Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1998345 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:13 - Sep 3 with 3414 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:04 - Sep 3 by Sandyman

"My budget is in the bottom four of this league and that is a fact," Flitcroft told BBC Radio Manchester.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34699925

Short memory Flicker.

Unfortunately, his legacy will be of someone who fitted right in with the Bury way of doing things.

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2015/december/flitcroft-players-come-for-the-ambit

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:19 - Sep 3 with 3381 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:06 - Sep 3 by sweetcorn

I respect YOU’RE opinion. YOUR right

I bow down to YOU’RE wisdom. Mong

Sweetcorn, you do this every now and again, come on and slag whoever off and say the usual stuff such as “if you don’t like my views don’t read them or ignore me”.

I have argued against your views before, sure your entitled to them, but your first line of defence is generally abuse. The other issue, as stated by people who get up votes, is bURY is far from a financial pot of gold, I believe they still owe us ticket money, policing and steward costs for home games make gate receipts almost irrelevant in the greater scheme of things, they have also damaged seats and toilets etc. If I remember rightly, which brings a cost!

Have an opinion and discuss it, but don’t be shocked when your track record on here overtakes you. As a wise person once said, “don’t let your crocodile mouth overtake your hamsters brain”

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:21 - Sep 3 with 3369 viewssweetcorn

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:19 - Sep 3 by Thacks_Rabbits

Sweetcorn, you do this every now and again, come on and slag whoever off and say the usual stuff such as “if you don’t like my views don’t read them or ignore me”.

I have argued against your views before, sure your entitled to them, but your first line of defence is generally abuse. The other issue, as stated by people who get up votes, is bURY is far from a financial pot of gold, I believe they still owe us ticket money, policing and steward costs for home games make gate receipts almost irrelevant in the greater scheme of things, they have also damaged seats and toilets etc. If I remember rightly, which brings a cost!

Have an opinion and discuss it, but don’t be shocked when your track record on here overtakes you. As a wise person once said, “don’t let your crocodile mouth overtake your hamsters brain”

Are you backward or just blind to seeing only what you want to see? You liked a post where someone said i’m a ‘no brainer’

I’ll leave you to decide if that counts as abuse..
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 18:29]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:32 - Sep 3 with 3303 viewssince58

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:06 - Sep 3 by sweetcorn

I respect YOU’RE opinion. YOUR right

I bow down to YOU’RE wisdom. Mong

Comes with age you;ll learn.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:33 - Sep 3 with 3282 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:21 - Sep 3 by sweetcorn

Are you backward or just blind to seeing only what you want to see? You liked a post where someone said i’m a ‘no brainer’

I’ll leave you to decide if that counts as abuse..
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 18:29]

I found that quite amusing but not particularly abusive.

The M word has been discussed before, I choose not to use it, although some do re bURY fans.

We have freedom of speech thankfully here so each to their own, I don’t know since 58 btw but I recognise your name for past attempts of “I know best” and responses to alternative opinions.

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:39 - Sep 3 with 3005 views442Dale

Looks like their meeting tonight is going well.

So predictable.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:47 - Sep 3 with 2964 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:39 - Sep 3 by 442Dale

Looks like their meeting tonight is going well.

So predictable.

Whose fault is it now ? Who are they claiming will buy the club ?? Danny Boyle ? Lisa Riley ?

Bleedin' numbnuts.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:54 - Sep 3 with 2931 viewsMoonyDale

If you have access to the Bury board go read page 7 and 8 of the thread about tonights meeting, you simply could not make this shit up....And as for drainpipe lady, she's fired off a letter to the EFL again today. Who needs Live At The Apollo when you have those comedians over there? WowWowWow....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:57 - Sep 3 with 2911 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:54 - Sep 3 by MoonyDale

If you have access to the Bury board go read page 7 and 8 of the thread about tonights meeting, you simply could not make this shit up....And as for drainpipe lady, she's fired off a letter to the EFL again today. Who needs Live At The Apollo when you have those comedians over there? WowWowWow....

They really are special, the lot of them.

And we used to call Burnley fans stupid!!!

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:09 - Sep 3 with 2844 viewsShun

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:12 - Sep 3 by judd

Recently we had the CE bemoaning the £70k or £80k revenue we would lose out on with bury going out of the league.

