Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bitter taste about Sweetmore 11:20 - Apr 30 with 49348 viewsswiggy

Apparently Dave Sweetmore has been given his job back for next season despite the club announcing Eden Bearshaw as his replacement. What a sad day for the integrity of RAFC. How can you give someone a job and then give back word on the last day of the season, this leaves a very bitter taste on a day that could go down in the clubs history. Trust has been severely compromised and I'm sure this will have a negative affect on season ticket sales. I for one had been a certainty but am now thinking of not purchasing. Sad sad day for the club.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:35 - May 1 with 4157 viewsTVOS1907

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:16 - May 1 by ceme_ender

I can't believe how mad you are all going about who plays the music at the game and does the announcements. I enjoy the music when I come to spotland and think he is pretty good at it. Is this not a voluntary position that he does for free and out of his love for dale? I wouldn't think there will be a contract to breach. It might have been the offer of voluntary position that is no longer available. I dont see what the big deal is?

You're completely missing the point.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:35 - May 1 with 4156 viewsSandyDrum

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:33 - May 1 by ceme_ender

I'm laughing at it . Find it amusing how you lot are. You always have to have something to moan about. I'd probably be the same if I lived in Rochdale.
You'd seriously not renew your season ticket over who the club choose to have as tannoy announcer. # Special. Support your team.

It's all about morals and honesty mate, I'm sure you Bury fans are all aware what those 2 words mean right?

.....oh wait.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:39 - May 1 with 4134 viewsTVOS1907

I'm laughing at it . Find it amusing how you lot are. You always have to have something to moan about. I'd probably be the same if I lived in Rochdale.
You'd seriously not renew your season ticket over who the club choose to have as tannoy announcer. # Special. Support your team.

'You always have to have something to moan about'

#Special

Flaming Nora, now THAT is rich. Try gigglane.com for further examples of the above.

'I'd probably be the same if I lived in Rochdale.'

True colours always emerge eventually. What on earth does where people live (and fans do live in many other places) have to do with anything?

Like I said on the other reply, you really are missing the point.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:45 - May 1 with 4075 viewsceme_ender

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:35 - May 1 by SandyDrum

It's all about morals and honesty mate, I'm sure you Bury fans are all aware what those 2 words mean right?

.....oh wait.

I am aware . Dale must think he is good at what he does and think it would be better to keep him.
If Mendez Laing decided he was signing for Wigan and dale had been in talks with a lesser player to replace him and then a couple of weeks later changed his mind and re signed for dale would you all want him to f uck off. Would you bollocks. What's the difference?
I'm not too bothered either and will leave you to it to vent your anger.
You rip them season ticket renewals up lads.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:47 - May 1 with 4042 viewsTVOS1907

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:45 - May 1 by ceme_ender

I am aware . Dale must think he is good at what he does and think it would be better to keep him.
If Mendez Laing decided he was signing for Wigan and dale had been in talks with a lesser player to replace him and then a couple of weeks later changed his mind and re signed for dale would you all want him to f uck off. Would you bollocks. What's the difference?

The difference is that Mendez-Laing is entertaining and brings a lot of pleasure to ALL the fans. His performances also affect results and, therefore, points and league position.

Ridiculous comparison.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:48 - May 1 with 4040 viewsSandyDrum

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:45 - May 1 by ceme_ender

Okay, bye bye princess x

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 12:15 - May 1 with 3919 viewsceme_ender

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:48 - May 1 by SandyDrum

Okay, bye bye princess x

See you later sweet cheeks.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 13:20 - May 1 with 3738 viewsNinco

It's not about who plays the music or makes the announcement. Read the post. It's about how the club have handled it. If it was you in that position, I am sure you would be glad that the supporters were venting their feelings.
Login to get fewer ads

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 13:28 - May 1 with 3690 viewsrod_leach

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 13:20 - May 1 by Ninco

It's not about who plays the music or makes the announcement. Read the post. It's about how the club have handled it. If it was you in that position, I am sure you would be glad that the supporters were venting their feelings.

This first. But also I'm fed up with not being able to chat before the game and at half time because of the volume in the main stand. I'm an indie fan and am bored with the same old stuff. I was genuinely looking forward to a change.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 13:50 - May 1 with 3602 viewsD_Dale

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 03:01 - May 1 by Brierls

I took Sweetmore up on his offer. In the interests of playing fair, there was nothing aggressive about his demeanour when I approached him. I didn't agree with much of what he said, but he put across his version of events.

IF what he said is true, those involved at the club should hold their heads in shame.

IF what he said isn't true, then I've seen right through it.

