Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bitter taste about Sweetmore 11:20 - Apr 30 with 49386 viewsswiggy

Apparently Dave Sweetmore has been given his job back for next season despite the club announcing Eden Bearshaw as his replacement. What a sad day for the integrity of RAFC. How can you give someone a job and then give back word on the last day of the season, this leaves a very bitter taste on a day that could go down in the clubs history. Trust has been severely compromised and I'm sure this will have a negative affect on season ticket sales. I for one had been a certainty but am now thinking of not purchasing. Sad sad day for the club.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:38 - Apr 30 with 4339 viewsnordenblue

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:31 - Apr 30 by Dorislove

Some may spit their dummy out and decide to lose £110 and forget about the season tickets .I have lived my life on principle and this one has been crossed AGAIN ,you dont mess with peoples lives .Jeez how can a poxy little club get so many small things so wrong ,urm some top brass thats how.

Theyre are still so many things drastically wrong behind the scenes,they really are brilliant at shooting themselves in the foot...
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:39 - Apr 30 with 4331 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:30 - Apr 30 by 442Dale

Then they'll be creating a situation that is both unnecessary and extremely negative.

This is sad, this isn't what Dale do.

But they do!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:40 - Apr 30 with 4320 viewsD_Alien

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:35 - Apr 30 by rochdaleriddler

What can I do, I agree it's shit. I don't see the point in carping, which is what many are doing. There is a breach of contract here, even if only verbal, it's still a contract. My point was you and others think Dale are morally great, and as proven they are not. I actually agreee with you, it's your blind faith in the goodness of all things Dale that I don't get

Then you've hugely mistaken what I meant by "I have every confidence the club won't renege on the deal with Eden Bearshaw" (or words to that effect)

I'd say it was pretty clear to a majority of people that I was putting a point of view forward rather than displaying faith, whether blind deaf or dumb

I don't do "faith"

Edit: put it another way - it was meant in the same way as the dreaded "vote of confidence" managers get, the week before the sack

[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 21:43]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:41 - Apr 30 with 4309 viewsDaleFan7

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:31 - Apr 30 by Dorislove

Some may spit their dummy out and decide to lose £110 and forget about the season tickets .I have lived my life on principle and this one has been crossed AGAIN ,you dont mess with peoples lives .Jeez how can a poxy little club get so many small things so wrong ,urm some top brass thats how.

If the club stand by this shocking decision then come 22nd June, anyone who feels the season tickets didn't get to the price they wanted it to should be able to backtrack and get their £50 back and sack the ST off.

Same principle (obviously not messing with someone's life however) but I bet the club would see that one differently wouldn't they.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:45 - Apr 30 with 4268 viewsDorislove

4 Pages of negativity ,well done RAFC .would love to find out the clown who thought this one through.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:49 - Apr 30 with 4231 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:40 - Apr 30 by D_Alien

Then you've hugely mistaken what I meant by "I have every confidence the club won't renege on the deal with Eden Bearshaw" (or words to that effect)

I'd say it was pretty clear to a majority of people that I was putting a point of view forward rather than displaying faith, whether blind deaf or dumb

I don't do "faith"

Edit: put it another way - it was meant in the same way as the dreaded "vote of confidence" managers get, the week before the sack

[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 21:43]

Fair enough, your confidence was misplaced

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:53 - Apr 30 with 4201 viewsTVOS1907

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:09 - Apr 30 by Ninco

I agree. You make sure a new job is suitable before quitting your old job, and once you do quit your old job, if for whatever reason the new job doesn't work out, you should only be able to reapply for your old job back if it's vacant, and even then the job should be advertised and you should have to apply via a formal interview process against any other people who want to apply for it. If this new guy has signed a contract, it is blatant unfair dismissal and the club could be in serious trouble if he takes it further. Even if he hasn't signed a contract, the club has a moral obligation to honour what was originally agreed.

I doubt the 'job' has a contract. Other roles fulfilled by 'fans' don't.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:56 - Apr 30 with 4174 viewsMoonyDale

Well I have to say this absolutely stinks to high heaven, it does not surprise me one bit though. Let's just wait and see what the club do about it, put it right or offer up some half arsed excuse?......My guess would be the latter..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:56 - Apr 30 with 4174 viewskiwidale

Having given this decision more thought I can't see how Dave Sweetmore can survive this. He needs to fall on his sword and quickly otherwise his name and reputation will be forever tainted. I'm not sure that he (Dave) deserves it as it wasn't his decision to reverse the appointment, but he will need a thick skin around town if he allows this to happen.

