Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Ki to the rest of the season? 04:15 - Dec 16 with 2973 viewsnyc_swans

bare with me here...

now some of you may have noticed that Oscar is about to be off to China for 60M. Oscar only has 1 year left on his contract, too. Huw NEEDS to know how much they are willing to pay for not world class players.

reports have stated that Ki is of interest to at least a couple of the super-rich Chinese clubs. Ki is a unique player because he is the darling of South Korea, has found success in the premier league, and has 2 years left on his contract.

it's not inconceivable that clubs could be willing to spend 20-30M for Ki. if that were to happen, the club would have a warchest for January. they could bring in a few players not quite in the bargain bin.

will Huw actually push a hard bargain here? now, that's the tricky part. but i think a big money move for Ki to China could really help to inject the club with players capable of keeping the team up.

am i wrong?
The Ki to the rest of the season? on 06:49 - Dec 16 with 2894 viewsshandyjack

Yes

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Ki to the rest of the season? on 07:27 - Dec 16 with 2848 viewsBanosPerth

"Bare with me" ? I'd prefer to bear with you mate, let's keep this site legal shall we ...
The Ki to the rest of the season? on 08:10 - Dec 16 with 2769 viewsScotia

I think any move for Ki would boost the club. He has gone backwards on the pitch and really doesn't look like he wants to be here.

If we could get even half that for him I'd take him there myself on a rickshaw.
The Ki to the rest of the season? on 08:19 - Dec 16 with 2755 viewsdameedna

It is a good point no idea if he is in demand in China.
Is he?
The Ki to the rest of the season? on 09:18 - Dec 16 with 2653 viewsLeonWasGod

The Ki to the rest of the season? on 08:19 - Dec 16 by dameedna

It is a good point no idea if he is in demand in China.
Is he?

There's been a bit of interest apparently. Any decent money and he'll be gone. I doubt we'd reinvest it though.
The Ki to the rest of the season? on 09:20 - Dec 16 with 2651 viewsheadcleaner

Lets be honest here if anyone comes in with a bid of over 2 million there will be no hard bargaining from Spew Jenkins as he will bundle him off to the East on the first bid. Spew has no track record for driving a hard bargain or getting the deal he wants.

It's a lovely idea getting 30 mill for Ki but lets not kid ourselves - truth is 3 mill is more likely
The Ki to the rest of the season? on 09:30 - Dec 16 with 2636 viewsLeonWasGod

The Ki to the rest of the season? on 09:20 - Dec 16 by headcleaner

Lets be honest here if anyone comes in with a bid of over 2 million there will be no hard bargaining from Spew Jenkins as he will bundle him off to the East on the first bid. Spew has no track record for driving a hard bargain or getting the deal he wants.

It's a lovely idea getting 30 mill for Ki but lets not kid ourselves - truth is 3 mill is more likely

Turned down £7m from Stoke for him.
The Ki to the rest of the season? on 09:35 - Dec 16 with 2622 viewsexiledinenglandjack

I think we can realistically get around 20/25m mark. If you look at some of the previous transfers over there i.e the ramires deal i think he'd be worth the same. Not saying he is the same level of player as Ramires but purely for commercial value.
Login to get fewer ads

The Ki to the rest of the season? on 10:12 - Dec 16 with 2558 viewsymaohyd

As bad as things seem, we are just 2 points off where we were last season at this point. Not that last season is a great bench mark, however, in the end we stayed up comfortably.

Personally I'd be rid of Bob and (if it could be done) bring Allardyce in. Assuming that Bob is here for the long run, then the key to the rest of the season is: IMO

1. Work prudently in the transfer market, by prudently I mean in the region of a net spend of £10 mill.

2. Get rid of Dyer and one of Barrow or Monterro. I had high hopes for both, however neither are the types of players needed in a basement battle. Free up the wages and bring in two wingers who specifically are adept at crossing the ball. I'd get rid of Routs as well, however we are unlikely to be able to release 3 players and Routs is at least robust.

3. Bring in an alternative type forward. At the moment we have 'finishers' bring in someone to run at defences. If Dyer doesn't go, give him a go down the middle in certain situations. E.g. West Brom, if we had stayed at 1-0, 10 mins to go put Dyer on. Who else have we got at the moment? Baston is almost like for like with Lloriente, just more mobile. Putting Cork on chasing a game?!

3. We played well the other night and maybe not far off getting there. Let's stick with a settled side. Leon every game. Stick with the current back 4. They'll get there.

