Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE 10:55 - Aug 24 with 10343 viewsLandore_Jack

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swans-open-city-centre-store

#backtojack

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 22:10 - Aug 24 with 1294 viewsGaryjack

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 21:41 - Aug 24 by xmastree

Done nothing at all ?. Departments can only do what budget they are given in any business. Simple economics. If the yanks have said spend what ever you want then lets see what happens.
Spend a pound to earn 2 is better than spend a million to earn £900,000.

Good lord! If you or your siblings/mates were involved in the running of our commercial dept previously, then thank fvck you've gone! On your basis, Jeff Bezos the founder of Amazon would have been better off selling books from his garage when he started off as there's only so many books you can sell! Dull as fvck you are pal!
SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 22:14 - Aug 24 with 1286 viewsxmastree

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 22:02 - Aug 24 by Loyal

He has to have a pop, otherwise he isn't doing his job.

I agree but having ' a pop' isn't a strategy. Also everyone can have ' a pop' if given a massive budget ( just look at some of the inept managers out there given multi millions and failed)
I personally don't think this guy has the experience to run a football club off the field. He has worked for a advertising agency in the usa from what i can see. The american guy who turned up at villa ruined them as he didn't understand or have the experience. He spent alot though
SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 22:21 - Aug 24 with 1258 viewsGaryjack

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 22:14 - Aug 24 by xmastree

I agree but having ' a pop' isn't a strategy. Also everyone can have ' a pop' if given a massive budget ( just look at some of the inept managers out there given multi millions and failed)
I personally don't think this guy has the experience to run a football club off the field. He has worked for a advertising agency in the usa from what i can see. The american guy who turned up at villa ruined them as he didn't understand or have the experience. He spent alot though

Are you Darrans new friend down the stadium?
SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 22:23 - Aug 24 with 1257 viewsxmastree

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 22:10 - Aug 24 by Garyjack

Good lord! If you or your siblings/mates were involved in the running of our commercial dept previously, then thank fvck you've gone! On your basis, Jeff Bezos the founder of Amazon would have been better off selling books from his garage when he started off as there's only so many books you can sell! Dull as fvck you are pal!

Yeah ok gary. The problem is this. The club has a certain amount of followers and a certain amount of product and rights to sell. Amazon has the world interested as they sell products to suit and interest everyone. Swansea city doesn't have a product that interests consumers other than those that follow swansea city. Get it ?
SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 22:25 - Aug 24 with 1249 viewsxmastree

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 22:21 - Aug 24 by Garyjack

Are you Darrans new friend down the stadium?

No. I don't work down the stadium. Never have. I used to supply the swans. A long time ago though
SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 22:40 - Aug 24 with 1213 viewsBLAZE

Maybe the c*nt that you're trying to defend all the time should've thought it through a bit before forcing through the sale to a pair of Americans with little to no football experience, then eh?
SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 22:42 - Aug 24 with 1210 viewslonglostjack

Remind us all again - who was it who sold out to these people you are now criticising? There'll always be doubts about the US "investors" until they prove themselves. What there is no doubt about is that those who sold their shares to them have proven themselves to be absolute shytsters who can now eff off.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 22:43]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 22:50 - Aug 24 with 1182 viewsGaryjack

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 22:23 - Aug 24 by xmastree

Yeah ok gary. The problem is this. The club has a certain amount of followers and a certain amount of product and rights to sell. Amazon has the world interested as they sell products to suit and interest everyone. Swansea city doesn't have a product that interests consumers other than those that follow swansea city. Get it ?

No need to get narky. I made the amazon comparison as you made one between a £1 and a £1m. Have i suggested we open stores all over the world? No, but surely we should be maximising our product within our own local community shouldn't we? Should we have one Tesco or Asda in Swansea or a few of them? They all sell the same products don't they?
Login to get fewer ads

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 22:54 - Aug 24 with 1166 viewsGaryjack

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 22:25 - Aug 24 by xmastree

No. I don't work down the stadium. Never have. I used to supply the swans. A long time ago though

What did you supply them with then. Bullshit? No wonder they got rid of you cos you ain't any good at it!
SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 22:56 - Aug 24 with 1161 viewsxmastree

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 22:40 - Aug 24 by BLAZE

Maybe the c*nt that you're trying to defend all the time should've thought it through a bit before forcing through the sale to a pair of Americans with little to no football experience, then eh?

