Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1997852 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:49 - Aug 27 with 4066 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:41 - Aug 27 by 49thseason

Dale gives the impression of being a chancer but the villain is without doubt Day. The damage was done long before Dale arrived on the scene. He was just the idiot who was holding the parcel when the music stopped..

There was a theory on the bucket board that Dale had been paid off by Day a long time ago. He was paid to come in, take all the shit and be at the helm when they go under - taking most of the flack and allowing Day to get off virtually scot free. Seems the plan worked.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 23:50]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:51 - Aug 27 with 4041 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:48 - Aug 27 by RAFCBLUE

I don't believe you can absolve responsibilities that easily under the Companies Act.

Equally shadow directors can be drawn in - Glenn Thomas and Karl Evans spring to mind.

No, you're quite right, especially if he hadn't resigned a while ago.

There must be others stocking up on Andrex, such as the lawyer.

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:52 - Aug 27 with 4025 viewsSandyman

Went to my first Dale game just over 50 years ago. Division 3 game v bury. 3 - 3. Stood on The Hill. Decided I liked Dale and didn't like bury on that day.
50 years on, Rochdale are in the same division. bury are in no league at all.
We are so much the bigger, better, superior and famous club.
bury are a sick, bankrupt joke. Result.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:56 - Aug 27 with 3957 viewsMolly

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:40 - Aug 27 by judd

Thanks.

The timing of his resignation, if it has happened, could be crucial in any prosecution of his part in any deemed illegality.

To think we allow historic inappropriate corporate activity to be brushed aside eh?

Not always brushed aside. In a previous existence I spent a good deal of time at many courts around Manchester including the two Manchester Crown Courts. The Serious Fraud Squad from London were often involved in prosecutions at Crown Court. involving inappropriate corporate activity. They were always extremely thorough and relentless in their investigations and presentation of evidence.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:58 - Aug 27 with 3921 views49thseason

Perhaps the trust might now turn its mind to ways of ensuring that our club never becomes a target for the likes of a Day or Dale. The ground is the biggest tangible asset , maybe the club should sell random square metres of it to supporters to make it impossible to build on it unless everyone agrees to sell their squares... or summat similar.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:04 - Aug 28 with 3841 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:58 - Aug 27 by 49thseason

Perhaps the trust might now turn its mind to ways of ensuring that our club never becomes a target for the likes of a Day or Dale. The ground is the biggest tangible asset , maybe the club should sell random square metres of it to supporters to make it impossible to build on it unless everyone agrees to sell their squares... or summat similar.

I may be wrong, but I think that's already been done.

I think the Articles of Association were amended in the Kilpatrick/Morris era to require all or virtually all shares to vote for a sale of our ground.

The logic being a small minority could scupper it and if that wasn't a Director shareholder, it could be a minority shareholder.

Subsequently Kilpatrick/Morris issues a number of shares to fans which broadened the base to the point I think there are at least a couple of hundred different shareholders.

I'd like to see the Trust play a bigger ownership role a bit like goes on at Exeter City but whether that is practical/feasible I do not know.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:09 - Aug 28 with 3793 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:04 - Aug 28 by RAFCBLUE

I may be wrong, but I think that's already been done.

I think the Articles of Association were amended in the Kilpatrick/Morris era to require all or virtually all shares to vote for a sale of our ground.

The logic being a small minority could scupper it and if that wasn't a Director shareholder, it could be a minority shareholder.

Subsequently Kilpatrick/Morris issues a number of shares to fans which broadened the base to the point I think there are at least a couple of hundred different shareholders.

I'd like to see the Trust play a bigger ownership role a bit like goes on at Exeter City but whether that is practical/feasible I do not know.

I have the articles somewhere, amended during Colin Garlicks tenure as chief exec and I think also secretary. I'll check them out.

As for the Trust getting more shares, I think there is more chance of Bury winning the league, FA and Carabao Cups this season.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:10 - Aug 28 with 3776 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:56 - Aug 27 by Molly

Not always brushed aside. In a previous existence I spent a good deal of time at many courts around Manchester including the two Manchester Crown Courts. The Serious Fraud Squad from London were often involved in prosecutions at Crown Court. involving inappropriate corporate activity. They were always extremely thorough and relentless in their investigations and presentation of evidence.

Thanks Molly, but I'm uncertain that I've explained my point clearly initially.

