Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hendo 19:03 - Nov 23 with 3461 viewsgeraldo

With the form that Davies and NML are in is there a place for Hendo? Certainly when he came on in the last two games he didn't pull up any trees.
Without him in the team we play much quicker and more direct. Camps looks fantastic in centre midfield and is rarely caught in possession. I also cannot see Davies giving up on taking penalties.
Hendo on 19:09 - Nov 23 with 3442 views442Dale

There's no place for Davies at the moment either! In the last two games pressuring teams without really playing a centre forward is caused the opposition all sorts of problems, with Davies then coming on later on to finish off the job.

I though Henderson looked much better last night playing in a wide position, we've established midfield doesn't suit him one bit at the moment.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hendo on 19:09 - Nov 23 with 3433 viewsdingdangblue

Davies isn't starting either!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hendo on 19:20 - Nov 23 with 3394 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Of course there's a place for Hendo........the lad's still in his prime.

Hilly just waiting for the opportunity.......he will have his Day.
Hendo on 19:34 - Nov 23 with 3352 viewsD_Alien

Yes, there's a place for Hendo - in the squad. Everyone should be judged on their current capabilities and form, and the OP is right in that he's no longer the automatic choice of a couple of years ago. If he can adapt to the pace we're playing at and not become disillusioned at not being the top dog any more, he'll continue to be a real asset.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hendo on 19:52 - Nov 23 with 3297 viewsShun

Agreed with most of the comments in this thread, but I think Henderson's looked impressive when he's come on the past two games. It might just be our dominance in the past two matches but he seems to be getting into shooting areas a lot more. He almost scored last night and had 3 or 4 good chances against Swindon.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2016 22:28]
Hendo on 19:58 - Nov 23 with 3271 viewsrich_dale

The great thing now is that everyone's been playing their part when they've had the chance, and the squad seems really strong at the moment with quite a few options, even with players out injured.
Hendo on 20:58 - Nov 23 with 3128 viewsDaley_Lama

I think Davis may be a starter on Sat, experienced etc, away games being tougher than home games. Hendo possibly too, but less likely I think given the way the wide players are playing.

Having said that, I gave up second guessing Hilly teams a long long time ago.

Poll: DF in or out

Hendo on 21:08 - Nov 23 with 3105 viewsNigeriamark

Hendo on 19:20 - Nov 23 by Yorkshire_Dale

Of course there's a place for Hendo........the lad's still in his prime.

Hilly just waiting for the opportunity.......he will have his Day.

He may need to focus more on earnings as a footballer soon. The USA are cracking down hard on Homeopathic products, herbal remedies etc. Not sure how many HerbalLife ones will be affected but it seems that around 90%+ of these type of products will be classed as junk or having no evidence.

Good news for us then
Login to get fewer ads

Hendo on 22:56 - Nov 23 with 2939 viewsolympicdale

There is always a place for Hendo, he hasn't been anywhere near his usual form of late, but there's no denying his class. There aren't many better substitutes in this division to bring on than Hendo.

Life is a game of fate.

Hendo on 00:37 - Nov 24 with 2854 viewsborntogo

He's been poor in both games he's come on as a substitute, doing his usual headless chicken routine, then missing a couple of sitters. He was once one of our best players but now he's about 23rd.
Hendo on 09:11 - Nov 24 with 2660 views1907

Hendo on 00:37 - Nov 24 by borntogo

He's been poor in both games he's come on as a substitute, doing his usual headless chicken routine, then missing a couple of sitters. He was once one of our best players but now he's about 23rd.

I remember people saying the same sorts of things about Gary Jones when Jason Taylor and Jason Kennedy played CM in his absence, he came back and scored a hatful of goals in L1 and JT ended up in non league. Hendo has been an unbelievable player for us, through our greatest ever period. He's no angel by any means but people should show him a little bit of respect and trust in him to achieve the heights of success he has shown to be capable of. We're in a period of transition and I'm sure there will be a place for Hendo.
Hendo on 10:49 - Nov 24 with 2537 viewsborntogo

Hendo on 09:11 - Nov 24 by 1907

I remember people saying the same sorts of things about Gary Jones when Jason Taylor and Jason Kennedy played CM in his absence, he came back and scored a hatful of goals in L1 and JT ended up in non league. Hendo has been an unbelievable player for us, through our greatest ever period. He's no angel by any means but people should show him a little bit of respect and trust in him to achieve the heights of success he has shown to be capable of. We're in a period of transition and I'm sure there will be a place for Hendo.

