Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mesa for Burnley game. 21:26 - Nov 9 with 10151 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

After witnessing the worst display by a Swans side ever.
What next for Clement/Mesa ?
If Mesa can’t get in this game, how bad has our midfield have to play, for him to get In the side???
Mesa for Burnley game. on 08:48 - Nov 11 with 2056 viewsicecoldjack

Mesa for Burnley game. on 22:14 - Nov 10 by ZZoric

Mesa really isnt the solution, esp right now

he is woefully off the pace and often shirks responsibility - clearly evidenced by:
- lack of an outlet for the FBs - esp Naughton - rarely makes himself available for the out-ball
- chooses to point at others instead of stepping up and demanding possession, controlling the game and tempo

In a defensive set - he often looks clueless, shuffling around like a lost soul with no idea who he should be marking at any one time - a shocking trait for a CDM - the CDM should be bossing the defensive mid-set

he aint no Mes(si)a(h) - esp for £11m

I would agree that Mesa was hiding in the last game but the reason for doing so is because the player seems to be dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't !

I mentioned along with a few others that Mesa seemed to be taking the safe option and not wanting to fook up, curbing his natural game to please managmeent maybe ?
Mesa for Burnley game. on 08:51 - Nov 11 with 2050 views34dfgdf54

Mesa for Burnley game. on 08:48 - Nov 11 by icecoldjack

I would agree that Mesa was hiding in the last game but the reason for doing so is because the player seems to be dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't !

I mentioned along with a few others that Mesa seemed to be taking the safe option and not wanting to fook up, curbing his natural game to please managmeent maybe ?

He’s been managed terribly, same with Clucas. The pair of them confidence wise must be on the floor. All down to Clement and his coaching staff for me.
Mesa for Burnley game. on 08:55 - Nov 11 with 2043 viewsmonmouth

Mesa for Burnley game. on 08:51 - Nov 11 by 34dfgdf54

He’s been managed terribly, same with Clucas. The pair of them confidence wise must be on the floor. All down to Clement and his coaching staff for me.

Being booed evertime you touch the ball and cheered off during a walk of shame won’t have done a lot for Clucas either. Although I do think he’s the type that will come back out punching. Mesa is finished here I would think. File under Baston.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Mesa for Burnley game. on 09:15 - Nov 11 with 2025 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mesa for Burnley game. on 22:14 - Nov 10 by ZZoric

Mesa really isnt the solution, esp right now

he is woefully off the pace and often shirks responsibility - clearly evidenced by:
- lack of an outlet for the FBs - esp Naughton - rarely makes himself available for the out-ball
- chooses to point at others instead of stepping up and demanding possession, controlling the game and tempo

In a defensive set - he often looks clueless, shuffling around like a lost soul with no idea who he should be marking at any one time - a shocking trait for a CDM - the CDM should be bossing the defensive mid-set

he aint no Mes(si)a(h) - esp for £11m

That's funny because when I watched the Watford game down the liberty he did the exact opposite. We were clueless at half time until he came on but afterwards he changed the game by demanding the ball and moving us forward at every turn.
If he'd have been played in every league game after that I'm sure , in fact I'd put money on us being in a much better position in the PL than we are now.
Are you Paul Clement?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mesa for Burnley game. on 09:20 - Nov 11 with 2017 viewsmonmouth

Mesa for Burnley game. on 09:15 - Nov 11 by Brynmill_Jack

That's funny because when I watched the Watford game down the liberty he did the exact opposite. We were clueless at half time until he came on but afterwards he changed the game by demanding the ball and moving us forward at every turn.
If he'd have been played in every league game after that I'm sure , in fact I'd put money on us being in a much better position in the PL than we are now.
Are you Paul Clement?

This.

Mesa for Burnley game. on 09:30 - Nov 11 with 2001 views34dfgdf54

Mesa for Burnley game. on 08:55 - Nov 11 by monmouth

Being booed evertime you touch the ball and cheered off during a walk of shame won’t have done a lot for Clucas either. Although I do think he’s the type that will come back out punching. Mesa is finished here I would think. File under Baston.

He’s a better player than Baston. Different positions I know but you know what I mean.
Mesa for Burnley game. on 09:33 - Nov 11 with 1998 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mesa for Burnley game. on 09:30 - Nov 11 by 34dfgdf54

He’s a better player than Baston. Different positions I know but you know what I mean.

He's stood toe to toe with the Real Madrid midfield in the Bernabau and came away with a creditable 3-3 draw. He's a good player but not used by an idiot manager.

Mesa for Burnley game. on 10:34 - Nov 11 with 1972 views34dfgdf54

Mesa for Burnley game. on 09:33 - Nov 11 by Brynmill_Jack

He's stood toe to toe with the Real Madrid midfield in the Bernabau and came away with a creditable 3-3 draw. He's a good player but not used by an idiot manager.

Exactly.

