Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reactionary postings. 17:28 - Jan 14 with 3301 viewsJackfath

Saying Cork should not play.
Saying Huw should resign.
Saying Clement is having no say.
Etc etc.

Its all too easy to say these things and others on here after we've been tonked. How about suggesting sensible alternatives?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Reactionary postings. on 19:43 - Jan 14 with 1261 viewsnyc_swans

"reactive"is the word you are looking for, not "reactionary"
Reactionary postings. on 19:49 - Jan 14 with 1215 viewsSTID2017

Reactionary postings. on 19:40 - Jan 14 by jack247

Fer can't defend.

Not to say Cork is anything other than a limited player who knows where he would be and what he should be doing and works hard. I don't think he is quite up to standard, we need to improve from outside the squad, because we don't have the quality within it.

Neither can Cork - he just undermines the little confidence the team had and ends up putting the ball in his own net

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Reactionary postings. on 20:02 - Jan 14 with 1177 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Reactionary postings. on 17:33 - Jan 14 by STID2017

Sensible idea - give Cork a free transfer.
Play Fer in his place. At least he can pass the ball forward and gets stuck in.
Cotk should be ashamed of his performance today. Broke down every attack we had.
I felt that way when it was 1 - 0 in the first half and we were still in with a chance

absolutely no way Fer should be anywhere near CDM - he is AM at best

look at his demeanor, lack of tracking intent and poor fitness
Reactionary postings. on 20:02 - Jan 14 with 1177 views3swan

Just got back, so tired and not settle yet, but this is the first thread I've read.

!st half I thought we did ok, and there was much more of a team performance to watch. Poor goal to give away and yet to see it again but thought a penalty all day. (Replay could prove me wrong)

2nd half - the multi million gap in class showed, but did need two own goals to give them the upper hand. We ran out of steam and their desire in 50/50 showed how physically weak our players are when it comes to body strength.

Today only again highlighted how poor things have been run the last couple of years. The players tried but especially the second half fell well short.

One last observation which has already been talked about. Cork, kept trying but is a championship player, as his thought reaction is not up to Prem standard. This isn't meant to pick him out especially, but thought this was more a game suited for Leon. Is he injured or just a tactical decision?
Reactionary postings. on 20:09 - Jan 14 with 1123 viewsjack2jack

Reactionary postings. on 17:45 - Jan 14 by Pacemaker

I actually saw some improvement in the side but you can't get away from the fact we are short on confidence and quality, we looked more organised but our first half exertions resulted in us being over run in second half.

I still think we are going down, but we could make a fight of it.

Mawson looks up for it just needs a bit of experience.

That just about sums it up for me too,although I think Clement obviously needs more time to stamp his mark on the team, my only fear is that we need more quality in midfield, and our defence is not up to standard by a long way,like Mawson but he needs time, and an experienced head next to him.Arsenal just walked the second half,and we seemed to be blowing a bit,is our fitness suspect?There are certainly some players that need to take along hard look at themselves, either that or they are just not up to standard,I know it was Arsenal, but we still have some tough matches to come,it didn't look good does it.We certainly need a 90minute performance every game otherwise it's curtains.
Reactionary postings. on 20:13 - Jan 14 with 1107 viewsjack247

Reactionary postings. on 19:49 - Jan 14 by STID2017

Neither can Cork - he just undermines the little confidence the team had and ends up putting the ball in his own net

He isn't great at all. I'd only play him or Leon as the deepest midfielder from our current squad though. I'd put practically everyone in that position ahead of Fer.

Neither of them are really the answer.
Reactionary postings. on 20:19 - Jan 14 with 1059 viewsjackrabbit

Reactionary postings. on 17:40 - Jan 14 by londonlisa2001

Most of the reactionary postings have come from that moron Dwight though. Someone who has the dubious distinction of being even more bloody childish and stupid now than he was before he went to 'university'.

Anyway, back to the game, we were transparently comprehensively outplayed by a team that is stuffed with quality where it matters.