That would be my fear too. As DA pointed out, it would be incredibly myopic to vote for Bury’s return to the league on the basis of the revenue when they eventually manage to get themselves back into League One again (won’t be for a long, long time I imagine).

It would be far more prudent to stand by the morals that have held this club in such good stead for so long and punish those who blatantly abuse the rules time and time again. Come on Bottomley (if it’s even up to him and not the chairman), listen to the fans.

Also, a point raised by sweetcorn is one that gets brought up every so often. I don’t know how anyone can be so certain this board isn’t representative of the fanbase as a whole. I’d say it’s a fairly accurate microcosm of Spotland, actually. I wonder who some people think the posters on here are. They aren’t one group of fans who all stand together segregated from the rest of the ground - there’s a good mix of ages who are scattered in all three (home) sides of the ground. I’d say it’s pretty much impossible to get a better representation of the fanbase!
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 21:17]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:14 - Sep 3 with 2825 viewssweetcorn

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:09 - Sep 3 by Shun

That would be my fear too. As DA pointed out, it would be incredibly myopic to vote for Bury’s return to the league on the basis of the revenue when they eventually manage to get themselves back into League One again (won’t be for a long, long time I imagine).

It would be far more prudent to stand by the morals that have held this club in such good stead for so long and punish those who blatantly abuse the rules time and time again. Come on Bottomley (if it’s even up to him and not the chairman), listen to the fans.

Also, a point raised by sweetcorn is one that gets brought up every so often. I don’t know how anyone can be so certain this board isn’t representative of the fanbase as a whole. I’d say it’s a fairly accurate microcosm of Spotland, actually. I wonder who some people think the posters on here are. They aren’t one group of fans who all stand together segregated from the rest of the ground - there’s a good mix of ages who are scattered in all three (home) sides of the ground. I’d say it’s pretty much impossible to get a better representation of the fanbase!
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 21:17]

Take a look on rochdale appreciation group on facebook. Its a rather depressing place and one i often find myself shaking my head until I have a headache. However, there are more posters on there than here, the opinions on there differ quite substantially to the ones on here.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 21:15]

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:15 - Sep 3 with 2820 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:47 - Sep 3 by SuddenLad

Whose fault is it now ? Who are they claiming will buy the club ?? Danny Boyle ? Lisa Riley ?

Bleedin' numbnuts.

Forever Bury look to be doing a grand job.

Again.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:18 - Sep 3 with 2796 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:14 - Sep 3 by sweetcorn

Take a look on rochdale appreciation group on facebook. Its a rather depressing place and one i often find myself shaking my head until I have a headache. However, there are more posters on there than here, the opinions on there differ quite substantially to the ones on here.

Are there more posters?

I don't check the Facebook group, so it's a genuine question. How have you worked that out?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:25 - Sep 3 with 2758 viewsrochdale_ranger

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:19 - Sep 3 by Thacks_Rabbits

And to be fair you are one of the biggest cry babies on here your obsession with Bury is only matched by the fact that you hate pyrotechnics because some guy died at an obscure wales game over thirty years ago. Some people like the Derby day with Bury. I also enjoyed it and don’t really take things like stewarding and and policing into consideration. It’s the chance to have a good day out on the piss with my mates.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:25 - Sep 3 with 2756 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:14 - Sep 3 by sweetcorn

I would suggest, having read it, that the Rochdale AFC Appreciation page is frequented by a much younger demographic than on here.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:27 - Sep 3 with 2750 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:32 - Sep 3 by DevonDale

The EFL statement is here...

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/september/efl-statement-bury-fc/

Prior to formal consideration by any league competition of an eventual application from Bury FC to return to league football, clear evidence would be required of the Club’s financial viability and its ability to fulfil its ongoing commitments.

Back to square one. That number is still £4.2m and requires someone, anyone to pay for the secured creditors (£1.0m), the unsecured CVA (£1.6m) and the cost for the season (£1.6m).

They've confirmed bury aren't playing in 2019-20 and can only start in August 2020, 46 weeks from now.

The question for bury is can they somehow, anyhow pay their debts.

If they can't answer yes, the question ends.

If I'm being charitable and they are let in - they're starting on minus 12 for next season in any event, plus a penalty for the fixtures not fulfiled.

