Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FIFA 14:50 - Nov 23 with 3321 viewsBrighouseDale

Now "investigating" supporters wearing poppies. I don't wear one myself but this is bonkers. How can you prevent a supporter displaying political logos and the like on their clothing? Are they just trying to stop people going to international games altogether?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38077727

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

FIFA on 14:57 - Nov 23 with 3310 viewsDaleiLama

Begs the question "what would they do with a bung in a brown paper bag decorated with poppies"? Don't see that being banned.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

FIFA on 15:29 - Nov 23 with 3259 viewsBrighouseDale

I wonder how many yanks were wearing "Make America Great Again" t-shirts at the Mexico game.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

FIFA on 15:32 - Nov 23 with 3250 viewsDaleiLama

FIFA on 15:29 - Nov 23 by BrighouseDale

I wonder how many yanks were wearing "Make America Great Again" t-shirts at the Mexico game.

Most of them stood on bricks outside watching for free. Sure those bricks will come in handy one day .............. ?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

FIFA on 16:53 - Nov 23 with 3153 viewsMorden

Actually I thought the original argument (poppies on the players’ shirts) was faintly ridiculous. The ruling by FIFA was silly to start with, but then everyone else tried to out-silly them. Everybody got bounced into the idea that these foreigners were again telling us Brits what to do. The teams did it because they were told not to.

It wouldn’t really have mattered if the players didn’t wear the poppy. It wouldn’t have insulted anybody if they hadn’t. There is nothing stopping the players wearing a poppy if they want at any time other than an officially organised event.

But this is another level of silly. Are FIFA going to make the stadia staff check everyone for a potentially political symbol?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024