Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2022068 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:13 - Aug 23 with 4563 views49thseason

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:54 - Aug 23 by VivaDonaldo

EFL have gotten to flex their muscle and show the next team that there will be repercussions. Bury are rid of Dale and hopefully have a new owner that will try and run things more sustainably.

We keep a rival, they keep their club.

Only people that really miss out are those that have been paid out under the CVA and any teams missing potential gate receipts from the games postponed so far.

I think you missed the bit about Mansfield missing out on promotion to a team that the club couldnt afford in the first place and didnt pay anyway. The dozens of small businesses and even a charity who are well out of pocket from dealing with them. The hotels they blagged overnight accommodation from, the inland revenue , in other words you and me,
And now they hope to be taken over by a gambler with as close an affinity to football as his father has to the truth . Jeeze, this thread will run for another 200 pages at least.. somebody needs to get a grip and take this dog to the vets,
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:16 - Aug 23 with 4512 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:08 - Aug 23 by 442Dale

<<Statement from Newman and Campbell of C&N Sporting Risk

"We can confirm that over the past 10 weeks we have been in discussions with Bury FC, the EFL and others with a view to putting forward a proposal to buy the club.

"It is a very complicated scenario and there remain a number of outstanding legal and other issues that have to be addressed.

"Our background is in football and data analytics and it should therefore not be surprising that we are taking a very detailed forensic look at the realities of Bury FC finances.

"A club like Bury ought to have a viable long-term future even if the short-term future is clearly very challenging. To that end we have been in discussions with the EFL about an extension so that we can continue to explore the prospects for a purchase. We will be making no further comment at this stage.">>

Why would anyone be celebrating that it’s all sorted based on the information there?

The EFL statement around 5pm rubbished the advancement of credibility offered by both club owner and prospective buyer(s).

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:17 - Aug 23 with 4504 viewsdingdangblue

"We can confirm that over the past 10 weeks we have been in discussions with Bury FC, the EFL and others with a view to putting forward a proposal to buy the club.

"It is a very complicated scenario and there remain a number of outstanding legal and other issues that have to be addressed.

"Our background is in football and data analytics and it should therefore not be surprising that we are taking a very detailed forensic look at the realities of Bury FC finances.

"A club like Bury ought to have a viable long-term future even if the short-term future is clearly very challenging. To that end we have been in discussions with the EFL about an extension so that we can continue to explore the prospects for a purchase. We will be making no further comment at this stage.">>

Why would anyone be celebrating that it’s all sorted based on the information there?

Like running on the pitch thinking you've been promoted when you haven't.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:22 - Aug 23 with 4405 viewsMolly

So C and N sporting risk have been in contact with the EFL over the last ten weeks according to their statement. If such is the case the EFL are aware of their interest and have been for over 2 months.
The EFL put out a statement earlier today confirming that midnight tonight still stood as the deadline. C and N are saying they need more time for due diligence . If the EFL grant such they must loose any credibility they still may have.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:22 - Aug 23 with 4394 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Been looking at it for 10 weeks and did not Bid until 2 hours before game over, Jesus Christ only at bURY could this be believed!

If they are so good at what they do a week is plenty to get into all the accounts and debts etc, and work out what is sustainable and what the worth is.

I cannot see for one minute why they would want bURY unless it’s to stall or hide goings on. Would not shock me if the offer is £1 and Dale walks away!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:27 - Aug 23 with 4349 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:28 - Aug 23 with 4338 viewsMolly

The C&N statement would indicate that they have not yet made a bid.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:34 - Aug 23 with 4275 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:22 - Aug 23 by Thacks_Rabbits

Been looking at it for 10 weeks and did not Bid until 2 hours before game over, Jesus Christ only at bURY could this be believed!

If they are so good at what they do a week is plenty to get into all the accounts and debts etc, and work out what is sustainable and what the worth is.

I cannot see for one minute why they would want bURY unless it’s to stall or hide goings on. Would not shock me if the offer is £1 and Dale walks away!

Steve Dale says he has sold a debt free club to an organisation with £1m working capital.

He just wants a nett £810,000 consideration for saving the old lady.

It being a done deal, the prospective youthful purchasers have requested a deadline extension like a history minor student on essay deadline might do as he recovers from yet another hangover whilst the new Dean thinks “bollox to this”

It isn’t a done deal and the deadline simply HAS to stand.

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:37 - Aug 23 with 4221 views100569

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:28 - Aug 23 by Molly

The C&N statement would indicate that they have not yet made a bid.

and might not do so " …………….so that we can continue to explore the prospects of a purchase ". Doesn`t sound nailed on to me.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:38 - Aug 23 with 4211 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:34 - Aug 23 by judd

Steve Dale says he has sold a debt free club to an organisation with £1m working capital.

