Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bitter taste about Sweetmore 11:20 - Apr 30 with 49388 viewsswiggy

Apparently Dave Sweetmore has been given his job back for next season despite the club announcing Eden Bearshaw as his replacement. What a sad day for the integrity of RAFC. How can you give someone a job and then give back word on the last day of the season, this leaves a very bitter taste on a day that could go down in the clubs history. Trust has been severely compromised and I'm sure this will have a negative affect on season ticket sales. I for one had been a certainty but am now thinking of not purchasing. Sad sad day for the club.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 15:09 - Apr 30 with 4406 viewsD_Alien

I'm asking, in all seriousness, what can be done to reverse this?

Is there a way for the Dale Trust to make representation on our behalf? If they're prepared to do that, I'll re-join to put my vote for Eden alongside anyone else prepared to do so

This isn't about choice of music, it's about basic values and if I were a fan of Sweetmore I'd be making damn sure that anything he had to do with the Dale was boycotted and let it be known to him how strong the feeling is about this. The club are complicit, but he should do the decent thing and not take up whatever the club in their stupidity are currently offering him

Sweetmore OUT

Eden IN

[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 15:11]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 15:12 - Apr 30 with 4388 viewsBrierls

I'm not sure I've ever felt more let down by the club. #TeamRochdale when it suits, but fcuk a lifelong Dale supporter over when Sweetmore finds out waiting on tables in the Lake District isn't for him.

An absolute disgrace. A genuine disgrace.

As for Sweetmore, yes he's within his rights to ask for his job back. But he's a massive egotistical CUNextTuesday for doing so. The club should have, and STILL SHOULD, tell him that there is no vacancy.

Do the right thing, Dale FFS! I'm not speaking for any other fan, just myself here, but I don't want Sweetmore back. I want Eden to take up the role as planned and announced.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 15:16 - Apr 30 with 4350 views442Dale

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 15:09 - Apr 30 by D_Alien

I'm asking, in all seriousness, what can be done to reverse this?

Is there a way for the Dale Trust to make representation on our behalf? If they're prepared to do that, I'll re-join to put my vote for Eden alongside anyone else prepared to do so

This isn't about choice of music, it's about basic values and if I were a fan of Sweetmore I'd be making damn sure that anything he had to do with the Dale was boycotted and let it be known to him how strong the feeling is about this. The club are complicit, but he should do the decent thing and not take up whatever the club in their stupidity are currently offering him

Sweetmore OUT

Eden IN

[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 15:11]

The Trust will be fully aware of this situation by now. Would fully expect them to represent their members and the fanbase effectively without further prompting and there to be news from them approaching the club about what has happened.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 15:36 - Apr 30 with 4239 viewsNogintheNog

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 15:16 - Apr 30 by 442Dale

The Trust will be fully aware of this situation by now. Would fully expect them to represent their members and the fanbase effectively without further prompting and there to be news from them approaching the club about what has happened.

Just to add my feelings of absolute disgust at our beloved Dales behaviour in this case. As suggested Dave Sweetmore must do the the decent thing and move aside in favour of Eden. The club must the offer a grovelling apology to Eden and the fans over their cack handed handling of this matter.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 16:07 - Apr 30 with 4083 viewssweetcorn

This is almost as bad as sweetmores hairline..

Absolute cockwomble for asking for his job back, get him out ffs.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 16:11 - Apr 30 with 4061 viewsDaleaholic

The club is doing so much right and then they do this.

If you choose to leave your job before knowing what your new job entails, that's your own fault. You have to lie in the bed you've made.

To strip Eden of his position after he re-arranged flights, bought a new laptop and was officially announced is absolutely disgusting and I for one was looking forward to a change.

I'm sick to death of having to listen to the same songs week in week out. It's boring and the match day experience for home fans is repetitive and mundane. The club needed this change but in true Rochdale AFC fashion, we went for the comfortable option.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 16:58 - Apr 30 with 3862 viewsalderleydale

I feel compelled to add my two penneth to this and echo the utter disgust that's gone before. Ffs the club get so much right and then do something like this.
Like others have said its so fookin boring having to listen to the same songs week in week out.

