Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Tickets 14:40 - Feb 21 with 14703 viewsTrueDaleBlue

Next years season tickets will be on sale in a month or so, what do you think the club will do about prices?
Freeze the prices for another season.
Put prices up to reflect the gate increase this year.
Do something radical, and drop prices to try to attract more fans.
Season Tickets on 14:48 - Feb 21 with 7409 views1mark1

They will freeze prices and try to make out that they are being radical or kind by doing so. They might well offer more bring a kid for free type vouchers and free pie or whatever.

What I think they should do IS very radical, but is needed, and that is to sell ST for about £125 adults in Sandy and Pearl St, and 150 in main stand. Students and u21 s , over 60s 80 quid, under 16s 50 quid, under 10s free. Maybe have free St for all who are in full time education.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Season Tickets on 14:53 - Feb 21 with 7377 viewsboromat

Prices went up last year so can't see them going up again.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season Tickets on 15:02 - Feb 21 with 7368 viewsLuke8686

Season Tickets on 14:48 - Feb 21 by 1mark1

They will freeze prices and try to make out that they are being radical or kind by doing so. They might well offer more bring a kid for free type vouchers and free pie or whatever.

What I think they should do IS very radical, but is needed, and that is to sell ST for about £125 adults in Sandy and Pearl St, and 150 in main stand. Students and u21 s , over 60s 80 quid, under 16s 50 quid, under 10s free. Maybe have free St for all who are in full time education.

Someone should email Frances with that suggestion or something similar. If we freeze prices our gates are only going to go one way.

We're not struggling financially so slash prices to get more fans in. We will probably make a loss and it is a risk but if we retain our league one status for a few more years it will pay off.
Season Tickets on 15:04 - Feb 21 with 7362 viewsisitme

Season Tickets on 14:48 - Feb 21 by 1mark1

If only we could attract Bradford City type crowds to make those prices financially viable.
Season Tickets on 15:11 - Feb 21 with 7344 views442Dale

Season Tickets on 15:04 - Feb 21 by isitme

If only we could attract Bradford City type crowds to make those prices financially viable.

It's probably worth accepting that a loss has to be made initially just to see if it works. If we get 500 extra season ticket holders and it costs us 100k initially, then it's worth considering. Got to look longer term rather than rely on the same supporters.

We have to do something to change the demographic of the fanbase, free ST for fans up to 16 and £100 up to age 25. Get a commitment to get people in the ground first, then work from there.

In ten years how many of those who turned up v Crewe will be still going? Where are the 'new' regulars to replace them? One look at the away crowd yesterday and there weren't many there under 25.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season Tickets on 15:19 - Feb 21 with 7318 views1mark1

Season Tickets on 15:02 - Feb 21 by Luke8686

Someone should email Frances with that suggestion or something similar. If we freeze prices our gates are only going to go one way.

We're not struggling financially so slash prices to get more fans in. We will probably make a loss and it is a risk but if we retain our league one status for a few more years it will pay off.

If ST prices were slashed, and IF marketed they might not lose money on the ST and match day prices, but even if they did, I am sure that the lots of extra money taken in on match days would make up for it, along with the boost to the atmosphere which helps the crowd and more importantly the players.

It would be interesting to know what happened to Hartlepool's income, when they went to ultra cheap St prices. Like you say Luke, the crowds are on the slide, and even with a good run not likely to improve much, so try something else.

Other thing to do would be announce these new prices now, and make clear people can start buying vouchers towards purchasing these STs NOW. This way someone on a low income might be able to save for one.

Also lets have a ten game book, for say £80, Sandy and Pearl St, £90 Main Stand adults, five game books for 50 quid.

Season Tickets on 15:19 - Feb 21 with 7318 viewsBartRowou

Get a singing section going in the corner of the Wilbutts.
Offer it as half-price season tickets and promote to teenagers.
Provide flags, bells and whistles. 100 noisy adolescents in there will generate an atmosphere and they'll probably bring along some mates.
Put some over-priced fizzy pop behind the refreshments counter and the cost of stewarding will be negated.
Work through the cons - what to do if the stand is sold out due to a large following - and put in a disclaimer that says season tickets will be transferred to the Sandy if the idea doesn't work.
Just do something different.
And stop playing indie.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Season Tickets on 15:20 - Feb 21 with 7312 viewsscooby

Due to work and other things, i'm debating not renewing this year as I've missed several games. the "radical" prices are too radical, but if it was £200-250 I'd happily renew and miss those i have to.

