Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Powell 13:36 - Nov 8 with 8607 viewsYorkRanger

Apparently also now in the mix and being interviewed.
Chris Powell on 15:24 - Nov 8 with 2186 viewsconnell10

Chris Powell on 15:21 - Nov 8 by DannytheR

Dave Mc pretty categorical about us and Powell. The club "won't appoint another black manager."

I'm sure a few people will be delighted to get "their" club back.

If thats really how some of our fans feel i find that disgusting i really do and a real bloody shame!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Chris Powell on 15:24 - Nov 8 with 2184 viewsstevec

Dave Mc pretty categorical about us and Powell. The club "won't appoint another black manager."

raayyyyyciiiiissssttttt
Chris Powell on 15:24 - Nov 8 with 2179 viewsPinnerPaul

as Les is black, our CEO American and all our owners are not English, not sure how Dave Mc can come up with that nonsense.
Chris Powell on 15:27 - Nov 8 with 2159 viewsdaveB

Chris Powell on 15:24 - Nov 8 by PinnerPaul

as Les is black, our CEO American and all our owners are not English, not sure how Dave Mc can come up with that nonsense.

It's not nonsense. If the next manager is black plenty are going to say he only got the job due to his skin colour so I'd be very surprised if they go down that road.

Skin colour shouldn't matter but you only have to listen to comments around Loftus Road from fans and on things on social media to know it is a big issue still
[Post edited 8 Nov 2016 15:28]
Chris Powell on 15:30 - Nov 8 with 2126 viewsconnell10

Chris Powell on 15:27 - Nov 8 by daveB

It's not nonsense. If the next manager is black plenty are going to say he only got the job due to his skin colour so I'd be very surprised if they go down that road.

Skin colour shouldn't matter but you only have to listen to comments around Loftus Road from fans and on things on social media to know it is a big issue still

As i said mate a real shame that skin colour has to come into it!

Chris Powell on 15:49 - Nov 8 with 2044 viewsPinnerPaul

Chris Powell on 15:27 - Nov 8 by daveB

Sorry Dave,

Have to disagree big time with you here.

Because some fans think there is a race agenda, the club should acknowledge that and worse, appease that faction of fans?

That's (almost) as bad as the racist opinions themselves!
Chris Powell on 15:55 - Nov 8 with 2022 viewsdaveB

Chris Powell on 15:49 - Nov 8 by PinnerPaul

Sorry Dave,

Have to disagree big time with you here.

Because some fans think there is a race agenda, the club should acknowledge that and worse, appease that faction of fans?

That's (almost) as bad as the racist opinions themselves!

If Powell was the outstanding candidate then he'd get the job but he's not so if he got the job the questions would be asked
Chris Powell on 15:57 - Nov 8 with 2009 viewsbrad

i think hes a good steady candidate......he would be better than jfh and chris ramsey......but i dont think he would get it....to me its either tim or ollie..
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Powell on 16:02 - Nov 8 with 1971 viewsQPR_John

Chris Powell on 15:24 - Nov 8 by connell10

If thats really how some of our fans feel i find that disgusting i really do and a real bloody shame!

No its the way DannytheR would like to think some of ours fans feel
Chris Powell on 16:13 - Nov 8 with 1918 viewsshedhateruk

so because someone is black.and i dont like him,im a a racist utter bollox
Chris Powell on 16:14 - Nov 8 with 1910 viewsDannytheR

Chris Powell on 16:02 - Nov 8 by QPR_John

Bang to rights, John. And Dave Mc only said that publicly to help back me up.

Keep it to yourself but Bill Power is in on it too.
Chris Powell on 16:15 - Nov 8 with 1903 viewsQPR_John

Chris Powell on 16:14 - Nov 8 by DannytheR

Bang to rights, John. And Dave Mc only said that publicly to help back me up.

Keep it to yourself but Bill Power is in on it too.

Now who is slagging off Bill Power
Chris Powell on 16:18 - Nov 8 with 1887 viewsPinnerPaul

Chris Powell on 15:55 - Nov 8 by daveB

If Powell was the outstanding candidate then he'd get the job but he's not so if he got the job the questions would be asked

That's subtly different to your first response.

You didn't say if Powell is the next manager questions will be asked, you said if next manger is black questions will be asked and Dave Mc implies the same thing.

If best candidate is black, yellow or purple for that matter we should appoint him - its quite simple, anything else IS wrong!
Chris Powell on 16:23 - Nov 8 with 1863 viewsTacticalR

Chris Powell on 16:18 - Nov 8 by PinnerPaul

You didn't say if Powell is the next manager questions will be asked, you said if next manger is black questions will be asked and Dave Mc implies the same thing.

If best candidate is black, yellow or purple for that matter we should appoint him - its quite simple, anything else IS wrong!

