Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£100 Half Season Tickets! 16:16 - Oct 21 with 55794 viewsAlwaysADale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-rochdale-football

Another good step - about £10 a game!
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 16:17]
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 16:52 - Dec 26 with 3063 viewsDaleiLama

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 16:36 - Dec 26 by 100notout

Well said dalei.

This has happened to my mate who comes to most games with me every season. It actually took him 3 attempts to get it - he could easily have stuck two fingers up to them but thankfully he persisted and now has one. How many others have been put off though?

Please please please will somebody let RG have a copy of this thread.

We need an Arkwright type character in the ticket office. This really beggars belief that someone turns up with £100 in their hand and they send them away!!!!!!

FFS - you should be doing every thing within your power to
a) exchange the £100 for a season ticket
b) sell them a programme
c) give them a voucher for 20% off in the clubshop
d) sell them a golden gamble ticket

Thats what Arkwright would do!

Russ - we need some Arkwrights in the ticket office!!!!!!!

^ This.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 18:05 - Dec 26 with 2919 viewsDaleFan7

I know of someone who was told they couldn't buy one today either. Safe to say he won't be buying one at all now, shame. 5 people in the ticket office, only really 2 actually 'selling' match tickets.

Everytime there's something good that comes out, it seems something so trivial happens to dampen it.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:38 - Dec 26 with 2770 viewsonedalefan

Similar happened regarding the £5 offer to a friend of mine. Due to circumstances, only got up to the ground at 1 o'clock on Friday and was told 'too late', offer closed at 12.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 00:31 - Dec 27 with 2645 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Did this not happen to North Yorks before.....I'm sure he got turned away earlier in the season?

What business can turn ANYONE away with pound notes in his hand?

San Spotty remains the Home of Tinpottery.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 09:04 - Dec 27 with 2545 viewsSaxonDale

The other day my brother tried to sort me out a 'friend for a fiver' ticket for against Chesterfield. He called up the ticket office and had the following conversation,

Brother-"Hello, can I order a ticket using the voucher in the season ticket book for the Chesterfield game please."

Ticket Office-"Yes, that's fine just pop down to the ground, show us your voucher code and we'll give you the tickets."

Brother-"I live in Birmingham so is there a chance I can purchase the ticket now, perhaps give you a voucher code and show you the voucher on purchase?"

Ticket Office-"I don't think that's possible I'm afraid."

Brother-"I'm not driving up from Birmingham just to hand over a voucher."

Ticket Office- "Oh yes, good point. The deadline is in an hour so I don't think you'd make it!"

To say she was missing the point is an understatement! Fortunately common sense prevailed and we enjoyed the great performance yesterday.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 09:17 - Dec 27 with 2519 viewsBartRowou

God help us if we get promoted.

Why can't they open the window facing the car park if it's going to be busy and just have that for fiver tickets and half season tickets? You could keep selling them till kick off and not interfere with all the other stuff.

Or, as we now own the ground, use the Hornets office?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 09:54 - Dec 27 with 2458 viewsaleanddale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 15:39 - Dec 26 by DaleiLama

Mind-bendingly, staggeringly bad. I was wondering about trying to justify buying one. Might at a stretch get to 5 home games before the end of the season so main stand price would justify it. So now all non-locals have to do is to turn up at least 3 hours before kick off. But hey, whatever's more convenient for the club? This just can't be true. No retailer could be so insensitive to the needs of it's customers surely? Two steps forward one step back. Tragic.

Agree...

But come on it's more like 10 steps forward and a half step back...

This is the Dale we would never get it 100% right first time of asking!!
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 09:58 - Dec 27 with 2449 viewsColDale

The club must ensure that the season tickets can be bought right up to kick off on Friday night. We don't want a situation where someone is forced to pay full price and then told he can come back next week to pay for the full season ticket. Equally, someone looking at paying full price on Friday might be persuaded that its worth shelling out a few more quid for the remainder of the season.
Login to get fewer ads

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 09:58 - Dec 27 with 2448 viewsWill_RAFC

We really do need to improve re: selling tickets and customer service.