The point of the ST is bring money in early and build a fund pre-season. I wonder how may we actually sold last year, and how many others will not renew this one. Are even we starting to price people out? the problem is that we have to price home fans right, to charge away fans higher. BUT how many away fans have we actually had this year? It feels less, so do we need to review our away prices and reduce them, or did the increase cover the drop?
Login to get fewer ads

Season Tickets on 15:21 - Feb 21 with 7309 viewsroccydaleian

Season Tickets on 15:19 - Feb 21 by 1mark1

If ST prices were slashed, and IF marketed they might not lose money on the ST and match day prices, but even if they did, I am sure that the lots of extra money taken in on match days would make up for it, along with the boost to the atmosphere which helps the crowd and more importantly the players.

It would be interesting to know what happened to Hartlepool's income, when they went to ultra cheap St prices. Like you say Luke, the crowds are on the slide, and even with a good run not likely to improve much, so try something else.

Other thing to do would be announce these new prices now, and make clear people can start buying vouchers towards purchasing these STs NOW. This way someone on a low income might be able to save for one.

Also lets have a ten game book, for say £80, Sandy and Pearl St, £90 Main Stand adults, five game books for 50 quid.

Would you actually go then?
Season Tickets on 15:24 - Feb 21 with 7292 views1mark1

Season Tickets on 15:04 - Feb 21 by isitme

I refer you also to 442's answer, however something needs to happen, as the low wage economy of the borough suggest things will not improve. If enough of a take up, maybe there would be no loss.

I am sure if Hartlepool's are still doing it, that they feel it's financially viable.

Season Tickets on 15:28 - Feb 21 with 7279 viewsseasidedale

Why not open up the 10 game country season ticket to all as it makes it afrordable and may attract fans after the ten games, on a more ambition front something like Morcambe did, admitidly when they were no league was a season ticket for life with a £1000 investment, not sure what investment should be set but its a thought
Season Tickets on 15:31 - Feb 21 with 7264 views1mark1

Season Tickets on 15:21 - Feb 21 by roccydaleian

Would you actually go then?

Yes, I go the odd game now, but would go a lot more if more affordable. Due to personal circumstances, health , work and family, there are some games I wouldn't be ABLE to attend, but I would imagine I would be up to about 16 a season.

Maybe more of Dale fans who have drifted away would come back if it was less of a financial commitment.

However it's more important to get the youth going, to build for the future.

Season Tickets on 15:35 - Feb 21 with 7251 viewsroccydaleian

Season Tickets on 15:31 - Feb 21 by 1mark1

Yes, I go the odd game now, but would go a lot more if more affordable. Due to personal circumstances, health , work and family, there are some games I wouldn't be ABLE to attend, but I would imagine I would be up to about 16 a season.

Maybe more of Dale fans who have drifted away would come back if it was less of a financial commitment.

However it's more important to get the youth going, to build for the future.

Fair enough, especially on your second paragraph i agree.
Season Tickets on 15:43 - Feb 21 with 7223 viewsBrierls

Season Tickets on 15:28 - Feb 21 by seasidedale

Why not open up the 10 game country season ticket to all as it makes it afrordable and may attract fans after the ten games, on a more ambition front something like Morcambe did, admitidly when they were no league was a season ticket for life with a £1000 investment, not sure what investment should be set but its a thought

I think that's a much more sensible suggestion (not the lifetime season ticket, haha)...making the 'country' season ticket available to all. Some people may not be able to commit to 20+ games a season, but be attracted to the proposotion of a 10 game ticket. More money in the coffers that we wouldn't normally see.

The club are between a rock and a hard place with season ticket pricing. I think we've got a hard core who will buy a season ticket regardless of price (within reason!), and a limited number of people who might be tempted if priced and marketed well. You've got to weigh up risk and reward...will knocking £50 - £100 off the price of a season ticket really entice more people to buy one? I'm not sure it would.

I'd prefer the 'loss' the club would make on cheaper season tickets (and I think it would be a loss, the additional takeup wouldn't cover the finanical hit) to be spent of offers and much better marketing and advertising throughout the season.

I think our season tickets are sensibly priced. We're not going to compete with the likes of Man City offering cheap deals to (unsuccessfully) fill seats. People who will buy those season tickets are not our demographic. Perhaps if we're going to take a hit we should do it with the future in mind, which means dramatically reducing prices of children and teenagers ticket pricing.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2016 15:46]
Season Tickets on 15:43 - Feb 21 with 7223 viewsTrueDaleBlue

Season Tickets on 15:19 - Feb 21 by BartRowou

Get a singing section going in the corner of the Wilbutts.
Offer it as half-price season tickets and promote to teenagers.
Provide flags, bells and whistles. 100 noisy adolescents in there will generate an atmosphere and they'll probably bring along some mates.
Put some over-priced fizzy pop behind the refreshments counter and the cost of stewarding will be negated.
Work through the cons - what to do if the stand is sold out due to a large following - and put in a disclaimer that says season tickets will be transferred to the Sandy if the idea doesn't work.
Just do something different.
And stop playing indie.

