Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony - Hit or Miss 14:30 - Sep 27 with 9206 viewsTaliesin

There seems to be a split in opinion about Wilfried's return. Will he get us the goals we crave? I'm afraid I don't think he will and I don't think Tammy will either and we'll be looking for a new striker in January to partner Ollie McBurnie

What's the least we can expect from Bony? I would have thought that any less than 1 goal in 3 = flop
Bony - Hit or Miss on 22:20 - Sep 27 with 3336 viewsE20Jack

Bony - Hit or Miss on 22:12 - Sep 27 by Brynmill_Jack

That's fair enough. But I suppose what I'm driving at is that Bony isn't going to fill the gap Llorente is leaving. Why not try and buy someone else instead of trying to turn the clock back and hoping Bony can perform like he did here two years ago? It's such a retrograde step and one lacking in any imagination or innovation on the transfer front.

The market is ruined. £12m or whatever it is doesn't buy you much these days, certainly not a Premier League proven goalscorer. The club clearly thought that with the time restraints imposed on them, he was the best and lowest risk option.

Whether he was or not is another debate completely. But I understand the thinking behind the transfer completely, regardless.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Bony - Hit or Miss on 22:22 - Sep 27 with 3329 viewsGaryjack

Bony - Hit or Miss on 21:42 - Sep 27 by A_Fans_Dad

No it didn't go unnoticed, it is exactly what I was talking about, he is getting the chances, ie someone is supplying them and he is making himself avaliable. There should come a time when he gets the timing, or the power or the direction right to actually bury it in the net.
The Goalkeeper made a good save to prevent him scoring on Saturday which Tammy pounced on and scored from. They are starting to combine similar to Gomis and Ayew in the start of their first season.

Yes, i could see the similarities between Saturdays goal and the one Ayew set up for Gomis against Man Utd.
Bony - Hit or Miss on 22:25 - Sep 27 with 3319 viewsskettyparkherbert

Bony - Hit or Miss on 22:12 - Sep 27 by Brynmill_Jack

That's fair enough. But I suppose what I'm driving at is that Bony isn't going to fill the gap Llorente is leaving. Why not try and buy someone else instead of trying to turn the clock back and hoping Bony can perform like he did here two years ago? It's such a retrograde step and one lacking in any imagination or innovation on the transfer front.

Totally agree, they say you should never go back, i hope i'm wrong but i fear its a negative step.
He couldn't do it for Stoke even when they had Shiquiri and Arnautovic (spelling?)
Can't see him starting against the hammers, Tammy up top on his own in a 4-5-1
I bet Andy Carrol is rubbing his hands to have a go at Mawson and Fernandez
Bony - Hit or Miss on 22:26 - Sep 27 with 3315 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bony - Hit or Miss on 22:20 - Sep 27 by E20Jack

The market is ruined. £12m or whatever it is doesn't buy you much these days, certainly not a Premier League proven goalscorer. The club clearly thought that with the time restraints imposed on them, he was the best and lowest risk option.

Whether he was or not is another debate completely. But I understand the thinking behind the transfer completely, regardless.

Those self imposed retraints ? Caused by signing people like Clucas for 14 million????
Those idiots have made a clusterf*ck dogs dinner this transfer window just gone.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bony - Hit or Miss on 00:10 - Sep 28 with 3261 viewsE20Jack

Bony - Hit or Miss on 22:25 - Sep 27 by skettyparkherbert

Totally agree, they say you should never go back, i hope i'm wrong but i fear its a negative step.
He couldn't do it for Stoke even when they had Shiquiri and Arnautovic (spelling?)
Can't see him starting against the hammers, Tammy up top on his own in a 4-5-1
I bet Andy Carrol is rubbing his hands to have a go at Mawson and Fernandez

Who is "they"?

It is just a meaningless soundbite.

For example Joe Allen is the most idea signing we ever passed up on. It is utterly irrelevant that he used to play for us. Why would it affect anything?

Bony - Hit or Miss on 00:13 - Sep 28 with 3260 viewsE20Jack

Bony - Hit or Miss on 22:26 - Sep 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Those self imposed retraints ? Caused by signing people like Clucas for 14 million????
Those idiots have made a clusterf*ck dogs dinner this transfer window just gone.

