Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2022098 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:27 - Aug 25 with 4515 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:07 - Aug 25 by electricblue

According to James Frith.....
Good to hear that #EFL Debbie Jevans has told #Sportsweek this morning confirm that Bury Football Club bidders have provided sufficient evidence they have the funds to buy the club. She also says Tuesday 5pm deadline can be extended but only if deal is 99% done - and warns no more matches will be postponed.

The hard work is paying off. Still no guarantees and I’ve heard listed the amount of work still to be done to get this across the line. #UTS

EFL must make them play if they don’t kick them out.

Doncaster (a good team at this level) will be up for scoring a good few goals.

Bolton’s experience of competing is one of playing teams that want to score a number of goals. Dale, Tranmere and Ipswich all scored 5 - which sets the scene for bury to face teams looking to improve their goal differences against teams of untried players.

Jevans says that no more games can be postponed.

If they pass Tuesday then they play.

It also means that the company buying and their two new owners has to stop betting on any football. FA rules prohibit it.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:34 - Aug 25 with 4461 viewsSandyman

https://www.companydirectorcheck.com/steven-derek-dale-9

States SD2 is a director of bury fc Leisure Ltd and bury fc Heritage Ltd but has resigned as BURY FOOTBALL CLUB COMPANY LIMITED(THE).

The page https://www.companieslist.co.uk/00053268-bury-football-club-company-limited-the states BURY FOOTBALL CLUB COMPANY LIMITED(THE) is in voluntary arrangement and in "liquidation" . If the company has been liquidated has the company gone bust or is this just terminology ? Anyone know?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:46 - Aug 25 with 4411 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:34 - Aug 25 by Sandyman

https://www.companydirectorcheck.com/steven-derek-dale-9

States SD2 is a director of bury fc Leisure Ltd and bury fc Heritage Ltd but has resigned as BURY FOOTBALL CLUB COMPANY LIMITED(THE).

The page https://www.companieslist.co.uk/00053268-bury-football-club-company-limited-the states BURY FOOTBALL CLUB COMPANY LIMITED(THE) is in voluntary arrangement and in "liquidation" . If the company has been liquidated has the company gone bust or is this just terminology ? Anyone know?

He’s still there.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00053268/filing-history

The company is under voluntary arrangement - the CVA - not being liquidated.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:52 - Aug 25 with 4390 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:46 - Aug 25 by RAFCBLUE

He’s still there.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00053268/filing-history

The company is under voluntary arrangement - the CVA - not being liquidated.

That also shows Jill Neville as 'active' whereas she resigned a while ago.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:54 - Aug 25 with 4371 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:52 - Aug 25 by SuddenLad

That also shows Jill Neville as 'active' whereas she resigned a while ago.

You still have to file the paperwork. Walking away isn’t the same as resigning formally at Companies House.

Neville only went on a Thursday so expect that to show up this week.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:03 - Aug 25 with 4345 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:54 - Aug 25 by RAFCBLUE

You still have to file the paperwork. Walking away isn’t the same as resigning formally at Companies House.

Neville only went on a Thursday so expect that to show up this week.

Bury ? File the paperwork ?? Perhaps they'll send her resignation letter along with the 2018 accounts. Eventually..

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:43 - Aug 25 with 4235 viewsSandyman

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:03 - Aug 25 by SuddenLad

Bury ? File the paperwork ?? Perhaps they'll send her resignation letter along with the 2018 accounts. Eventually..

Indeed. The accounts due to be filed haven't been as all know.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00053268

How can a prospective buyer, needing £millions to splurge before a day's trading even takes place, consider getting involved without this information, never mind the rest of the mess?
How can the EFL even consider such a takeover and bury's continuance in League 1 without cast iron guarantees of financial probity?

