Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
biggest need in January? 23:59 - Dec 11 with 3442 viewsnyc_swans

some may have said new central defenders, but i'm of the opinion that bob needs to create a partnership with the players he has and stick with it.

i think a new creative player, most likely a wing who can cross the ball and a new right back.

thoughts?
biggest need in January? on 00:35 - Dec 12 with 3384 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Agree 100% about the CB's. Alfie has a ton of promise. Amat makes a lot of mistakes IMO but he puts forth the effort and is good most of the time. And VDH, while a little slow, has looked pretty good to me apart from the Spurs disaster.

We could always use improvement at every position of course, but CB is 4th on my priority list below 1) a creative wing, 2) a back (either left or right, but preferably someone who is comfortable playing either side), and 3) more help in the central MF.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

biggest need in January? on 00:43 - Dec 12 with 3373 viewsLeonWasGod

Depends. Of genuine quality, I'd take anyone in any position. But we won't pay for quality or can't seem to spot a hidden gem.

Still think we need to help Siggy out by signing a good winger/second forward who can create and score. A Mane-type player.

And if a decent experienced CB was out there, I wouldn't say no. Same with a midfield general. Or a full back. Quality needed all over the park imo.
biggest need in January? on 01:43 - Dec 12 with 3327 viewsDyfnant

Defensive midfield.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

biggest need in January? on 06:54 - Dec 12 with 3224 viewsDewi1jack

We needed a RB to allow Angel to be a 'bit-part' squad player a few windows ago, due to the lads age not his heart and pride to play for the club.
Could really do with wingers who can cross when flat out running and who can come back and make tackles when necessary. And maybe a defensive midfielder to come off the bench and help us see games out instead of the Korean Beckham.

Biggest need though.
Get rid of the greedy sellout b'stards from the directors box home or away.
In fact get rid of them out of the club totally

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

biggest need in January? on 09:18 - Dec 12 with 3086 viewsHeadmaster

We desperately need an experienced CB, make no mistake. Also a left and right back, midfielder, and a winger.
biggest need in January? on 10:05 - Dec 12 with 3023 viewstheloneranger

biggest need in January? on 09:18 - Dec 12 by Headmaster

We desperately need an experienced CB, make no mistake. Also a left and right back, midfielder, and a winger.

Ashley Cole training at Chelsea while the American leagues take a break

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

biggest need in January? on 10:05 - Dec 12 with 3023 viewsThornburyswan

For me :-

1. A leader on the pitch, probably at CB but could be a defensive/holding midfielder.
2. Right sided winger/creative player - not convince by Barrow, I'd be a strong seller @ the £8/10M that was being 'reported' a couple of weeks back.

In the summer we need 2 new full backs IF we stay up.
biggest need in January? on 10:30 - Dec 12 with 2986 viewsLegend83

Saturday's team was the best we have and all because it included the highest % of our squad that can play the ball on the deck quickly.

Rangel
Britton
Ki
Dyer
Siggy
Routledge
Llorente
Fulton
Mawson (potentially)
Taylor (when the above are playing - it is no coincidence he had his best game in a while)

are the players I would say fit the mould of The Swansea Way and that was evident on Saturday.

Cork
Fer
Naughton
VdH
FF

are those players who are either too ill-discipline or slow of thought and deed. Fair play to Fer for his goals but he is not a long-term player for the Swans. These all need replacing.

Barrow / Montero stay as pure pace can be such a weapon.

So new RB, new CM, new CB, new creative Mid.
Login to get fewer ads

biggest need in January? on 10:42 - Dec 12 with 2968 viewsmagicdaps10

We 100% need a commanding centre half and a footballing holding Midfielder.

I believe we have enough out wide and up top with what we already have.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

biggest need in January? on 11:13 - Dec 12 with 2923 viewsGriffting

Who could come in that is experienced in the premier league and a leader at the back, and obviously not playing a part in another team or being someone we are willing to pay for?? Damien Delaney?? Don't think hull would sell Curtis Davies.
biggest need in January? on 11:16 - Dec 12 with 2917 viewsjasper_T

Our centreback options are leagues better than our fullback options.

At least one fullback and at least one winger needed asap.
biggest need in January? on 11:23 - Dec 12 with 2908 viewsdameedna

Schneiderlin, Silva, Coutinho

mmm
biggest need in January? on 14:16 - Dec 12 with 2731 viewsyescomeon

Winger like Routledge, but that is actually able to execute the ideas he gets on the pitch.

Upthecity!

biggest need in January? on 14:35 - Dec 12 with 2704 viewsicecoldjack

We all know whats needed but while the owners invest?

We haven't improved the team for 2 yrs will we suddenly start chucking money at it now?

I can see Baston and Ki out the door in january and us spending some of the cash on more lucky dip type signings.
biggest need in January? on 16:22 - Dec 12 with 2619 viewsgolly47

In terms of a full back, I really like the look of Callum Paterson. A few clubs want him.

Poll: What was worse?

biggest need in January? on 17:21 - Dec 12 with 2551 viewsHugeEnkins

Just stumbled across this link for a winger...

http://sportwitness.co.uk/swansea-make-enquiry-ligue-1-winger-contract-situation
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024