Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2021256 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:22 - Aug 24 with 3970 viewsKenBoon

Their fan base will never, ever learn. It must be hell at times being a Bury fan who is capable of quiet time and to look deeper into things. It’s always the ride on somebody else’s money.

My biggest takeaway from this whole sorry saga, which has so many innocent victims is it’s basically impossible to go out of business if you’re a football club with a golden efl share at league one or above (maybe some in league 2). Let’s get spending.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:23 - Aug 24 with 3946 views100569

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:55 - Aug 24 by isitme

Kick them out of the league. Let the takeover happen and it gives the new owners time to sort everything out and get some players together ready to start in the non league pyramid next season. If they are allowed to carry on I don't see how they can fulfil any fixtures as they don't have enough or any players?

and while they are at it get rid of Bolton too and they can sort their similar mess.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:24 - Aug 24 with 3942 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:15 - Aug 24 by Shun

Bless, they’ve made a thread about which clubs were friendly to them and which clubs told them it like it is. Absolute melts.

Which list are we on? 😂

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:28 - Aug 24 with 3883 viewsShun

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:24 - Aug 24 by RAFCBLUE

Which list are we on? 😂

We actually didn’t make either initial list. Sad times. Feel like we’ve been forgotten.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:30 - Aug 24 with 3864 viewsKenBoon

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:28 - Aug 24 by Shun

We actually didn’t make either initial list. Sad times. Feel like we’ve been forgotten.

“We only hate tranmere rovers...”
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:30 - Aug 24 with 3860 viewsMoonyDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:28 - Aug 24 by Shun

That would suit me Shun and I sometimes think we should do the same and just forget them, they are after all an irrelevance....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:33 - Aug 24 with 3801 viewsScunnydale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:22 - Aug 24 by KenBoon

Their fan base will never, ever learn. It must be hell at times being a Bury fan who is capable of quiet time and to look deeper into things. It’s always the ride on somebody else’s money.

My biggest takeaway from this whole sorry saga, which has so many innocent victims is it’s basically impossible to go out of business if you’re a football club with a golden efl share at league one or above (maybe some in league 2). Let’s get spending.

There was a Bury fan on BBC Breakfast (Tupac?) who was talking about how they must be financially viable in the future and learn from their past mistakes. If it wasn't Tupac, they must have searched high and wide to find another who talked sense.

It helped that he praised well-run north-west clubs like Accrington and Rochdale, of course.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:35 - Aug 24 with 3764 viewssmaclad1

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:33 - Aug 24 by Scunnydale

There was a Bury fan on BBC Breakfast (Tupac?) who was talking about how they must be financially viable in the future and learn from their past mistakes. If it wasn't Tupac, they must have searched high and wide to find another who talked sense.

It helped that he praised well-run north-west clubs like Accrington and Rochdale, of course.

Whoever it was, once they find out his user name he'll be turfed off beardy!
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:40 - Aug 24 with 3687 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:35 - Aug 24 by smaclad1

Whoever it was, once they find out his user name he'll be turfed off beardy!

They don't like being told to budget do they.

Statement from EFL delayed around by 2 hours now.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:41 - Aug 24 with 3668 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:15 - Aug 24 by Shun

Bless, they’ve made a thread about which clubs were friendly to them and which clubs told them it like it is. Absolute melts.

And it's very noticeable that most of the clubs who were 'friendly' to them are other financial offenders.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:53 - Aug 24 with 3522 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:40 - Aug 24 by James1980

They don't like being told to budget do they.

Statement from EFL delayed around by 2 hours now.

There's a shock,yet a other delayed "final" timescale, a fooking joke of an organisation running an even bigger joke of a football club .
They somehow can make coming out of Europe a quick straightforward looking task.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 11:54]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:57 - Aug 24 with 3467 viewschalky_ncfc

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:41 - Aug 24 by TVOS1907

And it's very noticeable that most of the clubs who were 'friendly' to them are other financial offenders.

I hope that they do survive,I know what it's like to see the club that you have supported all of your life being ripped apart by outsiders who are looking for personal gain with no respect for the club,it could have very easily have been Notts,we've come extremely close a couple of occasions to folding completely and it wasn't down to the fans either as owners rarely take any notice of the paying customer,we haven't had a decent owner in the past twenty years and are lucky to be playing in the National League
There's a lot of keyboard warriors on every forum but then there's those who go down every week to support their club and have done for generations and I'm on their side,I've got my fingers crossed for Bury to come out of this mess at the end of the season probably a league lower but still going as a club

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:59 - Aug 24 with 3429 viewsScunnydale

A 12-hour extension on their deadline of deadlines.

If they had good news to report, surely something would have come out by now? As it stands, is no news bad news for Bury?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:03 - Aug 24 with 3379 viewsforeverhopefulDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:57 - Aug 24 by chalky_ncfc

I hope that they do survive,I know what it's like to see the club that you have supported all of your life being ripped apart by outsiders who are looking for personal gain with no respect for the club,it could have very easily have been Notts,we've come extremely close a couple of occasions to folding completely and it wasn't down to the fans either as owners rarely take any notice of the paying customer,we haven't had a decent owner in the past twenty years and are lucky to be playing in the National League
There's a lot of keyboard warriors on every forum but then there's those who go down every week to support their club and have done for generations and I'm on their side,I've got my fingers crossed for Bury to come out of this mess at the end of the season probably a league lower but still going as a club

The Club though, should still be expelled from the EFL, and start again further down the football pyramid, hopefully learning to live within their means.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:10 - Aug 24 with 3299 viewsD_Dale

A very fairminded comment.

