Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
mo barrow up front 18:57 - Dec 5 with 6130 viewsspiderboy

could be an interesting one,like sh"t off a shovel!could cause a riot between the mackems centre backs,play siggy where hes best,routledge delivering the ball for mo and siggy to latch on to.3pts in the bag .could be up to 18th come sat night!
mo barrow up front on 23:54 - Dec 5 with 1041 viewsMurph75

mo barrow up front on 23:52 - Dec 5 by spiderboy

but we havnt..so you said,go back to sq 1

Hence lets rewind.......etc

Honestly if you think playing Barrow upfront is a good option then great. It's your opinion to which I disagree.

I really have no idea what you see in Barrow that makes you think he's good enough to be in the match day squad let alone play up front.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2016 23:57]
mo barrow up front on 00:02 - Dec 6 with 1032 viewsspiderboy

mo barrow up front on 23:52 - Dec 5 by spiderboy

but we havnt..so you said,go back to sq 1

would go 4 3 2 1 myself
mo up front,behind would be siggy fer
then cork fulton routs
then at the back in front of fab take your choice,
3pts dead cert!
mo barrow up front on 00:04 - Dec 6 with 1028 viewsMurph75

mo barrow up front on 00:02 - Dec 6 by spiderboy

would go 4 3 2 1 myself
mo up front,behind would be siggy fer
then cork fulton routs
then at the back in front of fab take your choice,
3pts dead cert!

Lol, I'll buy you a pint or 3 to celebrate if it happens.

Interestingly I've checked the relegation odds and we're 4th favourites to go down with many bookies. They've got Hull, Burnley and Sunderland before us.

Seems they have more faith than a lot of us do right now.
mo barrow up front on 00:09 - Dec 6 with 1022 viewsspiderboy

mo barrow up front on 00:04 - Dec 6 by Murph75

Lol, I'll buy you a pint or 3 to celebrate if it happens.

Interestingly I've checked the relegation odds and we're 4th favourites to go down with many bookies. They've got Hull, Burnley and Sunderland before us.

Seems they have more faith than a lot of us do right now.

we,r all for swans.same club,same hopes.same dreams
mo barrow up front on 00:10 - Dec 6 with 1015 viewsMurph75

mo barrow up front on 00:09 - Dec 6 by spiderboy

we,r all for swans.same club,same hopes.same dreams

On that I completely agree.
mo barrow up front on 00:22 - Dec 6 with 1002 viewsbuilthjack

mo barrow up front on 23:16 - Dec 5 by Kerouac

Ha Ha!
Fair point
BUT what we are doing isn't working. Barrow isn't just quick, he's quick by Prem standard.
I can easily see Llorente playing him in OR laying it off to Siggy who plays the boy in.
His pace is electric.

Why don't we just sign Usain Bolt ?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

mo barrow up front on 06:54 - Dec 6 with 935 viewslonglostjack

mo barrow up front on 00:22 - Dec 6 by builthjack

I wouldn't put it past the new owners.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

mo barrow up front on 07:13 - Dec 6 with 930 viewsKerouac

mo barrow up front on 00:22 - Dec 6 by builthjack

Why don't we just pay off Barrow and Montero (as they are so useless according to so many)?
We don't need any pace in the team do we...and we don't need to change anything do we...let's just plough on whingeing and moaning as we go....wallowing in our own misery...until that time machine is invented.

Fukking hell we're a bunch of losers.
Those poor fukking players playing in an atmosphere befitting an outdoor afternoon performance of Shakespeare, a bunch of lilly livered miserable tvvats in the stands hoping to be entertained but resigned to their fate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Login to get fewer ads

mo barrow up front on 07:43 - Dec 6 with 918 viewsswan65split

Feck me whoever thought Curt would play as a striker!
mo barrow up front on 07:55 - Dec 6 with 910 viewsMurph75

mo barrow up front on 07:43 - Dec 6 by swan65split

Feck me whoever thought Curt would play as a striker!

He's a bit old now.
mo barrow up front on 08:15 - Dec 6 with 898 viewsswan65split

mo barrow up front on 07:55 - Dec 6 by Murph75

He's a bit old now.

in the mid 70s he was a left winger going no where except to Ferndale, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,hes now a Club legend, as it is with what we have , and the Premierships Kevin Cullis in charge, its worth a shot.......................more than what we had on Saturday!
mo barrow up front on 09:41 - Dec 6 with 860 viewsjasper_T

mo barrow up front on 23:20 - Dec 5 by spiderboy

so tell me the answer to the equation maestro,if we can accommodate your ideas and still stay up I,l send you an easter bonnet

Serious answer this morning:

4-3-3

The West Ham game at the end of last season was the best football we've played for a long time. No Ash, no Gylfi, we battered them and scored 5 goals (1 o.g. to be sporting).

The wingers played higher up the park, were allowed to drift narrow, and did less tracking back than normal. This gave much more to worry about than our normal striker plus Gylfi setup (or just Gylfi alone).

