Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Secret Footballer on Monk 12:37 - Dec 17 with 6816 viewsDarran

I wish people like this would f*ck off,it obviously had nothing to do with results then?

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/29791/garry-mo

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 14:55 - Dec 17 with 2055 viewssherpajacob

There is a big difference between a "dip in form" and an abandonment of a footballing philosophy that has got us and kept us where we are.

If we were canvassing replacements before GM was sacked wouldn't we have someone in place now?

Finally most of the people attacking Sir Huw's decision, thought Leicester and southampton were wrong to sack Pearson and Atkins respectively.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 15:18 - Dec 17 with 2006 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Not much for the "monk haters" to argue with in the first few paragraphs. Many could say they could see it coming.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 15:19 - Dec 17 with 2005 viewsTom1912

It is without a doubt Dave Kitson.

I've read a lot of stuff, and while interesting, he is an absolute tit. Comes across as very pompous. Take the first line:

"That quote is on the back of my new book and, at the start of this season, I couldn’t have imagined how profound it would turn out to be. Strange seasons, like this one, can do strange things to people in football."

He couldn't imagine how profund he'd turn out to be.....deary me.

I'm not sure I buy anything of what he's said there. Especially if it does turn out to be Bielsa we get in.
The Secret Footballer on Monk on 15:20 - Dec 17 with 1994 viewsDafyddHuw

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 15:18 - Dec 17 by NeiltheTaylor

Not much for the "monk haters" to argue with in the first few paragraphs. Many could say they could see it coming.

You're nowhere near as good a poster as your brother MarcosthePainter.
The Secret Footballer on Monk on 15:24 - Dec 17 with 1979 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Worry not. FranktheTabanou is going to be ledge

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 15:25 - Dec 17 with 1976 viewsDafyddHuw

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 15:24 - Dec 17 by NeiltheTaylor

Worry not. FranktheTabanou is going to be ledge

OK. Let you off.
The Secret Footballer on Monk on 16:37 - Dec 17 with 1888 viewsHighjack

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 14:52 - Dec 17 by AustinIsOurHero

Supposedly Dave Kitson

Definitely Dave kitson. He let the cat out of the bag when he wrote about being hit with a challenge by Valencia that left him feeling like he'd been hit by a car and someone found a clip of it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 16:40 - Dec 17 with 1882 viewsMorganator100

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 14:52 - Dec 17 by AustinIsOurHero

Supposedly Dave Kitson

I thought he had been unmasked as Kitson.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fans-name-the-secre
Login to get fewer ads

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 16:56 - Dec 17 with 1846 viewsicecoldjack

I wonder if a few of the clique tht got booted out see the funny side of this?

Karma is a bitch i suppose.

Personally i think Monk hung himself , the football was getting worse month by month and he destroyed the swansea way of playing along the way, not even monk could ars lick his way out of that one .
The Secret Footballer on Monk on 17:31 - Dec 17 with 1770 viewsYr_Arglwydd_Rhys

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 12:49 - Dec 17 by BLAZE

Wouldn't he have used the 'senior player' line if he's referring to Ayew? Although to be fair, I can see how the rest of his claims could fit AA

I agree. He goes out of his way to stress the difference between 'senior player' and 'member of staff' in the nomenclature of anonymous sources.

There aren't that many staff members left. If it was Clotet, I find it staggering that Monk was not given the option for him to be sacked or, if Monk was given it, that he did not take it.
The Secret Footballer on Monk on 17:34 - Dec 17 with 1757 viewsdailew

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 17:31 - Dec 17 by Yr_Arglwydd_Rhys

I agree. He goes out of his way to stress the difference between 'senior player' and 'member of staff' in the nomenclature of anonymous sources.

There aren't that many staff members left. If it was Clotet, I find it staggering that Monk was not given the option for him to be sacked or, if Monk was given it, that he did not take it.

I reckon it was Swanea JIll, or the kit lady.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 18:21 - Dec 17 with 1681 viewsjack247

This sort of stuff is just piggybacking on Garrys sacking to sell his (secret footballers) book, or magazine article or whatever.