This is not the time for bickering.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:56 - Apr 30 with 4170 viewsTVOS1907

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:58 - Apr 30 by flyerdale

I like both lads but Dave fooked off on the pretence he had a better job. Job didn't work out (waiter) so you just can't spit your dummy out

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:21 - Apr 30 with 3993 viewsD_Dale

I'd like to know the club's version of this matter. But I'm not optimistic that we'll get it.

There are echoes of the Andrew sending off. The club 'vehemently' denied that the elbowing was intentional and describe it - incomprehensibly - as 'a miss-timed judgement'. Once suspension was imposed the club announced no further statement would be made, and, in spite of the questions raised on this forum, nothing further has been heard.

Dave Sweetmore's reinstatement will probably be regarded as an 'internal' issue which is not a proper concern of the fans - so I don't expect there'll even be a 'no comment'.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:33 - Apr 30 with 3898 viewsKnowlesy

I posted on Twitter earlier:
@officiallydale Really hope the rumours coming from the club about @davesweetmore and @BearshawRAFC aren't true... poor, poor form if so.

Got a reply from dave saying "Don't listen to rumours..."

Somebody else replied to add that it'd be a c**ts trick if true etc etc and sweetmore replied with a rather more 'animated' response about coming talking to his face rather than on social media (which he's since deleted)

Not sure what to make of it all, he seems to be offering fans a chance to meet him at the club at 9am to others on twitter after looking at his feed....
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:38 - Apr 30 with 3835 viewsTTNYear

I'm sure sweetmore has the decency to fall on his sword... or should we be looking at Russ Green for fault?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 22:39]

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:56 - Apr 30 with 3716 viewsflyerdale

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:38 - Apr 30 by TTNYear

I'm sure sweetmore has the decency to fall on his sword... or should we be looking at Russ Green for fault?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 22:39]

He certainly isn't falling on the sword and it bloody stinks
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:57 - Apr 30 with 3708 viewsDaleiLama

Very entertaining game today and the mood should now be one of cautious optimism and hope for the future. A few good summer signings, more fans in the COA next year and Dale would surely be a decent pre-season bet to improve a tad and make the play-offs. Then this.

I really do wonder about this club sometimes. Makes an appeal to reform the LDVs to clean the place up, asks fans to dig deep for a big advertising board which will generate money for the club but was utterly bobbins when test driven, then threatens to lose the trust of a loyal fanbase with a treasonous act of nepotism. To think we've been worried about late goals, when own goals are what is holding the club back.

If RAFC wants to really progress, it needs to embrace professionalism in everything it does, starting with a U turn on this odious decision and an apology. Eden isn't a project, he's a person ffs. Treat him like one. Do unto others as you would like them to do unto you.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 23:04]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 23:10 - Apr 30 with 3645 viewsTTNYear

Team Rochdale apparently

No one part of me states this is right

It's not a big thing but the fact that Russ didn't even have the balls to deliver the bad news speaks volumes... just right the wrong Dale ...right the wrong.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 23:41 - Apr 30 with 3530 viewsR17ALE

And I'll happily shatter the myth that Sweetmore is a lifelong fan.

It fooking infuriates me when certain individuals claim to be fans when they're not. We've seen them come and go.

Nobody had ever seen Sweetmore at a game until he took over the tannoyman role. Over the years you get to know the faces. His was a new one when it appeared.

And yet, he's been described as a club legend in media reports.

What!

Up there with Jenkins, Jones, Holt, Kilpatrick, Dunphy, Ratcliffe, and others who I should mention?

There's two types of people at Dale these days. There's them who support the club quietly, honestly and for all the right reasons, and there's them who make a self aggrandising noise about their support for the club. Them's as makes the noise (hangers on) can fook off.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 00:08 - May 1 with 3433 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Well said R17. This club would be nothing without the time and dedication of so many. Some who work for the club, some who have dedicated time and effort, paid and unpaid to the club and those sadly departed that did so much for our survival.

I love this thread as it shows what we are as a club. We won't take lies like bURY, we will fight for the right and we will defend our principles. This won't stop until an answer comes forth. It will of course soon as the 100 or so posts will lead to a knee jerk reaction from above.

Of course the biggest question is why let this happen to start with? Are you that arrogant that you think we won't react or do they really think we are that stupid?

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 00:27 - May 1 with 3367 viewsFrog

Was glad to hear Sweetmore had done one, sick of his repetitive tunes and incoherent shouting through a really crap sound system. If the the rumour is true I'm both saddened and embarrassed by the decision.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 03:01 - May 1 with 3250 viewsBrierls

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:33 - Apr 30 by Knowlesy

I posted on Twitter earlier:
@officiallydale Really hope the rumours coming from the club about @davesweetmore and @BearshawRAFC aren't true... poor, poor form if so.

Got a reply from dave saying "Don't listen to rumours..."