He just wants a nett £810,000 consideration for saving the old lady.

It being a done deal, the prospective youthful purchasers have requested a deadline extension like a history minor student on essay deadline might do as he recovers from yet another hangover whilst the new Dean thinks “bollox to this”

It isn’t a done deal and the deadline simply HAS to stand.

And the MP who has remained as positive as anyone throughout comes up with statements like this as reassurance:

“Funds, agreement, due diligence and peace of mind are all still to be done.”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:43 - Aug 23 with 4139 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:37 - Aug 23 by 100569

and might not do so " …………….so that we can continue to explore the prospects of a purchase ". Doesn`t sound nailed on to me.

Far from it.....

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:44 - Aug 23 with 4116 viewssince58

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:38 - Aug 23 by 442Dale

And the MP who has remained as positive as anyone throughout comes up with statements like this as reassurance:

M P
Massive prick.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:46 - Aug 23 with 4085 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:43 - Aug 23 by SuddenLad

Far from it.....

Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over.........

it fookin isn't yet!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:46 - Aug 23 with 4064 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:38 - Aug 23 by 442Dale

Its the focus on elimination via protocol that makes my slash boil.

Whilst that MP is seeking grace and favour from the handful of supporters who are his constituents, he has totally overlooked the local businesses, charity and former employees being screwed over cash that is rightfully theirs. I’d seriously love to go line by line on that debtors list with Frith and tear the prick a new one.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:01 - Aug 24 with 3887 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:45 - Aug 24 with 3591 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:01 - Aug 24 by 442Dale

"We await information"

FFS, they've had since June 7th to put this bid together, since the declared date of their first interest. What have tey been doing, if not preparing the relevant paperwork that would constitute a serious bid.

More smoke and mirrors.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 01:03 - Aug 24 with 3530 viewsHopwoodblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:45 - Aug 24 by SuddenLad

"We await information"

FFS, they've had since June 7th to put this bid together, since the declared date of their first interest. What have tey been doing, if not preparing the relevant paperwork that would constitute a serious bid.

More smoke and mirrors.

Sadly for me if it all go’s through it will all start again no class better than us all that shit I’ve put up with it from 1970 when I went to senior school in Heywood they have no class very few understand I’ve had belle full they are the scum of the earth !

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 05:26 - Aug 24 with 3308 viewsrochedale

According to this report in the Gaurdian, it’s the partner of Dale’s daughter who’s made the bid. Unsurprisingly, it’s sounds dodgy...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/23/bury-company-debt-cva-steve-dal

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 06:11 - Aug 24 with 3238 viewsAlexF

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 05:26 - Aug 24 by rochedale

According to this report in the Gaurdian, it’s the partner of Dale’s daughter who’s made the bid. Unsurprisingly, it’s sounds dodgy...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/23/bury-company-debt-cva-steve-dal

Unbelievable if thats legal. In truth all the club are doing here is switching over to the Bolton survival model, buying weeks and months in the hope of sorting something out
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 06:17 - Aug 24 with 3220 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

The precedent is now set for other failing clubs, due to the weaknesses shown by the EFL. When is a deadline not a deadline?
What are the rules for fit and proper persons and why are they not implemented?
How and why are companies able to be created in seconds, then allowed to vote on the voluntary liquidation of an organisation that has been around for 134 years?
How are said companies able to turn a £70,000 debt into a £1.75M profit by doing the above?
Why do politicians, celebrities and ex-players wait until the 11th hour before putting in their two penn'orth?
Why isn`t the law changed so that these sharks can`t continually rob small companies blind and end up paying 10p in the pound (e.g.) ?
Even the HMRC seem to have weakened in this situation, why?

It is a criminal organisation, bought by criminals, sold on to criminals and genuine people are the ones who lose their livelihoods, whilst these criminals become more and more wealthy. The whole episode stinks and bury fans who celebrated promotion twice in recent times are as much to blame, knowing full well that it was all achieved by cheating.
What goes around comes around and it is only a matter of time before it happens again at bury, should they manage to get out of this situation.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 06:56 - Aug 24 with 3094 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 06:17 - Aug 24 by RooleyMoorBlue

The precedent is now set for other failing clubs, due to the weaknesses shown by the EFL. When is a deadline not a deadline?
What are the rules for fit and proper persons and why are they not implemented?
How and why are companies able to be created in seconds, then allowed to vote on the voluntary liquidation of an organisation that has been around for 134 years?
How are said companies able to turn a £70,000 debt into a £1.75M profit by doing the above?
Why do politicians, celebrities and ex-players wait until the 11th hour before putting in their two penn'orth?
Why isn`t the law changed so that these sharks can`t continually rob small companies blind and end up paying 10p in the pound (e.g.) ?
Even the HMRC seem to have weakened in this situation, why?

