Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan season tickets 18:06 - Apr 4 with 13073 viewsSalwaDale

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-athletic/latics-news/sharpe-aims-to-make-a

Interesting.

TBBT

Wigan season tickets on 18:27 - Apr 4 with 8020 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hope our "Decision Makers" have a good look at that.
Wigan season tickets on 19:16 - Apr 4 with 7894 viewsrobbowood

Wigan season tickets on 18:27 - Apr 4 by Yorkshire_Dale

Hope our "Decision Makers" have a good look at that.

Wigan Chairman has just been on Radio Manchester for the last hour. Their season ticket prices for next season must be amongst the cheapest in the whole of the football league

Wigan Athletic chairman David Sharpe hopes he has made ‘a real impact’ to ‘reward the loyalty of our supporters’ after slashing season-card prices to their lowest-ever mark at the DW Stadium.

The top adult renewal price for next term will be just £179, with no fan paying more than £229.

For existing season-card holders, that means a cost of less than £8 per match.

Every 2016-17 season card (including hospitality) will be cheaper than the same seat this season, with all Team Latics Family Stand (South) adults qualifying for a free Under-16 season card.

“We wanted to make a real impact with these prices to reward the loyalty of our supporters,” said Sharpe.

“We made the guarantee of no more than £199 last season to all season card holders who purchased their ticket before this season, and we are delighted to be able to reduce that by a further £20 to £179 for what is the cheapest price ever offered by Latics at the stadium.

“With new season-card holders paying just £199 up to June 30, or £229 after that date, we feel these are prices which will attract the supporters to the DW, because this is by far the best value way to be watching Latics.

“We are also delighted to make the offer of a complimentary Under-16s season card in the South Stand to go with any adult purchase.

“It is crucial for the future of the club that we attract the next generation of supporters, and we expect this will prove extremely popular.”
Wigan season tickets on 19:31 - Apr 4 with 7850 viewsSalwaDale

It is kicking off a bit in my old town though. Seems that people who bought a season ticket this season were guaranteed great savings for next season but they've seemingly now done it for virtually everyone with this season's ticket holders only getting a slight saving.

TBBT

Wigan season tickets on 19:40 - Apr 4 with 7817 views442Dale

Wigan season tickets on 19:31 - Apr 4 by SalwaDale

It is kicking off a bit in my old town though. Seems that people who bought a season ticket this season were guaranteed great savings for next season but they've seemingly now done it for virtually everyone with this season's ticket holders only getting a slight saving.

So their saving isn't what was promised? Surely they signed up to an agreement that has to be honoured? If it's just because more fans can get cheaper ST then they're being unbelievably petty. If they were missing out on a saving, fine, but to moan about others benefiting too? Ha. Hope they spend the entire whining and not enjoying the fact their stadium has more regular fans.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Wigan season tickets on 19:44 - Apr 4 with 7794 views1mark1

Wigan season tickets on 19:31 - Apr 4 by SalwaDale

10% savings are pretty good on the season card.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Wigan season tickets on 19:47 - Apr 4 with 7773 viewsTVOS1907

Wigan season tickets on 19:40 - Apr 4 by 442Dale

So their saving isn't what was promised? Surely they signed up to an agreement that has to be honoured? If it's just because more fans can get cheaper ST then they're being unbelievably petty. If they were missing out on a saving, fine, but to moan about others benefiting too? Ha. Hope they spend the entire whining and not enjoying the fact their stadium has more regular fans.

It's probably something to do with Jason Pearce.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Wigan season tickets on 19:53 - Apr 4 with 7753 views442Dale

Wigan season tickets on 19:47 - Apr 4 by TVOS1907

He gets involved in everything.

Wigan season tickets on 20:13 - Apr 4 with 7697 viewsroccydaleian

Wigan season tickets on 19:47 - Apr 4 by TVOS1907

They might think they are part of the chosen few.
Login to get fewer ads

Wigan season tickets on 21:01 - Apr 4 with 7606 viewspioneer

I would applaud similar initiatives at the Dale but hope the focus wont be entirely on season tickets. We need to wean people back to watching local football and then wean them on to greater commitments (like partial season plans, mini packs etc) as well.

