Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad review so far....honest assessment 22:59 - Dec 14 with 2506 viewsyogibear_412

Fab - for me he's not done much wrong this season considering the utter shambles in front of him.
Nordfelt - can't comment much - hardly played.

Naughton - spurs reject and not a First xi prem player
Rangel - great servant, love him to bits but hiding to nothing away from home.

Fernandez - promised much but just struggles in this league.
Amat - for me no more than back up - better distribution but is shaky
VDH - Ajax reject - not good enough in this league
Mawson - the replacement for a national and team captain - what a step up to make - not good enough yet

Leon - class player for us and integral to the way we play. Simple.
Cork - Southampton reject and now showing why - got more reverse gears than an Italian tank.
Fer - a reject by anybody that has been relegated - fits and starts but not a starting Prem player
Ki - dunno what he did on national service but he's been awful this season

Barrow - even he must pinch himself how well he's done coming from Sweden - needs to produce more.
Routledge - frustrating player who wouldn't get into another prem teams starting xi
Montero - inconsistent and only appears to play decent stuff from the bench
Dyer - how on earth did they extend his contract for 4 years.
Fulton - can't fault his work rate - has the quality? not so sure.

Siggy - where would we be without him. Doubt we'd have any points without him

Llorente - can score but requires quality service, otherwise he's anonymous.
Borja - still undecided - has he really had time? Not been backed by management
Mcburnie - yes the u23 league is just like the prem. let him develop and play him in cups.

So as you can see the squad which mr Jenkins and co built is pretty Sh1t....the same squad guidolin said he was happy with, the same sort of squad which wasn't good enough last season (even with Williams and ayew)

The honest assessment is we need to strengthen everywhere and that just ain't happening. I'd like to thank the scouting team and the board for building a team worse than the one which got us promoted and for £ucking up every transfer window since laudrup left.

Squad review so far....honest assessment on 23:03 - Dec 14 with 2486 viewsSmellyplumz

In a nut shell

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Squad review so far....honest assessment on 23:13 - Dec 14 with 2449 viewsawayjack

Balanced assessment. I'd add old guard like Leon and Rangel can sadly only do 50-60 minutes and perhaps a little more positive about Fer and Fulton. Just shows how poor our recruitment has been as bar Siggy and Fabs, no squad member would start in any other premier league team, and that includes Hull, Burnley and Sunderland.
Squad review so far....honest assessment on 14:02 - Dec 15 with 2254 viewsWandererJack

FABIANSKI - Good Premier League goalkeeper. Makes the odd mistake but saves us more often that not. Can't pin the high amount of goals conceded on him.
NORDFELT - Seems ok when he we've seen him.

All is well in the Goalkeeping dept in my opinion.

NAUGHTON - Mediocre. Capable of putting in a decent cross a few times a season but all too often gets beaten by opposition wingers and fails to stop crosses.
RANGEL - Still impressive going forward despite being in the twilight of his career. Leaves space in behind for opposition to attack. Great servant and the effort is always there.

So we need a new right back.

TAYLOR - He always give every effort however he lacks the football intelligence and ability for the Premier League. Poor going forward, doesn't stop crosses, gets beaten regularly and makes a lot of costly decisions. He is solid Championship-level full back.
KINGSLEY - He is a decent young player but for our current plight, I don't think we can risk playing him over Taylor. Could come good but Ben Davies was clearly a lot better when he broke into the team.

We need a new left back.

FERNANDEZ - Looked classy in his first season next to Ash but has gone to pot in the last 18 months. Has ability but mentally he is probably not up to it. Makes poor decisions so often that i couldn't justify his place in the team if I was manager. I would sell in the summer and replace.
AMAT - I had high hopes for Amat and I definitely think there is a player there somewhere. He is extremely rash though and is struggling without an experienced centre half alongside him. I really think that Amat and Ash together would have been a good pairing this season.
VDH - A tough one. He has seemed excellent in some games then very poor in others. His distribution is not up to scratch and we seem to lose possession when he launches the ball up the field.
MAWSON - Plenty of promise. He looks confident on the ball and his a big lad so will be able to compete physically. From what I've seen he looks talented. Inexperienced though and would have benefitted from being placed next to a season campaigner. I was at West Brom last night and the players were walking off - he turned around, rounded them up and led them towards the away fans. That did impress me.

