Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1998079 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:54 - Sep 4 with 4245 viewsSandyman

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:36 - Sep 4 by RAFCBLUE

What is amazing in that tweet is Kidd states in 6 years at bury, it had 25 players from its youth set-up, and £2.5m in transfer fees.

When you consider the level and scale of financial mismanagement, you have to ask yourself where that money has gone?

Those transfer fees would have been cash; mainly upfront.

On top of £16m of debts they've actually had all that cash.

At circa £500k per year that would pay for 6 decent players if they ran themselves properly. Not that they will.

We should snap Ryan Kidd and Mark Litherland up and add them to one of the best academies outside of the Premier League. It's one of our core strengths and we could give them a stable income, a good platform and a stable future.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 21:42]

They are from bury.

Can you really believe the self-aggrandizing financial figures they spout?

On past form from that club, I wouldn't.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 01:46 - Sep 5 with 4143 viewskiwidale

Whatever the fate of Bury will be of their own doing they have cheated and prospered at others expense therefore they deserve all they get. However on another thread RooleyMoorBlue mentioned four generations of his family together at a Rochdale game. RooleyMoorBlue will be a 5th generation and if he has any children who support Dale that will be 6 generations of one family represented on this forum that have supported Rochdale stretching back from the late 19th century to today. That puts into context what I have been trying to say, a football club is more than the club itself or its owners players or staff, its about people families and friends, this town and the club is what we are. It's been almost 42 years since I last set foot in the town yet its still my town and its my club the Bury lot are no different they have my sympathy.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2019 1:54]

This is not the time for bickering.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 02:09 - Sep 5 with 4123 viewskiwidale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 04:31 - Sep 4 by kiwidale

Is this going to be the first post to go virus? 905342 hits so far. Considering there is only about 50 of us who post regular on here several of you must be on well over 50 thousand hits.

#Bury obsessed.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 4:48]

Almost 600 hits in the last 24 hrs... its trending.

This is not the time for bickering.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 06:47 - Sep 5 with 4025 viewsDaley_Lama

Are Bury any closer to finding a buyer yet?

The last I knew the EFL were being slaughtered from all sides for not accepting an after final cut off Brazilian buy out that had 6M in the bank.

Has that fallen through?
Is the crowdfunding a replacement buy out bid?
Is there someone else waiting in the wings to buy them?

Poll: DF in or out

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:31 - Sep 5 with 3953 viewselectricblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:49 - Sep 4 by leedsdale

Don’t think this has been posted before, but apologies if it has.

https://t.co/7DpGks9cy5

Looks like the pension pots of the bury staff aren’t as full as they should be

Reading that article it is a disgrace.....

This smacks of fraud in itself and needs to be seriously looked into....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:53 - Sep 5 with 3845 viewsAlexF

As a summary update for anyone new to this thread:
- the hardline supporters group Forever Bury have got their heads together with local politicians to pressurise EFL to reconsider the club’s expulsion with threats of politics and lawsuits. They would like the club re-instated next season in league 2.
- EFL being the spineless disorganised bunch they are, have gone all wobbly and said they will consult the other clubs about it
- bear in mind that, had bury started the season with a 12 point deduction and no players, they were going to league 2 anyway.

Meanwhile, the bizzies have kicked off a fraud investigation and now someone has noticed anomalies with the pension fund. 😂😭

I pay for entertainment less good than this 😂
[Post edited 5 Sep 2019 8:56]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:58 - Sep 5 with 3830 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:54 - Sep 4 by Sandyman

They are from bury.

Can you really believe the self-aggrandizing financial figures they spout?

On past form from that club, I wouldn't.

I can actually.

I tried to make a list of all the youth players bury had sold up the pyramid since the arrival of Super Kevin Blackwell under Stewart Day.

I got to 14, £100k per player (based on what we got for Connor Ronan from Wolves).

It's not preposterous and not all of it would be in the public domain. It's a staggering sum of true.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:04 - Sep 5 with 3811 viewsfermin

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:49 - Sep 4 by leedsdale

Don’t think this has been posted before, but apologies if it has.

https://t.co/7DpGks9cy5

Looks like the pension pots of the bury staff aren’t as full as they should be

I am a bit surprised the scheme trustees/manager didn't report Bury to the Pensions Regulator in accordance with the relevant code of practice:

https://www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk/en/document-library/codes-of-practice/co

https://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/pension-problems/pension-security/pay

The scheme managers should then have reported this to the scheme members affected within 30 days.

