Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1998464 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:48 - Jul 12 with 8319 viewsTheFatController

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:41 - Jul 10 by RAFCBLUE

Interesting move this by buryfc both for the action and the timing.

The recently (29th June) filed accounted for 2016/17 showed a company with 8.9m shares.

Now there are 9.9m in the 2018/19 season.

There is no cash benefit of doing this and the shares are worthless so why bother?

The only conclusion you can make is that to get the accounts signed off - the other side to bury’s creditor has to show a debtor which can’t be recovered in under a year has had to say its an investment.

In that case someone somewhere is sitting with bury as a cost of investment not as a debt owed to them.

Pure accounting management.

They must be in deep trouble with creditors further up the lending chain.

To get the accounts signed off is one conclusion.

Another is to meet FFP.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:17 - Jul 12 with 8198 viewsBigKindo

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:48 - Jul 12 by TheFatController

To get the accounts signed off is one conclusion.

Another is to meet FFP.

If, after the so-called due diligence, the football authorities allow ex football agents et al to take over football clubs in England then I would consider that the monitoring of Financial Fair Play is of no interest to them and, perhaps, is therefore not policed in a proper manner. The massive debts run up by some clubs, which renders them to be trading insolvently, (in itself illegal) does not appear to ring any alarm bells whatsoever so why should FFP.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2018 11:19]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:39 - Jul 13 with 7862 viewsBigDaveMyCock

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:41 - Jul 10 by RAFCBLUE

Interesting move this by buryfc both for the action and the timing.

The recently (29th June) filed accounted for 2016/17 showed a company with 8.9m shares.

Now there are 9.9m in the 2018/19 season.

There is no cash benefit of doing this and the shares are worthless so why bother?

The only conclusion you can make is that to get the accounts signed off - the other side to bury’s creditor has to show a debtor which can’t be recovered in under a year has had to say its an investment.

In that case someone somewhere is sitting with bury as a cost of investment not as a debt owed to them.

Pure accounting management.

They must be in deep trouble with creditors further up the lending chain.

Yet they have signed Jordan Archer from Chester for an undisclosed fee described as substantial by Chester. If you’re one of those pursuing payment via these CCJs you must be livid. As far as I can see, bridging finance, often used by property developers (short term high interest), is finding it’s way to Bury via Day’s companies. It’s not his money, it’s money his companies are borrowing to develop properties with Gigg as security.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:13 - Jul 13 with 7819 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Had to chuckle on the Jordan Archer Bury Forum thread. A poster said that if this exciting young hungry striker was a Keith Hill signing they would all be saying he’d unearthed another gem. Whilst it’s certainly flattering that they’re admiringly looking to us again, even a modicum of knowledge would tell them that our attempts at unearthing hidden gem forwards from non-league has been far from successful, in fact it’s probably the area that we’ve incurred most transfer losses. I won’t count Hogan in this because he’d originally played for us and we didn’t unearth him so to speak.
We lost £20k on Shaw, similar on Muldoon and are currently unlikely to get much back on the £100k we spent on Williams, a lot for a club that rarely pays transfer fees.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:57 - Jul 13 with 7765 viewsEllDale

Going back a bit further, don't forget Boardman!
I suppose Craig Dawson balances that one out though!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:57 - Jul 13 with 7631 viewsdawlishdale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:13 - Jul 13 by BigDaveMyCock

Had to chuckle on the Jordan Archer Bury Forum thread. A poster said that if this exciting young hungry striker was a Keith Hill signing they would all be saying he’d unearthed another gem. Whilst it’s certainly flattering that they’re admiringly looking to us again, even a modicum of knowledge would tell them that our attempts at unearthing hidden gem forwards from non-league has been far from successful, in fact it’s probably the area that we’ve incurred most transfer losses. I won’t count Hogan in this because he’d originally played for us and we didn’t unearth him so to speak.
We lost £20k on Shaw, similar on Muldoon and are currently unlikely to get much back on the £100k we spent on Williams, a lot for a club that rarely pays transfer fees.

Have to disagree.

Whilst it's true that we have signed plenty of lemons from local or non league football, its been the ones who have flourished with us that have kept the club going and allowed it to take the odd gamble on a Jordan Williams. we almost certainly wouldn't have signed him had it not been for the Hogan money.

Hogan has earned the club more than we have ever earned from any player. It was Dale who took a chance on him and gave him a second chance, following his release from Hyde.

Dawson has earned us the second highest amount from any player in our history, and could well yet overtake Hogan if he moves from West Brom.

I'm sure there are several other examples.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:21 - Jul 13 with 7495 viewsbatman

Lets hope Chester got their money up front.

just had notification of yet another CCJ.
Only £210.00 short of reaching £100k of outstanding CCJ's now
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:36 - Jul 13 with 7468 viewsBigDaveMyCock

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:57 - Jul 13 by dawlishdale

Have to disagree.

Whilst it's true that we have signed plenty of lemons from local or non league football, its been the ones who have flourished with us that have kept the club going and allowed it to take the odd gamble on a Jordan Williams. we almost certainly wouldn't have signed him had it not been for the Hogan money.