Now having said that Hartlepools and Bradford seemed to have made the 'season ticket only' approach work - but should we still be expecting the casual fan to be choosing between paying 20 quid plus to watch rochdale and something not much more to watch a premiership or championship game at one of our neighbours.
Wigan season tickets on 21:28 - Apr 4 with 7543 viewsDomDale

Wigan season tickets on 21:01 - Apr 4 by pioneer

I would applaud similar initiatives at the Dale but hope the focus wont be entirely on season tickets. We need to wean people back to watching local football and then wean them on to greater commitments (like partial season plans, mini packs etc) as well.

Now having said that Hartlepools and Bradford seemed to have made the 'season ticket only' approach work - but should we still be expecting the casual fan to be choosing between paying 20 quid plus to watch rochdale and something not much more to watch a premiership or championship game at one of our neighbours.

Hornets have launched a 6 game ticket

http://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/Page/Content/1902

If the RL can do something like this and are literally accross a building why can't the AFC?

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Wigan season tickets on 22:03 - Apr 4 with 7480 viewsdingdangblue

Wigan season tickets on 21:01 - Apr 4 by pioneer

That Hartlepool scheme that worked. Very similar to our situation it was their 4th season in league 1 (next will be our 3rd), low average attendance of 3000, unfashionable club but somehow it caught people's attention and succeeded.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2015235/Fans-rush-buy-Hartlepo

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Wigan season tickets on 01:05 - Apr 5 with 7359 viewspioneer

Wigan season tickets on 21:28 - Apr 4 by DomDale

Hornets have launched a 6 game ticket

http://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/Page/Content/1902

If the RL can do something like this and are literally accross a building why can't the AFC?

Yes a bit embarassing that after this being suggested on this board for several years, Hornets do it first! As they did with on line ticketing.

And I also notice they have realised the importance of buying in advance being discounted...buy in advance on line for the Dale and you pay more than at the gate. Makes no sense at all.

Come on Dale lets get going with some 21st century marketing.
Wigan season tickets on 07:27 - Apr 5 with 7280 viewsDaleiLama

Wigan season tickets on 01:05 - Apr 5 by pioneer

Yes a bit embarassing that after this being suggested on this board for several years, Hornets do it first! As they did with on line ticketing.

And I also notice they have realised the importance of buying in advance being discounted...buy in advance on line for the Dale and you pay more than at the gate. Makes no sense at all.

Prices increased, on-line surcharges, lower attendance.

They aren't difficult dots to join.

Let's hope lessons have been learned from the above, but I don't think anyone is holding their breath.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Wigan season tickets on 07:31 - Apr 5 with 7271 viewsTalkingSutty

Wigan season tickets on 01:05 - Apr 5 by pioneer

Your last sentence is relevant. I think we need a young modern thinking person to get out there with the sole purpose of increasing attendances, paid a salary with commission. Somebody with loads of energy and character and with a proven track record.

Over the years Colin Garlicks done a fabulous job for the Club and secured us plenty of money through transfer negotiations etc.It seems he's also played a pivotal role in securing the Stadium so that should be acknowledged and it's great credit to him.

He's not getting any younger and like a lot of us you can become blinkered and set in your ways, maybe now is the time to bring some young blood into the Club to help Colin and embrace the task of modern day marketing techniques. I would imagine his workload is pretty big which leaves him little time to do anything else. Colin and France's do a great job but it seems to me that we are one person short when it comes to getting out into the community and banging the drum.

We are now in League One and looking to establish the Club but the staffing levels seem to have stayed the same with just Colin and Frances filling the major day to day roles. We need a face of the Club who everybody recognises , who gets out into the community and really promotes the Club and knows how to utilise/manipulate the media to the Clubs benefit. Somebody who'se a expert in that field with a big personality.