No idea whos fault it was or what the events leading up to the sale of Llorente were.

The jury is out on Clucas, he looks a good player to me but whether he will live up to the price tag is another. But we again did the right thing with his age and nationality when investing that amount if money, and fully believe he will retain a lot of that value even if it doesnt work out.

As said, the market is ruined.

Bony - Hit or Miss on 00:31 - Sep 28 with 3254 views34dfgdf54

Bony - Hit or Miss on 00:13 - Sep 28 by E20Jack

No idea whos fault it was or what the events leading up to the sale of Llorente were.

The jury is out on Clucas, he looks a good player to me but whether he will live up to the price tag is another. But we again did the right thing with his age and nationality when investing that amount if money, and fully believe he will retain a lot of that value even if it doesnt work out.

You genuinely believe that Clucas will be valued close to £16million if it doesn't work out / we get relegated?
Bony - Hit or Miss on 01:32 - Sep 28 with 3233 viewsLoyal

After one league start if that's his lot he was shit.
Probably a bit more to come though ......

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Bony - Hit or Miss on 01:56 - Sep 28 with 3223 viewsUplandsJack

Bony - Hit or Miss on 01:32 - Sep 28 by Loyal

After one league start if that's his lot he was shit.
Probably a bit more to come though ......

The thing for me that I found really surprising at the weekend, was Bony's seeming inability to be able to challenge in the air. In that first 45 especially, he barely won one duel in the air with the defender marking him. He looked like he could barely get off the ground for the most part. Compare that to last time round, when the guy was simply immense in the air. Back then you could almost bet your house on him winning the ball.
I really do hope he can reproduce the form he showed last time, but I must admit I have strong doubts.
Bony - Hit or Miss on 04:04 - Sep 28 with 3208 viewsE20Jack

Bony - Hit or Miss on 00:31 - Sep 28 by 34dfgdf54

You genuinely believe that Clucas will be valued close to £16million if it doesn't work out / we get relegated?

How close is close?

I can certainly see him holding a value of around £12m regardless. He was relegated with Hull and got several bids. He is a utility player, a good age, talented and English.

Bony - Hit or Miss on 08:42 - Sep 28 with 3139 views34dfgdf54

Bony - Hit or Miss on 04:04 - Sep 28 by E20Jack

How close is close?

I can certainly see him holding a value of around £12m regardless. He was relegated with Hull and got several bids. He is a utility player, a good age, talented and English.

Fair enough, I'll be surprised if I'm honest. I think we'll be looking at half that if we are relegated and he doesn't impress at all. You can say he is talented, but he's 28, if he's not playing well in his peak years I can't see a team spunking £10mill plus.

As for the post above regarding Bony in the air. I remember him being strong attacking corners etc, the one against Newcastle away always sticks out in my mind, from Ben Davies. But he was very rarely asked to compete aerially in open play with flick ons etc, everything was to feet.
Bony - Hit or Miss on 10:00 - Sep 28 with 3113 viewsDafyddHuw

Bony - Hit or Miss on 00:13 - Sep 28 by E20Jack

Circus looks a good -player to you? which game(s) was that then?
Bony - Hit or Miss on 10:08 - Sep 28 with 3107 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Bony - Hit or Miss on 01:56 - Sep 28 by UplandsJack

The thing for me that I found really surprising at the weekend, was Bony's seeming inability to be able to challenge in the air. In that first 45 especially, he barely won one duel in the air with the defender marking him. He looked like he could barely get off the ground for the most part. Compare that to last time round, when the guy was simply immense in the air. Back then you could almost bet your house on him winning the ball.
I really do hope he can reproduce the form he showed last time, but I must admit I have strong doubts.

You are correct about Bony's ability in aerial duals, he is less effective than he was, he has played 125 minutes and won 6 duals, but a t arate of 28%, ie just over 1 in 4.
We have to hope that like the rest of his game it will get better the more he plays.
He did look at some points as if it was a "timing" issue as well as a height one and in some cases he actually didn't even jump because he had got it wrong, so fingers crossed it will improve.
Bony - Hit or Miss on 10:40 - Sep 28 with 3097 viewsKrisP

Bony - Hit or Miss on 16:13 - Sep 27 by MrSwerve

Why oh why do people keep repeating this...