4. Further players to get rid of Fernández and Ki. Do we bring in another centre half as a leader, yes possibly, however once again we are changing things too often. We have to find consistency with the defence and midfield hub which I think we are doing well over the last two games. It's out wide and up front we need to be creative in the transfer market. Against West Brom we played well created overlaps however the delivery from out wide for PL players was shocking.

As bad as the defence seems I honestly think with confidence well be OK, however we just won't score the other end to relieve pressure.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The Ki to the rest of the season? on 11:06 - Dec 16 with 2478 viewsShonky

20m for ki ???

Its just a ride...

The Ki to the rest of the season? on 11:14 - Dec 16 with 2465 viewsyescomeon

We need a full back either side and a winger either side most urgently, slightly less urgently a midfielder and a centre back. I'd sell Montero (I'd get rid of Dyer but I assume he is untouchable) and get a right sided winger in. I'd sell Taylor too if possible and bring in a left back, if we are buying quality I would assume that would be the majority of the war-chest gone on those two players. If we could sell Ki for decent money, then good player to link the defence and attack would be what I would go for, along with a right sided winger, another good one too, I'd consider selling Barrow too to get one. That would leave centre back and right back. I think Naughton is alright, better than Talyor but not much, could scrape by for the rest of the season with him and Rangel, same with centre back. If we wanted to strengthen I think we would have to offload Fernadez, which I would be only too happy to do.

Who to bring in? I've got no idea, Tom Carrol in the midfield would be good imo. Brady on the left wing would be good also. Love to see Charlie Daniels come in for left back but probably not realistic. Right wing I like the look of Snodgrass, certainly an improvement on Routledge/Barrow. Centre back/right back, wouldn't have a clue. Given our possition, I think we will have to look to be getting players from the Championship or can't get a game at other prem teams.

Upthecity!

The Ki to the rest of the season? on 11:58 - Dec 16 with 2412 viewsdameedna

Could probably allow good deals for 5 or 6 players to the tune of 30 million plus in January. 5 or 6 players out and 3 in to replace Williams, Shelvey and Ayew.
The Ki to the rest of the season? on 14:19 - Dec 16 with 2298 viewsAussieSwan

It'd give us the 10 million we need to sign Tom Carroll and then a hefty new year bonus for the board

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

The Ki to the rest of the season? on 17:31 - Dec 16 with 2188 viewslondonlisa2001

To be fair, the notion that it's 'not inconceivable that a club might pay £20m - £30m for Ki' has made me laugh quite a lot.

I can only imagine that there is a second Ki floating about somewhere.

That would be up there with them selling London Bridge when the purchasers thought they were getting Tower Bridge.
The Ki to the rest of the season? on 17:41 - Dec 16 with 2168 viewsWarwickHunt

The Ki to the rest of the season? on 11:58 - Dec 16 by dameedna

Could probably allow good deals for 5 or 6 players to the tune of 30 million plus in January. 5 or 6 players out and 3 in to replace Williams, Shelvey and Ayew.

It worked well when we got £40m for Ayew, Shelvey and Ash - oh, hang on...

Edit: 20m for Ki? Turkish lira?
[Post edited 16 Dec 2016 17:42]
The Ki to the rest of the season? on 18:08 - Dec 16 with 2137 viewsRancid

10 million would seem about right.Let's do it.

Ki in a relegation dogfight...No thanks
The Ki to the rest of the season? on 18:18 - Dec 16 with 2108 viewslonglostjack

The Ki to the rest of the season? on 18:08 - Dec 16 by Rancid

10 million would seem about right.Let's do it.

Ki in a relegation dogfight...No thanks

10 million would be OK as long as it doesn't simply end up contributing to the "investor's" return on their "investment " .
[Post edited 16 Dec 2016 18:19]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Ki to the rest of the season? on 18:24 - Dec 16 with 2097 viewsRancid

The Ki to the rest of the season? on 18:18 - Dec 16 by longlostjack

10 million would be OK as long as it doesn't simply end up contributing to the "investor's" return on their "investment " .
[Post edited 16 Dec 2016 18:19]

Of course.And we'd struggle to spend 10 million in Januaryy anyway unless someone else takes the reigns.
The Ki to the rest of the season? on 19:10 - Dec 16 with 2047 viewslonglostjack

The Ki to the rest of the season? on 18:24 - Dec 16 by Rancid

Of course.And we'd struggle to spend 10 million in Januaryy anyway unless someone else takes the reigns.

Too true.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Ki to the rest of the season? on 19:54 - Dec 16 with 1988 viewsPozuelosSideys

People underestimating the value of Ki here. Particularly in regards to the stupid money Chinese clubs are throwing around. Suspect hed be a target for some, especially given hes one of the top APAC players. If his agent gets a sniff of a decent deal, im sure calls would be made

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024