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:13 - Aug 28 with 3742 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:09 - Aug 28 by judd

I have the articles somewhere, amended during Colin Garlicks tenure as chief exec and I think also secretary. I'll check them out.

As for the Trust getting more shares, I think there is more chance of Bury winning the league, FA and Carabao Cups this season.

Thanks, judd.

This is the Exeter one, I'm certain our Trust and our Club could replicate many of the positive elements if it wished to explore them.

https://www.weownexetercityfc.co.uk/how-the-club-is-run

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:17 - Aug 28 with 3703 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:13 - Aug 28 by RAFCBLUE

Thanks, judd.

This is the Exeter one, I'm certain our Trust and our Club could replicate many of the positive elements if it wished to explore them.

https://www.weownexetercityfc.co.uk/how-the-club-is-run

Can you imagine us as a club advertising to recruit for as key a position as, say, chief executive?

My aching sides...

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:22 - Aug 28 with 3660 viewsSandyman

bury.
Who ?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:26 - Aug 28 with 3622 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:17 - Aug 28 by judd

Can you imagine us as a club advertising to recruit for as key a position as, say, chief executive?

My aching sides...

No. Not as we are currently arranged, sadly.

But Exeter City are ace and to be applauded.

Full history here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exeter_City_Supporters%27_Trust

Long may they thrive and if you look at what has happened to bury tonight, they are a great example of how to do it.

We can all learn, our club included.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:28 - Aug 28 with 3599 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:26 - Aug 28 by RAFCBLUE

Full history here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exeter_City_Supporters%27_Trust

Long may they thrive and if you look at what has happened to bury tonight, they are a great example of how to do it.

Definitely. Although ourselves and Accrington are held up as positive examples of how clubs can be run, there’s little doubt that today is a wake up call for everyone. To not acknowledge that would be a massive mistake.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:29 - Aug 28 with 3589 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:26 - Aug 28 by RAFCBLUE

I am in total agreement with you re: Exeter.

We do have an MOU in place, frequently referenced by 442Dale on here.

I may seek a copy for review purposes.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:33 - Aug 28 with 3581 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:29 - Aug 28 by judd

I am in total agreement with you re: Exeter.

We do have an MOU in place, frequently referenced by 442Dale on here.

I may seek a copy for review purposes.

‘Frequently referencing’ will be on the gravestone.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:37 - Aug 28 with 3551 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:33 - Aug 28 by 442Dale

‘Frequently referencing’ will be on the gravestone.

But you live in hope...

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:38 - Aug 28 with 3548 viewsAlan_ADale

well what a laugh. after years of them thinking they had some sort of superiority over Rochdale, they are gone, because of years and years and
years of cheating. justice.
poor old steve dale did his best and all those thick fans (did you see them on sky tonight? talk about mongs??) did nothing but slag him off.
most unfair. what did any of those smack heads that could barely form a sentence at gag lame tonight do to save the club? nothing. apparently chaining yourself to a drainpipe can wipe away ten million pounds of
debt. most of those backward types just want to swing from a tyre suspended on a rope.if they can manage it.
pdiddy pops (in various forms) the retarded robshaker and the mong who said rain will go up before Dale, the world LAUGHS at you tonight. and every night.
bury fc is nothing.
hilarious.

we'll never play you again

suck it up and get used to it buckets. HA HA HA HA HA HA
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 02:31 - Aug 28 with 3291 viewsmacro

It seemed to be two fold what killed the proposed take over deal - the mortgage on the ground and the refusal of the company to budge on the payments and the debts being significantly greater than advertised.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 02:57 - Aug 28 with 3263 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Walsh OUT!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 03:28 - Aug 28 with 3240 viewskiwidale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:38 - Aug 28 by Alan_ADale

well what a laugh. after years of them thinking they had some sort of superiority over Rochdale, they are gone, because of years and years and
years of cheating. justice.
poor old steve dale did his best and all those thick fans (did you see them on sky tonight? talk about mongs??) did nothing but slag him off.
most unfair. what did any of those smack heads that could barely form a sentence at gag lame tonight do to save the club? nothing. apparently chaining yourself to a drainpipe can wipe away ten million pounds of
debt. most of those backward types just want to swing from a tyre suspended on a rope.if they can manage it.
pdiddy pops (in various forms) the retarded robshaker and the mong who said rain will go up before Dale, the world LAUGHS at you tonight. and every night.
bury fc is nothing.
hilarious.

we'll never play you again

suck it up and get used to it buckets. HA HA HA HA HA HA

Top effort Alan on new avatar... cruel but very funny.

