part of 'The Chur' in Chairman manager 2017, he sold it to a grizzly bear, who wants the original guaranteed return on investment.

If we hit a dry patch with cup runs and player sales then we're in bother, but our board are aware of this and we appear to be saving for that rainy day. If the worst did happen to us, it'd be because our regular income is far below what's needed.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:33 - Aug 16 with 4096 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:35 - Aug 15 by Hopwoodblue

It’s like the vast canyon has finally come into view, where once stood a bridge there is no longer a bridge and the train is heading for oblivion. Mass panic has ensued as everyone clambers over one another trying to get off the ride only to realise all the doors are locked and there’s no way off.
Years ago they were screaming to the driver “go faster go faster” now their screaming “stop stop” not realising the driver got off months ago because he knew there was no bridge at the canyon and the train was heading for complete disaster.

There's a thread over there apportioning blame for this. Excluding our own Brierls, 10 folk have pinned their colours to the mast and of those, only 3 have suggested that fans might have done more - the other 7 have pointed fingers elsewhere. It might also be reasonable to suggest that at least one of the 3 is benefitting from hindsight. Hardly a scientific poll by any means, but the anecdotal evidence that "nothing could be done" certainly seems to be the majority mindset. If nothing else, this is a salutary lesson to every fan of lower league clubs everywhere if one were needed.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:42 - Aug 16 with 3928 viewsSheffield_dale

Please tell me I wasn’t the only one to hear that argument between S.Dale and S.Dawson on talk sport. Wow!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:50 - Aug 16 with 3897 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:33 - Aug 16 by DaleiLama

There's a thread over there apportioning blame for this. Excluding our own Brierls, 10 folk have pinned their colours to the mast and of those, only 3 have suggested that fans might have done more - the other 7 have pointed fingers elsewhere. It might also be reasonable to suggest that at least one of the 3 is benefitting from hindsight. Hardly a scientific poll by any means, but the anecdotal evidence that "nothing could be done" certainly seems to be the majority mindset. If nothing else, this is a salutary lesson to every fan of lower league clubs everywhere if one were needed.

Nothing can/could be done, yet there will be potentially (at best) a few hundred drowned rats assembling at Giggle Lane tomorrow to protest. About what, if nothing can be done ?

Where were these protests when it mattered ? By asking and pressing the point, they could have flushed out SD1 and proved what a charlatan he was by asking a few pertinent questions. ?

The EFL may be weak in terms of enforcing the expulsion, but they cannot be accused of not giving them every chance to get it sorted. Bury FC was an independent business, run by its' own employees. Once the people involved have passed the relevant checks (which they did) the EFL have no jurisdiction whatsoever, as to how that business operates, util breaches of their membership rules become known.

The blame game stops with SD1. He was the charlatan who steered the boat firmly towards the rocks.

Introduced by Neville Neville (who must have trusted him sufficiently).
Wrecked by SD1 who was on a massive ego trip. All this garbage about buying the fans refreshments at away games. It was borrowed money. They were unwittingly increasing the debt.

SD2 has done exactly what ruthless businessmen do. Stripped the business down to the bare minimum to cut the losses and try to save money. Even now, he hasn't gone far enough. It's leaking money at a phenomenal rate and the lifeblood of the business is ebbing away.

Blame SD1 85%

SD2 5% - (for bad attitude and pi$$ poor communication skills)

(most) Fans 10% - for wallowing in the obvious excesses and ignoring the blatant misuse of funds and turning a blind eye to the phenomenally increasing debts whilst it suited them. Only now are they 'up in arms' about their beloved club, as it struggles towards its' crypt.

Roll on next week, when a final decision is made and everyone knows what the future holds.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:51 - Aug 16 with 3894 viewsrochedale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:42 - Aug 16 by Sheffield_dale

Please tell me I wasn’t the only one to hear that argument between S.Dale and S.Dawson on talk sport. Wow!