Take the Barrow tickets. As there was mild panic about them selling out before yesterdays game, I took a taxi at the cost of around a Tenner and an unscheduled break from work to go up to the ground to buy my ticket on Wednesday. They have all our details - why not a simple click and collect option? How did exiles get on?

And the £5 offer was great. Not sure why we didn't just chsrge that on the door but hey ho...but why the necessity to get these before the weekend? And as with Barrow tickets....on the most busy working week for a lot of us?! I made another trip on my day off Friday after ringing round some mates to see who wanted tickets. I probably would have been able to drag some more if these offers were available on the day.

The friendlieness of the ticket office staff has improved loads, but someone needs to take them on a course entitled "the customer is always right!" And start removing the seemingly endless hurdles we have to jump to get any special offer.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:29 - Dec 27 with 2403 viewsDaleiLama

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 09:54 - Dec 27 by aleanddale

Agree...

But come on it's more like 10 steps forward and a half step back...

This is the Dale we would never get it 100% right first time of asking!!

Yes, having slept on it, you are quite correct.

Here's the rub though. CD made his rallying cry for fans to unite behind the flag, then when they respond and "pick up arms", the disconnect rears its ugly head in the form of a brick wall in the way.

There has to be joined up thinking all the way through the process, backed up by a joined up strategy. If the club is serious about increasing gates it has to maximise every single opportunity to keep the momentum going and not switch fans off again - we all know where that road leads. The definition of madness is to keep doing the same thing but expecting a different outcome. They changed the season ticket offer. Tick. Now remove the hurdles. All of them. Don't give anyone a chance to turn their back and say, "ah fvck it - I'll give it a miss".

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:44 - Dec 27 with 2419 viewsaleanddale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:29 - Dec 27 by DaleiLama

Yes, having slept on it, you are quite correct.

Here's the rub though. CD made his rallying cry for fans to unite behind the flag, then when they respond and "pick up arms", the disconnect rears its ugly head in the form of a brick wall in the way.

There has to be joined up thinking all the way through the process, backed up by a joined up strategy. If the club is serious about increasing gates it has to maximise every single opportunity to keep the momentum going and not switch fans off again - we all know where that road leads. The definition of madness is to keep doing the same thing but expecting a different outcome. They changed the season ticket offer. Tick. Now remove the hurdles. All of them. Don't give anyone a chance to turn their back and say, "ah fvck it - I'll give it a miss".

100% correct....

The rally cry from Dunphy and we got a decent response.

Friday night is a tough one will the 3100 Dale fans from Boxing Day turn out again? I don't think so not in those numbers.

Dale v Oxford on the 21st Jan will be a tough one too ( just after Christmas and before pay day ).

A good indicator will be Bristol Rovers on the 4th Feb I am hoping 3000 plus HOME fans this should be achievable if we keep moving forward on and off the pitch.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 10:55]
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 11:15 - Dec 27 with 2367 viewsLaveritty

Perhaps someone from the club could possibly explain the reasons for this inflexibility when it means turning away paying customers. It really does defy logic to turn people away when they are willing to part with cold hard cash (or a swipe of a credit card maybe)! No doubt the official line will be because the ticket office is otherwise too busy with matchday ticket sales but if, as was alleged, there were 3 staff not actually doing so, surely one of them could have processed a different type of ticket sale. The whole process would probably only have taken a few minutes? Team Rochdale will only continue to thrive if we remove niggling little obstacles like this!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 11:37 - Dec 27 with 2326 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 11:15 - Dec 27 by Laveritty

Perhaps someone from the club could possibly explain the reasons for this inflexibility when it means turning away paying customers. It really does defy logic to turn people away when they are willing to part with cold hard cash (or a swipe of a credit card maybe)! No doubt the official line will be because the ticket office is otherwise too busy with matchday ticket sales but if, as was alleged, there were 3 staff not actually doing so, surely one of them could have processed a different type of ticket sale. The whole process would probably only have taken a few minutes? Team Rochdale will only continue to thrive if we remove niggling little obstacles like this!

As previously said, we don't want reasons not to do things, we want change

I don't want to hear they're too busy - I want to hear they're going to make provisions which match the rhetoric of the chairman in his Christmas message

Chris Dunphy, Russ Green, ARE YOU LISTENING?