Rules are rules. Both in the EFL and in corporate life.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:37 - Sep 3 with 2688 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:25 - Sep 3 by rochdale_ranger

And to be fair you are one of the biggest cry babies on here your obsession with Bury is only matched by the fact that you hate pyrotechnics because some guy died at an obscure wales game over thirty years ago. Some people like the Derby day with Bury. I also enjoyed it and don’t really take things like stewarding and and policing into consideration. It’s the chance to have a good day out on the piss with my mates.

Says it all really.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:42 - Sep 3 with 2651 viewsMoonyDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:27 - Sep 3 by RAFCBLUE

Prior to formal consideration by any league competition of an eventual application from Bury FC to return to league football, clear evidence would be required of the Club’s financial viability and its ability to fulfil its ongoing commitments.

Back to square one. That number is still £4.2m and requires someone, anyone to pay for the secured creditors (£1.0m), the unsecured CVA (£1.6m) and the cost for the season (£1.6m).

They've confirmed bury aren't playing in 2019-20 and can only start in August 2020, 46 weeks from now.

The question for bury is can they somehow, anyhow pay their debts.

If they can't answer yes, the question ends.

If I'm being charitable and they are let in - they're starting on minus 12 for next season in any event, plus a penalty for the fixtures not fulfiled.

Rules are rules. Both in the EFL and in corporate life.

How long would it be before one of them started bitching about starting in L2 with a 12 point deduction? Noooooo you can't give us 12 points deduction in L2 as they were already given whilst we were a L1 club......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:53 - Sep 3 with 2606 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:42 - Sep 3 by MoonyDale

How long would it be before one of them started bitching about starting in L2 with a 12 point deduction? Noooooo you can't give us 12 points deduction in L2 as they were already given whilst we were a L1 club......

There is no precedent for a Club to enter the EFL directly through an application for admission or readmission following withdrawal of membership.

That line is the crux. Direct promotion and relegation has been a staple part of football since 1986-87.

What bury are suggesting is that rules, that have been around for more than 20 years, are ignored.

That's typical bury behaviour. Don't follow the rules, don't pay their bills and expect separate favourable treatment.

They'll be starting outside the Football League. How low they start depends on how humble and contrite buying out Steve Dale and move quietly on in the next 26 weeks.

I can imagine AFC Wimbledon being asked having been shafted by MK Dons and being made to start right at the bottom.

They were a test case - they started at the bottom when they reformed.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:56 - Sep 3 with 2589 viewssweetcorn

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:18 - Sep 3 by D_Alien

Are there more posters?

I don't check the Facebook group, so it's a genuine question. How have you worked that out?

It has 1,800 members and a lot of new posts by different people every day.

I’d say this place has between 50-100 members who contribute semi regularly?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:57 - Sep 3 with 2587 viewssweetcorn

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:25 - Sep 3 by TVOS1907

I would suggest, having read it, that the Rochdale AFC Appreciation page is frequented by a much younger demographic than on here.

Then surely that strengthens my point?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:06 - Sep 3 with 2538 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:57 - Sep 3 by sweetcorn

Then surely that strengthens my point?

It doesn't strengthen it or weaken it.

You would have to take a fairly large sample size across different age ranges and gender to come up with any valid conclusions.

Also, there will be a lot of fans who have opinions and read the various forums, but don't post.

I reckon the over-riding feeling from here, Facebook and Twitter is that most Dale fans are glad they have gone, but it's only a gut feeling rather than anything scientific.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:06 - Sep 3 with 2535 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:56 - Sep 3 by sweetcorn

It has 1,800 members and a lot of new posts by different people every day.

I’d say this place has between 50-100 members who contribute semi regularly?

I've just had a quick gander at the stats on Facebook

It says 12 new posts today, 372 in the past 30 days

I'd suggest that's very significantly less than the stats on here

There may be more new posters, but that'd mean much less well-formed and expressed opinions over a period of time that i'd take to be more meaningful
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 22:23]

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:08 - Sep 3 with 2525 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:06 - Sep 3 by D_Alien

I've just had a quick gander at the stats on Facebook

It says 12 new posts today, 372 in the past 30 days

I'd suggest that's very significantly less than the stats on here

There may be more new posters, but that'd mean much less well-formed and expressed opinions over a period of time that i'd take to be more meaningful
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 22:23]

Did you goose-step over there?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:12 - Sep 3 with 2515 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:08 - Sep 3 by TVOS1907

Did you goose-step over there?

Yes, it looked like a fowl forum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024