Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Average 23:42 - Oct 31 with 709 viewsbobrien

I wrote a post on here back in February entitled "Boring, Boring Swansea", it criticised roundly by most people and while I don't want to gloat to people that I told you so, I am interested in what people think about the quality of football we played last season in comparison to this season. Personally I believe our football is of a rather low quality but it has been for some time, we've had brief glimpses now and then (like the first half today) but on a whole it's average or below.
Average on 00:12 - Nov 1 with 682 viewsPozuelosSideys

At times last season we were boring. I remember the period well, as im sure most people on here do. Think it coincided around the time when Monk started experimenting with the Xmas tree formation? It was dull as hell until the players finally worked out how to play in.

Im suprised it has hardly been used this season as it became fairly effective. To me (and im probably wrong), but the it feels like Monk has tried to address the "boring" tag and play with 2 wingers at all times. Hes hamstrung himself with Montero who will always play now - if he doesnt we will all be up in arms, and bringing in Ayew who i dont think i have ever seen cross a ball. Additionally in that formation, Gylfi gets dropped and hes our only decent set piece taker.

We have started shipping goals and our full backs are getting caught way too far up the pitch and teams are counterattacking against us at will - it reminds me of the Martinex days at times this season.

Its a balance, which do we prefer, the solid, dull formations or the slightly more attractives ones where teams pick us off? Its a balancing act.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024