Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matty 21:50 - Dec 12 with 3207 viewslove_the_dale

There was a question on University Challenge tonight about the surname Lund. I must admit I was half asleep and didn’t take too much notice, but you know how it is. One thought leads to another, and the next thing you are googling the name ‘Lund’. There I found on wiki that it is a Scandinavian name, and an extensive list of people called Lund, none of whom I have heard of, except for one, viz Matthew Lund. The next click, I was on to his wiki page.

Reading this, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matty_Lund, what an untold, but imagined, story of persiverance and self-belief! How many times must the guy have wondered if he was going to get a good go with a football league club? How must he have felt when he finally found someone to fully believe in his ability? Or was it that he was still going through a natural develoment? How lucky is it for Rochdale AFC that he found a manager three years ago to give him the opportunity that he must have wondered if he was ever going to get? How must he have felt when he finally got an international cap for his country?

On reflection, there are eight million stories like this in The Naked City. This has been one of them.

Time to complete my sleep, I think.
Matty on 16:44 - Dec 17 with 2697 viewsaleanddale

University challenge and a hat trick all in the same week!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024