The outside three in midfield were similarly allowed to drift, with Ki taking up fantastic positions for at least two of our goals, and Fer had a good game too iirc. They didn't have to track as many runners with Cork holding, and with the extra man could rotate as needed, pushing out to support the full-backs defensively.

I really thought that was how Guidolin was going to try setting us up going forward.

Fabianski
Naughton vdH Amat ???
Ki(Fer) Cork(Britton) Gylfi
??? Baston Routledge

Baston is the closest we've got to what Ayew offered as a centre forward (and should turn out better if his history and transfer value mean anything). Can't play on top on his own, but very few players can. Get the wingers up and beyond him so he can drop in, dragging centrebacks and rejoin play in the box (as his did for Celta/Michu did for us).

Gylfi can be asked to play a role more similar to his Iceland job, but with the additional man in support and a little more freedom to drift. I'd put him on the same side as Routledge as Wayne is the only one making runs for Gylfi's flicks and killer balls. He's our best player but doesn't work on the wing, and at the moment I don't think having him as a 10 makes the squad better either.

The kids play closer to this style already with great success, Dan James and Owain Jones tear teams up from the wings. McBurnie is like Baston in that he's not going to win games on his own but he links up really well when he has runners, and knows where the goal is.
mo barrow up front on 12:36 - Dec 6 with 814 viewsA_Fans_Dad

mo barrow up front on 09:41 - Dec 6 by jasper_T

Serious answer this morning:

4-3-3

The West Ham game at the end of last season was the best football we've played for a long time. No Ash, no Gylfi, we battered them and scored 5 goals (1 o.g. to be sporting).

The wingers played higher up the park, were allowed to drift narrow, and did less tracking back than normal. This gave much more to worry about than our normal striker plus Gylfi setup (or just Gylfi alone).

The outside three in midfield were similarly allowed to drift, with Ki taking up fantastic positions for at least two of our goals, and Fer had a good game too iirc. They didn't have to track as many runners with Cork holding, and with the extra man could rotate as needed, pushing out to support the full-backs defensively.

I really thought that was how Guidolin was going to try setting us up going forward.

Fabianski
Naughton vdH Amat ???
Ki(Fer) Cork(Britton) Gylfi
??? Baston Routledge

Baston is the closest we've got to what Ayew offered as a centre forward (and should turn out better if his history and transfer value mean anything). Can't play on top on his own, but very few players can. Get the wingers up and beyond him so he can drop in, dragging centrebacks and rejoin play in the box (as his did for Celta/Michu did for us).

Gylfi can be asked to play a role more similar to his Iceland job, but with the additional man in support and a little more freedom to drift. I'd put him on the same side as Routledge as Wayne is the only one making runs for Gylfi's flicks and killer balls. He's our best player but doesn't work on the wing, and at the moment I don't think having him as a 10 makes the squad better either.

The kids play closer to this style already with great success, Dan James and Owain Jones tear teams up from the wings. McBurnie is like Baston in that he's not going to win games on his own but he links up really well when he has runners, and knows where the goal is.

This makes sense, especially the bit about the under 23s, they are playing the "Swansea way" and winning.
mo barrow up front on 12:38 - Dec 6 with 813 viewsA_Fans_Dad

mo barrow up front on 22:54 - Dec 5 by Murph75

We've got two proven goal scorers sat on the bench. Barrow has barely created anything all season, I can't see it changing by shifting him inside.

What "two proven goal scorers sat on the bench", unless you mean outside the Prem. Neither of them have matched Fer and Sigi for goals this season, although Baston would have a bit of trouble as he has hardly played.
mo barrow up front on 12:39 - Dec 6 with 813 viewsMurph75

mo barrow up front on 12:36 - Dec 6 by A_Fans_Dad

This makes sense, especially the bit about the under 23s, they are playing the "Swansea way" and winning.

I'd love to see a glimpse of Dan James and Owain Jones in the 1st team. Can not be any worse than we've currently got.
mo barrow up front on 12:41 - Dec 6 with 811 viewsMurph75

mo barrow up front on 12:38 - Dec 6 by A_Fans_Dad

What "two proven goal scorers sat on the bench", unless you mean outside the Prem. Neither of them have matched Fer and Sigi for goals this season, although Baston would have a bit of trouble as he has hardly played.

Proven as in Baston hitting double figures in a struggling La Liga side and the small matter of world cup/European championship winning ex Juventus striker Llorente.

Lets not quibble about semantics as I've not got the inclination to do so.

[Post edited 6 Dec 2016 12:43]
mo barrow up front on 13:18 - Dec 6 with 786 viewsLegend83

Barrow has been dining out on that exquisite turn against West Ham last season which set up his assist for Ki's goal (to be fair, it was the best trick I had seen from a Swans player since Trundle).

Since then, he has flattered to deceive and I think we all agree he is lacking a football brain. It's also hard not to agree he has some talent and utterly ridiculous pace, as evidenced by that video.

We can't place all the blame at his door, he needs to be coached effectively and be used in game properly i.e. running in behind the defence, rather than just being passed the ball on the touchline and being expected to do something from nothing from a standing start.