It's undeniable that it's hard to be sympathetic towards some bury supporters, but they are probably a minority.

There have been times when Dale has been close to falling into the wrong hands. Isn't the book "Men in Overcoats", recently subject of a thread on this forum, about such an episode?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:11 - Aug 24 with 3283 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:53 - Aug 24 by nordenblue

There's a shock,yet a other delayed "final" timescale, a fooking joke of an organisation running an even bigger joke of a football club .
They somehow can make coming out of Europe a quick straightforward looking task.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 11:54]

Tbf, the 9.45am statement wasn't reported officially by the EFL, but by BBC RM, so we don't know if it was ever meant to happen then.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:17 - Aug 24 with 3232 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:27 - Aug 24 by RAFCBLUE

The EFL's prime responsibility is to administer the competition.

That competition is in flux due to this issue.

The only discussion point today is have bury demonstrated the ability to fulfil a full season of fixtures?

46 League games; 1 FA Cup game and at least 3 Checkatrade games. - 50 in total.

They can't fulfil their fixtures. Therefore, they have to be expelled.

Any time extension gives these same questions at the end of the extension.

Can they say yes to playing 50 games next week? Nope.

I think (TVOS might be able to confirm) we hold the lowest ever points from the 1970's in this League.

There's a bit of me that would love to see bury play and take that record from us.

We got 21 points in 73/74, although it was only two points per win back then.

We'd have to trawl through the league tables to see if there has been a lower total in the third tier and I cba at the moment.

The overall lowest EFL points total is 8, but that was when the league only had two divisions.

The Checkatrade isn't the Checkatrade this season, either. It's now the Leasing.com Trophy!

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:17 - Aug 24 with 3230 viewsToffeemanc

I don't think the EFL will announce anything before today's games have finished. They won't want the spotlight taking away from the clubs who do have fixtures to fulfil.

For me any announcement / statement before 3-00pm will likely be good news for the buckets.
If the statement comes after 5-00pm I think it is more likely to be bad news for them.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:24 - Aug 24 with 3145 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:03 - Aug 24 by foreverhopefulDale

The Club though, should still be expelled from the EFL, and start again further down the football pyramid, hopefully learning to live within their means.

That won't be happening,if it was they've had ample chance/reason to throw them out, don't be surprised if there's yet another delay to the "final" deadline time either, that will keep rolling till some silly fooker chucks the inevitable brass at them as a stop gap.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:25 - Aug 24 with 3127 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:24 - Aug 24 by nordenblue

That won't be happening,if it was they've had ample chance/reason to throw them out, don't be surprised if there's yet another delay to the "final" deadline time either, that will keep rolling till some silly fooker chucks the inevitable brass at them as a stop gap.

One of their 'in the know' people is reporting the deadline has been extended to 5pm Tuesday.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:32 - Aug 24 with 3042 viewsD_Alien

The "keyboard warriors" you refer to and "those who go down every week to support their club" are very often one and the same. The reason we're pissed off with this farce chalky is - as you well know - that those diehard supporters want their team to be able to play on a level playing field, and those who cheat DO NOT DESERVE to either prosper, or continue in the EFL

You know that, and seemed to accept it, but there's no difference between posting about it and being one of those fans who want to see financial fair play. Making out they're two different sets of folk is simply wrong, so no, it's not a fair-minded comment

Keyboard warrior rant over

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:37 - Aug 24 with 2977 viewsCleedale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:17 - Aug 24 by TVOS1907

We got 21 points in 73/74, although it was only two points per win back then.

We'd have to trawl through the league tables to see if there has been a lower total in the third tier and I cba at the moment.

The overall lowest EFL points total is 8, but that was when the league only had two divisions.

The Checkatrade isn't the Checkatrade this season, either. It's now the Leasing.com Trophy!

Leasing.com Trophy?

Hope they're not into leasing out footie clubs!

(Perhaps more truth in that than first thought with the heavy reliance these days on loan deals (players) which is a sort of lease).
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:46 - Aug 24 with 2859 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:37 - Aug 24 by Cleedale

Leasing.com Trophy?

Hope they're not into leasing out footie clubs!

(Perhaps more truth in that than first thought with the heavy reliance these days on loan deals (players) which is a sort of lease).

Announced three weeks ago

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august/leasing.com-to-become-new-sponsor-of-efl-tr

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:47 - Aug 24 with 2853 viewsforeverhopefulDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:24 - Aug 24 by nordenblue

I think you are right. They will escape justice, and will soon be throwing lots of money around, and losing money.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:56 - Aug 24 with 2784 viewsTVOS1907

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august/efl-statement-bury-fc2/?utm_source=t.co&utm

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024