We are stuffed with a lack of quality where it matters. Having said that, at least today we saw some drive, organisation and urgency. In games under Bradley we had the same lack of quality and no drive or urgency either. And we didn't get an ounce of luck either. The penalty shout was a 50:50, but there is no doubt that it would have been given at the other end. And the two own goals
were unlucky as well. Not to say that they didn't deserve the 4 goal victory, because they cruised through the match. But the sucker punches did kill us.

We are desperate for some midfield strength, and a genuine threat up front. Siggy was awful again.
Llorente showed little (although he was better than Borja). No quality out wide, and Ki and Cork are powder puff. We also need to get in an experienced centre half.

It'll be interesting to see if we bring in anybloan players as I think we have to in order to have any chance, although I still can't believe we have such a slight gap at the bottom after the season we've had to date. It's almost unbelievable we are not completely adrift.

I agree with all that Lisa apart from your criticism of Ki who I thought was our one bit of class in midfield today - always making room for himself probing and using the ball intelligently. I like Ki's unhurried style on the ball. Oh yes, he made some bad passes and was caught in possession a few times but in general he was one of the Premier class players on the field for the Swans.

Swans problem can be summed up in a few words - no penetration and no finishing ability, ie nobody can shoot.
Reactionary postings. on 20:30 - Jan 14 with 1029 viewsStrikeout

You know what? We will stay up. There are 3 other poor teams around us who will go down. Now that's a fecking good reaction. Shape up jacky. You give up too easy.
Login to get fewer ads

Reactionary postings. on 20:54 - Jan 14 with 957 viewsskippyjack

Reactionary postings. on 20:19 - Jan 14 by jackrabbit

I agree with all that Lisa apart from your criticism of Ki who I thought was our one bit of class in midfield today - always making room for himself probing and using the ball intelligently. I like Ki's unhurried style on the ball. Oh yes, he made some bad passes and was caught in possession a few times but in general he was one of the Premier class players on the field for the Swans.

Swans problem can be summed up in a few words - no penetration and no finishing ability, ie nobody can shoot.

Yep.. that's the problem.. scoring goals mun.. never mind the 3+ a game we're conceding on a consistent basis..

But it's our inability to put the ball in the net that's the issue.

Ever considered any psychiatric advice?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Reactionary postings. on 21:00 - Jan 14 with 933 viewsBloodyhills

Finishing is also problem though. We often start well with decent possession and crisp passing but lack quality in our final ball and finishing and then fall for a sucker punch, or two or three or four.

However, we need a centre back and defensive midfielder, both natural leaders, most of all.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Reactionary postings. on 10:51 - Jan 15 with 788 viewsjackrabbit

Reactionary postings. on 20:54 - Jan 14 by skippyjack

Yep.. that's the problem.. scoring goals mun.. never mind the 3+ a game we're conceding on a consistent basis..

But it's our inability to put the ball in the net that's the issue.

Ever considered any psychiatric advice?

Don' cha just love theses message boards? Providing outlets for social inadequates to vent their inner aggression towards posters with whom they disagree. I am asked if I have considered 'psychiatric treatment'. Let me ask back, have you ever considered developing some manners instead of spending your life being abusive to people?j

I stand by my comments. Let's see if you can follow this: our inability to score goals puts pressure on our defence because we can't relieve the pressure up at the other end by scoring the odd goal. That means as soon as the first goal goes in against us, the pressure is increased as we chase the game. If we had the ability to take our chances, which we don't, unless we can tap it in a a goalmouth scramble, or Gylfi gets one of his freekick chances - when do we ever score from a corner for instance? - then we could even the scores up or even take the lead , and then our defence would perhaps retain some composure and assurance. When we get further and further behind our defence gets worse and worse and we get further and further behind. If you knew anything about football you'd know that a good team has balance between attack and defence.
We've got balance all right - but it's not good - they're both awful. But our lack of goal scoring ability puts immense pressure on the other end.

