Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2020744 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:49 - Apr 25 with 4479 viewsKenBoon

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:42 - Apr 25 by macro

1.6M in bills due with only 180K due to come in!!!!!

It isn't the greatest of adverts for prospective buyers.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:51 - Apr 26 with 4190 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:21 - Apr 25 by 442Dale

I’m glad someone over there is big enough to admit that the game at Tranmere and any subsequent promotion is irrelevant. Far too many are still eulogising over a set of players achieving something that has been based on the fact that they’ve been signed by a club that couldn’t afford them without running up these ridiculous debts.

It’s Notts County 2010: it’s been said before, it means nothing when you’re winning football matches when situations like this exist at a club. With every victory came the attention being diverted away from the boardroom and onto the pitch, and that’s not recently, it’s gone on for years and is exactly why those in charge at Bury have been able to carry on this farce. Never ever doubt that this could have been avoided; that supporters groups could have done more, that fans could have been more consistent with their approach to the club without an expensively assembled team distracting them with goals and wins and promotions. But they know that. And it hasn’t even changed now.

Exactly this.

well said 442 - so what if they get promoted its the most hollow one since Cheaty in 2010.

Boo hoo we might not have a club...

whoo hooo we are second with players we could never afford.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:07 - Apr 26 with 4151 views1907

So similar to that Stockport team who beat us at Wembley. Underserved & unaffordable. Makes a mockery of football.

Feel sorry for whatever “genuine” club will miss out on promotion due to the blatant cheating going on down the road (for a change).
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:51 - Apr 26 with 4026 viewsTTNYear

A little bit like Stockport but over a greater period of time, and I fear with greater consequences. At least after Stockport’s over spending they had a club to support, bury are in far greater danger. This thread is testimony to the length of mismanagement and ignorance. I always wonder if this scenario would happen or develop at our club, how would we as supporters react? Would we blindly except Beckford, Bunn and Dawson type signings with the ease that bury fans on the whole have? Probably. But for me it’s the other circuses attached. BL9 weekenders, Carrington, car parks... I’m sure others can be added... are the red lights to a chairman who is at best deluded at worst a mad man. This new fella is peeing in the wind and all this crowd funding and solidarity is far too late, where was it all when some fans were saying ‘we can’t afford all this?’... being shouted down and told that Day knows what he’s doing. Contrary to the fact that they were a club similar size to us and grossly overspending, funded by daft money raisers that were flawed before they started. And that’s where we differ, I don’t think we’d blindly except crazy stuff like that. (Frig me we went mental and rightly so when we tried to have the end of season do at the town hall).Bury fans, on the whole did. That’s why there’s little sympathy not just here but across the board.

The next few months will be interesting and scary in equal amounts... one things for sure this thread will get longer. Plus they’ll be a few more links to this thread on their board to it.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 10:35]

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:10 - Apr 26 with 3978 viewskel

“Plus they’ll be a few more links to this thread on their board to it”

Indeed. Only just cleaned my keyboard so I could reply.

They can get themselves as worked up as they like about us commenting on it all but you can guarantee as sure as night follows day (snigger) that if the boot was on the other foot then they’d be all over this place like a rash. I think we’ve been quite restrained so far in the alleged mocking of them. It’s a class thing see.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:15 - Apr 26 with 3965 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:05 - Apr 25 by kel

Are their goalposts special FA Cup winner ones like the corner flags or summat?

They are the new movable goalposts.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:21 - Apr 26 with 3830 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:10 - Apr 26 by kel

“Plus they’ll be a few more links to this thread on their board to it”

Indeed. Only just cleaned my keyboard so I could reply.

They can get themselves as worked up as they like about us commenting on it all but you can guarantee as sure as night follows day (snigger) that if the boot was on the other foot then they’d be all over this place like a rash. I think we’ve been quite restrained so far in the alleged mocking of them. It’s a class thing see.

I like the line about our '400th relegation battle'.

Erm, we've been relegated three times in our 112-year history (admittedly, there might yet be a fourth), but there's nothing like hyperbole when you're struggling to put up a reasoned argument.

