Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea Bay region 22:21 - Mar 17 with 1692 viewsowainglyndwr

Should Neath & Port Talbot & Swansea now bwcome one regional borough.
Would it help to bring work and investment.
Sir Terry believes it will
Swansea Bay region on 23:54 - Mar 17 with 1635 viewsjackportis

Good god know. A backward step.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Swansea Bay region on 23:56 - Mar 17 with 1629 viewsHighjack

Swansea Bay region on 23:54 - Mar 17 by jackportis

Good god know. A backward step.

Absolutely right. Neath already got dragged down by being associated with port talbot, the last thing we need is Swansea fuc king things up for us as well.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swansea Bay region on 07:37 - Mar 18 with 1579 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Swansea Bay Region should stretch from the west of Bridgend to Pembrokeshire. That way all the LAs can a tribute to the City Deal along with WAG (ha ha - yes I know).
The Region should be more than a business promotion and investment exercise. It should become one Local Authority responsible for Health. policing and Fire Services as well.
This is the only way we will have a body big and nasty enough to fight Welsh Labour's Cardiff centric policies.
Even if none of this happens there is every likelyhood of the old West Glamorgan boundary being introduced so these areas will link with Swansea anyway. Leighton Andrews' wishy washy LA reform will see to that.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2016 7:42]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea Bay region on 08:55 - Mar 18 with 1527 viewsSwaneeRiver

Bridgend, NPT and Swansea is already one region in Local Government circles. It's called Western Bay
Best practice from these regional administrations would be shared and the best for each department implemented across the region (e.g if Bridgend was best working frame for Housing, Swansea best for Social Services and Neath best for Recycling their policies would be implemented across the region)
Will result in many lost jobs
This is already in hand, as I understand it
[Post edited 18 Mar 2016 8:59]
Swansea Bay region on 09:02 - Mar 18 with 1520 viewsSwaneeRiver

Problem is, Local Government Authorities cannot afford to keep haemorrhaging money the way they are, and individual Authority cuts can only go so far before the next big axe (see previous post) is wielded.
Swansea Bay region on 11:19 - Mar 18 with 1472 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea Bay region on 07:37 - Mar 18 by Private_Partz

The Swansea Bay Region should stretch from the west of Bridgend to Pembrokeshire. That way all the LAs can a tribute to the City Deal along with WAG (ha ha - yes I know).
The Region should be more than a business promotion and investment exercise. It should become one Local Authority responsible for Health. policing and Fire Services as well.
This is the only way we will have a body big and nasty enough to fight Welsh Labour's Cardiff centric policies.
Even if none of this happens there is every likelyhood of the old West Glamorgan boundary being introduced so these areas will link with Swansea anyway. Leighton Andrews' wishy washy LA reform will see to that.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2016 7:42]

Great idea. Concentrate money on transport links and infrastructure such as the seaports and develop an international air hub at pembrey (the Chinese apparently we're willing to invest millions in this as well as Ryanair but the WAG must have thought it would be too much competition for the white elephant they already own at Rhoose, you know, the one where no airlines fly to or from).
[Post edited 18 Mar 2016 11:21]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea Bay region on 12:38 - Mar 18 with 1437 viewsfather_jack

aint bridgend in with the cardiff lot and this metro thing? fu.ck them.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Swansea Bay region on 13:03 - Mar 18 with 1415 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea Bay region on 12:38 - Mar 18 by father_jack

Is it more bendy buses then?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea Bay region on 13:15 - Mar 18 with 1406 viewsSwaneeRiver

Swansea Bay region on 12:38 - Mar 18 by father_jack

Apparently not - read my post above (which is from official sources)
Swansea Bay region on 13:23 - Mar 18 with 1402 viewswestside

Llanelli council wanted to join up with Swansea/neath port Talbot as well
Swansea Bay region on 17:09 - Mar 18 with 1341 viewsjackportis

I would suggest they grow lots of trees on both sides of motorway blocking the 'ugliness' of the area as u head to junction 42. Many a time the conclusion by visitors to Swansea is drawn that the area is a dump. Who would disagree with this. I'm not sure why port talbot and neath are linked to Swansea all the time? They should look to move eastwards. However I'm sure there are many who aspire to move to Swansea west. But until then Just tidy up your gardens and paint your houses..