If I were one of the Bury staff I would be asking the scheme manager what their monitoring procedures are or were and whether they reported Bury to the Regulator. Worth contacting TPAS as well to get some expert advice.

I guess Bury are using a provider which has lots of other participating employers in which case it is almost certainly applying to be a Master Trust or is one already. The Regulator is extremely keen on knowing the minutiae of scheme's procedures as part of the Master Trust application process. Monitoring, receiving and investing contributions is one of the fundamental procedures!
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:58 - Sep 5 with 3711 viewsdownunder

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:33 - Sep 4 by TVOS1907

It's currently up to £1,812, so 0.1812% of the way there.

I'm sure they can do it.

Almost enough to pay the Charity organisation they ripped off.
If they (one of the multi schemes for funding) paid that, it would generate real positive publicity for the fans cause.

I will not be holding my breath for that to happen, but you never know..
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:06 - Sep 5 with 3696 viewsSuddenLad

The 'anomalies' with employees pension funds was mentioned some time ago, before SD2 was at the helm. It was almost brushed under the carpet at the time, with verbal assurances that things would be 'corrected' now that they had been highlighted. That clearly never happened and funds were seemingly diverted elsewhere, as was insinuated at the time.

There must be enough work for the various financial regulators and fraud squad detectives to keep them in work for years.

Keep digging. The whole BFC empire is rotten to the core.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:15 - Sep 5 with 3670 viewsCleedale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 06:47 - Sep 5 by Daley_Lama

Are Bury any closer to finding a buyer yet?

The last I knew the EFL were being slaughtered from all sides for not accepting an after final cut off Brazilian buy out that had 6M in the bank.

Has that fallen through?
Is the crowdfunding a replacement buy out bid?
Is there someone else waiting in the wings to buy them?

Think that regardless of any potential vote from EFL clubs, and presumably their Boards, they would STILL have to show financial viability/sustainability by the Sept 26th? deadline.

Considering the number of financial takeovers that have already lapsed, (extension after extension), it would appear highly unlikely that anything (considering the huge magnitude of debts and problems) could possibly materialise in 3 weeks - so many smoke-screens and last-minute buyers; really?

Even if the above did happen I guess that only then would there be said vote.

I read that a Jon Newby has allegedly been quoted on Twitter as saying that 80% would 'presently' not overturn the EFL's original decision. How that figure's been reached...well?

Also, guess that this is a 'very last chance' to allow the EFL legroom as they can then say they did all they could - not just for the football club but for the wider community of the town and it's supporters.

I wonder how many of the wider community businesses that are still owed money are gnashing molar teeth together in the meantime? Temporarily this all seems to be almost forgotten...the real problem!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:44 - Sep 5 with 3406 viewsNewtonDale

I heard this on BBC Radio Manchester this morning and nearly spat my coffee out!

Bury FC: Mental health support offered to club's suffering fans

The article is on the BBC Football website
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:31 - Sep 5 with 3298 viewsJames1980

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/36197-a-plea-to-other-fans-and-clubs/

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:41 - Sep 5 with 3263 viewsSuddenLad

A strapline has just appeared on Sky News saying that a debate will take place in the House of Commons in autumn, regarding the situation at Bury, with the role of the EFL and FA and the issue of 'safeguarding' a key focus. Whether they could/should have acted sooner, seems to be the issue and what the future of the club is.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:43 - Sep 5 with 3254 views1907

“Tbh, having looked at various football forums/Facebook pages it looks like a lot of fans of other clubs think it is "unfair" if we are allowed to rejoin L2. The theme seems to be that we "cheated" our way to prmotion ahead of Mansfield (yes, We all know that is nonsense) and that it would mean that two teams are relegated from L2 (which again, is the norm anyway).”

Deluded.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:43 - Sep 5 with 3250 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:41 - Sep 5 by SuddenLad

A strapline has just appeared on Sky News saying that a debate will take place in the House of Commons in autumn, regarding the situation at Bury, with the role of the EFL and FA and the issue of 'safeguarding' a key focus. Whether they could/should have acted sooner, seems to be the issue and what the future of the club is.

Discussing bury in that den of iniquity seems appropriate. There'll be fook all decisions made.