[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 11:42]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 11:50 - Dec 27 with 2286 viewsDorsetDale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 11:37 - Dec 27 by D_Alien

As previously said, we don't want reasons not to do things, we want change

I don't want to hear they're too busy - I want to hear they're going to make provisions which match the rhetoric of the chairman in his Christmas message

Chris Dunphy, Russ Green, ARE YOU LISTENING?

[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 11:42]

Been mulling this thread over and trying to think of reasonably thought out reasons for this mess from a club perspective.

I can't!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 11:58 - Dec 27 with 2269 views442Dale

There was a move to reduce congestion around the main ticket office back in October:

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/new-matchday-ticket-collec

They have used the outside window before, why not now for half ST?

No other question needs answering really.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:31 - Dec 28 with 2034 viewsmandale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 09:58 - Dec 27 by ColDale

The club must ensure that the season tickets can be bought right up to kick off on Friday night. We don't want a situation where someone is forced to pay full price and then told he can come back next week to pay for the full season ticket. Equally, someone looking at paying full price on Friday might be persuaded that its worth shelling out a few more quid for the remainder of the season.

Official website provides link to buy half season ticket online, but can't buy them online as Select options are greyed out...
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:32 - Dec 28 with 1949 viewshildale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:44 - Dec 27 by aleanddale

100% correct....

The rally cry from Dunphy and we got a decent response.

Friday night is a tough one will the 3100 Dale fans from Boxing Day turn out again? I don't think so not in those numbers.

Dale v Oxford on the 21st Jan will be a tough one too ( just after Christmas and before pay day ).

A good indicator will be Bristol Rovers on the 4th Feb I am hoping 3000 plus HOME fans this should be achievable if we keep moving forward on and off the pitch.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 10:55]

Personally, I am hoping that the Brizzle game is well attended as I am sponsoring a home match for the first time !! And I am spreading the love by bringing 10 mates up with me from deepest Hertfordshire for their first ever experience of the COA or Spotland as they know it!! A mixture of Arsenal, West Ham, Spurs & United fans......Give them a taste of real football, real fans and real hospitality......well thats the plan.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:43 - Dec 28 with 1922 viewsYorkshire_Dale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:32 - Dec 28 by hildale

Personally, I am hoping that the Brizzle game is well attended as I am sponsoring a home match for the first time !! And I am spreading the love by bringing 10 mates up with me from deepest Hertfordshire for their first ever experience of the COA or Spotland as they know it!! A mixture of Arsenal, West Ham, Spurs & United fans......Give them a taste of real football, real fans and real hospitality......well thats the plan.

Good stuff.......we just need a few hundred more of a kindred spirit to sponsor our games.

Hope it goes well.......let us know how you fare?
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:52 - Dec 28 with 1903 viewshildale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:43 - Dec 28 by Yorkshire_Dale

Good stuff.......we just need a few hundred more of a kindred spirit to sponsor our games.

Hope it goes well.......let us know how you fare?

Thank you I will do

I've supported the club since I was 13, despite living 200 miles away and am now privileged enough to be in the position to put a little something back into the club I have loved for 40 years. Cant wait for the 4th but lots of games to watch before then!!

Up the Dale
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:54 - Dec 28 with 1899 views100notout

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:32 - Dec 28 by hildale

Good on you Hildale

I hope you and your mates / guests have a fantastic day

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 15:41 - Dec 28 with 1837 viewsDaleDave

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:31 - Dec 28 by mandale

Official website provides link to buy half season ticket online, but can't buy them online as Select options are greyed out...

Same thing happened to me, had to tweet them to figure out you need to sign up for an account then sign in before the right button appears. The rest of the online process is just as bad!

Told them this was unintuitive a couple of weeks ago, really dissapointed it's not been fixed and is clearly causing others trouble too. If it's happened to both of us how many have been put off buying them because of the shoddy website?
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 18:43 - Dec 28 with 1644 viewsKenBoon

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 15:41 - Dec 28 by DaleDave

Same thing happened to me, had to tweet them to figure out you need to sign up for an account then sign in before the right button appears. The rest of the online process is just as bad!

Told them this was unintuitive a couple of weeks ago, really dissapointed it's not been fixed and is clearly causing others trouble too. If it's happened to both of us how many have been put off buying them because of the shoddy website?

