Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford next. 19:33 - Aug 20 with 7262 viewsRblock_James

They've started well...

*Sniggers

Many going? Decent ticket prices by the club 👍

Hoping for my first ever cup run... I'm 31.

Wimbledon away '97 in the FA cup doesn't count due to Hateley being a cock.
Brentford next. on 17:13 - Aug 21 with 1660 viewsrobith

Surely the low tickets sales are because everyone thinks it's at Brentford
Brentford next. on 17:31 - Aug 21 with 1624 viewsterryb

Brentford next. on 17:04 - Aug 21 by smegma

Amazing the apathy shown regarding this game. I know it may sound ridiculous, but if we have a Cup run and reach the nosebleed heights of a quarter final, these same apathetic fans will be moaning they couldn't get a ticket.

I was asked before the Northampton match what would make me go to a League Cup game, with the answer being that we would need to have reached the quarter final at least!

Midweek matches are not easy to attend for many of us & the price of tickets is not a considersation. The price of transport in getting to the game is though! So why would I spend the travelling money to watch what will amount to a squad game? In September we have four home league games for me to make my contributions to Greater Anglia Railways. That is enough!

Before I retired, I had reached the point where I wasn't coming to home midweek league matches because of the hassle involved. Now at least, I will be able to attend these.

It is not apathy. It is for a change, actually using common sense. And no, I wouldn't be moaning if I missed out on a quarter final. Not sure how you will get the crowds for the earlier rounds though, for ST holders not to get a ticket!

Look at the away figures we have had for supporters this season (home & away). Football attendances are on the way down. If we got close to 10,000 tomorrow i would be more than a little surprised.
Brentford next. on 02:49 - Aug 22 with 1431 viewssmegma

Brentford next. on 17:12 - Aug 21 by Rangersw12

It's a boring draw against a team in the same division so not surprised people aren't interested

Its a home game.
Brentford next. on 09:43 - Aug 22 with 1303 viewsBrightonhoop

Brentford next. on 16:13 - Aug 21 by DejR_vu

I think that's what you get for tossing off cup competitions for 20 odd years. The expense isn't limited to the ticket, it's all the other stuff plus the time. If the club isn't going to take these games seriously they can't really expect fans to. So I would say if they want people through the turnstiles not only do they need to keep the ticket prices low, they also need to look like they're bothered about having a go at winning.

Rubbish. Domestic cups have been devalued for years, nothing to do with the Club. The Villa away cup game 10 years ago was £10 in and QPR went in droves.
Even in August at £15 there will be thousands of walk ups.
Brentford next. on 10:13 - Aug 22 with 1277 views18StoneOfHoop

Brentford next. on 09:43 - Aug 22 by Brightonhoop

Rubbish. Domestic cups have been devalued for years, nothing to do with the Club. The Villa away cup game 10 years ago was £10 in and QPR went in droves.

Man Utd went to the handily placed in January World Club Championship handily situated in Brazil Sepp Blatter $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ fest
and Manc Fergie didn't enter even a youth team for the FA Cup 3rd round.

That was the beginning of the devaluing.
That and not including cup games on season tickets.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Brentford next. on 22:01 - Aug 22 with 1191 viewsRs_Holy

Brentford next. on 08:13 - Aug 21 by Rs_Holy

Looks like Brentfart have sold more than us (they have shifted 1800 apparently).
I'll be there with Holy Junior even tho we swore never to do the League Cup again a few years ago.
I got tickets in the R Block and am looking forward to having a conversation with the bloke next to me (in the V Block).
I should have got tics next to the directors box... £15 to sit next to the big cheeses in a local derby... amazing.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 8:15]

Well I'm back in the "never doing the league cup" camp again.... every fckn time!
Brentford next. on 22:10 - Aug 22 with 1171 viewsDejR_vu

Brentford next. on 09:43 - Aug 22 by Brightonhoop

Tactful as ever.

1) We've had 10 years more cup cr@p since then
2) Villa were an established Premier League club then and we hadn't been in the top tier for years.

Us tossing-off cup games has nothing to do with us? Weird. Matter of opinion I suppose

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Brentford next. on 22:11 - Aug 22 with 1169 viewsDejR_vu

Brentford next. on 16:13 - Aug 21 by DejR_vu

I think that's what you get for tossing off cup competitions for 20 odd years. The expense isn't limited to the ticket, it's all the other stuff plus the time. If the club isn't going to take these games seriously they can't really expect fans to. So I would say if they want people through the turnstiles not only do they need to keep the ticket prices low, they also need to look like they're bothered about having a go at winning.

Edit: they'll have to start paying people to go and phone everyone's employer to arrange a day off as compensation for wasting their time.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024