Much to do before Tuesday at 5PM. Or Tuesday at Midnight. Or Wednesday at 5PM. Or Wednesday at Midnight etc etc etc

You'd have to be a bit dormant to go seat cleaning at giggle ( without pay, natch ) before it's all sorted out.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2019 12:43]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:53 - Aug 25 with 4193 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:43 - Aug 25 by Sandyman

Indeed. The accounts due to be filed haven't been as all know.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00053268

How can a prospective buyer, needing £millions to splurge before a day's trading even takes place, consider getting involved without this information, never mind the rest of the mess?
How can the EFL even consider such a takeover and bury's continuance in League 1 without cast iron guarantees of financial probity?

Much to do before Tuesday at 5PM. Or Tuesday at Midnight. Or Wednesday at 5PM. Or Wednesday at Midnight etc etc etc

You'd have to be a bit dormant to go seat cleaning at giggle ( without pay, natch ) before it's all sorted out.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2019 12:43]

If things aren't ready for Tuesday I wouldn't panic there will be plenty more "deadlines" to be moved back of needed, biggest set of spineless tvvats ever
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:37 - Aug 25 with 4083 viewsTVOS1907

"As others have said. What difference does it make to Doncaster if they suspend the game on Tue or Wed?
"Either day results in the same outcome - Bury expelled and Doncaster without a game."

Classic attitude.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:51 - Aug 25 with 4041 viewsmacro

Who are the financial backers behind the duo?

or are they going to go down the ‘famous’ lots of loans at extortionate interest rates
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:51 - Aug 25 with 3924 viewsCleedale

Just a question if anyone can answer; which of course might already have been brought up in previous posts.

We all know how difficult our own club is to run (financially wise at least). What was quoted recently by the club - around £4.2 million each season in L1 - and guess that is just breaking even. Quick guess-work in my head says £1.6M from League/Sky, £1M gate and the rest through other revenue income but quite heavily geared towards what has been selling on some great players; quite often regrettably? (We quite often hear about 'Custodians').

So why, (with admittedly ever so slightly bigger gates), would anyone want to come in and own a lower league'ish side like bury whose copybook is eternally blotted by all this shenanigans, debts are unknown etc., etc?

EFL have come over extremely weak with the situation; EXTREMELY! I do not understand their continued statements about not wanting to lose a member. WHY?

There are quite a few ex-League clubs out there who'd be quite happy to swap places with bury, regain their membership AND play by the rules; I count at least 4 of 5 (in the Conference) who I'd say were comparable in gate numbers to them and 11 in total who regularly shared League matches not so many moons ago.

So come on Debbie Jevans & The EFL - it's time you did us all a favour with this one.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:32 - Aug 25 with 3828 views49thseason

Probably none of those that are no longer in the league tried to blame the EFL for their situation. There are rules about spending that dont ever get enforced, deadlines that are given he kiss of life, and fit and proper tests that are nothing of the kind.
The real interest of the EFL is in providing the maximum number of spectators and interest for their competition sponsors. All news is good news as long as its in the media and creating talking points. Actally enforcig their own rules is low down on their list of priorities when there is so much more wining and dining to be done
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:56 - Aug 25 with 3776 viewsrochdale_ranger

How many points will they be docked for all the postponements they have had. Or will the carry on with a points deduction and have to play these games?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:58 - Aug 25 with 3770 viewselectricblue

Surely all this publicity the EFL are getting through various media outlets isnt good for the organisation.

How many of the 72 members are thinking that the EFL are weak willed and full of hot air....

I bet there are quite a few..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:17 - Aug 25 with 3554 viewsblackdogblue

Any murmurs on the Beardy North Korean Website about anyone regretting seeing Gordon the Moran & getting their Early Bird Season Ticket back out of the bucket at the side of his desk??

They must be sooo confident now extension number 8 has happened....

On a previous post about no staff, kit etc... thought about the catering, SHAME on Domiinos sneaking free publicity on the handcuff incident.. bet they won’t put the catering on next Saturday...

in fact, just found the light....

Let’s be Cristian about this whole sorry business.....

Let’s send them some of our pies & poison the b&stards 😀😀
[Post edited 25 Aug 2019 18:41]

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:00 - Aug 25 with 3426 viewsD_Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:56 - Aug 25 by rochdale_ranger

How many points will they be docked for all the postponements they have had. Or will the carry on with a points deduction and have to play these games?

