Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2021824 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:54 - Aug 19 with 3489 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:17 - Aug 19 by Sandyman

Truth hurts, doesn't it? And what bitterness is shown when faced with it.

Poetry. I bet there isn't a link to that on the Gigglers board. There damn well should be.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:00 - Aug 19 with 3452 viewsdingdangblue

Forever bury blameless after all.

'Forever Bury have never ever given any shares away and have only ever had approximately 11% of shares. The main shares were owned and managed by the SOS Trust set up by Nev Neville and supposed to separate from the directors. This was changed at the request of Iain Mills (former Director) who wanted some bang for his buck when he invested £200,000. Since then they have been controlled by the Directors of Bury FC. And given to Day and then given to Dale. Nothing to do with Forever Bury.

In summary, a total cock up(!) by a previous Director, as the SOS shares were set up precisely to avoid a Day type figure coming along and controlling everything.'

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:13 - Aug 19 with 3379 viewsDaley_Lama

I seem to recall that early on in the Day reign there was a shareholders vote to constitutionally change the club and board structure.

Forever Bury campaigned against it and asked individual share holders to allow them to represent and vote by proxy as collective strength.

On the night of the vote, they changed theirs and the proxy votes to be in support of the constitutional changes which gave Day despot levels of control of club finance, their reward was a seat on the board (Jill Neville)

I also seem to recall that she lasted about a year before she was pushed out by Day.

(Edit: Happy for the above to be refuted)
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 10:14]

Poll: DF in or out

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:15 - Aug 19 with 3370 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:17 - Aug 19 by Sandyman

Truth hurts, doesn't it? And what bitterness is shown when faced with it.

You have to wonder why anyone thought the reaction would be different.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:33 - Aug 19 with 3294 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:15 - Aug 19 by TVOS1907

You have to wonder why anyone thought the reaction would be different.

Because they are getting support from 99% of clubs all over the UK (apart from nasty Dale and Tranmere) - The massive Rangers from Glasgow are very sympathetic (cant think why)?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:41 - Aug 19 with 3252 viewsdawlishdale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:13 - Aug 19 by Daley_Lama

I seem to recall that early on in the Day reign there was a shareholders vote to constitutionally change the club and board structure.

Forever Bury campaigned against it and asked individual share holders to allow them to represent and vote by proxy as collective strength.

On the night of the vote, they changed theirs and the proxy votes to be in support of the constitutional changes which gave Day despot levels of control of club finance, their reward was a seat on the board (Jill Neville)

I also seem to recall that she lasted about a year before she was pushed out by Day.

This is exactly my recollection of events.

Forever Bury sought proxy votes from their members and stood firmly against the Day bid, but they held a last ditch meeting with Day and co, and then changed their minds, using the proxy votes to support his takeover and without consulting those who had given proxy votes.

They were offered a place on the Board as a sweetener , but this only lasted a year, as they hadn't read the terms which demanded a large sum of money for further years Board perks. Not sure who was on the Board representing them, but it was a token gesture by Day & co, who merely held important Board meetings without FB.

Thus; I'm almost sure that FB were very much complicit in Day getting control of the club in the first place...and for them to now distance themselves from their own history is wrong. They are probably trying to position themselves to be the lead party in the formation of a Phoenix Club should the worst happen, but surely it will be so easy to evidence their part in Day's initial takeover; thus rendering them not fit for purpose?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:49 - Aug 19 with 3233 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:41 - Aug 19 by dawlishdale

Forever Bury sought proxy votes from their members and stood firmly against the Day bid, but they held a last ditch meeting with Day and co, and then changed their minds, using the proxy votes to support his takeover and without consulting those who had given proxy votes.

They were offered a place on the Board as a sweetener , but this only lasted a year, as they hadn't read the terms which demanded a large sum of money for further years Board perks. Not sure who was on the Board representing them, but it was a token gesture by Day & co, who merely held important Board meetings without FB.

