Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1998469 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:59 - Aug 31 with 4889 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:40 - Aug 31 by James1980

Any black armbands worn today to mourn 'the old girl'?

Perhaps on the 18th and 85th minute at every efl game the crowds could have bowed their heads' or even turned their backs'.

No, no and no.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:04 - Aug 31 with 4864 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:59 - Aug 31 by TVOS1907

No, no and no.

What’s this bURY club everyone keeps mentioning, I have spent ages looking at league tables and results and cannot find them anywhere

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:06 - Aug 31 with 4850 viewsAlan_ADale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:04 - Aug 31 by Thacks_Rabbits

What’s this bURY club everyone keeps mentioning, I have spent ages looking at league tables and results and cannot find them anywhere

who the ffffin hell are bury
and the Dale keep marching on and on and on and on and on
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:33 - Aug 31 with 4749 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:50 - Aug 31 by kel

Football focus today was mildly amusing.

One flag at Gigg Lane proudly stated - “bury fc form 1885 till 2019”

And another belter.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:59 - Aug 31 with 4682 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:33 - Aug 31 by kel

And another belter.

How does the story of the Pheonix go?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:03 - Aug 31 with 4662 viewsroccydaleian

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:59 - Aug 31 by James1980

How does the story of the Pheonix go?

It rose from a frie.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:12 - Aug 31 with 4611 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:03 - Aug 31 by roccydaleian

It rose from a frie.

Form*
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:05 - Aug 31 with 4468 viewspnc4eva1

The tread into Capital Bridge Finance on beardy board shows that people have awoken to wharf was happening

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:46 - Aug 31 with 4288 viewsmacro

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:40 - Aug 31 by James1980

Any black armbands worn today to mourn 'the old girl'?

Perhaps on the 18th and 85th minute at every efl game the crowds could have bowed their heads' or even turned their backs'.

Not a mention of bury from either sides or any applause in the 27th minute
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:15 - Sep 1 with 4249 viewsrochdale_ranger

I’m predicting that by the end of next week this thread, all media attention, all the pisstakers on twitter and talkshite radio will cease and nobody apart from a few voices on the Beardy board will actually ever care about the institution known as Bury Football Club anymore. I’m also predicting that there will be no Phoenix club.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:47 - Sep 1 with 4187 viewsFrog

Dale now saying their expulsion from the league is only for 1 season, the guy is a total tool.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 01:17 - Sep 1 with 4141 viewskiwidale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:47 - Sep 1 by Frog

Dale now saying their expulsion from the league is only for 1 season, the guy is a total tool.

Expulsion sounds pretty final to me.

noun
the action of forcing someone to leave an organization.
"his expulsion from the union"
synonyms: removal, debarment, dismissal, exclusion, discharge, ejection, rejection, blackballing, blacklisting; More
the action or process of forcing someone to leave a place.
"the expulsion of two diplomats from the embassy"
the action of forcing something out of the body.

synonyms: discharge, ejection, excretion, voiding, voidance, evacuation, ejaculation, disgorgement, elimination, emptying out, passing, draining
"the expulsion of bodily wastes"

Them synonyms sounds mostly like shit to me and as for ejaculation! well there has been a bit of that on this thread since Bury got thrown out.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 1:30]

This is not the time for bickering.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:21 - Sep 1 with 3680 viewsSandyman

And James Frith still moans on and on and on and finds yet another "credible bidder".
Electioneering at its worst.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49542380
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:58 - Sep 1 with 3589 viewsforeverhopefulDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:21 - Sep 1 by Sandyman

And James Frith still moans on and on and on and finds yet another "credible bidder".
Electioneering at its worst.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49542380

Really hope our Club doesn’t support such a move, if there is a vote of member clubs, to let them into League Two. No serious business people would consider taking over Bury, unless they literally more money than sense. It would be based on sentiment rather than genuine business reasons.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 15:34]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:04 - Sep 1 with 3560 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:58 - Sep 1 by foreverhopefulDale

Really hope our Club doesn’t support such a move, if there is a vote of member clubs, to let them into League Two. No serious business people would consider taking over Bury, unless they literally more money than sense. It would be based on sentiment rather than genuine business reasons.

In fairness you would not need much money to have more money than sense in bURY

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:10 - Sep 1 with 3542 viewsSuddenLad

There should be no concessions. Bury were properly expelled for perfectly sound reasons and in accordance with the EFL rules, regardless of what they say. This is all becoming embarrassing as they and their MP, persistently choose to ignore the facts and the clubs' recent financial history.