One thing that rang alarm bells was the notion that Eden "stormed off" when the news was delivered. Now there's a lot of hearsay, but I know for a fact that Eden "stormed off" to the ticket office to pay for a ticket to watch his beloved club. Then he rocked up at the awards to support the club, clearly wounded, when many would have thought it wasn't worth it. That's what you get when you're Dale through and through, you don't do what is logical, you follow your heart not your head. I think we could do with a few more thousand just like him, like you, like me.

Like flyerdale, how I feel right now, the club can stick their £50 where the sun doesn't shine. And I've already paid it! I'll miss several games next season, like this season, but I bought my season ticket to support the club, not to get the best value. If this is what #TeamRochdale represents then I'd rather keep cash in my pocket and pick and choose my games.

We're either #TeamRochdale or we're not. Over to you, Dale.

The reaction on this thread speaks volumes.

(This post was brought to you by Jack Daniels, but it's my head and heart that's doing the talking)

I appreciate that you took the trouble and talked to the guy - DS - but I'm not really any the wiser about just what he said. Maybe the JD explains that.

Did he ask for the job back? Or did the club approach him? Did he know it had been offered to someone else? (Had it in fact been formally offered?) Who at the club dealt with the matter? Did neither he, DS, or the persons ('those involved') at the club, not anticipate the row that's occurred? Does he feel he shouldn't have taken it on again? And in what sense have you 'seen right through it'? Are you still not sure what the truth is?

Btw, I assume D_Alien hasn't had a reply to his email.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 16:07 - May 1 with 3276 viewsTVOS1907

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 13:50 - May 1 by D_Dale

I appreciate that you took the trouble and talked to the guy - DS - but I'm not really any the wiser about just what he said. Maybe the JD explains that.

Did he ask for the job back? Or did the club approach him? Did he know it had been offered to someone else? (Had it in fact been formally offered?) Who at the club dealt with the matter? Did neither he, DS, or the persons ('those involved') at the club, not anticipate the row that's occurred? Does he feel he shouldn't have taken it on again? And in what sense have you 'seen right through it'? Are you still not sure what the truth is?

Btw, I assume D_Alien hasn't had a reply to his email.

Re. D_Alien's email, tbf, it is Bank Holiday Monday.

I imagine he'll get a response later in the week.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 16:25 - May 1 with 3225 views442Dale

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 16:07 - May 1 by TVOS1907

True, and the Trust will have to discuss how best to represent the fans on this before getting back to him/others.

It's good that we have such a route to raise issues.

Edit:
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2017/05/trust-meeting-wednesday/

They've a meeting this week and the minutes are usually out within a couple of days, fully expect it to be on the agenda.
[Post edited 1 May 2017 16:29]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 18:24 - May 1 with 2954 viewsD_Alien

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 16:07 - May 1 by TVOS1907

Just got WiFi (up in the Lakes) and yes, that's what I was thinking, thanks

TVOD - the voice of d_alien

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 18:48 - May 1 with 2861 viewsD_Alien

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 16:25 - May 1 by 442Dale

True, and the Trust will have to discuss how best to represent the fans on this before getting back to him/others.

It's good that we have such a route to raise issues.

Edit:
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2017/05/trust-meeting-wednesday/

They've a meeting this week and the minutes are usually out within a couple of days, fully expect it to be on the agenda.
[Post edited 1 May 2017 16:29]

I've had a communication from the Trust, and it is

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:23 - May 1 with 2591 viewsdalenumber2

Just read this on the Facebook page "Rochdale Appreciation'
"I am going to put it out here now Eden got offered to do all the announcements before game and at half time and turned it down that my friends is a fact so don't believe everything what you have read" (sic)
Still unacceptable if true.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:24 - May 1 with 2587 viewsdalenumber2

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 18:24 - May 1 by D_Alien

Just got WiFi (up in the Lakes) and yes, that's what I was thinking, thanks

TVOD - the voice of d_alien

You're not up in the Lakes trying to get Sweetmore's waiters job are you???
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:59 - May 1 with 2417 viewsD_Alien

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:24 - May 1 by dalenumber2

You're not up in the Lakes trying to get Sweetmore's waiters job are you???

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:01 - May 1 with 2397 viewskiwidale

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 20:23 - May 1 by dalenumber2

Just read this on the Facebook page "Rochdale Appreciation'
"I am going to put it out here now Eden got offered to do all the announcements before game and at half time and turned it down that my friends is a fact so don't believe everything what you have read" (sic)
Still unacceptable if true.

this is getting sillier by the minute half truths and speculation. if you know the truth then tell us what Sweetmore said. if what you have alluded to has any truth then my take on this is, again pure speculation Eden was informed before the match that Sweetmore had the job back but he could do todays match announcements then quite rightly Eden told them to stick it.