Thus; I'm almost sure that FB were very much complicit in Day getting control of the club in the first place...and for them to now distance themselves from their own history is wrong. They are probably trying to position themselves to be the lead party in the formation of a Phoenix Club should the worst happen, but surely it will be so easy to evidence their part in Day's initial takeover; thus rendering them not fit for purpose?

Think it was a lady called Joy Hart.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:49 - Aug 19 with 3233 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:13 - Aug 19 by Daley_Lama

I think the lady was called Joy Hart.

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:51 - Aug 19 with 3226 viewsSandyman

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:41 - Aug 19 by dawlishdale

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/11588646.shakers-board-reveal-plans-to-appoint
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:07 - Aug 19 with 3156 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:51 - Aug 19 by Sandyman

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/11588646.shakers-board-reveal-plans-to-appoint

<<Dave Giffard, chairman of Forever Bury, added: “We are happy to move forward with the club.”>>

That Shrewsbury thread uses the phrase “complicit attendance”.

They know.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:08 - Aug 19 with 3147 viewskiwidale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 06:46 - Aug 19 by James1980

Sad to see things like this

Im with you James that is heart breaking.

This is not the time for bickering.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:15 - Aug 19 with 3114 viewsdawlishdale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:00 - Aug 19 by dingdangblue

Forever bury blameless after all.

'Forever Bury have never ever given any shares away and have only ever had approximately 11% of shares. The main shares were owned and managed by the SOS Trust set up by Nev Neville and supposed to separate from the directors. This was changed at the request of Iain Mills (former Director) who wanted some bang for his buck when he invested £200,000. Since then they have been controlled by the Directors of Bury FC. And given to Day and then given to Dale. Nothing to do with Forever Bury.

In summary, a total cock up(!) by a previous Director, as the SOS shares were set up precisely to avoid a Day type figure coming along and controlling everything.'

Where did you get this from DDB?

The link provided by Sandyman suggests that whoever is claiming that FB didn't give any shares away is mistaken.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:25 - Aug 19 with 3071 viewskiwidale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:15 - Aug 19 by dawlishdale

The link provided by Sandyman suggests that whoever is claiming that FB didn't give any shares away is mistaken.

It does not matter about the details, this is a tragedy for football akin to watching a train wreck with people cheering ... have some dignity Dale we are better than this..

This is not the time for bickering.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:28 - Aug 19 with 3056 viewsColDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:54 - Aug 19 by SuddenLad

Poetry. I bet there isn't a link to that on the Gigglers board. There damn well should be.

Surprsingly there is.

The reaction is this: "Certain clubs fans appear to have a deep rooted loathing of ours without reason or logic."

There is a genuine belief on there that any criticism of Bury is purely down to childness, jealousy, bitterness etc. I would say that every criticism of them, whether that be us, Tranmere or Shrewsbury, has been eloquently argued consistently along the lines of years and years of overspending but it may as well have been written in invisible ink.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:36 - Aug 19 with 3018 viewsSandyman

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:28 - Aug 19 by ColDale

Surprsingly there is.

The reaction is this: "Certain clubs fans appear to have a deep rooted loathing of ours without reason or logic."

There is a genuine belief on there that any criticism of Bury is purely down to childness, jealousy, bitterness etc. I would say that every criticism of them, whether that be us, Tranmere or Shrewsbury, has been eloquently argued consistently along the lines of years and years of overspending but it may as well have been written in invisible ink.

“If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through”. General Melchett
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:36 - Aug 19 with 3014 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:15 - Aug 19 by dawlishdale

It's from the blueandamber link TVOS posted on the previous page. Someone questions the bury fan about Forever bury giving up their shares and that was his reply.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:37 - Aug 19 with 3013 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:28 - Aug 19 by ColDale

Surprsingly there is.

"Without reason or logic" ??

Bloody hell, what do they put in the water over there ? The blind arrogance of some of their supporters is staggering. No wonder they're in the deep doo-doo and sinking fast. They simply refuse to see the obvious. They are surely beyond help.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:53 - Aug 19 with 2937 viewsmacro

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:25 - Aug 19 by kiwidale

It does not matter about the details, this is a tragedy for football akin to watching a train wreck with people cheering ... have some dignity Dale we are better than this..

