Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lacking an attacking threat 16:56 - Sep 30 with 12562 viewsJackfath

Disappointing to give the game away again in the 90th minute.

Let’s hope we can muster some attacking prowess in our next game. Lots of time to get better at this aspect.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Lacking an attacking threat on 16:57 - Sep 30 with 7281 viewsmagicdaps10

No spark or creativity from midfield.

The Siggy money should gave been used on a creative replacement and a goal scoring winger.

Sold down the river!!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Lacking an attacking threat on 16:59 - Sep 30 with 7242 viewsGeoffThom

Here you go again wise up and take on board we're going nowhere with this dross ,we have absolutely zero flair in this side it's all about nullifying teams if that doesn't work we're fecked ,your manager also got it wrong again with subs 😡😡😡
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 17:20]
Lacking an attacking threat on 17:03 - Sep 30 with 7179 viewsmagicdaps10

We need to go back to wingers to give us any chance.

I fear that it is going to be a tough season for sure but we are terrible at the moment.

Lacking an attacking threat on 19:14 - Sep 30 with 7005 viewsZZoric

disappointing indeed, giving it away after clearly being the better team

am sure we can muster that prowess - we have talent in abundance - simply needs unleashing over time

the threat is there, unleash it PC et al
Lacking an attacking threat on 19:16 - Sep 30 with 6989 viewsJackfath

Lacking an attacking threat on 19:14 - Sep 30 by ZZoric

am sure we can muster that prowess - we have talent in abundance - simply needs unleashing over time

I hope you're right. Unbelievably frustrating for us. I bet it's doing Clement's head in.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Lacking an attacking threat on 19:24 - Sep 30 with 6950 viewslondonlisa2001

Lacking an attacking threat on 19:14 - Sep 30 by ZZoric

They scored one, hit the post, Carroll missed getting on the end of a cross by inches, Fab made a good save in the opening minutes.

We had one shot from Bony from a way out that Hart managed to convert into a Hollywood save.

Not sure where our talent in abundance was - it certainly wasn't in our midfield who are the football equivalent of the iPhone 9.

Partly Clement's fault for not making a song and dance over our woeful transfer window, but our squad is once again shocking for a seventh season in the premier league particularly having mustered up a sizeable transfer pot, much of which we haven't used, and some of which we used incredibly badly.
Lacking an attacking threat on 19:35 - Sep 30 with 6907 viewsZZoric

Lacking an attacking threat on 19:24 - Sep 30 by londonlisa2001

They scored one, hit the post, Carroll missed getting on the end of a cross by inches, Fab made a good save in the opening minutes.

We had one shot from Bony from a way out that Hart managed to convert into a Hollywood save.

Not sure where our talent in abundance was - it certainly wasn't in our midfield who are the football equivalent of the iPhone 9.

Partly Clement's fault for not making a song and dance over our woeful transfer window, but our squad is once again shocking for a seventh season in the premier league particularly having mustered up a sizeable transfer pot, much of which we haven't used, and some of which we used incredibly badly.

thats the point - the talent is (not was, today) in abundance - latent, which needs unleashing

esp in attack as per OP

despite squad shockingness, we have a pretty good track record of making a good fist of it and our squad right now is relatively stronger

so, how best to muster the strengths we have to make a good fist of it.........? that's the key question right now.............
Lacking an attacking threat on 19:36 - Sep 30 with 6893 viewslifelong

Good post Lisa.

My glass has always been half full, at the moment there's nothing in it.. depressing watching us play, there's no creativity and no goals...recipe for relegation, it's very sad.
Login to get fewer ads

Lacking an attacking threat on 19:37 - Sep 30 with 6890 viewslondonlisa2001

Lacking an attacking threat on 19:35 - Sep 30 by ZZoric

thats the point - the talent is (not was, today) in abundance - latent, which needs unleashing

esp in attack as per OP

despite squad shockingness, we have a pretty good track record of making a good fist of it and our squad right now is relatively stronger

so, how best to muster the strengths we have to make a good fist of it.........? that's the key question right now.............

Relatively stronger than when?

We don't have an ounce of creativity.
Lacking an attacking threat on 19:44 - Sep 30 with 6854 viewsZZoric

Lacking an attacking threat on 19:37 - Sep 30 by londonlisa2001

the reality is we need to build on the 1st half, not dwell on negatives

what would you do right now ? - "without an ounce of creativity" how would u make a good fist of it ?
Lacking an attacking threat on 19:49 - Sep 30 with 6838 viewscostalotta

Lacking an attacking threat on 19:37 - Sep 30 by londonlisa2001

Clement knows this IMO which is why he sets us up in such a manner.

