Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking at Wigan 12:59 - Mar 22 with 2786 viewsvisualman

Hi All,
I am thinking of going to Wigan on Monday as I have never been before
does anyone know where you can park near to the ground without paying
I don't mind a short walk
thanks in advance
Parking at Wigan on 15:56 - Mar 22 with 2674 viewslurker

Having visited for a game when they were in the Premier League, there is a massive car park at the ground which you have to pay I think a fiver for. There is a nearby retail park that looks tempting but speaking to locals there at the time they said people regularly get ticketed there if they stay over 2 hours.

We took the train, but we were told that most locals cross the canal after the game and jump in their cars that are parked on the nearby industrial estate situated across there.
Parking at Wigan on 16:34 - Mar 22 with 2619 viewshull_dale19

I'm a season ticket holder for Wigan Warriors RL and lurker is right, there is a very large car park next to the Soccer Dome, which is at the back of the away end. It's a fiver for rugby but I'm not sure how much it is for football.

Definitely don't park in the retail park, the parking people are absolutely on it on Latics and Warriors match days and it's 50 quid if you get caught
[Post edited 22 Mar 2016 17:26]
Parking at Wigan on 19:08 - Mar 22 with 2484 viewspioneer

At the big roundabout by the entrance to the retail park take the exit that goes up the hill (the exit before the retail park). about 400 yards up that road there is a housing estate on the right with free (legal) street parking and a shortcut footpath straight down to the retail park/ground (5-10 mins). I use it every time I go to the rugby. Also quicker to get away from than parking on the stadium car park.
Parking at Wigan on 19:16 - Mar 22 with 2459 viewspioneer

Looking at the map I think its the A577 off the roundabout and then take Heather grove on the right onto the housing estate.
Parking at Wigan on 17:00 - Mar 24 with 2168 viewsSalwaDale

Lots of the locals do indeed park over the canal bridge as it is quite a short walk. That would be my choice for free parking. Do not park at Robin Park retail or at ASDA.

TBBT

Parking at Wigan on 18:23 - Mar 24 with 2101 viewsrobertwafc

Parking at Wigan on 17:00 - Mar 24 by SalwaDale

Lots of the locals do indeed park over the canal bridge as it is quite a short walk. That would be my choice for free parking. Do not park at Robin Park retail or at ASDA.

Railway street off woodhouse lane is somewhere you can park if you get there early enough and it's only a 5 minute walk to the stadium over the canal
Parking at Wigan on 19:04 - Mar 24 with 2057 viewsSalwaDale

Parking at Wigan on 18:23 - Mar 24 by robertwafc

Railway street off woodhouse lane is somewhere you can park if you get there early enough and it's only a 5 minute walk to the stadium over the canal

Yes, or any of the side streets off there are fine.

TBBT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024