One look at Frances job spec revealed it was a pretty impossible job for one person. You can attempt to cover all the bases but you just end up scratching the surface and not being able to properly address each particular problem. No idea if that's the case, maybe she's super woman.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2016 7:38]
Wigan season tickets on 11:39 - Apr 5 with 7118 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Wigan season tickets on 07:31 - Apr 5 by TalkingSutty

Your last sentence is relevant. I think we need a young modern thinking person to get out there with the sole purpose of increasing attendances, paid a salary with commission. Somebody with loads of energy and character and with a proven track record.

Over the years Colin Garlicks done a fabulous job for the Club and secured us plenty of money through transfer negotiations etc.It seems he's also played a pivotal role in securing the Stadium so that should be acknowledged and it's great credit to him.

He's not getting any younger and like a lot of us you can become blinkered and set in your ways, maybe now is the time to bring some young blood into the Club to help Colin and embrace the task of modern day marketing techniques. I would imagine his workload is pretty big which leaves him little time to do anything else. Colin and France's do a great job but it seems to me that we are one person short when it comes to getting out into the community and banging the drum.

We are now in League One and looking to establish the Club but the staffing levels seem to have stayed the same with just Colin and Frances filling the major day to day roles. We need a face of the Club who everybody recognises , who gets out into the community and really promotes the Club and knows how to utilise/manipulate the media to the Clubs benefit. Somebody who'se a expert in that field with a big personality.

One look at Frances job spec revealed it was a pretty impossible job for one person. You can attempt to cover all the bases but you just end up scratching the surface and not being able to properly address each particular problem. No idea if that's the case, maybe she's super woman.

Re the 3rd paragraph

The guy at Wigan looks like he has just left school, proper baby........I take your point though.
Wigan season tickets on 11:49 - Apr 5 with 7096 viewsD_Alien

Wigan season tickets on 07:31 - Apr 5 by TalkingSutty

Fully agree with your assessment of the situation, also with pioneer's.

It'd be a huge ask to attract the right person to the role you describe - which isn't to say the club shouldn't be thinking of doing so. For someone of that calibre, the opportunities to earn a lot of money elsewhere would be very tempting. A basic salary that Dale could afford wouldn't be attractive, and the incentives for increasing support might be realised only after an effort over several years - if it actually happened!

For an aspiring candidate - a dyed in the wool Dale fan for instance, who'd just graduated with a degree in marketing - all it would take would be for the manager to leave and the wrong choice made in his successor and the chances of him earning a good living are down the pan. It'd take someone pretty exceptional to take that kind of risk with their career.

For this to succeed, the club would have to be offering a competitive salary. With even young players earning around £1k a week, can the club put someone of the same age i.e. early 20's on the same salary footing? It might be better (as others have suggested) to take on someone with potential to work alongside Frances but in a learning capacity.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Wigan season tickets on 01:00 - Apr 6 with 6866 viewspioneer

Wigan season tickets on 11:49 - Apr 5 by D_Alien

Fully agree with your assessment of the situation, also with pioneer's.

It'd be a huge ask to attract the right person to the role you describe - which isn't to say the club shouldn't be thinking of doing so. For someone of that calibre, the opportunities to earn a lot of money elsewhere would be very tempting. A basic salary that Dale could afford wouldn't be attractive, and the incentives for increasing support might be realised only after an effort over several years - if it actually happened!

For an aspiring candidate - a dyed in the wool Dale fan for instance, who'd just graduated with a degree in marketing - all it would take would be for the manager to leave and the wrong choice made in his successor and the chances of him earning a good living are down the pan. It'd take someone pretty exceptional to take that kind of risk with their career.

For this to succeed, the club would have to be offering a competitive salary. With even young players earning around £1k a week, can the club put someone of the same age i.e. early 20's on the same salary footing? It might be better (as others have suggested) to take on someone with potential to work alongside Frances but in a learning capacity.