Oh yes we can score against Sunderland and Palace, but yesterday we could have scored 3 -Jermaine Defoe would have buried Cork's chance and Dyer's chance, and Gylfi also skyed one over the bar. In short, if we were scoring and keeping the scores close, our defence would perform better as they would feel they were not just trying to keep the score down to limit embarrassment
Reactionary postings. on 11:05 - Jan 15 with 766 viewsPegojack

Reactionary postings. on 10:51 - Jan 15 by jackrabbit

Don' cha just love theses message boards? Providing outlets for social inadequates to vent their inner aggression towards posters with whom they disagree. I am asked if I have considered 'psychiatric treatment'. Let me ask back, have you ever considered developing some manners instead of spending your life being abusive to people?j

I stand by my comments. Let's see if you can follow this: our inability to score goals puts pressure on our defence because we can't relieve the pressure up at the other end by scoring the odd goal. That means as soon as the first goal goes in against us, the pressure is increased as we chase the game. If we had the ability to take our chances, which we don't, unless we can tap it in a a goalmouth scramble, or Gylfi gets one of his freekick chances - when do we ever score from a corner for instance? - then we could even the scores up or even take the lead , and then our defence would perhaps retain some composure and assurance. When we get further and further behind our defence gets worse and worse and we get further and further behind. If you knew anything about football you'd know that a good team has balance between attack and defence.
We've got balance all right - but it's not good - they're both awful. But our lack of goal scoring ability puts immense pressure on the other end.

Oh yes we can score against Sunderland and Palace, but yesterday we could have scored 3 -Jermaine Defoe would have buried Cork's chance and Dyer's chance, and Gylfi also skyed one over the bar. In short, if we were scoring and keeping the scores close, our defence would perform better as they would feel they were not just trying to keep the score down to limit embarrassment

Excellent post.
Reactionary postings. on 11:23 - Jan 15 with 724 viewsclloy2

Reactionary postings. on 17:36 - Jan 14 by Jackfath

We are going down. Don't risk huge wages and fees on players who we may not be able to sell on should we go down, the risk is too big. Keep signing players like the ones we are presently. Get all areas strong once more and mount a decent challenge next year and keep on building.

Huw to leave at end of season by whichever means deemed necessary.

Employ an independent company to go through all aspects of the club from top to bottom to ensure there are no more bad eggs or dodgy dealings.

That's a plausible argument, which you could argue is fine.
However I doubt that PC came here on the basis, that he couldn't be given a fighting chance to stay up, and instead start planning for the championship, which is obvious from the calibre of signings being made. I guess only the trust might be party to those discussions. But wouldn't be surprised if PC was told one story only to find in reality a different set of circumstances, I guess time will tell.
Reactionary postings. on 12:00 - Jan 15 with 667 viewsJJJack

Reactionary postings. on 19:40 - Jan 14 by jack247

Fer can't defend.

Not to say Cork is anything other than a limited player who knows where he would be and what he should be doing and works hard. I don't think he is quite up to standard, we need to improve from outside the squad, because we don't have the quality within it.

I like this kind of comment "Fer can't defend".
How many goals have we conceded recently and he's not been on the pitch?
How many goals have we scored recently and he's not been on the pitch?
Answer those questions correctly and you may well draw the conclusion he should be playing
Reactionary postings. on 12:23 - Jan 15 with 634 viewsperchrockjack

Fer has a presence ,a physical presence that Ki ,Cork don't have and why he should always start before them.

Cork looks terrified to shoot at goal and Ki goes backwards at the sight of opposing goalposts. Quite bizaree.

Ki lazy? then that s for our manager to address but he CAN score and put his food it where Ki and Cork will not ,can not ,and will not.

I'm amazed BASTON GETTING THE STICK as he s not really been given that much of a chance. Like Paloschi, another player bought with no idea as to play him .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Reactionary postings. on 12:36 - Jan 15 with 484 viewsDafyddHuw

Reactionary postings. on 12:00 - Jan 15 by JJJack

I like this kind of comment "Fer can't defend".
How many goals have we conceded recently and he's not been on the pitch?
How many goals have we scored recently and he's not been on the pitch?
Answer those questions correctly and you may well draw the conclusion he should be playing

Fer - the personification of everything that's wrong with ouir squad at the moment.

The fact that he's even here to pull on the shirt which he should never be allowed to be near says it all.

Do you think for one moment that Laudrup/Rogers would have accepted him as good enough to be a Swans player?

We've been ground down to the stage where we accept the unacceptable.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024