He's had plenty of 'respect' and opportunities. He's been mediocre, at best, for the last two seasons but has stayed in the team regardless. He's an accident waiting to happen (hence two consecutive dismissals for puerile kick-outs last season), struggling in a division that is palpably too demanding of him now he's passed his prime, whatever herbal potions he spouts on about in his annoying New Age fashion.
Hendo on 10:51 - Nov 24 with 2535 viewsDaley_Lama

You forgot to have a go at his haircut.

Poll: DF in or out

Hendo on 11:03 - Nov 24 with 2513 viewsDaleiLama

Not to mention his drink habit **** stop press ***** Hendo seen in the evening with a drink in his hand in his own time when he was injured.

Hmmmmm. Player being injured and working to get back to full fitness. Makes you think a bit and gives some context to performances? Lets judge him when he's back to full fitness. Better still, let's let Keith judge him? He is our manager after all.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hendo on 11:09 - Nov 24 with 2497 views1907

Hendo on 10:49 - Nov 24 by borntogo

He's had plenty of 'respect' and opportunities. He's been mediocre, at best, for the last two seasons but has stayed in the team regardless. He's an accident waiting to happen (hence two consecutive dismissals for puerile kick-outs last season), struggling in a division that is palpably too demanding of him now he's passed his prime, whatever herbal potions he spouts on about in his annoying New Age fashion.

"He's been mediocre at best for the past two seasons"

2 seasons ago he finished as one of the top scorers in the division, he had an average sort of hit and miss season last year. However both of those divisions were two of our most successful seasons in the clubs history and hendo played a massive part in both.
Hendo on 12:46 - Nov 24 with 2366 viewsboromat

I can see Davies and Hendo coming into the side when we need a change of approach. An away trip to Gillingham might be when it's required. Davies is in great form and deserves a start when the tactics allow for it. Walsall and Swindon were similar style of teams and the tactics and line up worked equally as well against both.

As for Hendo I think he's looked sharp and got into good positions. He should have had 3 goals from his two sub appearances. Once he scores one he'll be scoring for fun just not getting the rub of the green at the minute.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Hendo on 12:49 - Nov 24 with 2361 viewsTVOS1907

Hendo on 10:49 - Nov 24 by borntogo

He's certainly not as good as that Hery chap, is he?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Hendo on 14:06 - Nov 24 with 2265 viewsolympicdale

Hendo on 12:46 - Nov 24 by boromat

I can see Davies and Hendo coming into the side when we need a change of approach. An away trip to Gillingham might be when it's required. Davies is in great form and deserves a start when the tactics allow for it. Walsall and Swindon were similar style of teams and the tactics and line up worked equally as well against both.

As for Hendo I think he's looked sharp and got into good positions. He should have had 3 goals from his two sub appearances. Once he scores one he'll be scoring for fun just not getting the rub of the green at the minute.

The chance he had against Walsall would have been one of the goals of the season, if it wasn't for a great save from their keeper.

Life is a game of fate.

Hendo on 14:50 - Nov 24 with 2213 viewsBendy

It's funny as how some see Hendo as a weak link. Arguably he is one of the main reasons why we finished the last couple of seasons in the top half of League One, and without him we would have been probably in a relegation scrap when you consider the link play as well as his goals. Two seasons ago he was one of the top scorers in the divison. Last season he was a bit hit or miss, but that wasn't helped by the injuries he had which in turn were not helped by us having to rush him back or getting him to play through them because we had not real alternatives. If this was last season he probably would have started both of the last two games. This season there was no need to.

I will concede that he is no longer an automatic pick, but this is a good thing as rather than his abilities having dropped it is because his rivals for the shirt have all increased theirs.

So I think he will still be an important member of the team, and still one of the most experienced. Although perhaps he shouldn't take quite as many penalties now
Hendo on 15:10 - Nov 24 with 2181 viewsaleanddale

Agree Hendo not an automatic starter anymore.

Anybody can see he is not at 100% at the moment.

He is class though and worth watching.. Still one of my favourites and a 95% Hendo in a Dale shirt will do me.

Think he will score on Saturday even if from the bench.

Integral part of the team for sure just needs his icing and cherry back.
Hendo on 20:35 - Nov 24 with 2013 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

I think the thing we have learned (or been educated on) this season is that anyone of our squad can come in and do a great job.

Knowing when and where to play them is where I feel Hilly has gone from being a great manager to a fooking brill one.

The difference between our best and worst player is the finest margine it has ever been IMO.

Happy days.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024