Hogan has earned the club more than we have ever earned from any player. It was Dale who took a chance on him and gave him a second chance, following his release from Hyde.

Dawson has earned us the second highest amount from any player in our history, and could well yet overtake Hogan if he moves from West Brom.

I'm sure there are several other examples.

The point was more in terms of if Hill had made the signing of Archer I think most of us would say ‘let’s wait and see’. He was saying Bury fans would say he’s unearthed another gem. The truth is not all are gems, only a few are.

An example of premature Bury optimism if you will.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2018 13:39]

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:38 - Jul 13 with 7457 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:36 - Jul 13 by BigDaveMyCock

The point was more in terms of if Hill had made the signing of Archer I think most of us would say ‘let’s wait and see’. He was saying Bury fans would say he’s unearthed another gem. The truth is not all are gems, only a few are.

An example of premature Bury optimism if you will.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2018 13:39]

...especially the midgets.

Can I say that?

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:44 - Jul 13 with 7440 viewsBigDaveMyCock

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:38 - Jul 13 by judd

Can I say that?

I wish I had midget thumbs, just voted you down by accident. I quite like hitchhiking though and if drivers can’t see your thumbs it looks like you’re doing the vvanker sign to them.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:04 - Jul 13 with 7323 viewsBigDaveMyCock

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:38 - Jul 13 by judd

Can I say that?

TTNyear, is he alright saying this?

I know you lot can a little (sorry) funny about that.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2018 15:23]

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:34 - Jul 13 with 7263 viewsJimmyRustler

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:13 - Jul 13 by BigDaveMyCock

I'd hardly class spending a significant amount of money on a player as 'unearthing a gem' anyway. We are/have been in the business of polishing rough diamonds and Jordan Williams aside, we are tighter than a Nun when it comes to spending the dough
[Post edited 13 Jul 2018 15:35]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:08 - Jul 13 with 7131 viewsTommy

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:21 - Jul 13 by batman

Lets hope Chester got their money up front.

just had notification of yet another CCJ.
Only £210.00 short of reaching £100k of outstanding CCJ's now

A notification about another clubs CCJ's? You must be fun at parties.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:20 - Jul 13 with 7089 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:08 - Jul 13 by Tommy

A notification about another clubs CCJ's? You must be fun at parties.

Depends who has organised them and if they actually happen.

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:08 - Jul 14 with 6807 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:39 - Jul 13 by BigDaveMyCock

Yet they have signed Jordan Archer from Chester for an undisclosed fee described as substantial by Chester. If you’re one of those pursuing payment via these CCJs you must be livid. As far as I can see, bridging finance, often used by property developers (short term high interest), is finding it’s way to Bury via Day’s companies. It’s not his money, it’s money his companies are borrowing to develop properties with Gigg as security.

That is, if there is any money BDMC.

I'd be surprised if any immediate money has been paid by bury to Chester for Jordan Archer or for Gold Omotayo.

Recruiting from National League North (Chester) and National League South (Whitehawk) is all very well but these are sixth tier clubs.

Jordan Archer scored 4 goals in 19 for Chester in the sixth tier. His strike rate is lower than Andy Morris' was here!

It tells me that bury don't have even enough money to sign a journeyman desperate to play in the league.

And if they are not careful that mix of old expensive crocks and not good enough non-leaguers will sink them out of the fourth tier and into the fifth!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:13 - Jul 23 with 6197 views100notout

I hope that season ticket holders paid via a credit card so thrycan get their money back when they go bust

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/31949-5-in-19/

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:53 - Jul 24 with 6041 viewsEllDale

Have I missed something but since when has Gigg Lane been called the Energy Check Stadium?
To be accurate it should be the Bounced Cheque Stadium?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:30 - Jul 24 with 5759 viewspnc4eva1

According to Oldham's unofficial twitter feed they've also been given another ccj and players are waiting for their wages to clear from an offshore account.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:52 - Jul 24 with 5708 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:30 - Jul 24 by pnc4eva1

According to Oldham's unofficial twitter feed they've also been given another ccj and players are waiting for their wages to clear from an offshore account.

That was the story 2 weeks ago. Methinks something amiss if that's still the case..

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:51 - Jul 26 with 5284 viewsHopwoodblue

Would anyone like to guess on what page of this thread it will be declared that bUry have finally gone into administration ?
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 11:54]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:21 - Jul 26 with 5230 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:51 - Jul 26 by Hopwoodblue

Would anyone like to guess on what page of this thread it will be declared that bUry have finally gone into administration ?

Page 79

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:26 - Jul 26 with 5085 viewsSandyman

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:30 - Jul 24 by pnc4eva1

[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 3:17]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:37 - Jul 28 with 4741 viewsTommy

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:51 - Jul 26 by Hopwoodblue

Get the Champagne out lads. This threads anniversary coming up soon.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:38 - Sep 19 with 4079 viewssmaclad1

Meanwhile, in a division far far away....

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/32195-in-a-week-of-good-news/
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:49 - Sep 19 with 4049 viewsMoonyDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:38 - Sep 19 by smaclad1

Meanwhile, in a division far far away....

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/32195-in-a-week-of-good-news/

Unless you were being paid up front why would any company do business with these clowns?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024