I think calling it shoddy is a bit harsh as its certainly a lot better than most over clubs. From what I can see there's two issues. First is the lack on instruction about needing an account before you can purchase, and you need a separate fan account for each ticket. The second is the "Please update your flash player and try again" error, which actually is nothing to do with Flash and actually just the data is taking longer than expected, so they've added this message where it assumes a long wait is down to Flash rather than just a lot of data being returned slowly. If you wait eventually the message vanishes. I guess a third issue is the seat selection uses Flash which won't work on every platform, although I think the Quick Seats option will still let you book. Oh a fourth would be having to guess if the office has put a space in your postcode, because when logging in it'll fail if you guess wrong.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:53 - Dec 28 with 1518 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 18:43 - Dec 28 by KenBoon

I think calling it shoddy is a bit harsh as its certainly a lot better than most over clubs. From what I can see there's two issues. First is the lack on instruction about needing an account before you can purchase, and you need a separate fan account for each ticket. The second is the "Please update your flash player and try again" error, which actually is nothing to do with Flash and actually just the data is taking longer than expected, so they've added this message where it assumes a long wait is down to Flash rather than just a lot of data being returned slowly. If you wait eventually the message vanishes. I guess a third issue is the seat selection uses Flash which won't work on every platform, although I think the Quick Seats option will still let you book. Oh a fourth would be having to guess if the office has put a space in your postcode, because when logging in it'll fail if you guess wrong.

In other words, pretty rubbish, by 2016 standards

Just think about what happens when someone (as most do) visits a retail website. 3 or 4 clicks and you're done

Someone asked has anyone else given up - yes. Went to see my sister just before Xmas, her son was home for the holiday - born & bred in Rochdale, lives in London and supports Sheffield Wednesday (don't ask!) They went online to try to get tickets for the main stand for Boxing Day, but gave up after a few attempts. (My nephew has a first in Maths from Imperial College.)

I said they'd probably get in by pay-on-the-day, except neither carry much cash around with them. They didn't go. The impression is the club just really don't care about taking money off people. I'd really like to hear from the club that they're prepared to get the ticket website and matchday ticket arrangements sorted so that no-one, ever, gets put off from spending money at the Dale

Until that happens, the fine messages coming from the chairman are pretty empty, and it pains me to say that

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:16 - Dec 28 with 1468 viewsKenBoon

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:53 - Dec 28 by D_Alien

Just think about what happens when someone (as most do) visits a retail website. 3 or 4 clicks and you're done

Someone asked has anyone else given up - yes. Went to see my sister just before Xmas, her son was home for the holiday - born & bred in Rochdale, lives in London and supports Sheffield Wednesday (don't ask!) They went online to try to get tickets for the main stand for Boxing Day, but gave up after a few attempts. (My nephew has a first in Maths from Imperial College.)

I said they'd probably get in by pay-on-the-day, except neither carry much cash around with them. They didn't go. The impression is the club just really don't care about taking money off people. I'd really like to hear from the club that they're prepared to get the ticket website and matchday ticket arrangements sorted so that no-one, ever, gets put off from spending money at the Dale

Until that happens, the fine messages coming from the chairman are pretty empty, and it pains me to say that

The entire set up is outdated, but that's mostly because our turnstiles aren't electronic so rely on paper tickets and someone checking them. The website needs a friendly front page, better instructions and that blasted Flash update 'error' fixing because that's a legitimate system breaker. If those are fixed then it does a good job. The quick seats feature is really good and fast. Let's be honest though, we're not set up to want people to buy using this. The fees ensure pre-booking is always more expensive, there's no print at home/e-ticketing and the queues to pick up will almost always be longer than at the turnstiles. When we do have legitimate need for online ticketing, like having an away game where demand will outstrip supply and we want to give season ticket holders priority, it isn't used.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:17 - Dec 28 with 1465 viewsBigDaveMyCock

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:53 - Dec 28 by D_Alien

I'm trying to make my mind up which is worse:

(i) the club's inadequate web booking facililites; or
(ii) someone with a first from Imperial College unable to work out that he needs to go to a cash machine.

Sad, sad story all round really. This country eh?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024