The press love it when a small provincial club has the balls to sack their manager, it must be very easy to write a 'who do they think they are' story without upsetting anyone outside of the club.

Jose should take the heat out of coverage like this for a while anyway.
The Secret Footballer on Monk on 18:37 - Dec 17 with 1644 viewsLeonisGod

B0ll0x innit. That's so vague that whatever happens he can say "I told you". Oldest trick in the book - like a circus fortune teller.

"In truth, his job was made all the more difficult by a member of staff actively undermining him at every opportunity because he was keen to have his own friend, a manager, take the reins at Swansea. And it looks as if he’ll get his way." Keeping the "source" out of it I can understand, But why not mention the likely manager. No reason not to as everyone else is speculating.

IF there's any truth to this and Biesla being a target, the only connection with us that I'm aware of is Ayew.
The Secret Footballer on Monk on 18:53 - Dec 17 with 1610 viewsPozuelosSideys

To be fair, the majority of these not-so-know-it-alls wouldnt give a toss if Monk wasnt English.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 19:12 - Dec 17 with 1574 viewsblueytheblue

Must be true, Kitson was right about Fabregas. Ohh, wait.

Then again, he was the guy who called Cardiff fans racist for chanting "ginger monster". So ITK he failed to grasp it was the nickname of James Collins, at the time playing for us.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 19:18 - Dec 17 with 1568 viewsmonmouth

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 19:12 - Dec 17 by blueytheblue

Then again, he was the guy who called Cardiff fans racist for chanting "ginger monster". So ITK he failed to grasp it was the nickname of James Collins, at the time playing for us.

One of the sneakiest, snidest, dirtiest, most cowardly little shitbags I've seen play against us AND a ginger. Turd.

Kitson not Collins....although...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 19:39 - Dec 17 with 1519 viewsjack247

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 19:12 - Dec 17 by blueytheblue

Racism against gingers! Quality.
The Secret Footballer on Monk on 19:42 - Dec 17 with 1506 viewsdailew

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 19:39 - Dec 17 by jack247

Racism against gingers! Quality.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 19:51 - Dec 17 with 1481 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 19:42 - Dec 17 by dailew

Racist.

Poll: Tory leader

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 19:52 - Dec 17 with 1476 viewsjack247

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 19:51 - Dec 17 by exiledclaseboy

Racist.

Disgraceful
The Secret Footballer on Monk on 22:09 - Dec 17 with 1388 viewsKilkennyjack

It was the performances and the results. Both shite.

Beware of the Risen People

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 22:37 - Dec 17 with 1327 viewsblaine_scfc

I genuinely would not be surprised if Pep Clotet was to return to the club in some capacity under Bielsa's regime (if it happens).

Just saying.
The Secret Footballer on Monk on 22:50 - Dec 17 with 1293 viewsQuakerJack

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this tvat seriously saying that Andre Ayew, who'd been there five mins, managed to manipulate all this to get Monk out and then force an agenda to get a man who we havent and may not sign?

The same Monk who managed to manipulate the sacking of Laudrup, isolating and eventually seeing the back of Chico et al and crafting a job for himself?

I'm sorry... Monk did a lot for our club, that clearance in the PO final was a crucial part of our history... But he also fceked us up and could potentially have done a lot of damage over the last few months... So fcek Monk, fcek Dave Kitson, fcek the media, all I care about is we get the right man in (I believe that man to be Bielsa), sort us out, get us safe and kick on up the league...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 23:44 - Dec 17 with 1206 viewsperchrockjack

Marcos ...smart smooth sexy and unreliable

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 23:55 - Dec 17 with 1186 viewslondonlisa2001

The Secret Footballer on Monk on 12:44 - Dec 17 by monmouth

Gaz's publicity machine is working well so far to be fair.

The sooner he gets another gig the better for all concerned. As long as I don't have to watch another load of turgid garbage like the leicester/liverpool/narch/stoke/watford/bournemouth games they can say what they please.

Started with his 'farewell message' to the adoring hoards, which read like a cv of his greatest achievements, and has continued from there.

I thought he was OK, but I am beginning to find him annoying (Monk that is, not the secret footballer, who has been annoying from the start).
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024