C*nt ? Does that make you feel better using a word like that ? How pathetic but you crack on !
SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 23:01 - Aug 24 with 1142 viewsChrisSCFC

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 22:56 - Aug 24 by xmastree

C*nt ? Does that make you feel better using a word like that ? How pathetic but you crack on !

You'd just don't expect language like that on a football forum.
SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 23:02 - Aug 24 with 1140 viewsxmastree

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 22:54 - Aug 24 by Garyjack

What did you supply them with then. Bullshit? No wonder they got rid of you cos you ain't any good at it!

😂😂. It was back in the doug sharpe era. I supplied him goods and he didn't pay.
SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 23:02 - Aug 24 with 1138 viewsBLAZE

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 22:56 - Aug 24 by xmastree

Yes, a massive one. Sorry if that offends you Mrs Whitehouse, but it's an emotive subject and I believe in calling a spade a spade.
SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 23:17 - Aug 24 with 1101 viewsGaryjack

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 23:02 - Aug 24 by xmastree

Well more fool you for giving him a credit tab. And now you know best in the running of our commercial dept? Give it up ffs!
SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 23:21 - Aug 24 with 1087 viewsxmastree

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 23:02 - Aug 24 by BLAZE

Yes, a massive one. Sorry if that offends you Mrs Whitehouse, but it's an emotive subject and I believe in calling a spade a spade.

Sorry didn't explain myself properly. It doesn't offend me really just think its pathetic to have to use that word but you carry on if it makes you feel big and strong .
SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 23:28 - Aug 24 with 1057 viewsItchySphincter

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 20:52 - Aug 24 by Darran

Never said it was a he.

Did she used to have a mullet?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 23:32 - Aug 24 with 1049 viewsTNT

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 23:02 - Aug 24 by xmastree

You're not Frankie Burrows, are you?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 08:00 - Aug 25 with 950 viewsEdmundo

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 19:38 - Aug 24 by raynor94

You really can't make it up, it's in a perfect spot, people will be able to purchase tickets, hospitality packages and boost the club image in the centre of town, what's not to like

You can please some of the people some of the time 👍😁

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 08:31 - Aug 25 with 913 viewsPrivate_Partz

The thing is we must increase the numbers that follow Swansea City. The Premier League is a world wide product and we need to maximise this.
As for a shop in town. This should have been done in the days of Kenny Jacket rather than an outlet in Cwmdu. Long overdue imho. Admittedly it will not help worldwide sales but I suspect it will help increase the market locally.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 08:36 - Aug 25 with 905 viewsSTID2017

It was said when we moved into the stadium that tickets would be available from all sorts of outlets in South Wales.
Incredible it's taken over 10 years to come to partial fruition.
Glad to see the shop opening giving us a City Centre prescence.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 08:36 - Aug 25 with 905 viewsIAN05

That's essentially true but the role of a commercial function should also be to try and increase the amount of people interested in the product and to open as many channels to do that with minimal effort from the consumer. Widening the global reach, improving online and having a City centre presence in your own city are fairly natural avenues to pursue . This of course has to be done in as cost efficient way as possible but also understanding that you won't always realise these returns quickly or be able to correlate them directly to one particular activity.
SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 08:36 - Aug 25 with 905 viewsDr_Winston

At least they're getting the basics right now. If they can do that there's some hope that things will grow from there.

As opposed to whatever the f*ck Dineen was doing for six years.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 09:03 - Aug 25 with 878 viewsTNT

Shop in the city centre is so Division Four. Have they really employed / paid someone to come up with this idea?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 09:05 - Aug 25 with 877 viewsMeraki

Problem is there are plans to try and shift the "city centre" in the coming years - this isn't where it will be.
SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 09:16 - Aug 25 with 870 viewsxmastree

SWANS TO OPEN CITY CENTRE STORE on 09:05 - Aug 25 by Meraki

Problem is there are plans to try and shift the "city centre" in the coming years - this isn't where it will be.

Thankfully its swansea city council so might never happen but if it did we could be left with an expensive lease hanging over us. This shop is going to have to go some as firstly it will have to make up for lost sales in debenhams and cwmdu and then make extra sales to pay the city centre exhorbitant rent and rates.
Plus
Jd sports are in / coming to the quadrant. - will they be selling swansea gear ?
I have also heard the merchandise sales were down alarmingly last season. A trend across alot of clubs our size as replica shirt sales start to wain . i think that money spinning bubble is going to burst.
I really hope it works out. It should have been done 1st year in the prem rather than debenhams but we all know the old board wouldnt risk it. These things always come with a health warning
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024