Best clean my keyboard now.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:01 - Apr 26 with 3745 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:21 - Apr 26 by TVOS1907

Erm, we've been relegated three times in our 112-year history (admittedly, there might yet be a fourth), but there's nothing like hyperbole when you're struggling to put up a reasoned argument.

That heap bridge character is one of the most fervent ‘bitters’ amongst them and you can guarantee that if Dale get a mention he’s always one of the first to pipe up even though we’re insignificant and that. The bribe comment made me arf though, given it was from a supporter of a club that has zero morals when it comes to finances and has been chucked out of the cup for cheating.

Edit - Got my posters mixed up, but the point stands. The guy who made the 400th relegation post is one of the strangest posters on there though. Like one of those oddballs in the pub who tries talking to everyone but who they do their best to ignore yet still cracks on with it.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 12:08]
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:16 - Apr 26 with 3704 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:21 - Apr 26 by TVOS1907

You're going to need "proof of age" to visit those kind of sites from July onwards!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:18 - Apr 26 with 3700 viewsDaley_Lama

From the statement.

‘As an example, Mr. Day brought in staff to run his failed hotel and stadium complex; of course, we don’t have that, but the staff remain - one on the second highest salary in the Club, so what do you think we should do’

Answer: Make their role and therefore job redundant. Not the hardest question to answer.

Poll: DF in or out

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:27 - Apr 26 with 3677 viewsBigDaveMyCock

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:51 - Apr 26 by TTNYear

A little bit like Stockport but over a greater period of time, and I fear with greater consequences. At least after Stockport’s over spending they had a club to support, bury are in far greater danger. This thread is testimony to the length of mismanagement and ignorance. I always wonder if this scenario would happen or develop at our club, how would we as supporters react? Would we blindly except Beckford, Bunn and Dawson type signings with the ease that bury fans on the whole have? Probably. But for me it’s the other circuses attached. BL9 weekenders, Carrington, car parks... I’m sure others can be added... are the red lights to a chairman who is at best deluded at worst a mad man. This new fella is peeing in the wind and all this crowd funding and solidarity is far too late, where was it all when some fans were saying ‘we can’t afford all this?’... being shouted down and told that Day knows what he’s doing. Contrary to the fact that they were a club similar size to us and grossly overspending, funded by daft money raisers that were flawed before they started. And that’s where we differ, I don’t think we’d blindly except crazy stuff like that. (Frig me we went mental and rightly so when we tried to have the end of season do at the town hall).Bury fans, on the whole did. That’s why there’s little sympathy not just here but across the board.

The next few months will be interesting and scary in equal amounts... one things for sure this thread will get longer. Plus they’ll be a few more links to this thread on their board to it.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 10:35]

You’re every bit as gullible, hubristic and reckless.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 12:29]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:31 - Apr 26 with 3656 viewsEllDale

They must be on good money if they're the second highest on the payroll at that club!!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:48 - Apr 26 with 3610 viewsJames1980

Just seen a thread on their message board about declining promotion to league 1.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:52 - Apr 26 with 3590 viewsParkinsGimp

Oh its so funny this , I have lost all respect and concern for bury fans, they have been giving it the large for ages . We have been standing back and observing as the voice of reason but they couldnt see it.
This is comedy gold and I'm sorry but if they go bust I will be happy since I'm sick to death of their bucket shaking and cheating.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:53 - Apr 26 with 3371 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:18 - Apr 26 by Daley_Lama

From the statement.

‘As an example, Mr. Day brought in staff to run his failed hotel and stadium complex; of course, we don’t have that, but the staff remain - one on the second highest salary in the Club, so what do you think we should do’

Answer: Make their role and therefore job redundant. Not the hardest question to answer.

Exactly!

Comedy gold that statement!

What has the hotel members of staff done for over 2 years?.

and there is loads more....

I said from day one I was only a temporary custodian, I would fight to save the Club, and I felt confident we would do well on the field, then I would pass it on to a future younger custodian.

Ha ha ha - Temporary?? 4 months is temporary alright.

Running for the hills more like!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:04 - Apr 26 with 3348 viewsBigKindo

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:48 - Apr 26 by James1980

Just seen a thread on their message board about declining promotion to league 1.