They need reminding what it was that got them expelled, instead of all this 'woe is me' crap.

Bankrupt cheats. Simple as that.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:27 - Sep 1 with 3473 viewsBartRowou

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:10 - Sep 1 by SuddenLad

There should be no concessions. Bury were properly expelled for perfectly sound reasons and in accordance with the EFL rules, regardless of what they say. This is all becoming embarrassing as they and their MP, persistently choose to ignore the facts and the clubs' recent financial history.

They need reminding what it was that got them expelled, instead of all this 'woe is me' crap.

Bankrupt cheats. Simple as that.

They're probably going all out for a league 2 place in the hope that the EFL compromise on a sixth tier place (the one Stockport were in last year).

The rest of it though - the ground/the debts/the car park spaces/the academy/the CVA/the mortgage/training facilities - where on Earth do you begin with all that?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:34 - Sep 1 with 3362 viewsRespectTheChemistry

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:19 - Aug 31 by 49thseason

Seems to me there are a number of very simple steps the EFL need to take:
1. points deduction for late publication of annual accounts
2. Fit and proper test to be extended to include previous business exploits, financial probity, other business connections and a "probationary period" of 12 months to allow further investigations.
3. I'm not sure wage caps etc are helpful, as they tend to restrict less wealthy clubs ability to sign a single "star" player.
4. Establishment of shareholders "trusts" with a dedicated seat on the board would be a better solution to many problems.

I think what Bury fans need to accept and what the football world needs to address is that there probably wasn't really much more the EFL could have done given the powers it currently has and there needs to be a serious reappraisal of football governance and the EFL's powers to intervene. Even if the Bury fans had been protesting at every home game and petitioning the EFL (which I don't disagree they should have been doing) one need only look at the situation with Blackpool FC and the Oystons where it was only once the Latvian businessman with a substantial financial interest in the club took legal action that matters were brought to a conclusion.

Perhaps the EFL should have the power to refer a club to an independent tribunal panel in cases of serious concern regarding the running and/or finances of a club. In that way, concerned fans could petition the EFL to take action.

Also, the 'Fit And Proper Person' test should possibly be an ongoing assessment by the EFL. I agree there should be a probationary period as a minimum.

These and the other points you raise need to be discussed and considered by the League and Chairmen.

Given the flimsiness of the Financial Fair Play regulations, perhaps we shouldn't hold out too much hope but action is urgently needed.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:09 - Sep 1 with 3277 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:58 - Sep 1 by foreverhopefulDale

How do bury envisage this vote working?

”Do you mind letting bury back into League 2?”

Reelection was scrapped a long time ago. There are no reelection provisions in the EFL’s rules.

I think we would vote against, as would Mansfield, as would a lot of others.

Equally, there is no appeal process to expulsion.

Let us see how many protest at Gigg on a cold December Saturday.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:40 - Sep 1 with 3138 viewstpad75

I've seen another argument being the EFL should of stepped in years ago.
You know that time when championship players were signing for the mighty shakers, because it now is blatantly obvious something wasn't right 🤔.

But to have that power the 72 member clubs would need to agree.
How many owners would vote to let them micro manage their clubs finances and be able to remove them if things didn't add up.
I'll go with a ball park figure of 0
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:00 - Sep 1 with 3068 viewsmikehunt

And what happens to a club should a fair and proper test reveal a ne'er do well?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:16 - Sep 1 with 3023 viewsRAFCBLUE

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/sep/01/are-bury-fc-dead-or-will-they-r

Nice touch by OAFC.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:23 - Sep 1 with 2985 viewsJames1980

Colin Murray's comments last night were quite poignant.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:38 - Sep 1 with 2942 viewsdogboy

Im would
agine that we were in a similar situation 'Poor Old dale going out of extinction' could we imagine the media coverage can imagine lazy coverq

Imagine the media coverage if we were in the same situation' Poor old Rochdale Who gives a Flying ****
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:50 - Sep 1 with 2885 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:38 - Sep 1 by dogboy

Im would
agine that we were in a similar situation 'Poor Old dale going out of extinction' could we imagine the media coverage can imagine lazy coverq

Imagine the media coverage if we were in the same situation' Poor old Rochdale Who gives a Flying ****

Tazzy your not allowed on the internet ffs!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024