This is not the time for bickering.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:07 - May 1 with 2359 viewskiwidale

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:01 - May 1 by kiwidale

this is getting sillier by the minute half truths and speculation. if you know the truth then tell us what Sweetmore said. if what you have alluded to has any truth then my take on this is, again pure speculation Eden was informed before the match that Sweetmore had the job back but he could do todays match announcements then quite rightly Eden told them to stick it.

another take on this could be Eden was offered the match announcements and Sweetmore the music side of things? kind of ant and dec.
[Post edited 1 May 2017 21:09]

This is not the time for bickering.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:17 - May 1 with 2311 viewspioneer

My understanding, from afar, was that a public announcement was made that DS was leaving at end of season and that another (named) individual had been appointed for next season. Never any discussion of 'job' share.

Very messy and very unnecessary.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:33 - May 1 with 2241 viewsSuddenLad

Yet another explanation maybe that Eden has the job from the beginning of next season - as arranged - but Sweetmore was given the gig yesterday just to complete the remaining match in the current season.

Whilst I have no personal grudge against Mr. Sweetmore, he has definitely passed his 'sell by date'.

We have earned a rest from the outrageous and unacceptale volume levels, the tiresome repetitio of the same dozen or so tracks, the endless and pointless shouting down the microphone at the top of his voice. It sounds unnecessarily aggressive.

Whatever the truthaout the situation, it appears to have been bungled and given rise to all manner of rumours.

It would surely be best, now that the season is over, for Mr Sweetmore to collect his belongings and gracefully leave his post with some integrity intact.

That would allow Eden the opportunity to seamlessly take over the role in August when the new season begins all this unholy mess will hopefully, by then, be forgotten.

Get it sorted. Civilly.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:34 - May 1 with 2229 viewsTTNYear

Of what I know Eden comes home early from holiday to assist and learn the ropes. Called into the club to be told by a club employee, not Russ the fella who told him he got the position and was photographed with in the paper etc., that they had handed the job back to sweetmore. Yes he was offered a lesser roll... the half time on the field nonsense, but quite rightly declined as to be fair is not what he was offered originally. Eden returned to the Cem, gutted and miffed in equal measure, but still went to the game and quite honourably in the circumstances went to the evening awards ceremony, and as far as I'm aware even then was not approached by Russ for neither an explaination or apology.

Eden could really kick up an almighty stink but has chose to keep his council.

For me it's such an easy problem to rectify. But the longer it goes on or god forbid the decision remains, then the messier it gets...

These are facts, unless Eden is fantastically good at fabricating lies minutes after being slapped in the face with a big wet fish. Personally I don't think the club, Russ or Sweetmore come out looking very good about this but there you go... I have a feeling that they know that.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:56 - May 1 with 2120 viewsjudd

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:34 - May 1 by TTNYear

Of what I know Eden comes home early from holiday to assist and learn the ropes. Called into the club to be told by a club employee, not Russ the fella who told him he got the position and was photographed with in the paper etc., that they had handed the job back to sweetmore. Yes he was offered a lesser roll... the half time on the field nonsense, but quite rightly declined as to be fair is not what he was offered originally. Eden returned to the Cem, gutted and miffed in equal measure, but still went to the game and quite honourably in the circumstances went to the evening awards ceremony, and as far as I'm aware even then was not approached by Russ for neither an explaination or apology.

Eden could really kick up an almighty stink but has chose to keep his council.

For me it's such an easy problem to rectify. But the longer it goes on or god forbid the decision remains, then the messier it gets...

These are facts, unless Eden is fantastically good at fabricating lies minutes after being slapped in the face with a big wet fish. Personally I don't think the club, Russ or Sweetmore come out looking very good about this but there you go... I have a feeling that they know that.

Eden should be given a free season ticket. I doubt he'd take the job now but that is just my opinion.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:24 - May 1 with 1988 viewsD_Alien

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:56 - May 1 by judd

Eden should be given a free season ticket. I doubt he'd take the job now but that is just my opinion.

The club should be given the opportunity to apologise to Eden and make good their offer, but I agree, it'd not be easy to accept

A free ST for Eden to give away at a local school would be a great publicity shot to kickstart his new role

Edit - the thumbs down was accidental, soz
[Post edited 1 May 2017 22:26]

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:26 - May 1 with 3142 viewsnordenblue

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:56 - May 1 by judd

With a £110 "admin" charge?

In all fairness I hope it's sorted to everyone's satisfaction....it's not something I've had to deal with in my sort of work but the Mrs informs me it's very common for companies to offer someone a specific job to then withdraw it when certain factors change or someone different then becomes available again
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024