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Swansea Bay region on 13:28 - Mar 19 with 1250 viewsPTBaglanJack

Swansea Bay region on 17:09 - Mar 18 by jackportis

I would suggest they grow lots of trees on both sides of motorway blocking the 'ugliness' of the area as u head to junction 42. Many a time the conclusion by visitors to Swansea is drawn that the area is a dump. Who would disagree with this. I'm not sure why port talbot and neath are linked to Swansea all the time? They should look to move eastwards. However I'm sure there are many who aspire to move to Swansea west. But until then Just tidy up your gardens and paint your houses..

We are linked to Swansea, in the same way that Newport, Bridgend, Ponty etc are naturally linked to Cardiff.

I've never been to Bridgend in my life, and have no reason to (apart from about 3 rugby games!)

I dont want to be part of Swansea council, would rather control ourselves, but build up the regional business links etc.
Swansea Bay region on 13:40 - Mar 19 with 1240 viewsDr_Winston

It's the logical step. Neath, Port Talbot and Llanelli are basically just suburbs of the Swansea urban area anyway.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea Bay region on 15:18 - Mar 19 with 1206 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea Bay region on 13:40 - Mar 19 by Dr_Winston

It's the logical step. Neath, Port Talbot and Llanelli are basically just suburbs of the Swansea urban area anyway.

We should just annexe the whole of SW Wales up as far as Aberystwyth and set up border controls at MacArthur Glen. Don't want any refugees from the splott area gaining admittance do we? feckin freeloaders!

Swansea Bay region on 17:28 - Mar 19 with 1167 viewsphact0rri

honestly, wasn't swansea initally just a bunch of close together villages with a central market centre? Not sure if bringing in more municipals would really give that much promotion buisness wise. I could see it from a political and infostructure reasoning, but I'd not be supportive.

Transforming a municipality in a large area is not always a grand transition, as there's a lot more to it than simply adding to what you have. There's actual fisical responsibilities and having services to regulate all the services now in a much larger area. Honestly living in a nightmare of an overly large city in the US that has crippling debt and botched of social services that can't fully reach and provide the needs of the community ... I think Pembrokeshire is a great sized town.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Swansea Bay region on 17:06 - Mar 20 with 1060 viewsGeoffThom

Swansea Bay region on 13:40 - Mar 19 by Dr_Winston

This is absolutely true, anybody who thinks it's not needs to open their eyes most of Llanelli, neath and pt work and play in Swansea
Swansea Bay region on 12:33 - Mar 25 with 907 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea Bay region on 13:28 - Mar 19 by PTBaglanJack

We are linked to Swansea, in the same way that Newport, Bridgend, Ponty etc are naturally linked to Cardiff.

I've never been to Bridgend in my life, and have no reason to (apart from about 3 rugby games!)

I dont want to be part of Swansea council, would rather control ourselves, but build up the regional business links etc.

There is a lot of sense in what you say there. However we need to be careful about which council serves us.
Currently we have 22 Local Authorities in Wales serving an area that is no bigger than the Greater Manchester Council.
This suits Carwyn and Co as it makes it easier for their Cardiff Centric policies to slip through relatively unnoticed. It is divide and rule as all the LAs fight amongst themselves. Hence it is understandable that Neath and Port Talbot would like their own administrations.
I'm my opinion we only need 4 LAs. North, Mid, South East and South West. These 'super' Authorities would be in a position to fight their corner for investment leaving no place to hide for the Cardiff centric fools.
I know such reform would cause massive argument across Wales but it can be done with each area within the grouping still reataining its individual identity.
Also if your local politicians are failing your area they will be much easier to identify as there will be fewer of 'em. :-)
[Post edited 25 Mar 2016 12:35]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024