Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Them Up The Road...Huge Club 21:25 - May 12 with 6202 viewssP7qupUf

Average away attendances for the Championship just out. CCFC 748 which puts them third from bottom. Only MK Dons and Charlton are worse, and those two were relegated!!
Them Up The Road...Huge Club on 20:50 - May 13 with 1331 viewsplasjack

Them Up The Road...Huge Club on 20:38 - May 13 by Dr_Winston

They're a capital city in the same way as Wiesbaden and Rennes are. Poky regional administrative centres. Not proper capitals at all.

Too true Winston.
Them Up The Road...Huge Club on 22:54 - May 13 with 1251 viewsScoobyDoo

Them Up The Road...Huge Club on 19:05 - May 13 by Loyal

You couldn't say anything else, but being humble isn't your thing so please try harder.

Bud i'm really not your type, stalk someone who is. Good luck.
Them Up The Road...Huge Club on 23:01 - May 13 with 1237 viewsScoobyDoo

Them Up The Road...Huge Club on 20:38 - May 13 by Dr_Winston

They're a capital city in the same way as Wiesbaden and Rennes are. Poky regional administrative centres. Not proper capitals at all.

I see that chip on your shoulder Dr is well and truly healthy, long may it continue!
Them Up The Road...Huge Club on 23:03 - May 13 with 1230 viewsLoyal

Them Up The Road...Huge Club on 22:54 - May 13 by ScoobyDoo

Bud i'm really not your type, stalk someone who is. Good luck.

You, a Cardiff supporter, allegedly, although those that know you state you rarely go have sent me 32 more than I have sent you on a Swansea website.

Stalker ? Yes, you are well versed.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Them Up The Road...Huge Club on 23:10 - May 13 with 1216 viewsScoobyDoo

Them Up The Road...Huge Club on 23:03 - May 13 by Loyal

You, a Cardiff supporter, allegedly, although those that know you state you rarely go have sent me 32 more than I have sent you on a Swansea website.

Stalker ? Yes, you are well versed.

32 what bud ? pm's? . You're a fantasist bud, I know it, you know it, hell everybody knows it.
Them Up The Road...Huge Club on 23:33 - May 13 with 1180 viewsBigPhilG

That many, it's not a typo is it because I'm sure it was 74 they took to Middlesboro
Them Up The Road...Huge Club on 23:41 - May 13 with 1175 viewsJack1

In fairness, I think the great Vincent Tan is doing a superb job. He's trying to cut back on a reported £1m a month loss whilst ensuring they stay competitive in the championship.

The issue they have is the fanbase. Just because they are a capital city (albeit of a tiny country), many of them assume they should be much higher in the football league pyramid than they are. Truth be told, Cardiff have never been a footballing city. Like all teams, success breeds success, but the real size of a club (in my opinion) is shown when a club is struggling.

I'm sure that next season, teams like newcastle and Leeds will easily average 25k. As for the Cardiff fans, they need to be realistic..... 1 season in the top flight in god-knows-how-many-years doesn't make them great! Will the majority of them understand that? .... doubt it, which is why their delusion amuses me so much ☺
Them Up The Road...Huge Club on 06:56 - May 14 with 1128 viewsKilkennyjack

Burton Albion, we're coming for you ..........👍

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Them Up The Road...Huge Club on 09:13 - May 14 with 1047 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Them Up The Road...Huge Club on 23:41 - May 13 by Jack1

In fairness, I think the great Vincent Tan is doing a superb job. He's trying to cut back on a reported £1m a month loss whilst ensuring they stay competitive in the championship.

The issue they have is the fanbase. Just because they are a capital city (albeit of a tiny country), many of them assume they should be much higher in the football league pyramid than they are. Truth be told, Cardiff have never been a footballing city. Like all teams, success breeds success, but the real size of a club (in my opinion) is shown when a club is struggling.

