Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea music scene 13:46 - Mar 12 with 8272 viewsdickythorpe

The lemon factory and static, one is in St Helens road and the other in the kingsway.

Anyone been?
Swansea music scene on 22:25 - Mar 14 with 2581 viewsDarran

Swansea music scene on 22:24 - Mar 14 by Ebo

Can be up to 1000 without seating. Won't get Cheap Trick there butt, possibly up and coming and some older favourites.

Still a bit small compared to the Academy's Johnny.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea music scene on 22:55 - Mar 14 with 2565 viewsEbo

Swansea music scene on 22:25 - Mar 14 by Darran

Still a bit small compared to the Academy's Johnny.

It is but Bristol nipped in ahead of South Wales in getting one. The wanted an arena but Cardiff beat them to it. Hopefully this arena thing takes off in Swansea but I am not holding my breath..

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Swansea music scene on 23:28 - Mar 14 with 2551 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea music scene on 17:58 - Mar 14 by Lord_Bony

That Solus venue is really good for live bands and I'll also be there Friday for the Stranglers.

I'm only a ten minute drive away as I live in Karediff these days but it is a cracking venue and if they can tie this in with the Great Hall at Swansea uni it would be good for the punters and the students of the uni as it is very profitable for the Students Union who run the place and have their own night club there as well.

The council and uni at Swansea can easily get this thing going its a piece of cake and the acts would play Cardiff one night Swansea the next or vice versa.

Bring it on and soon. Would be great for the city music scene.

I think this wil be the fourth time I have seen them there. We tend to go to the Chinese restaurant round the back before the gig. Trouble is we always get lost trying to get in through the rear of the building. It is a right maze. It is a bit too far to hike all the way round. Especially after trekking to the eatery from the station.
Tend to stand left of stage over by JJ but the view was poor last time. They had dropped the Marshall amps and the new ones blocked the view somewhat. Could not see Dave at all. Gonna try and get there early to catch Mike Peters and try and find a good view with easy access to and from the toilets. No easy task as it looks like sell out again.
Back on topic.....it will be brilliant for the music scene in Swansea although the capacity will be about the same as the Patti. A bit disappointing considering the physical size of the place. I heard somewhere that the Albert Hall could pack in 5k if it was stripped out for a standing capacity.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea music scene on 23:31 - Mar 14 with 2543 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea music scene on 22:55 - Mar 14 by Ebo

It is but Bristol nipped in ahead of South Wales in getting one. The wanted an arena but Cardiff beat them to it. Hopefully this arena thing takes off in Swansea but I am not holding my breath..

Bristol Academy is a horrible venue IMHO. Unless you are in the mosh pit or at the front on the balconies it is like watching through a letter box. Good boozer opposite for a pre gig pint though.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea music scene on 00:07 - Mar 15 with 2526 viewsEbo

http://www.spanglefish.com/swanseasalberthallreborn/index.asp?pageid=349183

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Swansea music scene on 12:38 - Mar 15 with 2479 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea music scene on 00:07 - Mar 15 by Ebo

http://www.spanglefish.com/swanseasalberthallreborn/index.asp?pageid=349183

Yes seen that website. There is something similar for the Palace. The poor old Elysium is completely neglected. As an aside I wonder how many similar venues have been allowed to rot in Cardiff.
I sit corrected. The AH has a potential 3000 capacity. Still a decent size.
Problem is though the last updates on the site were 4 years ago. It all went Pete Tong when we lost the City of Culture bid.
Shame as it has the potential to be a top venue. Imagine all the punters coming in on the trains and The Elysium offering a pre gig booze up as a giant Wetherspoons. :-)
[Post edited 15 Mar 2016 12:40]

Swansea music scene on 13:55 - Mar 15 with 2460 viewsGretsch

Neath in fairness, out punches it's weight with music.

Friday bands in Big Cam, Ambassador,

Saturday - Big Cam, Greyhound, Ambassador, Dark Arch Presidents, Cross Keys

Sunday Big Cam, New Exeter, Greyhound, Workies, Dark Arch, Merlins, St Ives

Mid week couple of open mic nights, Karaoke's.
Swansea music scene on 17:09 - Mar 15 with 2424 viewstaffpunk

Swansea music scene on 13:55 - Mar 15 by Gretsch

Neath in fairness, out punches it's weight with music.

