Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1998071 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:59 - Oct 16 with 6052 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:56 - Oct 16 by KenBoon

Four glorious years ago. Quick fact: Amazon Alexa wasn't available in the UK when this thread was created. So just like today, "Alexa, what score's the bury game?" wouldn't work (unless you was with someone called Alexa who knew Football scores).

How many people do that at games now when they see their mates checking the scores?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:51 - Oct 18 with 5242 viewsRAFCBLUE

All beginning to come out now:

http://data.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/committeeevidence.svc/evidencedocument

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:06 - Oct 18 with 5224 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:51 - Oct 18 by RAFCBLUE

http://data.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/committeeevidence.svc/evidencedocument

By its apparent negligence in such matters, the FA is brought into disrepute. If this is followed up correctly, it should require the FA to look upon any application by bury fc to enter its league competition in 2020/21 with caution, and without any favour in terms of entry into its higher tiers

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:27 - Oct 18 with 5208 views442Dale

Surely this can’t be right? We’ve been told over and over that last srason’s promotion was achieved against the odds by a squad put together without over-spending and that their success was certainly fair and somewhat remarkable.

Even Ryan Lowe told us things like this. In fact, that’s why their fans were well within their rights to celebrate a promotion by such a special group assembled despite all the limitations that comes with running a club within a small budget. Nicky Maynard being signed? Mere details. They were winning football matches with a squad earning so very little it was not even worth mentioning and that’s why they deserved all that glory at Tranmere.

Right?

Right?

Oh.

And that’s why we are where we are. Of course, they know.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:36 - Oct 18 with 5195 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:27 - Oct 18 by 442Dale

Surely this can’t be right? We’ve been told over and over that last srason’s promotion was achieved against the odds by a squad put together without over-spending and that their success was certainly fair and somewhat remarkable.

Even Ryan Lowe told us things like this. In fact, that’s why their fans were well within their rights to celebrate a promotion by such a special group assembled despite all the limitations that comes with running a club within a small budget. Nicky Maynard being signed? Mere details. They were winning football matches with a squad earning so very little it was not even worth mentioning and that’s why they deserved all that glory at Tranmere.

Right?

Right?

Oh.

And that’s why we are where we are. Of course, they know.

Where's the video celebrating that great season and night at Prenton Park?

Hold my champagne...

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:18 - Oct 19 with 4950 viewsSandyman

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:06 - Oct 18 by D_Alien

By its apparent negligence in such matters, the FA is brought into disrepute. If this is followed up correctly, it should require the FA to look upon any application by bury fc to enter its league competition in 2020/21 with caution, and without any favour in terms of entry into its higher tiers

Absolutely.
"The key issue here is that the FA were on notice — from December 2018 through to April 2019 — that Bury FC were in wilful defiance of their contractual obligations to another participant, and wilful defiance of the FA rules themselves. They also entirely ignored the FA arbitration process. What did the FA do about that? Absolutely nothing, and indeed sided with Bury FC when we requested that they be charged. "
You could almost suggest bury and the FA were partners in rule-breaking on reading that statement. Detailed scrutiny will indeed be needed to see if the FA are "sided" to give improper preferential treatment to any form of "bury" that applies or re-applies for future league membership. This statement suggests there is "form" for favouritism between the two.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:38 - Oct 19 with 4915 viewselectricblue

That is shocking to read about an organisation that cannot abide by its own regulations.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:05 - Oct 19 with 4775 viewsSalegraham

The bURY training ground signs have come down at Carrington, at last city have got on with their threat to end it !!
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:19 - Oct 19 with 4701 views49thseason

Sorry wrong thread
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 15:19]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:30 - Oct 20 with 4344 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:38 - Oct 19 by electricblue

That is shocking to read about an organisation that cannot abide by its own regulations.....

https://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/digi

This is the whole list of evidence - just 15 written pieces coming from mainly bury fans but with representations from the EFL and the Premier League.

More interestingly there are 5 pieces in the referencing not published - likely deemed irrelevant or just plain abusive, so not being considered.

My favourite of all of them is BFC004 - by Neil Coupe a bury fan.