I'm sure that next season, teams like newcastle and Leeds will easily average 25k. As for the Cardiff fans, they need to be realistic..... 1 season in the top flight in god-knows-how-many-years doesn't make them great! Will the majority of them understand that? .... doubt it, which is why their delusion amuses me so much ☺

It's the sense of entitlement derived from being given the capital city tag in 1955 that has really given the wannabees so many delusions on the footballing front.Why that status should make any difference at all is the real mystery here. And to be honest I think a lot of this nonsense come from their valleys support, ironically.

It's those people in the main that use that as a stick to try to beat Swans fans with but now suddenly the realization is kicking in that it's got no relation with having a successful football club . That's all down to living within your means, developing a footballing style and club ethos that will maintain an upward trajectory, consistently making the right decisions in managerial appointments/signing good technical players that don't live off past reputations and most importantly being in the right state to take advantage of the opportunities that come your clubs way (like play off finals, cup finals and top flight survival).

They've never been able to consistently make those steps and it's down to perennially poor management.
We have, although if the next owners aren't vetted properly we could go the same way.

At the end of the day Tan partly saw this but thought it was down to the kit colour. Agreed they were just another among 30 plus teams wearing blue in the country's top four leagues that make them unremarkable but changing to red made them even more unremarkable considering Liverpool , Man Utd and Arsenal wear red. If he'd have chosen purple he might have made them seem a bit unique but he missed that opportunity.

They will always be just a poor to average team that wears blue aspiring to get to the top, moribund and unremarkable. We, on the other hand are a distinct brand, recognized by our colour, club crest and recent successes not only in Europe but across the world now. We're not Real Madrid or Barcelona but we don't need to be. We're Swansea City, and I couldn't be happier.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Them Up The Road...Huge Club on 10:00 - May 14 with 1005 viewsScoobyDoo

Them Up The Road...Huge Club on 23:41 - May 13 by Jack1

Have to agree with you on most of those points mate, apart from the fact of saying one season in the top flight doesn't give you the right to have good averages, we were getting good averages before we got there, it's coming out of there the crowds have dropped, but that goes for all Welsh sport, when the National Football or Rugby sides were going through barren times there was no problem in getting tickets, different now though that they are doing well. We know that not sustaining Premier League Football that our crowds have dropped off, and all the excuses are coming out in why people are not turning up. Once the club sorts itself out (when that will be, who knows) they'll come back saying they never left! Fickle fans we got, same as any other team I guess.
Them Up The Road...Huge Club on 10:11 - May 14 with 994 viewsJack1

Them Up The Road...Huge Club on 09:13 - May 14 by Brynmill_Jack

It's the sense of entitlement derived from being given the capital city tag in 1955 that has really given the wannabees so many delusions on the footballing front.Why that status should make any difference at all is the real mystery here. And to be honest I think a lot of this nonsense come from their valleys support, ironically.

It's those people in the main that use that as a stick to try to beat Swans fans with but now suddenly the realization is kicking in that it's got no relation with having a successful football club . That's all down to living within your means, developing a footballing style and club ethos that will maintain an upward trajectory, consistently making the right decisions in managerial appointments/signing good technical players that don't live off past reputations and most importantly being in the right state to take advantage of the opportunities that come your clubs way (like play off finals, cup finals and top flight survival).

They've never been able to consistently make those steps and it's down to perennially poor management.
We have, although if the next owners aren't vetted properly we could go the same way.

At the end of the day Tan partly saw this but thought it was down to the kit colour. Agreed they were just another among 30 plus teams wearing blue in the country's top four leagues that make them unremarkable but changing to red made them even more unremarkable considering Liverpool , Man Utd and Arsenal wear red. If he'd have chosen purple he might have made them seem a bit unique but he missed that opportunity.

They will always be just a poor to average team that wears blue aspiring to get to the top, moribund and unremarkable. We, on the other hand are a distinct brand, recognized by our colour, club crest and recent successes not only in Europe but across the world now. We're not Real Madrid or Barcelona but we don't need to be. We're Swansea City, and I couldn't be happier.

I totally agree. I think that their fans are slowly realising it too. Up until a few months ago I worked in the Cardiff area. Over the last couple of years the interest levels (from the majority of them) in their football club has slowly dwindled. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024