Friday bands in Big Cam, Ambassador,

Saturday - Big Cam, Greyhound, Ambassador, Dark Arch Presidents, Cross Keys

Sunday Big Cam, New Exeter, Greyhound, Workies, Dark Arch, Merlins, St Ives

Mid week couple of open mic nights, Karaoke's.

The Duke is the only place in Neath I've ever gone to see bands. Is it still going?

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea music scene on 17:12 - Mar 15 with 2420 viewsDarran

Swansea music scene on 17:09 - Mar 15 by taffpunk

The Duke is the only place in Neath I've ever gone to see bands. Is it still going?

Yes.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea music scene on 17:37 - Mar 15 with 2415 viewsattila_the_hun

Swansea music scene on 20:31 - Mar 12 by MrSwansea

No but interest to find out! Music scene is pants though. Need to attract the middle size bands here that hadn't play the liberty.

Puddle of Mudd

"I'm Free"

Swansea music scene on 07:26 - Mar 16 with 2348 viewsGretsch

Swansea music scene on 17:09 - Mar 15 by taffpunk

Yes forgot the duke they have lots of comedy nights too. Also NRG cafe and The Angel (sometimes)
Swansea music scene on 20:17 - Mar 16 with 2308 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea music scene on 23:31 - Mar 14 by Private_Partz

Bristol Academy is a horrible venue IMHO. Unless you are in the mosh pit or at the front on the balconies it is like watching through a letter box. Good boozer opposite for a pre gig pint though.

Nah it's not that bad. Going tomorrow night for the Wonderstuff supported by the Wedding Present. Pub opposite is the Hatchet, lovely boozer and one of the oldest in the country so I was told

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea music scene on 11:22 - Mar 18 with 2245 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea music scene on 20:17 - Mar 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Nah it's not that bad. Going tomorrow night for the Wonderstuff supported by the Wedding Present. Pub opposite is the Hatchet, lovely boozer and one of the oldest in the country so I was told

Smashing place, hard a great time. Wish we had one in town

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea music scene on 15:16 - Jun 28 with 1543 viewsjonathanwilliams

Any suggestions of a potential live music venue in Swansea in need of investment/management? I'm a muso relocating and am thinking about trying to get something going...

Jonathan Williams
Swansea music scene on 20:31 - Jun 28 with 1485 viewsdickythorpe

Open air music. Good spot by pump house in marina, also castle gardens would be good area for a band to set up and play.
Swansea music scene on 18:56 - Jun 29 with 1390 viewsMuteswan

Swansea music scene on 15:16 - Jun 28 by jonathanwilliams

Any suggestions of a potential live music venue in Swansea in need of investment/management? I'm a muso relocating and am thinking about trying to get something going...

Jonathan Williams

Have you tried The Garage at Whites in the Uplands? It’s not a huge place but might be OK for a “smaller” gig. Sorry , not sure of capacity.
The pool bar is having extensive updating with brand new pool tables, and the Terrace on the top floor is a very good cocktail bar.
Get in touch with them and I’m sure they will be able to give you all details about the Garage music venue.

http://www.whitez.co.uk/
Swansea music scene on 19:26 - Jun 29 with 1375 viewsHighjack

Swansea music scene on 15:16 - Jun 28 by jonathanwilliams

Jonathan Williams

There’s a small arena called the liberty stadium that is in desperate need of both investment and competent management. It has held several high profile gigs including bonnie Tyler, the madness tribute act and max Boyce.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swansea music scene on 19:57 - Jun 29 with 1368 viewstheloneranger

Swansea music scene on 13:48 - Mar 13 by Private_Partz

I don't think it is that big. Maybe with the City Centre development we may get a decent venue but I am not holding my breath.
We still have the Patti but that is now used mostly for weddings. I remember seeing The Stranglers there just before the last refurb. Great gig. Also seen Dr Feelgood, The Hamsters, The Proclaimers and Roger Chapman there.
The Palace, The Albert Hall and the Elysium are holding on by the skin of their teeth. All these would be suitable venues IMHO but it seems there is no will within the Council or WAG to do anything about their on going decay. All three buildings are a complete embarrassment at the mo.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2016 13:52]

Man "Christmas at the Patti"

1972 ?

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024