Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tactical Match Analysis: Liverpool 2-3 Swansea City 22:01 - Jan 25 with 2026 viewsComeonyouSwans

Detailed tactical analysis of last Saturday's memorable win away at Anfield, as Paul Clement implemented a perfect balanced game plan that the players executed to a tee.

We defended well as a team in a 451/4141 defensive shape, but we attacked and took our chances when they came. Tom Carroll and Martin Olsson added elements we've been missing, attacking width and Carroll's clever passing and attacking runs into the channels were impressive.

What impressed me the most though was our positional discipline and organisation, and how quickly Paul Clement has got us playing well, defending as a team - a far cry from the awful "tactics" on show when Bradley was here.

Part 1 can be found here - http://www.swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=477700

Comments welcome as always, Part 2 will look more at the goals and our attacking play.

Thanks for reading.
Tactical Match Analysis: Liverpool 2-3 Swansea City on 10:16 - Jan 26 with 1899 viewsLegend83

Interesting to see how much better Fer was from a defensive discipline perspective.

He was often the one filling in the gaps where previously he would just stand and watch!
Tactical Match Analysis: Liverpool 2-3 Swansea City on 13:47 - Jan 26 with 1836 viewsComeonyouSwans

Tactical Match Analysis: Liverpool 2-3 Swansea City on 10:16 - Jan 26 by Legend83

Interesting to see how much better Fer was from a defensive discipline perspective.

He was often the one filling in the gaps where previously he would just stand and watch!

Agree, Fer deserved credit for a solid, defensive performance, and also showed his attacking quality, went on a great solo run near the end to relieve the pressure and was also involved in the winner.

Fer was looking like a player that couldn't play unless he was in an attacking midfield role, but after last Saturday, you wonder if he could be disciplined enough under Clement to start as a holding player. Definitely want us to stick to a 433 formation if the likes of Fer or Ki are to start
Tactical Match Analysis: Liverpool 2-3 Swansea City on 14:20 - Jan 26 with 1795 viewskarnataka

Tactical Match Analysis: Liverpool 2-3 Swansea City on 13:47 - Jan 26 by ComeonyouSwans

Agree, Fer deserved credit for a solid, defensive performance, and also showed his attacking quality, went on a great solo run near the end to relieve the pressure and was also involved in the winner.

Fer was looking like a player that couldn't play unless he was in an attacking midfield role, but after last Saturday, you wonder if he could be disciplined enough under Clement to start as a holding player. Definitely want us to stick to a 433 formation if the likes of Fer or Ki are to start

Fer has a lot of ability but looked lost at times under Bobbley and sometimes it just needs the right coaching and team formation for a player to flourish. If our coaching team can consistently get the best of if him, he will be a major asset in our bid to survive. As I mentioned a couple of days ago, Fer made the run from deep into the Liverpool box that caused Lovren to panic and concede the corner from which we scored our first, would probably have scored the second if Llorente hadn't got there ahead of him and played the penetrating ball into Llorente's feet for the layoff to Carroll for his mazy run which set up the third. So add that to his solid defensive performance and it all adds up to a decent overall contribution to the team effort and we are going to need stuff like that for the rest of the season.
Tactical Match Analysis: Liverpool 2-3 Swansea City on 14:39 - Jan 26 with 1774 viewsLeonWasGod

Tactical Match Analysis: Liverpool 2-3 Swansea City on 10:16 - Jan 26 by Legend83

And he didn't even have the temerity to point like JJS did!
Tactical Match Analysis: Liverpool 2-3 Swansea City on 14:39 - Jan 26 with 1773 viewsLeonWasGod

Great write up, thanks
Tactical Match Analysis: Liverpool 2-3 Swansea City on 14:50 - Jan 26 with 1764 viewsTheResurrection

A flat 5 in midfield offers a lot more protection to the deficiencies of some players.

Carroll's size, Fer's poor defensive attributes etc.

This may not always work as we won't be up against the might of Liverpool every week but I'd be willing to give it another go as even against the lesser sides this more defensive set up can quickly turn into a more attack minded proposition.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Tactical Match Analysis: Liverpool 2-3 Swansea City on 22:37 - Jan 26 with 1624 viewsComeonyouSwans

Here's Part 2 looking at our attacking play in the 2nd half: http://www.swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=477818

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024