Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Austin, the atypical QPR striker - Column 22:56 - Jan 20 with 1984 viewsNorthernr

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/41772/charlie-austi
Charlie Austin, the atypical QPR striker - Column on 01:32 - Jan 21 with 1869 viewstorontolifelongfan

great Clive totally agree,lets hope we learn something
Charlie Austin, the atypical QPR striker - Column on 11:26 - Jan 21 with 1597 viewscalHoop

Absolutely superb article. Says it all about Charlie and QPR. He didn't exactly hit the ground running either, didn't score for first 6 or 7 I think, then stuck one in from one yard and never looked back.

He's been very clever though, and well advised. And once again, I think we were found wanting. We clearly didn't offer him the contract we should have after promotion, preferring to spend silly wages on the likes of Sandro, Fer etc. Once he started scoring in the Premier League and he's down to 18 months left, it's too late as the pot of gold had appeared. He'll have got a good few million signing for Southampton now and a longer contract too with higher wages. Good luck to him.

And as you say, the signing of Washington is exactly what we should be doing with the proceeds. Likely to be one step forward, one step back for another season at least. Let's hope the majority start to realise this.
Charlie Austin, the atypical QPR striker - Column on 17:26 - Jan 21 with 1406 viewsQPRDave

Well done northern
I don't like the stepping stone bit. I'd like for us with the owners we have to be able to fight off advances for our players, if we are on a level with the buying club. Obviously Soton are prem so it was, as you say more about career than money for chaz.
But yes the system you describe was always traditionally the QPR way, and successful until will sold all the crown jewels, without adequate replacements
Charlie Austin, the atypical QPR striker - Column on 18:58 - Jan 21 with 1359 viewsRangersw12

Charlie Austin, the atypical QPR striker - Column on 17:26 - Jan 21 by QPRDave

Well done northern
I don't like the stepping stone bit. I'd like for us with the owners we have to be able to fight off advances for our players, if we are on a level with the buying club. Obviously Soton are prem so it was, as you say more about career than money for chaz.
But yes the system you describe was always traditionally the QPR way, and successful until will sold all the crown jewels, without adequate replacements

If Spurs , Everton and even Liverpool sell their best players to clubs higher up the league how do you expect us not to

We will never be a top 4 club so we will always have to sell our best players
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024