Some absolute gems

It has faced financial crises throughout its 134 year existence. A fire sale of players has been necessary on several occasions to safeguard the Club’s future such as in 1965, 1991 and 1999. The Club also fell into administration in 2002, an administration which was subsequently renegotiated a few years later. The Club was again facing financial ruin in 2013, which was when the Club was sold to Stewart Day, At the time of sale, the club’s gross creditors were around £1.6m (including trade creditors VAT etc) and the loss for the season was in the region of £700k. The Board of Directors were not in a position to fund the on-going losses.

It is dangerous to regard the small but loyal band of Bury supporters as a totally homogeneous group.

and:

My observation is that the majority of football supporters value ‘ambition’ over financial prudence. There are some clubs, such as Accrington Stanley and Burton Albion, which, in my view, openly educate the supporters on the long-term desirability for financial prudence

In fact, in all of that evidence which refers to some well run lower division clubs, I can't find one reference to Rochdale.

Even in their darkest hours, before the scrutiny of politicians, there's not even a grudging acceptance that little old Rochdale might have been right.

I do hope that the FA accept the findings here as reported by Dan Chapman that they turned a blind eye to (another) previously unreported wrongdoing in last season and make them start in level 11.

Some might see that as schadenfreude. bury fans might think that
schadenfreude is a new German midfielder from their international scouting network!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:39 - Oct 20 with 4301 viewskel

“It is dangerous to regard the small but loyal band of Bury supporters as a totally homogeneous group.”

They are when it comes to Rochdale. Bitter until the very end.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:47 - Oct 20 with 4272 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:39 - Oct 20 by kel

“It is dangerous to regard the small but loyal band of Bury supporters as a totally homogeneous group.”

They are when it comes to Rochdale. Bitter until the very end.

They did split into two, kel.

Those who threw batteries and those who threw golf balls.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2019 10:48]

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:51 - Oct 20 with 4253 viewsMorden

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:30 - Oct 20 by RAFCBLUE

https://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/digi

This is the whole list of evidence - just 15 written pieces coming from mainly bury fans but with representations from the EFL and the Premier League.

More interestingly there are 5 pieces in the referencing not published - likely deemed irrelevant or just plain abusive, so not being considered.

My favourite of all of them is BFC004 - by Neil Coupe a bury fan.

Some absolute gems

It has faced financial crises throughout its 134 year existence. A fire sale of players has been necessary on several occasions to safeguard the Club’s future such as in 1965, 1991 and 1999. The Club also fell into administration in 2002, an administration which was subsequently renegotiated a few years later. The Club was again facing financial ruin in 2013, which was when the Club was sold to Stewart Day, At the time of sale, the club’s gross creditors were around £1.6m (including trade creditors VAT etc) and the loss for the season was in the region of £700k. The Board of Directors were not in a position to fund the on-going losses.

It is dangerous to regard the small but loyal band of Bury supporters as a totally homogeneous group.

and:

My observation is that the majority of football supporters value ‘ambition’ over financial prudence. There are some clubs, such as Accrington Stanley and Burton Albion, which, in my view, openly educate the supporters on the long-term desirability for financial prudence

In fact, in all of that evidence which refers to some well run lower division clubs, I can't find one reference to Rochdale.

Even in their darkest hours, before the scrutiny of politicians, there's not even a grudging acceptance that little old Rochdale might have been right.

I do hope that the FA accept the findings here as reported by Dan Chapman that they turned a blind eye to (another) previously unreported wrongdoing in last season and make them start in level 11.

Some might see that as schadenfreude. bury fans might think that
schadenfreude is a new German midfielder from their international scouting network!

I have to say: if I was a Bury fan referencing well-run lower league clubs, I probably wouldn't include a team whose supporters have been shouting "Why didn't you listen to us" at every opportunity and jumping up and down on the sidelines, cheering on their impending demise
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:52 - Oct 20 with 4239 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:51 - Oct 20 by Morden

I have to say: if I was a Bury fan referencing well-run lower league clubs, I probably wouldn't include a team whose supporters have been shouting "Why didn't you listen to us" at every opportunity and jumping up and down on the sidelines, cheering on their impending demise

They might not have needed to even write it if they’d actually listened.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:54 - Oct 20 with 4231 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:51 - Oct 20 by Morden

Still well run though.

In the Neil Coupe piece I thought it was deeply ironic that there was a reference to Accrington Stanley.