We could all see glimpses of improvement under FG's stewardship so it's not impossible.

I have largely given up on him given he is now heading to mid-20s and still not performing consistently - but I also recognise that a young Ryan Giggs would look shite in this current team.
mo barrow up front on 14:47 - Dec 6 with 761 viewsFlashberryjack

mo barrow up front on 19:41 - Dec 5 by Jackfath

Wasn't everyone saying Routlege is gash a few weeks ago?

He was gash last week, and the week before. the week before that, the week before that, the week before that, the week before that, the week before that, the week before that, the week before that, the week before that, the week before that, the week before that, the week before that, the week before that, the week before that, the week before that, the week before that.

And he'll be gash next week, the only thing in his favour is, he's slightly less gash than the other bags of sh*te that are rbbing a living at our club.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

mo barrow up front on 09:26 - Dec 7 with 694 viewsjasonbromham

Tbf Barrow was a striker before he arrived and once again converted to a winger. Barrow is sadly better than the other 3 wingers in the first team but it doesn't say much. Give the U23's a chance.
mo barrow up front on 09:44 - Dec 7 with 683 viewsLeonWasGod

He still seems confused by the role we've been asking him to play for the last 3 years. I suspect introducing something different might be too much for the fella.
mo barrow up front on 10:27 - Dec 7 with 671 viewsKerouac

mo barrow up front on 08:15 - Dec 6 by swan65split

in the mid 70s he was a left winger going no where except to Ferndale, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,hes now a Club legend, as it is with what we have , and the Premierships Kevin Cullis in charge, its worth a shot.......................more than what we had on Saturday!

Exactly.

Leon was a no.10 when he joined. We started him out on our right wing...where he was effective (in L2). Martinez converted him to an anchor man as he had the attributes to help our team from that position. Worked a treat.

Other examples (just from recent history);

Dobbie was a striker who did best for us as the attacking midfielder.

Gower was a winger who excelled as a playmaker in central midfield. When we got to the Prem he stepped back further and played as a defensive midfielder.

Tate signed as a centre-half but played everywhere. I remember in particular a period where he did a very good job for us at left-back.

Chico had played at right-back in a few games for his Italian club and had played exclusively at right-back for the Spanish club he was on loan at just before he signed for us as a centre-back. The media in Spain had praised his performances at RB as well.

Michu was a midfielder who scored a bucket load of goals for us up front.

Bony started out as a CB in youth team football before somebody somewhere realised he had all the attributes to play as an effective target man up front.

Gary Speed was one of the best, most consistent centre midfielders in the Prem...but he played 2/3 seasons as a left-back for Wales BECAUSE THAT'S WHERE WE NEEDED HIM TO PLAY.

Gareth Bale was a young left back who was converted to be one of the World's best wingers, on either wing. Wales asked him to play up front and now he's one of the World's best strikers and possibly the World's best player.

....and we all know that list could go on and on.

Anyway, it doesn't matter what you or I think. What Bob thinks is the only thing that counts....and if he is reading this I urge you Bob to give it a whirl, try something different.

Barrow is one of our few players that has a physical attribute which gives him an advantage over his opponents.
We have to find a way of exploiting this more effectively.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2016 10:29]

mo barrow up front on 10:45 - Dec 7 with 657 viewsjack247

His only real attribute is pace. The best place to exploit that is out wide. If he had the speed of thought to make clever runs for Siggy to feed him, or was strong enough to battle with centre backs, it may be an option. I think he would be pretty easy to defend again to be honest though, especially if he was up front on his own.
mo barrow up front on 10:57 - Dec 7 with 646 viewsKerouac

mo barrow up front on 10:45 - Dec 7 by jack247

His only real attribute is pace. The best place to exploit that is out wide. If he had the speed of thought to make clever runs for Siggy to feed him, or was strong enough to battle with centre backs, it may be an option. I think he would be pretty easy to defend again to be honest though, especially if he was up front on his own.

Ian Rush's only attribute was his pace over 10-30 yards. Likewise Andy Cole.
What else do these 2 have in common?
That's right, they scored shed loads of goals.

Thierry Henry was a winger with lots of pace going nowhere...Wenger found a way of exploiting that pace. Henry was 23/24 at the time of the switch.

mo barrow up front on 11:00 - Dec 7 with 642 viewsjasper_T

mo barrow up front on 10:57 - Dec 7 by Kerouac

Thierry Henry was a winger with lots of pace going nowhere...Wenger found a way of exploiting that pace. Henry was 23/24 at the time of the switch.

Barrow's as one-dimensional as your posting.

He's not a good enough footballer for his pace to be a genuine weapon at this level. Stick him in League Two or whatever pub league you played in and it's a different story.
mo barrow up front on 11:03 - Dec 7 with 637 viewsLeonWasGod

mo barrow up front on 10:57 - Dec 7 by Kerouac

They all had other attributes. Barrow hasn't looked the slightest bit clinical in front of goal to me. But he did have a good record for a season in Sweden - maybe that was just because of the easier level, who knows.

Sit deep and hit on the break though...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024