He's gone about things in the right manner from the perspective of making us hard to beat. the thing is if we don't create we are unlikely to score where as the opposition only need 1.

Did we deserve a draw today? arguably yes but they, for as poor as they were still created more and better chances than our none. We never looked like scoring did we.

We had the opportunity in the summer to do this but failed miserably, again. This is not PCs fault per se as we all know how it works at our club. But if the performances & results continue he is the one who will take the bullet. If that happens then the owners will need to look at themselves and until they do it will be the same again.

Last year Huw claimed the summer transfer window was a success. Yet our marquee signing sent packing on loan a year later. This year the same and we continue to waste millions upon millions. What happened to our scouting players for 2 years ensuring they have the attributes important to our club so that the fit in immediately?
Lacking an attacking threat on 19:52 - Sep 30 with 6819 viewsSmellyplumz

Lacking an attacking threat on 19:49 - Sep 30 by costalotta

He's gone about things in the right manner from the perspective of making us hard to beat. the thing is if we don't create we are unlikely to score where as the opposition only need 1.

Did we deserve a draw today? arguably yes but they, for as poor as they were still created more and better chances than our none. We never looked like scoring did we.

We had the opportunity in the summer to do this but failed miserably, again. This is not PCs fault per se as we all know how it works at our club. But if the performances & results continue he is the one who will take the bullet. If that happens then the owners will need to look at themselves and until they do it will be the same again.

Last year Huw claimed the summer transfer window was a success. Yet our marquee signing sent packing on loan a year later. This year the same and we continue to waste millions upon millions. What happened to our scouting players for 2 years ensuring they have the attributes important to our club so that the fit in immediately?

But we are not hard to beat.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Lacking an attacking threat on 19:54 - Sep 30 with 6807 viewsJackfath

Lacking an attacking threat on 19:52 - Sep 30 by Smellyplumz

But we are not hard to beat.

Spurs had some trouble.

Lacking an attacking threat on 19:55 - Sep 30 with 6799 viewsSmellyplumz

Lacking an attacking threat on 19:54 - Sep 30 by Jackfath

Spurs had some trouble.

Spurs were unlucky.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

Lacking an attacking threat on 19:57 - Sep 30 with 6784 viewslondonlisa2001

Lacking an attacking threat on 19:44 - Sep 30 by ZZoric

the reality is we need to build on the 1st half, not dwell on negatives

what would you do right now ? - "without an ounce of creativity" how would u make a good fist of it ?

But even the first half was really not great. We showed some (relatively) nice touches and found some space between the lines, but we created nothing of note. And West Ham were really awful as well.

What would I do now? I've no idea to be frank. I think we simply lack quality throughout the squad.

We have no pace, no spark, no movement. Just a bunch of average midfield players who are indistinguishable in their mediocrity. You can get away with one or two acting as water carriers for talent around them, but they're all water carriers and there is no talent around them. We are definitely better with Leon on the pitch, that's for sure. And that is an awful indictment.

To be honest, I'd be tempted to revert back to 4231, play Mesa and Leon or Mesa and Ki as the '2', play Ayew at '10' (Fer is not good enough) or possibly Ki if Leon can play one of the holding players, and try any 2 of Narsingh, Dyer, Routs, James wide with Bony up front.

I wouldn't bother with Carroll, Fer, Clucas or (for the time being at least), Sanches.
Lacking an attacking threat on 19:59 - Sep 30 with 6769 viewsSmellyplumz

Lacking an attacking threat on 19:57 - Sep 30 by londonlisa2001

But even the first half was really not great. We showed some (relatively) nice touches and found some space between the lines, but we created nothing of note. And West Ham were really awful as well.

What would I do now? I've no idea to be frank. I think we simply lack quality throughout the squad.

We have no pace, no spark, no movement. Just a bunch of average midfield players who are indistinguishable in their mediocrity. You can get away with one or two acting as water carriers for talent around them, but they're all water carriers and there is no talent around them. We are definitely better with Leon on the pitch, that's for sure. And that is an awful indictment.

To be honest, I'd be tempted to revert back to 4231, play Mesa and Leon or Mesa and Ki as the '2', play Ayew at '10' (Fer is not good enough) or possibly Ki if Leon can play one of the holding players, and try any 2 of Narsingh, Dyer, Routs, James wide with Bony up front.

I wouldn't bother with Carroll, Fer, Clucas or (for the time being at least), Sanches.

In a nut shell.

Lacking an attacking threat on 20:08 - Sep 30 with 6724 viewsmagicdaps10

In the first half, there was a few times when a player found himself in the gap between West Ham's back four and midfield, not once did that player turn and run at the back 4........they either cut back or played it out to Olsson.