From Wikipedia re Accrington Stanley

On 12 February 1962, Edwin Slinger, the chairman, resigned and revealed that Stanley owed up to £4,000 in unpaid transfer fees and a similar sum to the Inland Revenue. Pilkington, as life vice-president, brought in Bob Lord, who persuaded the rest of the board to resign by promising to buy shares, despite his chairmanship of the nearby Burnley Football Club and, at a creditors' meeting shortly afterwards, further unsecured creditors were revealed. The club sent a letter of resignation to the Football League, and the resignation was accepted by Alan Hardaker, the League Secretary, on 11 March, midway through the 1961—62 season.

Now £4,000 in 1962 was a lot of money in modern day terms but the original Accrington Stanley owed clubs, HMRC and other unsecured creditors.

It sounds awfully familiar!

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:58 - Oct 20 with 4141 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:54 - Oct 20 by RAFCBLUE

Still well run though.

In the Neil Coupe piece I thought it was deeply ironic that there was a reference to Accrington Stanley.

From Wikipedia re Accrington Stanley

On 12 February 1962, Edwin Slinger, the chairman, resigned and revealed that Stanley owed up to £4,000 in unpaid transfer fees and a similar sum to the Inland Revenue. Pilkington, as life vice-president, brought in Bob Lord, who persuaded the rest of the board to resign by promising to buy shares, despite his chairmanship of the nearby Burnley Football Club and, at a creditors' meeting shortly afterwards, further unsecured creditors were revealed. The club sent a letter of resignation to the Football League, and the resignation was accepted by Alan Hardaker, the League Secretary, on 11 March, midway through the 1961—62 season.

Now £4,000 in 1962 was a lot of money in modern day terms but the original Accrington Stanley owed clubs, HMRC and other unsecured creditors.

It sounds awfully familiar!

In 20 years time there could be an advert with the strapline, Bury who are they.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:10 - Oct 20 with 4042 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:58 - Oct 20 by James1980

In 20 years time there could be an advert with the strapline, Bury who are they.

Definitely when it comes to milking it

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:21 - Oct 21 with 3639 viewsJames1980

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2019/oct/20/fca-airport-parking-scam Seems familiar

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:01 - Oct 21 with 3402 viewsTVOS1907

Copied from the bury board referencing the FA Cup draw:

"Chichester get the bye, and there reps were clearly delighted, but no mention of sympathy for us.would have been nice."

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:05 - Oct 21 with 3388 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:01 - Oct 21 by TVOS1907

"Chichester get the bye, and there reps were clearly delighted, but no mention of sympathy for us.would have been nice."

Wasn’t Chapman saying they’d been “kicked out” enough?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:14 - Oct 21 with 3362 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:05 - Oct 21 by 442Dale

Wasn’t Chapman saying they’d been “kicked out” enough?

Watched the draw in the pub and a City fan asked "What number are bury?"

"This is BBC2 pal, not the fookin History channel."

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:51 - Oct 21 with 3270 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:14 - Oct 21 by judd

Watched the draw in the pub and a City fan asked "What number are bury?"

"This is BBC2 pal, not the fookin History channel."

Rumours of the Chichester game being shown on the horror channel ….. playing the walking dead zombies in an empty stadium. Speaking of which, is that lass still chained to the lamppost and if so, is anyone taking her a black pudding or two down for her troubles?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:57 - Oct 21 with 3255 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:51 - Oct 21 by DaleiLama

Rumours of the Chichester game being shown on the horror channel ….. playing the walking dead zombies in an empty stadium. Speaking of which, is that lass still chained to the lamppost and if so, is anyone taking her a black pudding or two down for her troubles?

No idea about that, but it appears someone stole Ryan Lowe's boots and some other memorabilia at yesterday's Legends match.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:01 - Oct 21 with 3237 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:57 - Oct 21 by TVOS1907

No idea about that, but it appears someone stole Ryan Lowe's boots and some other memorabilia at yesterday's Legends match.

Bailiffs?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:17 - Oct 21 with 3199 viewsboromat

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:01 - Oct 21 by TVOS1907

The BBC post now says Chichester will donate some of the prize money to Bury FC. What a joke! Why should they feel like they have to donate to some cheats. They should take the money and do something useful for themselves.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024