GIVE THE NEW LAD HIS FOOKIN JOB BACK!!!
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 16:59 - Apr 30 with 3852 viewsRAFCBLUE

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/eden-bearshaw-appointed-as

Dave Sweetmore added: “It was without a doubt the hardest decision of my life leaving Dale after so long. I've spent almost half of my life here and met some of my best friends here. After we had met and interviewed Eden we knew straight away that we had the man for the job. He is a true Dale fan with a great taste in music and an excellent microphone technique. I'd like to wish him all the best as he takes over what is, the best job in the world.”

Those comments appear duplicitous. Wish someone all the best, then take their job. Nice behaviour!

I also don't think many Dale fans would continue to support future Sweetmore hosted events in the Radcliffe in such a situation.

As others have said, not very "Team Rochdale".

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Login to get fewer ads

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 16:59 - Apr 30 with 3844 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:51 - Apr 30 by D_Alien

This cannot be allowed to stand

No offence to Sweetmore, but if he had anything about him he wouldn't be taking this up

If he does, then that's very offensive

Not sweetmores fault, the club are to blame, you were confident the club wouldn't do this

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 17:10 - Apr 30 with 3767 viewslove_the_dale

Coming away from the game today, I was pretty elated, mainly because of the team's performance, but also realising that it was the last time I would be subjected to the choice of music and the volume of it and of the announcements. From a less selfish POV, I don't see how a person can be given a job and then have it taken away from him through no fault of his own.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 17:13 - Apr 30 with 3746 viewsdalenumber2

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 16:59 - Apr 30 by rochdaleriddler

Not sweetmores fault, the club are to blame, you were confident the club wouldn't do this

Yes the club has made the decision but perhaps Sweetmore should now consider stepping up to do the honourable thing.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 17:13 - Apr 30 with 3736 viewsD_Alien

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 16:59 - Apr 30 by rochdaleriddler

You're berating me for believing the club would stick to basic standards of decency?

Really??

The club are complicit, but they'd have nothing to be complicit about if Sweetmore wasn't hanging around like a fart from a diseased arsehole

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 17:17 - Apr 30 with 3710 viewskel

Speaking as a "part timer" but someone who knows Eden from drinking in the Cem, it was obvious how excited he was at the opportunity going off the Dale stuff he's posted on Facebook.

No idea how he's feeling but why would he now want the job if there was a reversal of the decision after he's been thoroughly sh­it on from a huge height? He probably still would as he's Dale through and through and one would hope sense is seen.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 17:25 - Apr 30 with 3643 viewsSandyDrum

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 17:17 - Apr 30 by kel

Speaking as a "part timer" but someone who knows Eden from drinking in the Cem, it was obvious how excited he was at the opportunity going off the Dale stuff he's posted on Facebook.

No idea how he's feeling but why would he now want the job if there was a reversal of the decision after he's been thoroughly sh­it on from a huge height? He probably still would as he's Dale through and through and one would hope sense is seen.

I've spoken to him and without giving away too much, he is far from happy with the way he has been treated.

I'll say no more out of fairness for him, but this is not good.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 17:28 - Apr 30 with 3623 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 17:13 - Apr 30 by D_Alien

You're berating me for believing the club would stick to basic standards of decency?

Really??

The club are complicit, but they'd have nothing to be complicit about if Sweetmore wasn't hanging around like a fart from a diseased arsehole

I'm saying that you proffesed to know the club wouldn't do this, and they have. That is all. You always seem to suggest you know what the club is doing , and guess what you don't. It is all down to the club this abhorrent decision. That is all

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 17:50 - Apr 30 with 3515 views49thseason

This does not sit right with me, but I have a couple of questions:
1, Is this actually a "job" in other words have we really been paying someone to play that incessant din and make shouty, incoherent announcements with the volume turned up to 11?
2. If the match announcer is such an important element of the matchday experience, is there any reason why the club doesn't spend money on a new sound system rather than an oversized, overpriced android phone running Cupcake 1.5?

