Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bitter taste about Sweetmore 11:20 - Apr 30 with 49344 viewsswiggy

Apparently Dave Sweetmore has been given his job back for next season despite the club announcing Eden Bearshaw as his replacement. What a sad day for the integrity of RAFC. How can you give someone a job and then give back word on the last day of the season, this leaves a very bitter taste on a day that could go down in the clubs history. Trust has been severely compromised and I'm sure this will have a negative affect on season ticket sales. I for one had been a certainty but am now thinking of not purchasing. Sad sad day for the club.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:34 - Apr 30 with 2833 viewsBlueMessiah

It's such classless behaviour from both DS ( for asking for / accepting his old job back) and the club (for offering him to/ accepting his return) not to mention the way Eden has been totally shafted today. It's put such a dampener on today's great performance and a terrific match. Was only saying to my mate at half time what a relief it was to be hearing DS bellowing down the mic for the last time.

I really hope the club does the decent thing and reverses this decision but if they did I wouldn't blame Eden if he told them to shove their job up their collective arses.

Pathetic and spineless.

Poll: Do I Know You?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:40 - Apr 30 with 2800 viewsflyerdale

I know this for a kick off, if eden isn't given the opportunity he should be given then the club can stick My £50 season ticket deposit up their arse
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:49 - Apr 30 with 2756 viewsTalkingSutty

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:23 - Apr 30 by Thacks_Rabbits

Does Eden post on here? As exile I am not sure if I know him from time past but either way it's a shitty trick by the club. Tbh I remember when mr ainley did announcements and tbh I never cared what was played music wise. I wanted to hear the team and half time scores. That was basically it.

I know things have moved on from 80,s and 90,s but I used to enjoy having a chat with people I saw once a fortnight, some who I never knew the name of, rather than not being able to hear myself think.

This is the clubs fault, followed by d.s. For even coming back. Make your bed and lay in it. I don't know any of the facts and it may be that Eden has been given compensation, paid for garden leave etc. But I do doubt that. Also why would Frances have to tell Eden. Surely Russ or even a director could have a word, apologise, and explain the reason.

Somebody at the Club has gone in to bat for Sweetmore and whoever that person is needs to be hauled in. I don't believe for one minute it will be Russ Green. It's obviously somebody who likes to think of themselves as a plastic Manc and plays the same shite tune as Sweetmore, the same tune that a lot of fans are sick to the back teeth of having rammed down their chuffing throats every other week.

Can somebody at tbe Club please grow a pair of balls and show some leadership. Sweetmore walked out because it suited HIM, the new guy was appointed, what tbe Club have done is illegal under employment laws and if Sweetmore had any *ucking morals he wouldn"t have come creeping back.

It makes me wonder who is actually running the show up at Spotland and if its anything to do with the players or Keith Hill they should be reminded what their job spec is and told to concentrate on the playing side of things. If i was Edin i would be taking legal advise. What a crap way to treat somebody, i have no axe to grind because i dont even know this Edin guy, it's a pathetic decision.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:52 - Apr 30 with 2732 viewsSuddenLad

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:49 - Apr 30 by TalkingSutty

Somebody at the Club has gone in to bat for Sweetmore and whoever that person is needs to be hauled in. I don't believe for one minute it will be Russ Green. It's obviously somebody who likes to think of themselves as a plastic Manc and plays the same shite tune as Sweetmore, the same tune that a lot of fans are sick to the back teeth of having rammed down their chuffing throats every other week.

Can somebody at tbe Club please grow a pair of balls and show some leadership. Sweetmore walked out because it suited HIM, the new guy was appointed, what tbe Club have done is illegal under employment laws and if Sweetmore had any *ucking morals he wouldn"t have come creeping back.

It makes me wonder who is actually running the show up at Spotland and if its anything to do with the players or Keith Hill they should be reminded what their job spec is and told to concentrate on the playing side of things. If i was Edin i would be taking legal advise. What a crap way to treat somebody, i have no axe to grind because i dont even know this Edin guy, it's a pathetic decision.

Welcome back.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:52 - Apr 30 with 2727 views442Dale

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:40 - Apr 30 by flyerdale

I know this for a kick off, if eden isn't given the opportunity he should be given then the club can stick My £50 season ticket deposit up their arse

Therein lies a really big issue which the club HAS to address. Risking a loss of goodwill during a period where there are so many positives would be a real mistake, one you can't believe they'll make now they're aware of the reaction amongst supporters.

While we're on the subject of positives, it's a struggle to see any in continuing down the current path.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:55 - Apr 30 with 2683 viewslove_the_dale

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:40 - Apr 30 by flyerdale

Unfortunately, I paid my 50 quid last week. Now I don't know whether to write it off and lose out, or go ahead and get my season ticket and lose out - for the reasons already given! I never liked the idea of a deposit in the first place.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:57 - Apr 30 with 2662 viewsShun

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:52 - Apr 30 by 442Dale

Therein lies a really big issue which the club HAS to address. Risking a loss of goodwill during a period where there are so many positives would be a real mistake, one you can't believe they'll make now they're aware of the reaction amongst supporters.

While we're on the subject of positives, it's a struggle to see any in continuing down the current path.

I do hope the club are aware of the furore this incident has caused.

Edit: just seen D_Alien's email.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 21:14]
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:58 - Apr 30 with 2645 viewsflyerdale

I like both lads but Dave fooked off on the pretence he had a better job. Job didn't work out (waiter) so you just can't spit your dummy out
Login to get fewer ads

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:04 - Apr 30 with 2596 views49thseason

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:58 - Apr 30 by flyerdale

I like both lads but Dave fooked off on the pretence he had a better job. Job didn't work out (waiter) so you just can't spit your dummy out

Did they get fed up with him whistling crap tunes and shouting a lot every time he served someone?
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:08 - Apr 30 with 2562 viewsSandyDrum

Out of curiosity I sent Sweetmore a message on Facebook, his reply was calling people on here a 'rabble'.