I think they will have to play the postponed games - otherwise those clubs who don't play them could be at a disadvantage (regarding promotion, for instance).

Something else I've not seen explained: where are they (and similarly, Bolton) going to recruit a squad of players from (not to mention managerial/admin staff) in the next few days?

Oh, I forgot, Manchester United have said they could make loans. So that's five players, now just a need for 14/15 footballers who are available and can play at L1 level.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:11 - Aug 25 with 3387 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:00 - Aug 25 by D_Dale

I think they will have to play the postponed games - otherwise those clubs who don't play them could be at a disadvantage (regarding promotion, for instance).

Something else I've not seen explained: where are they (and similarly, Bolton) going to recruit a squad of players from (not to mention managerial/admin staff) in the next few days?

Oh, I forgot, Manchester United have said they could make loans. So that's five players, now just a need for 14/15 footballers who are available and can play at L1 level.

Isn't there be limit in number of loaned in a match day squad?

The postponed games will have to be played but there will be further points deductions.

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:36 - Aug 25 with 3314 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:11 - Aug 25 by judd

Isn't there be limit in number of loaned in a match day squad?

The postponed games will have to be played but there will be further points deductions.

Think you're allowed to sign 8 loan players but only select a maximum of 5 in any matchday squad
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:17 - Aug 25 with 3209 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:36 - Aug 25 by nordenblue

Think you're allowed to sign 8 loan players but only select a maximum of 5 in any matchday squad

The EFL will probably bend the rules for the buckets because they are a special case.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:36 - Aug 25 with 3153 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:00 - Aug 25 by D_Dale

As Bolton have found, loans from the big clubs are thin on the ground and the only youth they have is their own.

The big clubs want their future talent looking after and in most cases improving by learning from some experienced pros at a lower standard than they'd ultimately hope to play at.

Why would you launch a decent youngster into bury in late August? You'd be doing them an injustice, risking their development and consigning them to a season of playing in a side that will be hammered and relegated.

The alternative is keeping them in a competitive under-23's league which itself is signing a lot of young players to develop competitive youth talent.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:38 - Aug 25 with 3124 viewsAlexF

Listen guys, we need to get rational and realistic, I've made comments about EFL extending deadlines etc, its really quite simple, EFL, PFA and anyone else with a football related interest in Bury, plus all the airy fairy "125/135 yearers", plus all the media, politicians, ex-bury/bolton etc, have a vested interest (financial and/or otherwise) in both bury and Bolton staying in the league. EFL will not take the final step with these clubs until there is absolutely no feasible route, no promise, no alternative bid in the background, no hope at all left. Dont hold any breath back for tuesday/wednesday. My prediction re tuesday/wednesday, is that the new bury owners will have made 'sufficent progress' for bury to start playing games, with some fatuous future 'deadline' for completing the deal.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:42 - Aug 25 with 3103 viewsrochdaleriddler

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:17 - Aug 25 by James1980

The EFL will probably bend the rules for the buckets because they are a special case.

I’ve heard of bendy buses, not bendy buckets

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:07 - Aug 25 with 3018 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:42 - Aug 25 by rochdaleriddler

I’ve heard of bendy buses, not bendy buckets

Well if they get left in the sun too long.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:43 - Aug 25 with 2928 viewsscarrow

Maybe the EFL need to be more like Italian football. No messing, finances arent correct relegated/kicked out. Palermo demoted to serie D over the summer. One of many through the years.

Poll: Final position

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:45 - Aug 25 with 2924 viewsmikehunt

I wonder if the EFL are bricking it a bit with these clubs? I mean, could they possibly be held accountable for negligence in allowing rogue directors to take over the clubs? After all they are supposed to conduct fit and proper checks aren't they? Better for them to keep them in the league by hook or by crook and then everyone will forget about it and the EFL can continue doing what they do best - which is ....erm?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024