We are dog shiite and too conservative in attack, scared that we might do something wrong......this is what we have become!!!

We have to go back to a 4-5-1 and play wingers, put Sanches in the hole and tell him to play without fear and enjoy himself. We need pace so Narsingh has to start, maybe we can see Clucas on the left wing and play like he doesnt have a harness around him.
Put Mesa and Carroll as holding players.

We are in the cack but it doesnt take a scientist on what we have to do to give us a chance.

Think I might send a letter repeating

PLAY WINGERS, PLAY WINGERS, PLAY WINGERS...

Lacking an attacking threat on 20:08 - Sep 30 with 6724 viewsJackflack

Lacking an attacking threat on 19:49 - Sep 30 by costalotta

Clement on more than one occasion has held his hands up admitting he got it wrong.
This can't continue

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Lacking an attacking threat on 20:08 - Sep 30 with 6722 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If you had watched the u23 game there would only be one choice for the other winger and that is Dan James, he his head and shoulders above Nathan, who by the way is one of my favourite players and I know he is coming back from Injury.
James is quicker, nimbler, great in one/twos, crosses and puts the ball in the back of the net.
They both scored 2, Nathan in about 70 minutes and James in 10.
As an impact player he would do what Montero did in his first Season here, he would become a foul magnet due to his speed.
But the lad can't even get a chance in a Cup match.
Lacking an attacking threat on 20:14 - Sep 30 with 6700 viewsEilian

I'd drop Ayew personally. I know he has been one of the better performers in attack, but it's hardly a glowing reference in this team. I see him as a backup for Tammy personally.

I'd play Sanches at number 10. He has the strength to go past a player, can ride a tackle, play a range of passes and has a decent shot on him too.

Narsighn is no premier league winger in my book. So as far as im concerned we have no wingers at the club at all.
Lacking an attacking threat on 21:29 - Sep 30 with 6603 viewsZZoric

Lacking an attacking threat on 19:57 - Sep 30 by londonlisa2001

makes a lot of sense - unsure whether we have the quality out wide tho

its all about the spine: FF / Leon / Sanches / Bony - at the moment

I would give Sanches the licence to link, drive and go for goal. Tammy has the hunger and flair to work tightly with Sanches and Bony in a roaming frontline

Mesa can grow from within this set-up, instead of piling the pressure on him to be Leon - his tenacity and simple one-touch technique has its place but he has to drive further fwd. Give him the opportunity to become part of the spine
Lacking an attacking threat on 22:15 - Sep 30 with 6559 viewsTheResurrection

So by some bizarre fackforward flipping bullshit rationale, West Ham were now the better side because they, at home, had some half chances.

Fack me, Georgie Bingham cum LisaLondon cum Tony Facking Gale cum what??

We are missing something, that's clear, but using your example for whatever point you're trying to prove is bonkers.

Overall, we were the better side today. At the end of the first half we were streets ahead. And this with Tammy a passenger. We could have played a 5th midfielder and arguably been more threatening.

Our squad is good, much better than last season. But the tactics are weak,

ps you've got an iPhone 9, clearly!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Lacking an attacking threat on 22:49 - Sep 30 with 6504 viewsswan65split

We are shyte ATM with no idea, no plan, PC you have 4 games sort it,or do the decent thing and go, youve already tried paving the way by blaming the players, a bad tradesman always blames his tools.
HJ you can fecking go as well
Lacking an attacking threat on 22:53 - Sep 30 with 6491 viewsZZoric

Lacking an attacking threat on 22:49 - Sep 30 by swan65split

We are shyte ATM with no idea, no plan, PC you have 4 games sort it,or do the decent thing and go, youve already tried paving the way by blaming the players, a bad tradesman always blames his tools.
HJ you can fecking go as well

knock urself out - what wld u do ?
Lacking an attacking threat on 23:04 - Sep 30 with 6467 viewsTheResurrection

Lacking an attacking threat on 20:08 - Sep 30 by A_Fans_Dad

If you had watched the u23 game there would only be one choice for the other winger and that is Dan James, he his head and shoulders above Nathan, who by the way is one of my favourite players and I know he is coming back from Injury.
James is quicker, nimbler, great in one/twos, crosses and puts the ball in the back of the net.
They both scored 2, Nathan in about 70 minutes and James in 10.
As an impact player he would do what Montero did in his first Season here, he would become a foul magnet due to his speed.
But the lad can't even get a chance in a Cup match.

Woah, he's nowhere near ready, not even for League 2.

Jesus!!!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024