Perhaps they don't fancy playing Bolton?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:07 - Apr 26 with 3338 viewsdeeplishblue

Crowd funding is the new bucket shaking.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:43 - Apr 26 with 3246 viewsColDale

It would be easy to pass the statement as a bit of comedy but I think its far more clever than that. The headlines are the ground and social club are owned by a 3rd party due to the mortgages on them, and the club have a mere fraction of what is required to see them through the next month.

These aren't the actions of a man who wants the club to survive the HMRC action. He wants out and the best way of doing so is to see the club go to the wall. He's not even really actively seeking a buyer as he says there are already interested parties. If

The HMRC was postponed last month citing season ticket money and EFL money. The EFL money had already been borrowed upon and there's hardly been a high profile push on the season tickets to tackle that debt.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:51 - Apr 26 with 3227 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Q)Who would buy a season ticket for bury's next campaign?

A)The same idiots that bought the parking spaces!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:02 - Apr 26 with 3112 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:51 - Apr 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

Q)Who would buy a season ticket for bury's next campaign?

A)The same idiots that bought the parking spaces!

To be fair Dopey investors lumped on the car park scheme I doubt there were many if any who were bury fans.

10% interest per annum was the attraction ( Lie ).

Just where is that £3 000 000??

Would a season ticket on a credit card be covered ( insurance ) should the gigglers have to liquidate?.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:17 - Apr 26 with 3081 viewsShun

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:46 - Apr 25 by ColDale

Club for sale
https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/a-message-from-the-chairman/

‘Let’s be clear here; there would have been no Bury FC had we not took it on. Was it 100 times worse than we thought? Yes, it was.’

He begins quite professionally but becomes increasingly more rambling and hysterical as he goes on, to the point where by the end he knows he’s on to a loser but is just trying desperately. The continuous capitalisation of ‘the Club’ is also particularly grating. Scorn of the linguistics right there.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:25 - Apr 26 with 3055 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:02 - Apr 26 by aleanddale

To be fair Dopey investors lumped on the car park scheme I doubt there were many if any who were bury fans.

Would a season ticket on a credit card be covered ( insurance ) should the gigglers have to liquidate?.

I remember one bury fan at the time who was bragging that he invested, but to be fair he’s as full of shit as shakerbhoy with a ton of bitterness towards Dale on top. I hope he did invest and and lost it all as he’s a grade A bellend. He knows.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:28 - Apr 26 with 3043 viewsShun

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:02 - Apr 26 by aleanddale

I know a fellow (I’d be hesitant to call him a friend) who invested in one of the car park spaces. He hasn’t received a penny from it in months and is still massively in debt!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:31 - Apr 26 with 3025 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:28 - Apr 26 by Shun

I know a fellow (I’d be hesitant to call him a friend) who invested in one of the car park spaces. He hasn’t received a penny from it in months and is still massively in debt!

Is it PDIDDY?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:22 - Apr 27 with 2677 viewsRAFCBLUE

Some interesting times ahead for the EFL here also, notwithstanding Bolton's issue today.

SD2 had some cleverness in getting the High Court hearing deferred to the 15th May, particularly as is now clear, that he admits openly that bury require £1.6m to get to the end of May with an income of £0.2m.

That deferral gets them to the League 2 end of the regular season at 5pm on 4th May. Two thoughts:

1) If automatic promotion is achieved to League 1 and on the 15th May bury cease to exist. What then for the EFL? I assume as the season has finished and the League 2 playoffs have started it is only 3 down from League 1, the League 2 playoffs happen as planned and that only one goes down from League 2 (good news Notts County) if bury fold.

2) bury somehow bottle automatic promotion in the next 7 days and limp into the League 2 playoffs and play the two legs between the 9th and 13th May - two days before the 15th May judgement day where they then cease to exist.

Either way - a huge headache for the EFL for other impacted clubs in League 2 and possibly League 1.

I can't see how legally, bury actually get past the 15th May, regardless of what happens on the field.

SD2 has now admitted on their own website that they are effectively either insolvent trading or wrongful trading and need circa £1.4m to survive the month and even more over the Summer.

Count the chickens; they are nearly hatched.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024