This is not the time for bickering.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 04:39 - Aug 28 with 3180 viewsDiddyDave

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:26 - Aug 27 by KenBoon

I suspect most of us know a lot of good Bury fans. They're basically the same as us but were just born the wrong side of Heywood. I've spoken to a few who are totally heart broken. Supporters who just wanted to support. Folk who take their kids to games. This is all really sad but was the only decision considering how long it has gone on. As soon as the MP started saying they could relegate them it was a very bad sign. I suspect we'll see Bury FC next season, freed from their ground and remaining assets, in the NWCL.

Totally agree with your sentiments Ken. I think this is a tragedy not only for the supporters and town of Bury,but for Lancashire and football in general. Sure we love to take the piss out of each other on derby days,sing silly songs about our respective towns,but they are the highlights of the season,bigger than average crowds,each hoping for bragging rights till the next time we meet.
The EFL do have to shoulder a lot of the blame,obviously their character assessments,or whatever they call it,has failed badly here as it has at many other clubs and this should be a watershed case to make sure the likes of Dale and Day never have the chance of sucking the blood out of other vulnerable clubs who live on shoestring budgets,Dale are one of them.
I`ve seen many games at Bury,as I`m sure many people on here will have,saw them in the Second Division in the Sixties when they had a good side,Bob Stokoe as manager,me and my dad going on the bus. Saw Newcastle beat them 7-2,saw Brian Clough play his last game for Middlesbrough when he did his knee crashing into Chris Harker who later helped Dale to promotion. Saw great players like Colin Bell,Alex Lindsay and potentially the best of them all,Jimmy Kerr,a Scots lad who sadly had to give the game away at just 19 years of age.
A few on here will love the fact that Bury are now history,but parochialism apart,they will be missed,twice this year and into the future,no more derby matches-ever. Football in Lancashire will be for the worse for their demise.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 05:55 - Aug 28 with 3084 viewsfrenzied

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 04:39 - Aug 28 by DiddyDave

Totally agree with your sentiments Ken. I think this is a tragedy not only for the supporters and town of Bury,but for Lancashire and football in general. Sure we love to take the piss out of each other on derby days,sing silly songs about our respective towns,but they are the highlights of the season,bigger than average crowds,each hoping for bragging rights till the next time we meet.
The EFL do have to shoulder a lot of the blame,obviously their character assessments,or whatever they call it,has failed badly here as it has at many other clubs and this should be a watershed case to make sure the likes of Dale and Day never have the chance of sucking the blood out of other vulnerable clubs who live on shoestring budgets,Dale are one of them.
I`ve seen many games at Bury,as I`m sure many people on here will have,saw them in the Second Division in the Sixties when they had a good side,Bob Stokoe as manager,me and my dad going on the bus. Saw Newcastle beat them 7-2,saw Brian Clough play his last game for Middlesbrough when he did his knee crashing into Chris Harker who later helped Dale to promotion. Saw great players like Colin Bell,Alex Lindsay and potentially the best of them all,Jimmy Kerr,a Scots lad who sadly had to give the game away at just 19 years of age.
A few on here will love the fact that Bury are now history,but parochialism apart,they will be missed,twice this year and into the future,no more derby matches-ever. Football in Lancashire will be for the worse for their demise.

Quite agree..

Can’t see Bolton not suffering the same fate also..their situation seems worse still..
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 06:16 - Aug 28 with 3013 viewsAlexF

So, the combination of size of debt andpossibility of investigation made any sale impossible, or at least remote, forcing EFLs hand. Interesting that they have, in effect, called for investigation, the SDs may have a bumpy ride yet. The CVA looks a good place to start.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 06:30 - Aug 28 with 2965 viewsdingdangblue

Fancy selling tickets for Saturday before they'd even announced a decision on their future?
Fancy arranging for fans to clean a stadium on the day an announcement was being made - why not wait till today?
Seems a typical bury thing to do - blase till the end.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 06:34 - Aug 28 with 2945 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 06:30 - Aug 28 by dingdangblue

Fancy selling tickets for Saturday before they'd even announced a decision on their future?
Fancy arranging for fans to clean a stadium on the day an announcement was being made - why not wait till today?
Seems a typical bury thing to do - blase till the end.

The legal entity remains so full refunds for any tickets purchased for a now expunged game should be refunded.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024