Somebody else replied to add that it'd be a c**ts trick if true etc etc and sweetmore replied with a rather more 'animated' response about coming talking to his face rather than on social media (which he's since deleted)

Not sure what to make of it all, he seems to be offering fans a chance to meet him at the club at 9am to others on twitter after looking at his feed....

I took Sweetmore up on his offer. In the interests of playing fair, there was nothing aggressive about his demeanour when I approached him. I didn't agree with much of what he said, but he put across his version of events.

IF what he said is true, those involved at the club should hold their heads in shame.

IF what he said isn't true, then I've seen right through it.

One thing that rang alarm bells was the notion that Eden "stormed off" when the news was delivered. Now there's a lot of hearsay, but I know for a fact that Eden "stormed off" to the ticket office to pay for a ticket to watch his beloved club. Then he rocked up at the awards to support the club, clearly wounded, when many would have thought it wasn't worth it. That's what you get when you're Dale through and through, you don't do what is logical, you follow your heart not your head. I think we could do with a few more thousand just like him, like you, like me.

Like flyerdale, how I feel right now, the club can stick their £50 where the sun doesn't shine. And I've already paid it! I'll miss several games next season, like this season, but I bought my season ticket to support the club, not to get the best value. If this is what #TeamRochdale represents then I'd rather keep cash in my pocket and pick and choose my games.

We're either #TeamRochdale or we're not. Over to you, Dale.

The reaction on this thread speaks volumes.

(This post was brought to you by Jack Daniels, but it's my head and heart that's doing the talking)
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 10:36 - May 1 with 2595 viewsMoonyDale

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 03:01 - May 1 by Brierls

I took Sweetmore up on his offer. In the interests of playing fair, there was nothing aggressive about his demeanour when I approached him. I didn't agree with much of what he said, but he put across his version of events.

IF what he said is true, those involved at the club should hold their heads in shame.

IF what he said isn't true, then I've seen right through it.

One thing that rang alarm bells was the notion that Eden "stormed off" when the news was delivered. Now there's a lot of hearsay, but I know for a fact that Eden "stormed off" to the ticket office to pay for a ticket to watch his beloved club. Then he rocked up at the awards to support the club, clearly wounded, when many would have thought it wasn't worth it. That's what you get when you're Dale through and through, you don't do what is logical, you follow your heart not your head. I think we could do with a few more thousand just like him, like you, like me.

Like flyerdale, how I feel right now, the club can stick their £50 where the sun doesn't shine. And I've already paid it! I'll miss several games next season, like this season, but I bought my season ticket to support the club, not to get the best value. If this is what #TeamRochdale represents then I'd rather keep cash in my pocket and pick and choose my games.

We're either #TeamRochdale or we're not. Over to you, Dale.

The reaction on this thread speaks volumes.

(This post was brought to you by Jack Daniels, but it's my head and heart that's doing the talking)

How did Sweetmore get on at the awards night? Low life of the year? Well deserved I'd say.....And like yourself the club can shove their season ticket offer up their collective backsides....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:16 - May 1 with 2454 viewsceme_ender

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:30 - Apr 30 by DaleFan7

Hopefully he'll get legal advice and go to town on them. They've told him he's got the job, it's been plastered all over the internet, both can count as contracts, it doesn't have to be an explicit signing of a piece of paper.

I can't believe how mad you are all going about who plays the music at the game and does the announcements. I enjoy the music when I come to spotland and think he is pretty good at it. Is this not a voluntary position that he does for free and out of his love for dale? I wouldn't think there will be a contract to breach. It might have been the offer of voluntary position that is no longer available. I dont see what the big deal is?
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:19 - May 1 with 2429 viewsjoecooke

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:16 - May 1 by ceme_ender

I can't believe how mad you are all going about who plays the music at the game and does the announcements. I enjoy the music when I come to spotland and think he is pretty good at it. Is this not a voluntary position that he does for free and out of his love for dale? I wouldn't think there will be a contract to breach. It might have been the offer of voluntary position that is no longer available. I dont see what the big deal is?

Bury fan in "nothing to worry about" shocker

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:19 - May 1 with 2429 views442Dale

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:16 - May 1 by ceme_ender

I don't see why you're commenting on it.

Just because we're fully aware of how badly run your club is, it doesn't mean you can have an opinion on ours.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:33 - May 1 with 2345 viewsceme_ender

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:19 - May 1 by 442Dale

I don't see why you're commenting on it.

Just because we're fully aware of how badly run your club is, it doesn't mean you can have an opinion on ours.

I'm laughing at it . Find it amusing how you lot are. You always have to have something to moan about. I'd probably be the same if I lived in Rochdale.
You'd seriously not renew your season ticket over who the club choose to have as tannoy announcer. # Special. Support your team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024