S Dawson as in Bury FC player S Dawson?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:54 - Aug 16 with 3882 viewsParkinsGimp

I just caught the Dawson "whine" , this is the same Dawson who left the Dale for more money at Scunny, then left them for "more money " at bury!
Now didnt he look around the changing room ,then out at the battery throwing kids and think" hang on this isnt sustainable? "
No he swallowed the Milky Bars like a majority of their fans . The Leon Clarke comment about Sheff Utd not being able to match burys wages is amazing and not one of these radio pundits is picking up on this and putting the boot in like it should be done.
They lorded it up for years and now they are crying like little spoilt babies.
The audacity to ask bigger clubs to bail them out. Didnt the football community bail them out last time with all those mugs names on the backs of seats all over the hockey stadium. There is about 10 % of decent bury fans who I feel some sympathy for since like Tupak they understand the situation. The others are suffering delusional paranoia and have had delusions of grandeur for the past 40 years.
Pleaase get rid of them and be done. Decent fans can go away , start a fresh and be honest with themselves and others and then maybe we would have sympathy for them and help them out . But at present the majority of their fans are so self centred and toxic its disgusting.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:38 - Aug 16 with 3722 viewsrod_leach

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:22 - Aug 16 by KenBoon

Strength in numbers. The reality is that Bury are unique in how they spent so much money they never had. They were advertised as a guaranteed return on investment and to no surprise that attracted the toilet of investors and Stuart Day was who they got. Having gone mad playing the part of 'The Chur' in Chairman manager 2017, he sold it to a grizzly bear, who wants the original guaranteed return on investment.

If we hit a dry patch with cup runs and player sales then we're in bother, but our board are aware of this and we appear to be saving for that rainy day. If the worst did happen to us, it'd be because our regular income is far below what's needed.

The thing is, if we did hit a dry patch and had to cut back, I'd accept the reality of the situation and if it meant playing in League Two then I'd live with that quite happily.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:45 - Aug 16 with 3694 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:42 - Aug 16 by Sheffield_dale

It's all here...

[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 13:06]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:49 - Aug 16 with 3675 viewsEllDale

Doesn't Dawson still play for them (when they have a game that is)?
If he's got stroppy with the owner then it could be a quick way to be given your notice!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:18 - Aug 16 with 3546 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:45 - Aug 16 by dingdangblue

It's all here...

It's like nailing a jelly to a wall.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:28 - Aug 16 with 3490 viewsrochdaleriddler

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:45 - Aug 16 by dingdangblue

It's all here...

I know who I believe

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:40 - Aug 16 with 3420 viewsSalegraham

Is Saturday's even a demo or a wake ?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:47 - Aug 16 with 3380 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:28 - Aug 16 by rochdaleriddler

I know who I believe

SD3?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:52 - Aug 16 with 3337 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:47 - Aug 16 by TVOS1907

SD3?

Problems with ride levels apparently?

https://www.toontrack.com/forums/topic/ride-levels-in-sd3/

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:10 - Aug 16 with 3248 viewschalky_ncfc

Wow,that is some radio interview when you have players phoning up to have it out with the owner over wages,you've got to be in financial difficulties and starting to.worry about your home and family to do something like that because it it was untrue then your future at the club would be non existent

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:14 - Aug 16 with 3217 views49thseason

So the question is when bury were in breach of Dawson's contract by not paying him, why didn't he look for another club? Dawson is a decent footballer capable of earning good money elsewhere, so, why is he still at Bury when everyone else has left? Does he have a career-ending injury? Is he not able to read the writing on the wall? Or is he earning (when paid) the sort of money that he knows he can't get anywhere else, hoping the club will be bought out?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:36 - Aug 16 with 3117 viewsAncoats_Blue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:38 - Aug 16 by rod_leach

The thing is, if we did hit a dry patch and had to cut back, I'd accept the reality of the situation and if it meant playing in League Two then I'd live with that quite happily.

Therein lies the difference. I think most of us are level headed enough to accept our clubs limitations. I'd love us to sign a squad of stars and storm through the leagues. I know that we can't afford that though. I also accept that I'm likely to see Dale play in L2 again and possibly non league in the future. I knew what I was signing up for when I decided against City or United as my team ;)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024