If this is indeed a "real" paid job, then I would imagine that a contract is involved and the offended party will be able to show said contract to a decent lawyer with an expectation of some redress for his time and flights if nothing else. If however, this is more of a voluntary post based on a handshake then given today's events, the young man will perhaps consider himself fortunate not to be working with such a bunch of tvvats.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 18:54 - Apr 30 with 3336 viewsswiggy

My goodness box of frogs. The young gentleman who was given the job is from a family of lifelong dale fans one of which is the youngest to do all 46 games in a season. To let him turn up and Russ not even have the bottle to face him up himself is a disgrace. I'm pretty sure that papa bear is not happy and the club has gone in one decision from one of the most family friendly clubs to one of the worst. Is it worth it?
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 19:11 - Apr 30 with 3240 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I was quite surprised that DJ Dave S did n't announce his own departure today and suspected summat was afoot.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 19:28 - Apr 30 with 3135 viewsR17ALE

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 19:11 - Apr 30 by Yorkshire_Dale

I was quite surprised that DJ Dave S did n't announce his own departure today and suspected summat was afoot.

Had he been leaving I'm sure he would have announced it on more than one occasion!

From what I can gather Eden cut short a family holiday in the Canaries to get to Spotland in time to shadow Sweetmore.

To be met at the window with a "what are you doing here?" as the way of informing him they've given his role to someone else is shoddy and disrespectful.

It's irrelevant who they've given the role to - top and bottom is, they hired him and have then fired him, and he's found out about it from the tea lady in effect.

I'll be amazed if the club don't review this decision. They'll have to because Sweetmore won't do the decent thing.

EDIT: Eden was one of the Swansea 45 I think.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 19:30]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 19:37 - Apr 30 with 3071 viewsBartRowou

Shame. I was looking forward to hearing the new lad and very hopeful that he WOULD NOT BE ANNOUNCING MAN OF THE MATCH AWARDS AND ATTENDANCE FIGURES AND INDIE NIGHTS while the ball's in play.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 19:49 - Apr 30 with 2979 viewsDorislove

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 19:28 - Apr 30 by R17ALE

Had he been leaving I'm sure he would have announced it on more than one occasion!

From what I can gather Eden cut short a family holiday in the Canaries to get to Spotland in time to shadow Sweetmore.

To be met at the window with a "what are you doing here?" as the way of informing him they've given his role to someone else is shoddy and disrespectful.

It's irrelevant who they've given the role to - top and bottom is, they hired him and have then fired him, and he's found out about it from the tea lady in effect.

I'll be amazed if the club don't review this decision. They'll have to because Sweetmore won't do the decent thing.

EDIT: Eden was one of the Swansea 45 I think.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 19:30]

Maybe things havent change at the club as much as people would have hoped /seen of late.Maybe the cronies /dead legs /die hard 1950s old mans club is still alive and kicking behind the facade of Russ and Francis.
Shocking and disgusting man management from the club again but true to form really so no surprise.
Good luck to Eden in the future ,maybe he is well shy of the "club" on this occasion.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 19:54 - Apr 30 with 2933 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 19:49 - Apr 30 by Dorislove

Maybe things havent change at the club as much as people would have hoped /seen of late.Maybe the cronies /dead legs /die hard 1950s old mans club is still alive and kicking behind the facade of Russ and Francis.
Shocking and disgusting man management from the club again but true to form really so no surprise.
Good luck to Eden in the future ,maybe he is well shy of the "club" on this occasion.

Russ gave the job of telling Eden to frances

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:01 - Apr 30 with 2878 viewsDorislove

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 19:54 - Apr 30 by rochdaleriddler

Russ gave the job of telling Eden to frances

Fu-k me ,if true and i dont doubt you thats gutless .
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:23 - Apr 30 with 2784 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Does Eden post on here? As exile I am not sure if I know him from time past but either way it's a shitty trick by the club. Tbh I remember when mr ainley did announcements and tbh I never cared what was played music wise. I wanted to hear the team and half time scores. That was basically it.

I know things have moved on from 80,s and 90,s but I used to enjoy having a chat with people I saw once a fortnight, some who I never knew the name of, rather than not being able to hear myself think.

This is the clubs fault, followed by d.s. For even coming back. Make your bed and lay in it. I don't know any of the facts and it may be that Eden has been given compensation, paid for garden leave etc. But I do doubt that. Also why would Frances have to tell Eden. Surely Russ or even a director could have a word, apologise, and explain the reason.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:33 - Apr 30 with 2696 viewsSuddenLad

It seems that you need to be called 'David' to do this job..........

Dave Fletcher
Dave Ainley
Dave Sweetmore

Isn't DLT currently seeking gainful employment ?? Plenty of experience, readily available and no doubt has a better library of music.............

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024