I think opening the wilbutts for home fans with a decent priced stand, £20's plenty.
Close the sandy lane.
Put away fans in the pearl street, no away team has brought a following to fill this, this season.
Main stand for the match day diners, Vip's , and the free loaders.
Season Tickets on 16:00 - Feb 21 with 7174 viewsisitme

Season Tickets on 15:11 - Feb 21 by 442Dale

It's probably worth accepting that a loss has to be made initially just to see if it works. If we get 500 extra season ticket holders and it costs us 100k initially, then it's worth considering. Got to look longer term rather than rely on the same supporters.

We have to do something to change the demographic of the fanbase, free ST for fans up to 16 and £100 up to age 25. Get a commitment to get people in the ground first, then work from there.

In ten years how many of those who turned up v Crewe will be still going? Where are the 'new' regulars to replace them? One look at the away crowd yesterday and there weren't many there under 25.

I agree that attendances are a problem but that's 100k off an already low budget. No doubt we would get more complaints about not signing 'proven goalscorers' etc. The Port Vale chairman stated last summer that he could have imposed an increase on ticket prices to retain Pope.

10 game season tickets are a good idea.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2016 16:03]
Season Tickets on 16:11 - Feb 21 with 7128 viewsTrueDaleBlue

I like the idea of 10 game season tickets.
I got a season ticket for the Sandy, also one for my lad, under 7's so was free, but when I take him, he's been about 6 times this season, I've had to upgrade to a seated area because he can't see in the sandy, costing me an extra £10 per game. If I could have a 10 game ticket, I'd get one for the sandy, and one for the pearl.
Season Tickets on 16:22 - Feb 21 with 7091 views442Dale

Season Tickets on 16:00 - Feb 21 by isitme

I agree that attendances are a problem but that's 100k off an already low budget. No doubt we would get more complaints about not signing 'proven goalscorers' etc. The Port Vale chairman stated last summer that he could have imposed an increase on ticket prices to retain Pope.

10 game season tickets are a good idea.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2016 16:03]

We've a manager who can work with a low budget, if we're using the 100k figure it's a player or two less. If we could get on an extra 500 ST holders, it's worth that for the longer term. 300 of those could be semi-regulars who then attend almost every game and start spending on food etc. but let's get them in the ground first.

Season ticket holder numbers here: http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/12/3402/
1411. Up 3.6% on last season, the aim has to be for an increase ten time that percentage.

Season Tickets on 16:29 - Feb 21 with 7071 views1mark1

Does anyone actually know how much would be lost in revenue with lower priced STs? If we were to have 500 more attendees each game, that would generate far more money, maybe , making up for the loss. However going forward it increases the fan base and better atmosphere.

If we are selling 1000 STs at average of £200 that is income of 200,000
If we sold 1500 STs at average of £100 that is income of 150000

Extra 500 per game spending on average £5 is 57500 per season extra, obviously not all profit.

The main problem is initial drop in pre season income, but ONLY if not promotion of very cheap tickets, which could generate 2000 STs which would equal the amount which we currently may well be getting.

Obviously if higher ST price but still low, would genate less sales, but might be higher cash income.
Like I said originally I support the Ten match book offers to anyone, or even five match books, so long as they are priced that it works out per game more than STs and less than pay per game.

The main proposal is to attract youngsters, maybe have a £25 St or £2 per game. Also we could have a "solidarity " price, in which those who can afford to, voluntarily pay a higher amount, this currently happens in some organisations in which subscriptions are paid. It's another idea, to float.

The status quo is not working. The crowds are on the decline, we are not attracting the youth, etc etc.

I predict no movement by the club on the above, as I feel they have no vision, but hope to be proven wrong, and hope that they take a gamble, like they did when they first employed KH as manager all those years ago.

Season Tickets on 16:35 - Feb 21 with 7048 views442Dale

Season Tickets on 16:29 - Feb 21 by 1mark1

Does anyone actually know how much would be lost in revenue with lower priced STs? If we were to have 500 more attendees each game, that would generate far more money, maybe , making up for the loss. However going forward it increases the fan base and better atmosphere.