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:51 - Sep 5 with 3215 viewsboromat

If Bury do get reinstated into LG2 they should at a minimum start with the 12 point deduction.

I'm shocked this whole thing is still going on it should be done and dusted.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:56 - Sep 5 with 3200 viewsheywooddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:43 - Sep 5 by 1907

“Tbh, having looked at various football forums/Facebook pages it looks like a lot of fans of other clubs think it is "unfair" if we are allowed to rejoin L2. The theme seems to be that we "cheated" our way to prmotion ahead of Mansfield (yes, We all know that is nonsense) and that it would mean that two teams are relegated from L2 (which again, is the norm anyway).”

Deluded.

Ahhhh I do love the old "we weren't cheating last season because we had to let some of the players we couldn't afford while still keeping other player we couldn't afford and signing more players we still couldn't afford" defence. It's a good one!

That combined with the old chestnut of it's not proper cheating cos we didn't get anything out of it.........a bad cheat is still a cheat i'm afraid.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:43 - Sep 5 with 3096 viewsAlexF

So the country faces an unprecedented constitutional and political crisis, and that muppet Frith wants to take up their time to talk about buried fc, the comedy value grows and grows...
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:48 - Sep 5 with 3081 viewsheywooddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:31 - Sep 5 by James1980

I can't be certain but i think i've spotted a mole on that thread.
I response to the claim that Bury didn't cheat cos Lowe said they shaved a million off the wage bill (Lowe has claimed a lot of things though...mostly other peoples goals)

"From what to what though?

4 million to 3 million? When the average for the division is closer to 2 million will raise eyebrows. The general theme is overspending to attract higher caliber players what with Carrington and wages offered of £7k per week. Chaos theory something that is viewed as small can have catastrophic consequences further down the line. It would be nice just to know and get the whole sorry saga to bed. Whilst Dale is still sniffing around it’s all irrelevant anyway. "

That isn't usual Bury fan logic, that sounds far too much like someone accepting accountability.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:40 - Sep 5 with 2961 viewsjudd

It's actually an enquiry by a committee, as opposed to a chamber debate:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/damian-coll

More wasted public funds.

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:52 - Sep 5 with 2932 viewsEllDale

Plenty of time before the committee convenes for more stuff to come out into the open and cause severe embarrassment to all Bury fans clamouring for one thing or another.
And show up Mr Frith at the same time.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:55 - Sep 5 with 2926 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:15 - Sep 5 by Cleedale

Think that regardless of any potential vote from EFL clubs, and presumably their Boards, they would STILL have to show financial viability/sustainability by the Sept 26th? deadline.

Considering the number of financial takeovers that have already lapsed, (extension after extension), it would appear highly unlikely that anything (considering the huge magnitude of debts and problems) could possibly materialise in 3 weeks - so many smoke-screens and last-minute buyers; really?

Even if the above did happen I guess that only then would there be said vote.

I read that a Jon Newby has allegedly been quoted on Twitter as saying that 80% would 'presently' not overturn the EFL's original decision. How that figure's been reached...well?

Also, guess that this is a 'very last chance' to allow the EFL legroom as they can then say they did all they could - not just for the football club but for the wider community of the town and it's supporters.

I wonder how many of the wider community businesses that are still owed money are gnashing molar teeth together in the meantime? Temporarily this all seems to be almost forgotten...the real problem!

it does seem like the bigger issues are being missed.

I suspect that is because the answers are not palatable to the fans.

They know!!

Milky bars have made them sick and Obese and now they want to blame others for there own greed and deluded ambition.

Lots more to come out nothing more certain.

the EFL have been incredibly weak in the last 10 days with contradicting statement following on one after the other.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:20 - Sep 5 with 2857 viewswindowsbug

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:51 - Sep 5 by boromat

If Bury do get reinstated into LG2 they should at a minimum start with the 12 point deduction.

I'm shocked this whole thing is still going on it should be done and dusted.

12?
More like 50
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:02 - Sep 5 with 2763 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:31 - Sep 5 by James1980

<<We know that we have caused upset to other clubs chairmen in the past few years by paying high wages, but we don’t want that any more.

Amendment suggestion -

'This was something many of us did not want and was done against the wishes and amidst complaints of a good number of Bury fans.' >>

... although we still cheered all the goals scored and points won even though it was achieved by recruiting players against our wishes.

nb. They do know but don’t steal gimmicks.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024