It is a criminal organisation, bought by criminals, sold on to criminals and genuine people are the ones who lose their livelihoods, whilst these criminals become more and more wealthy. The whole episode stinks and bury fans who celebrated promotion twice in recent times are as much to blame, knowing full well that it was all achieved by cheating.
What goes around comes around and it is only a matter of time before it happens again at bury, should they manage to get out of this situation.

You've summed up my thoughts on this situation perfectly rmb

It simply shouldn't be legally possible for these sequences of events to happen. I'm an avid believer in free enterprise, but there's something fundamentally wrong with company law for this to be even considered viable

Could someone with a greater interest in finance explain what the data analytics company might stand to gain from a takeover? I've got other things to study and think about, but the ability to manipulate the system which affects whole sections of the population - including small businesses and charities - shouldn't be tolerated in a (relatively) free society, any more than mugging in the street or breaking and entering. It makes losers of us all, whether directly affected or not

Just what does the Campbell company stand to gain by taking on an outfit with no public presence in the wider world?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:04 - Aug 24 with 3045 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:46 - Aug 23 by judd

Its the focus on elimination via protocol that makes my slash boil.

Whilst that MP is seeking grace and favour from the handful of supporters who are his constituents, he has totally overlooked the local businesses, charity and former employees being screwed over cash that is rightfully theirs. I’d seriously love to go line by line on that debtors list with Frith and tear the prick a new one.

They're gone judd.

The EFL made a clear deadline for proof of funds which has been missed.

The club isn't sold, it's subject to an offer and that offer has so many conditions there isn't the guarantee it will follow through.

In the meantime the EFL have to consider bury's next three games:

* Doncaster - 31st August
* Tranmere - 3rd September
* Bolton - 8th September

That's three games in the next 14 days, can bury put out a credible side for those and all subsequent fixtures.

There is also a points penalty coming for the games postponed in the season to date.

This is actually really simple for the EFL based on the rules.

The hard bit is that the EFL has been boxed good and proper by Dale's PR and left them the choice of if they want to pull the plug or not.

I think they will today for the integrity of the competition and that upcoming fixture list which could not be completed as they are now.

I then expect bury to start in Step 6 next season with the support of the Football Association.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:13 - Aug 24 with 3009 viewsColDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 06:56 - Aug 24 by D_Alien

You've summed up my thoughts on this situation perfectly rmb

It simply shouldn't be legally possible for these sequences of events to happen. I'm an avid believer in free enterprise, but there's something fundamentally wrong with company law for this to be even considered viable

Could someone with a greater interest in finance explain what the data analytics company might stand to gain from a takeover? I've got other things to study and think about, but the ability to manipulate the system which affects whole sections of the population - including small businesses and charities - shouldn't be tolerated in a (relatively) free society, any more than mugging in the street or breaking and entering. It makes losers of us all, whether directly affected or not

Just what does the Campbell company stand to gain by taking on an outfit with no public presence in the wider world?

My guess from what I've googled is that they are looking at following the moneyball approach. Both Newman and Campbell (despite the gambling background) seem well thouight of. Read an article in the telegraph which spoke of Campbell's history of scouting at West Ham, and Newman's time associated with Barnet comes recommended. Purely speculative, but I reckon they see an opportunity to bring in cheap players (mostly from abroad) and profit from selling them on.

Ive got no issue with the EFL extending the deadline over this. If it takes a few more days, then so be it. What I would have issue is this company suggests they've been looking into this for a ten week period which would suggest they've been lurking in the background since before the start of the CVA process. The admin / cva process still remains too easy a get out for any club to act recklessly for several years in exchange for a few months of hardship.

I reckon there's still a long way to go to get this over the line even if the EFL extend the deadline. I doubt very much that the books are all as they should be and there seems to be such a tangled web of who owes what and to whom. An above board organisation would be put off if they felt there were illegalities that had taken place or the books were in such a mess. Am I right in thinking their accounts for 2018 have still not been published?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:13 - Aug 24 with 3009 viewsIOMDale

You honestly couldn’t make this up; they’re not even saved just yet and they’re already discussing whether they can still use Carrington. Pull the fookin’ plug!

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/35818-do-we-still-ownlease-carrington/

UTDNFS

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:45 - Aug 24 with 2825 views1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:13 - Aug 24 by IOMDale

You honestly couldn’t make this up; they’re not even saved just yet and they’re already discussing whether they can still use Carrington. Pull the fookin’ plug!

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/35818-do-we-still-ownlease-carrington/

“carrington is critical to us, in the medium term, we can easily cover the £700k/pa rent/costs (inc our staff/utils), just in the winter months, allowing local semi and pro teams to train“

I have nothing to say.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024