I think we should draw the line at purple candidates

Air hostess clique

Chris Powell on 16:28 - Nov 8 with 1827 viewsconnell10

Chris Powell on 16:23 - Nov 8 by TacticalR

I think we should draw the line at purple candidates

A good bit of humour mate just at the right time , before this thread gets to bogged down! Well done sir!

Chris Powell on 16:29 - Nov 8 with 1639 viewsdaveB

Chris Powell on 16:18 - Nov 8 by PinnerPaul

I agree anything else is wrong but thats not the world we live in and I think if we hire Powell this time when there are arguably better candidates available, Ferdinand will be heavily accused of only bringing him in as he is black and I think the club want to avoid that sceanrio
Chris Powell on 17:02 - Nov 8 with 1531 viewsThGrimRanger

Chris Powell on 16:29 - Nov 8 by daveB

I agree anything else is wrong but thats not the world we live in and I think if we hire Powell this time when there are arguably better candidates available, Ferdinand will be heavily accused of only bringing him in as he is black and I think the club want to avoid that sceanrio

you say better candidates but the 3 things any potential manager will want to know is...

a) what LF's brief
b) whether there's money available for players in Jan.
c) how much they'll get paid

if they don't like the answer to those questions then they stop becoming candidates

TheGrimRanger

Chris Powell on 17:09 - Nov 8 with 1502 viewsFDC

Chris Powell on 16:02 - Nov 8 by QPR_John

Mate, come on. You've only got to look at the QPR Wall widget on the right-hand side of the home page of this forum. Comments like:

glennz_
@glennoconnell1
Chris Powell would be Les Ferdinands best choice. And we all know why that is...⚫️⚫️ #qpr #justsaying

To pretend that there aren't racist undertones to some of our supporters' comments is simply wrong (or overtly racist in this case)
Chris Powell on 17:11 - Nov 8 with 1487 viewsdaveB

Chris Powell on 17:02 - Nov 8 by ThGrimRanger

you say better candidates but the 3 things any potential manager will want to know is...

a) what LF's brief
b) whether there's money available for players in Jan.
c) how much they'll get paid

if they don't like the answer to those questions then they stop becoming candidates

If they don't like the answer to those questions then we probably don't want them
Chris Powell on 17:35 - Nov 8 with 1413 viewsQPR_John

Chris Powell on 17:09 - Nov 8 by FDC

Mate, come on. You've only got to look at the QPR Wall widget on the right-hand side of the home page of this forum. Comments like:

glennz_
@glennoconnell1
Chris Powell would be Les Ferdinands best choice. And we all know why that is...⚫️⚫️ #qpr #justsaying

To pretend that there aren't racist undertones to some of our supporters' comments is simply wrong (or overtly racist in this case)

Its not the message, if QPR fans are a cross section of society some must be racist, its the way it Is expressed I find irritating. Apologises if I have misunderstood but I find it disturbing that you suggest I am overtly racist
[Post edited 8 Nov 2016 17:36]
Chris Powell on 17:46 - Nov 8 with 1380 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chris Powell on 16:29 - Nov 8 by daveB

No chairman or dof in history has been criticised for appointing three white candidates in a row - even though most clubs have never appointed anything but. Proud that we are one of the very, very few clubs to buck that ugly trend.
Agree Powell probably not the best choice though. Like him, mind - and a QPR fan, too.

Bare bones.

Chris Powell on 17:57 - Nov 8 with 1337 viewsqpr85

The reason David mc is going on about getting our club back and saying it's due to racism harks back to his piece about Ramsey's face not fitting in.
This has come about due to the so called "qpr fans" banging on about Sir Les and Co looking after "each other"
I honestly don't believe he believes we as fans are racist he is speaking directly to the racist who contact him on twitter.

We all know that twitter gives the ignorant a platform don't let them drag this website down as well.
Chris Powell on 18:00 - Nov 8 with 1332 viewsDorse

Chris Powell's main problem is that the QPR Chant Committee (est. 2015) have only really got 'Towel' or 'Bowel' to work with. You just can't argue with facts like that.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Chris Powell on 18:22 - Nov 8 with 1288 viewsdaveB

Chris Powell on 17:46 - Nov 8 by Antti_Heinola

No chairman or dof in history has been criticised for appointing three white candidates in a row - even though most clubs have never appointed anything but. Proud that we are one of the very, very few clubs to buck that ugly trend.
Agree Powell probably not the best choice though. Like him, mind - and a QPR fan, too.

your right and it is a ridiculous situation but I can't be the only one who has seen these kind of comments on social media about Ferdinand
Chris Powell on 18:36 - Nov 8 with 1244 viewsFDC

Chris Powell on 17:35 - Nov 8 by QPR_John

Its not the message, if QPR fans are a cross section of society some must be racist, its the way it Is expressed I find irritating. Apologises if I have misunderstood but I find it disturbing that you suggest I am overtly racist
[Post edited 8 Nov 2016 17:36]

I was referring to that tweet not you mate.

You're right of course, but that's different to insisting that there isn't a racist undertone to a lot of the aggro thrown at Les.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024