We need to swap Fernandez for a quality centre half and play Mawson or Amat next to him. I'm leaning toward Mawson.

BRITTON - one of the most underrated footballers I can think of. He was and still is our heartbeat. He needs to play when he can. He should have been replaced by 2016 but it's a difficult task to replace him with our stingy budget. We player better football with Leon Britton in the team.
CORK - I was hoping he would be Leon's replacement but isn't in the same class. Gives his all but I don't every think we need Cork in the team. I'm unsure what he adds.
FER - The only good bit of business the club did in the summer. Gets slated on here and sometimes deservedly but has contributed in goals and when he's on form, has a real impact in central midfield. Plays well for three games then goes missing for three games. I think he's better with no defensive responsibilities but isn't as good as Gylfi so can't avoid them.
KI - Classy player in possession or when we're winning but not a player that can stamp his authority. Should have sold to Stoke and bought Allen.
FULTON - Willing to tackle and pulls of the occasional good forward pass. Not the complete package yet but I hope he does well.

Midfield - Needs a player in Jan to get us through this season and massive work in the summer.

BARROW - He is dangerous and scares full backs with his pace. Lacks a final piece of quality when he gets into good positions. Needs to play for me because he pushes the opposition backline back 5 yards and always carries a threat.
ROUTLEDGE - The one winger who ha some intelligence. This season his body hasn't been able to pull off what his brain his telling him to do. Gives the ball away cheaply frequently but his defensively responsible. A poor season so far from Routledge unfortunately.
MONTERO - Impact player. I'm fuming with him after last night.
DYER - The most bizarre contract extension I've seen. Good servant but we should have moved him on.
GYLFI - Our best player by far. Great set piece delivery. Sometimes tries too much but we would be lost without him. A class act and we are extremely lucky to have him. He could be the difference between relegation and survival. When he has a poor game (like last night) we rarely get points.

LLORENTE - Not the most mobile or dynamic of forwards. Holds the ball up very well, rarely gives the ball away. Our attacking of set pieces has improved considerably since he's arrived. A good finisher too. A good centre forward overall. He is let down by a criminal lack of service. How many times does he win a header and there is no Swans player within 20 yards of him?
BORJA - Who knows? He has hardly played so it's really hard to judge. From what I've seen he is always looking to make runs into space behind the opposition defence. Seems to come deep and wide a lot, maybe he currently lacks the discipline to wait in central positions or is trying to impress when he gets some game time. I have no doubt that he will put away chances should they arise.
MCBURNIE - I have no opinion. Does well for the youth team but no idea if he's good enough for the first eleven.

I think our strikers are the least of our worries.

If I was Jenkins then I would look for a centre half, midfielder and winger in January then, should we survive, two new full backs, another midfielder and an extra striker in the summer.
Squad review so far....honest assessment on 14:11 - Dec 15 with 2231 viewsyescomeon

Need to replace, Naugthon (unless he drops to backup), Rangel (age), Fernadez, Leon (age), Cork, Fer, Ki, Barrow, Montero, Routledge and Dyer. I'd add Taylor to that list too. We quite urgently need a left back a right wing and a midfielder in the Joe Allen mould.

Upthecity!

Squad review so far....honest assessment on 01:28 - Dec 16 with 2031 viewsWanderer

Nobody has mentioned a new manager, I am under whelmed by BB.
Squad review so far....honest assessment on 03:09 - Dec 16 with 2007 viewsTNT

Squad review so far....honest assessment on 01:28 - Dec 16 by Wanderer

Nobody has mentioned a new manager, I am under whelmed by BB.

I, too, am underwhelmed by BB, but also by most of our players and have to agree with the observations of others in this thread.

I am sometimes overwhelmed by Leon and Siggy.

For a few, if there is such a word as 'whelmed', well I'm just whelmed.

Lots to address.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Squad review so far....honest assessment on 10:50 - Dec 17 with 1771 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It's rare Fabianski goes a week without conceding at least one goal where he probably could have done better.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Squad review so far....honest assessment on 12:52 - Dec 21 with 1655 viewsWandererJack

Squad review so far....honest assessment on 10:50 - Dec 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It's rare Fabianski goes a week without conceding at least one goal where he probably could have done better.

Nah.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024