Make of that what you will.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:08 - Apr 30 with 2560 viewsBlueMessiah

I really hope this isn't about the club wanting to uphold the "reputation" we supposedly have among away supporters for having the best music in the league.

I care about Dale supporters matchday experience. I couldn't give a shiny shite if the away fans have the worst 2 hours of their lives, i want them to hate coming to Spotland.

I'm a big music fan (some of which would fall within DS's radar) but would never use that as criteria for deciding whether to attend an away fixture or not. It's bollocks.

I'm really struggling to get the possible motives behind this atrocious decision by the club

Poll: Do I Know You?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:09 - Apr 30 with 2545 viewsNinco

I agree. You make sure a new job is suitable before quitting your old job, and once you do quit your old job, if for whatever reason the new job doesn't work out, you should only be able to reapply for your old job back if it's vacant, and even then the job should be advertised and you should have to apply via a formal interview process against any other people who want to apply for it. If this new guy has signed a contract, it is blatant unfair dismissal and the club could be in serious trouble if he takes it further. Even if he hasn't signed a contract, the club has a moral obligation to honour what was originally agreed.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:11 - Apr 30 with 2531 viewskiwidale

" Somebody at the Club has gone in to bat for Sweetmore and whoever that person is needs to be hauled in. I don't believe for one minute it will be Russ Green. It's obviously somebody who likes to think of themselves as a plastic Manc and plays the same shite tune as Sweetmore"

Keith Hill spring to mind Sutty?

This is not the time for bickering.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:15 - Apr 30 with 2505 viewsShun

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:08 - Apr 30 by SandyDrum

Out of curiosity I sent Sweetmore a message on Facebook, his reply was calling people on here a 'rabble'.

Classic. What else did he say?
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:15 - Apr 30 with 2505 viewsD_Alien

That's a very interesting angle on this debacle, cheers TS

if the club are hoping they can brush this under the close-season carpet, they can think again. This ain't going away, not by a long chalk

The outcome is that Eden is offered the role back, with an abject apology. It;s up to him whether he'd feel inclined to accept

Nothing else will do

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:21 - Apr 30 with 2443 viewsNinco

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:08 - Apr 30 by SandyDrum

Never rated Sweetmore anyway. His English is very poor. Often fluffs his words and even reads out the wrong goal scorers sometimes. Same music every match with no variety. Doesn't motivate the crowd. Plays the music so loud that you can't have a chat with people.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:23 - Apr 30 with 2425 views442Dale

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:15 - Apr 30 by D_Alien

if the club are hoping they can brush this under the close-season carpet, they can think again. This ain't going away, not by a long chalk

The outcome is that Eden is offered the role back, with an abject apology. It;s up to him whether he'd feel inclined to accept

Nothing else will do

The club should note that there's far more opinion on this subject than anything to do with the game today.

As Dale fans, we make a point of standing up for what is right. They know this after the ST debacle last year.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:23 - Apr 30 with 2422 viewsnordenblue

Nothing else will do

Without knowing Eden and only spoke to Dave once or twice briefly in my life I've no bias to either, someone within the club who no doubt now will be hiding beneath their rank has made this decision,like usual the shit rolls down hill for someone else to deliver,morally and integrity wise it stinks to high heaven for sure,am I surprised....sadly not one little bit
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:24 - Apr 30 with 2409 viewsrochdaleriddler

Nothing else will do

Really? And if the club don't do that, what will happen?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:29 - Apr 30 with 2366 viewsflyerdale

Nothing else will do

Exactly. Eden us our new match day announcer. The club can fook off
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:30 - Apr 30 with 2355 views442Dale

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:24 - Apr 30 by rochdaleriddler

Then they'll be creating a situation that is both unnecessary and extremely negative.

This is sad, this isn't what Dale do.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:30 - Apr 30 with 2353 viewsDaleFan7

Hopefully he'll get legal advice and go to town on them. They've told him he's got the job, it's been plastered all over the internet, both can count as contracts, it doesn't have to be an explicit signing of a piece of paper.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:31 - Apr 30 with 2351 viewsD_Alien

That will depend on how 'together' the fanbase are

If it's allowed to drift and then people start shrugging their shoulders, they'll get shit decisions like this stuffed down their throats in future

If the Dale Trust are willing to take this up, with the vast majority of the interested fanbase behind them, then let's wait and see

In the meantime, how about doing something positive about it rather than carping?

[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 21:33]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:31 - Apr 30 with 2343 viewsDorislove

Some may spit their dummy out and decide to lose £110 and forget about the season tickets .I have lived my life on principle and this one has been crossed AGAIN ,you dont mess with peoples lives .Jeez how can a poxy little club get so many small things so wrong ,urm some top brass thats how.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:35 - Apr 30 with 2297 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:31 - Apr 30 by D_Alien

That will depend on how 'together' the fanbase are

If it's allowed to drift and then people start shrugging their shoulders, they'll get shit decisions like this stuffed down their throats in future

If the Dale Trust are willing to take this up, with the vast majority of the interested fanbase behind them, then let's wait and see

In the meantime, how about doing something positive about it rather than carping?

[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 21:33]

What can I do, I agree it's shit. I don't see the point in carping, which is what many are doing. There is a breach of contract here, even if only verbal, it's still a contract. My point was you and others think Dale are morally great, and as proven they are not. I actually agreee with you, it's your blind faith in the goodness of all things Dale that I don't get

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024