Extra 500 per game spending on average £5 is 57500 per season extra, obviously not all profit.

The main problem is initial drop in pre season income, but ONLY if not promotion of very cheap tickets, which could generate 2000 STs which would equal the amount which we currently may well be getting.

Obviously if higher ST price but still low, would genate less sales, but might be higher cash income.
Like I said originally I support the Ten match book offers to anyone, or even five match books, so long as they are priced that it works out per game more than STs and less than pay per game.

The main proposal is to attract youngsters, maybe have a £25 St or £2 per game. Also we could have a "solidarity " price, in which those who can afford to, voluntarily pay a higher amount, this currently happens in some organisations in which subscriptions are paid. It's another idea, to float.

The status quo is not working. The crowds are on the decline, we are not attracting the youth, etc etc.

I predict no movement by the club on the above, as I feel they have no vision, but hope to be proven wrong, and hope that they take a gamble, like they did when they first employed KH as manager all those years ago.

I would hope they're looking at garnering fan opinion on this subject now. There's a valuable marketing tool within the supporters we have; it'd be interesting to see how many new ST sales would be achieved by those buying them at a reduced price getting word around.

Season Tickets on 16:39 - Feb 21 with 7034 views1mark1

Season Tickets on 16:22 - Feb 21 by 442Dale

We've a manager who can work with a low budget, if we're using the 100k figure it's a player or two less. If we could get on an extra 500 ST holders, it's worth that for the longer term. 300 of those could be semi-regulars who then attend almost every game and start spending on food etc. but let's get them in the ground first.

Season ticket holder numbers here: http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/12/3402/
1411. Up 3.6% on last season, the aim has to be for an increase ten time that percentage.

Would love to know the breakdown in figures for each ST group pet price.
What is the average cost per ST sold, is it about 200 or more like 250?
I am sure we could sell adult ST if the price was say 125 pounds, for coming season.
Maybe initial price them at £150 , but we would more likely sell less.
I wonder if anyone at the club have asked Hartlepool how they did it, and what effect it had on finances.

Season Tickets on 16:43 - Feb 21 with 7017 views442Dale

Season Tickets on 16:39 - Feb 21 by 1mark1

Would love to know the breakdown in figures for each ST group pet price.
What is the average cost per ST sold, is it about 200 or more like 250?
I am sure we could sell adult ST if the price was say 125 pounds, for coming season.
Maybe initial price them at £150 , but we would more likely sell less.
I wonder if anyone at the club have asked Hartlepool how they did it, and what effect it had on finances.

Ask the Trust to ask at their next meeting with the club on the 21st March:

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2016/02/board-meeting-report-2/

Season Tickets on 16:56 - Feb 21 with 6980 viewsKenBoon

Discounted season tickets is a great idea, BUT, as a club we wouldn't be competent enough to make it successful.
Season Tickets on 16:59 - Feb 21 with 6969 viewsValleySaddler

Most kids have to stay in education until 18 or are on low paid apprenticeships.Currently there is quite a jump in price when reaching 16.
Maybe extend the under16s to under18s?
I think the 10 game ticket is a good idea and maybe add a student one too.
If your away at University everygame may be difficult but 10 is realistic with being back for holidays etc.
Is it worth offering a midweek ticket?,i think Wolves offered a discounted ticket covering all night games.Spotland is hardly oversubscibed on a tuesday night..
Season Tickets on 17:12 - Feb 21 with 6939 viewsNigeriamark

Season Tickets on 16:29 - Feb 21 by 1mark1

Significantly decreasing season ticket prices may not have the desired effect with our fan base. Stay away or new fans are unlikely to jump in straight away i.e go from zero games to 23. You will get more of the current non-season ticket holders to switch to a season ticket, again depleting the overall cash revenue for the year

As posted the focus needs to be stay away fans, or fans who are attending occasional games. That is why ideas around five & ten ticket books has more "legs" . Also you could try a Saturday game only season ticket for those who know they can not do midweek games

Regarding new fans the club needs to focus on getting fans to attend their first game - then you have a chance as long as there is follow up. It's a long slog. I once had to do a marketing project for the Halle orchestra to get more people under 40 to attend classical music concerts at Bridgewater Hall. It isn't easy and you have to stick with it, but it can be done once you can get them to the first one.. Football is not as easy because the product is not consistent ( someones first game could be a 3-0 win or a boring 0-1 defeat) - However it can also be done if you have a 5 year plan. When the quality of football is good you can boost the rate you increase fans and if the football is poor you can reduce the rate of fans dropping off. As you have posted, youth/families would be your target group although there are others too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024