They’ve been mismanaged for the last 20 years - boom and bust, sod the small business, sod the charity and the majority of fans have enjoyed the ride. Dignity my arse, let them go under and be a warning for other mismanaged clubs
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:58 - Aug 19 with 2907 viewsDaleiLama

I'm pretty sure this fella never lauded it over anyone. It could have been any one of hundreds of similarly placed Daleys. It's these people I genuinely feel sick to the stomach for, regardless of anything else that has gone one. He wasn't part of it, I'm sure he didn't condone it and he was a supporter 40 years before it even started. Reading Gordon's words gave me a huge lump in my throat. What has happened over there is criminal on so many levels.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:59 - Aug 19 with 2897 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:25 - Aug 19 by kiwidale

Shame bury fans couldn’t show such dignity towards the CHILD victims of sexual abuse in Rochdale when they sing their sick songs and make their poisonous posts on twitter.

Never, ever seen their ‘reasoned fans’ condemn that, have you?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:00 - Aug 19 with 2881 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:58 - Aug 19 by DaleiLama

I'm pretty sure this fella never lauded it over anyone. It could have been any one of hundreds of similarly placed Daleys. It's these people I genuinely feel sick to the stomach for, regardless of anything else that has gone one. He wasn't part of it, I'm sure he didn't condone it and he was a supporter 40 years before it even started. Reading Gordon's words gave me a huge lump in my throat. What has happened over there is criminal on so many levels.

I feel bad for the old bloke and the friends and family I have that support them but Gordon can fook right off.

He knows why.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:02 - Aug 19 with 2876 viewsmacro

Part of my lack of sympathy is that if bury were non-league they’d have disappeared years ago. Hereford, Kings Lynn, North Ferriby and others went under for paltry amount some less than 10k and they all had fans who’d supported them for years. Yet bury get to limp from crisis to crisis, administration to administration etc. It is criminal mismanagement by SD1 recently but very few criticised, they all jumped on the new ground, championship football, etc etc without a second glance
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:03 - Aug 19 with 2865 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:00 - Aug 19 by kel

I feel bad for the old bloke and the friends and family I have that support them but Gordon can fook right off.

He knows why.

Never met him and never will so can't comment. My comment, like your sympathy, was directed entirely at the "innocent bystanders" like this fella and more of his ilk.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 12:03]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:05 - Aug 19 with 2848 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:03 - Aug 19 by DaleiLama

Never met him and never will so can't comment. My comment, like your sympathy, was directed entirely at the "innocent bystanders" like this fella and more of his ilk.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 12:03]

Yeah, I know. Apologies if you thought otherwise.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:42 - Aug 19 with 2686 viewsfermin

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:02 - Aug 19 by macro

Part of my lack of sympathy is that if bury were non-league they’d have disappeared years ago. Hereford, Kings Lynn, North Ferriby and others went under for paltry amount some less than 10k and they all had fans who’d supported them for years. Yet bury get to limp from crisis to crisis, administration to administration etc. It is criminal mismanagement by SD1 recently but very few criticised, they all jumped on the new ground, championship football, etc etc without a second glance

Yes, I agree. Normally I am very sympathetic to fans in this plight (and I am sympathetic to fans like that old Bury fan in the clip), but it is not as if this is the first time this has happened. Weren't they in all sorts of problems when Day took over? Would they really have been happy at the EFL blocking his takeover? Based on those Revolution videos when he started and the fact that despite mountains of evidence to the contrary most of them continued to believe all his nonsense almost to the very end I very much doubt it. Probably be blaming the EFL for listening too closely to the ravings of Dale fans jealous of his massive wealth or his mysterious backers.

It is not as if they are the first club this has happened to. If they are kicked out then they have to get on and organise a fan-owned club without delusions of grandeur for next season to carry on so that fans like Kenny have somewhere to go even if it is at a much lower level. There are lots of people to take advice from who have gone through this already - Newport had to start in a different country and there was a great documentary about their resurrection on the BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0007gq8/giantkillers-the-team-that-wouldn
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024