He scored 2 goals on his debut for the Swans (in the Europa League), and a goal on his Premier League debut.

Yep, ages.

Why or why do people then respond with this? After his first league goal he didn't get another one in the Premier League for about three months. Hardly a flying start is it, especially when compared to the rest of his time here.
Bony - Hit or Miss on 11:56 - Sep 28 with 3073 viewsE20Jack

Bony - Hit or Miss on 10:00 - Sep 28 by DafyddHuw

Circus looks a good -player to you? which game(s) was that then?

So you judge a 26 year old player on 3 out of position performances?

Bony - Hit or Miss on 11:58 - Sep 28 with 3070 viewsE20Jack

Bony - Hit or Miss on 08:42 - Sep 28 by 34dfgdf54

Fair enough, I'll be surprised if I'm honest. I think we'll be looking at half that if we are relegated and he doesn't impress at all. You can say he is talented, but he's 28, if he's not playing well in his peak years I can't see a team spunking £10mill plus.

As for the post above regarding Bony in the air. I remember him being strong attacking corners etc, the one against Newcastle away always sticks out in my mind, from Ben Davies. But he was very rarely asked to compete aerially in open play with flick ons etc, everything was to feet.

Up until 3 days ago, Clucas was 25 years old. His prime will be around 28.

Bony - Hit or Miss on 12:15 - Sep 28 with 3059 viewsdameedna

Abraham should start. Need a good number ten to back him up. Bony needs to build up gradually. Too much expectation.
Bony - Hit or Miss on 12:24 - Sep 28 with 3051 viewsjack247

Bony - Hit or Miss on 12:15 - Sep 28 by dameedna

Abraham should start. Need a good number ten to back him up. Bony needs to build up gradually. Too much expectation.

Both need to start IMO. One up front is no use if they are isolated and we don't have wingers.
Bony - Hit or Miss on 12:27 - Sep 28 with 3047 viewsmonmouth

Bony - Hit or Miss on 11:58 - Sep 28 by E20Jack

Is that the same Samuel Raymond Clucas (Just for Jack247) that was born on 25 September 1990?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bony - Hit or Miss on 12:32 - Sep 28 with 3044 viewsDarran

Bony - Hit or Miss on 12:27 - Sep 28 by monmouth

Is that the same Samuel Raymond Clucas (Just for Jack247) that was born on 25 September 1990?

Oh FFS you've only gone and done it now.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bony - Hit or Miss (n/t) on 12:41 - Sep 28 with 3031 views34dfgdf54

[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 12:42]
Bony - Hit or Miss on 12:44 - Sep 28 with 3022 viewsjack247

Bony - Hit or Miss on 12:27 - Sep 28 by monmouth

You're better than that Mon, I expected it from Meraki.
Bony - Hit or Miss on 12:44 - Sep 28 with 3022 views34dfgdf54

He'll be 28 at the beginning of next season.

If chairman are taking the advice you gave regarding Viera, he won't be going for alot, especially if he bombs this season.
Bony - Hit or Miss on 13:03 - Sep 28 with 3002 viewsE20Jack

Bony - Hit or Miss on 12:44 - Sep 28 by 34dfgdf54

If chairman are taking the advice you gave regarding Viera, he won't be going for alot, especially if he bombs this season.

He will be 27 by the time the transfer window closes. The same age as when we sold Gylfi for top whack.

Again, what is "a lot"? I cant envisage a way he would be sold for any less than £12m in this current climate and think there will always be interest in a player of his ability, English, that can play in a variety of positions with Prem experience. It is a standard price. Danny Drinkwater went for £40m to put the sheer mentalness of the market into perspective. £14m guaranteed payment really is not a lot of money these days.

Bony - Hit or Miss on 13:04 - Sep 28 with 3000 viewsjack247

Bony - Hit or Miss on 12:44 - Sep 28 by 34dfgdf54

He won't hold his value if he bombs this season. We signed him at the peak of his playing career to date. Only way he will, is if transfer fees rocket again and even then he won't hold his relative value.

It's very early to be writing him off though. He's not a holding midfielder. Play Mesa there and let him challenge for Carroll or even Ayews place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024