Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don Keefe Swansea's Financial Position 21:14 - Jan 16 with 8064 viewsjackeinstein

Does anybody else feel that Don should make a statement regarding the clubs current financial position.
We are all speculating as to what position we are in financially surely this can be sorted with an honest statement from Mr Keefe.
Don Keefe Swansea's Financial Position on 15:49 - Jan 17 with 1566 viewsDewi1jack

Don Keefe Swansea's Financial Position on 08:00 - Jan 17 by Dr_Winston

As the stewards and ticket office staff carry out the same functions for the Hairsprays surely they are stadium staff and not the club's?

This along with the catering staff, stadium secretaries (can work for the 2 codes, charging each for the services- tax write off) etc
We may have to pay for more stewards. I think it's so many stewards/ first aid trained/ fire marshals etc for X many spectators.

So that's 5 stewards for the egg then, the rest for us

I'm going to guess we have around 150 players on our books (30 each level?), most of these will be schoolboys.
2 or 3 coaches per level.
First aid/ physio staff
Directors/ board with shared personal secretaries.
Staff working with Stadco (shouldn't be many.)
School leavers with their CSE in marketing working for the Commercial department

No way should it even come close to 3,000.
400/ 500 maybe, but that still seems overstaffed. Unless I have seriously wrongly under guessed the amount of players we have.
IMHO, jobs for the boys is/ has crippled us.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Don Keefe Swansea's Financial Position on 15:52 - Jan 17 with 1553 viewsStarsky

Don Keefe Swansea's Financial Position on 14:33 - Jan 17 by Swanseajill

I'll need to get my ears syringed Andy,

Or Phil needs to talk slower.

Hey Lor... I had just hatched a theory why the club are short of money...
Imagine the Xmas party bill for the 3000 staff?

It's just the internet, init.

Don Keefe Swansea's Financial Position on 16:38 - Jan 17 with 1485 viewsNookiejack

From a 12 months cash flow perspective - we have £65.8m of Creditors to pay off in 1 year less Debtors receivable of £11.6m in 1 year + cash in bank £2.7m + stock £1.1m = £50.6m cash to find in 1 year.

We then have expected £94m of Turnover coming in less Wages and other costs of say £70m going out = +£24m.

So on face of it £26m cash to find to finance trading 1st August to 31st July 2016.

We do then have £17.4m of Debtors due > 1 year less creditors > 1 year = £6.8m.

Don't though forget the potential signin on fees financial commitments of £19.4m with regards to note 26.

I think no wonder we are taking so long with the transfers - cash appears very tight maybe £26m of cash to find in short term?

On the positive side one estimate of current value of our squad is £80m and that excludes Shelvey. The Accounts valued our players at £49.5m as policy is only to make downward revisions not upward revisions.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/swansea-city/kader/verein/2288/saison_id/2015

So in conclusion would think we definitely have a short term cash flow position - however the net worth of club is very strong. Just need to manage cash well to ensure we don't have to embark on a fire sale of players - should we get relegated - as that is what will really hurt us.
Don Keefe Swansea's Financial Position on 17:10 - Jan 17 with 1436 viewsmorningstar

Don Keefe Swansea's Financial Position on 16:38 - Jan 17 by Nookiejack

From a 12 months cash flow perspective - we have £65.8m of Creditors to pay off in 1 year less Debtors receivable of £11.6m in 1 year + cash in bank £2.7m + stock £1.1m = £50.6m cash to find in 1 year.

We then have expected £94m of Turnover coming in less Wages and other costs of say £70m going out = +£24m.

So on face of it £26m cash to find to finance trading 1st August to 31st July 2016.

We do then have £17.4m of Debtors due > 1 year less creditors > 1 year = £6.8m.

Don't though forget the potential signin on fees financial commitments of £19.4m with regards to note 26.

I think no wonder we are taking so long with the transfers - cash appears very tight maybe £26m of cash to find in short term?

On the positive side one estimate of current value of our squad is £80m and that excludes Shelvey. The Accounts valued our players at £49.5m as policy is only to make downward revisions not upward revisions.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/swansea-city/kader/verein/2288/saison_id/2015

So in conclusion would think we definitely have a short term cash flow position - however the net worth of club is very strong. Just need to manage cash well to ensure we don't have to embark on a fire sale of players - should we get relegated - as that is what will really hurt us.

sorry.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Don Keefe Swansea's Financial Position on 17:38 - Jan 17 with 1405 viewsWatchman

Don Keefe Swansea's Financial Position on 23:34 - Jan 16 by Nookiejack

Jackonicko pointed the £30m Other Creditors out on page 22.

I don't think it is to do with Jaxx Ltd as club only appeared to owe that company £400k at Balance Sheet date.

Club does appear to have purchased good and services off that company amounting to £4.2m over last two years.

But from above can only estimate that out of the £30m only £400k is owed to Jaxx. (The £400k could of course be reported in some of the Creditors categories not related to Other Creditors).

Jaxx bay very interesting!

all wages are income related btw

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Don Keefe Swansea's Financial Position on 17:42 - Jan 17 with 1393 viewsNookiejack

Don Keefe Swansea's Financial Position on 17:10 - Jan 17 by morningstar

sorry.

No worries Morningstar - we are all passionate about the club and can't understand why new players aren't coming in.

I just have tried to analyse at a high level whether the Board is being tight or whether we do have a short term cash problem - which I think we now do.

Totally agree with your sentiment that fnancial position has no bearing on players putting their bodies on the line - especially when we go 2-1 v Sunderland - then Fernandez turns his back and Ki bottled out of number of 50:50 challenges.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024