Not disagreeing with any of thesesuggestons but I dont think the basics actually need any sort of financial marketing high flyer. Lets face it if Hornets have done it I dont think its because of any marketing star...it really is common sense, it must be if multiple posters on this site have been suggesting these things for a while.

The high flying highly paid marketing position would be hopefully in addition to what ordinary everday fans can see as common sense.

I am getting nervous about the announcement on the 18th.

I hope they are reading this board and can respond to the many good suggestions that have been put forward.
Wigan season tickets on 09:50 - Apr 6 with 6780 viewsnordenblue

Wigan season tickets on 01:00 - Apr 6 by pioneer

Not disagreeing with any of thesesuggestons but I dont think the basics actually need any sort of financial marketing high flyer. Lets face it if Hornets have done it I dont think its because of any marketing star...it really is common sense, it must be if multiple posters on this site have been suggesting these things for a while.

The high flying highly paid marketing position would be hopefully in addition to what ordinary everday fans can see as common sense.

I hope they are reading this board and can respond to the many good suggestions that have been put forward.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "news" is to freeze prices and a mighty anticlimax for everyone concerned.

As many have posted on here and some brilliant ideas there really hasn't been a better time financially to actually do something radical and even take a hit for a longer term plan.

It's over to you Mr Dunphy and co
Wigan season tickets on 10:40 - Apr 6 with 6730 viewsdingdangblue

bury's frozen. And u18 £75.
Ok for the regular season ticket buyers but hardy going to gain new fans. Last seasons sales on the back of a promotion.
http://mobile.buryfc.co.uk//news/article/201617-season-tickets-3045108.aspx

We will no doubt do similar - the regulars will come back and that's it.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Wigan season tickets on 10:53 - Apr 6 with 6720 viewsColDale

Wigan season tickets on 10:40 - Apr 6 by dingdangblue

bury's frozen. And u18 £75.
Ok for the regular season ticket buyers but hardy going to gain new fans. Last seasons sales on the back of a promotion.
http://mobile.buryfc.co.uk//news/article/201617-season-tickets-3045108.aspx

We will no doubt do similar - the regulars will come back and that's it.

It has to be said that the accompanying letter is possibly the most amateurish thing I've seen in football.

* However,
Wigan season tickets on 11:08 - Apr 6 with 6701 viewsdingdangblue

Wigan season tickets on 10:53 - Apr 6 by ColDale

It has to be said that the accompanying letter is possibly the most amateurish thing I've seen in football.

* However,

Oh my lord!
Just read that. Embarrassing. Why hasn't he signed it?
Some of the away performances have really been upsetting!
Is sending an 18 year old kid to Norway's 4th division something to brag about?
[Post edited 6 Apr 2016 11:11]

Wigan season tickets on 11:18 - Apr 6 with 6681 viewsDorsetDale

Wigan season tickets on 01:00 - Apr 6 by pioneer

It's a near certainty that the date was announced well in advance so as to provoke debate here and give themselves time to make adjustments based on ideas posted on this board.

That's not a criticism, they'd simply be daft not to.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Wigan season tickets on 11:19 - Apr 6 with 6679 viewspioneer

* However,

He obviously wasn't top of his english class at school.
Wigan season tickets on 11:33 - Apr 6 with 6659 viewsdingdangblue

* However,

Why would you even mention 'upsetting away performances' ? Just mention the good cup run, Leon Clarke's goals and hopefully retaining league 1 status?
It would be like Chris Dunphy sending letters out and mentioning the disappointing 6-1 defeat to Barnsley! Bizarre.

Wigan season tickets on 11:41 - Apr 6 with 6643 views442Dale

Wigan season tickets on 11:18 - Apr 6 by DorsetDale

It's a near certainty that the date was announced well in advance so as to provoke debate here and give themselves time to make adjustments based on ideas posted on this board.

That's not a criticism, they'd simply be daft not to.

Agree on the last point. Time and again it's been said that this forum is a really useful resource to gauge fan opinion.

It's certainly not a case of people moaning to creative a negative (well not here at least!), the intention is to make things better for the club and supporters alike.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024