Clement’s the one to blame on this one.
Login to get fewer ads

Mesa for Burnley game. on 11:33 - Nov 11 with 1934 viewsjack247

Mesa for Burnley game. on 08:55 - Nov 11 by monmouth

Mesas future here depends on Clements
Mesa for Burnley game. on 12:03 - Nov 11 with 1927 viewsZZoric

Mesa for Burnley game. on 09:33 - Nov 11 by Brynmill_Jack

he's been woefully off the pace from the outset

in the open training session at the liberty, he was initially in the 1st choice set-up - going toe to toe with Leon - he was beasted - and they swapped places. chalk n cheese

clearly it must be difficult going toe to toe with Leon at the liberty; but having allegedly gone "toe to toe with the Real Madrid midfield in the Bernabeu", and for a massive £11m, and at his peak at 28 - we should expect far far more than semi-pro standard

for £11m and his alleged reputation - nobody should be given an easy out that its the manager's fault / confidence blah blah - man up and earn the right ffs
Mesa for Burnley game. on 09:16 - Nov 12 with 1865 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mesa for Burnley game. on 12:03 - Nov 11 by ZZoric

he's been woefully off the pace from the outset

in the open training session at the liberty, he was initially in the 1st choice set-up - going toe to toe with Leon - he was beasted - and they swapped places. chalk n cheese

clearly it must be difficult going toe to toe with Leon at the liberty; but having allegedly gone "toe to toe with the Real Madrid midfield in the Bernabeu", and for a massive £11m, and at his peak at 28 - we should expect far far more than semi-pro standard

for £11m and his alleged reputation - nobody should be given an easy out that its the manager's fault / confidence blah blah - man up and earn the right ffs

How the hell is he supposed to get up to speed if he never achieved match fitness because the manager doesn't play him in matches?

Clement made himself look an idiot last week taking off a central midfielder and bringing another winger on when he had picked Mesa on the bench.

That finished it for me . Clement has to go .

Mesa for Burnley game. on 15:55 - Nov 12 with 1801 viewswhiterock

Mesa for Burnley game. on 09:16 - Nov 12 by Brynmill_Jack

How the hell is he supposed to get up to speed if he never achieved match fitness because the manager doesn't play him in matches?

Clement made himself look an idiot last week taking off a central midfielder and bringing another winger on when he had picked Mesa on the bench.

That finished it for me . Clement has to go .

Here we are towards the end of November and he’s still not firing on all cylinders, same with Sanches and Bony. They need to play in a run of games for us to know if they are assets starting at Burnley where incidentally, I think we’ll win, we are not that bad especially away
Mesa for Burnley game. on 16:27 - Nov 12 with 1771 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mesa for Burnley game. on 15:55 - Nov 12 by whiterock

Here we are towards the end of November and he’s still not firing on all cylinders, same with Sanches and Bony. They need to play in a run of games for us to know if they are assets starting at Burnley where incidentally, I think we’ll win, we are not that bad especially away

Innit. You would have thought these last few home games would have been ideal to give Mesa some much needed game time.

The fact he hasn't tells me the manager is not going to pick him, even though he'ss made noises about doing so. .

Mesa for Burnley game. on 17:20 - Nov 12 with 1732 viewsjack247

I think we are at the stage he either shows something at Burnley, or we need to move him on. Given his comments about ‘winning ugly’ after Brighton, I don’t see him doing much more than trying to make us hard to break down.

Personally, I think bringing an influential clubman and the under 23 manager in may well give us a bit of a lift and they are both certainly associated with more attractive football, but it would be a huge gamble as a long term appointment.

It’s all just conjecture at the moment. Makelele leaving, whispers in the press about backing the manager and now this certainly indicate they are looking at contingencies though.
Mesa for Burnley game. on 21:19 - Nov 12 with 1677 viewsskettyparkherbert

Mesa for Burnley game. on 15:55 - Nov 12 by whiterock

Whiterock

Agree with you when you think we will win at Burnley but thats us typical optimistic Swans fans, just to correct you when you say "We are not that bad, especially way"

At Southampton and Spurs we were shite and got stuffed, we parked the bus and lucked out big time to get a result we really didn't deserve

At West Ham (they were poor) we were ok first half but had one shot on target from 25 yards all game

At Palace (our only win) well its all been said before, they were really poor

At Arsenal we were a bit better but, same old, couldn't hold on

I don't go along with the players confidence is low, they all need to man up grow a pair and start performing for the shirt.
Mesa for Burnley game. on 22:17 - Nov 12 with 1650 viewsmonmouth

Mesa for Burnley game. on 21:19 - Nov 12 by skettyparkherbert

Whiterock

Agree with you when you think we will win at Burnley but thats us typical optimistic Swans fans, just to correct you when you say "We are not that bad, especially way"

At Southampton and Spurs we were shite and got stuffed, we parked the bus and lucked out big time to get a result we really didn't deserve

At West Ham (they were poor) we were ok first half but had one shot on target from 25 yards all game

At Palace (our only win) well its all been said before, they were really poor

At Arsenal we were a bit better but, same old, couldn't hold on

I don't go along with the players confidence is low, they all need to man up grow a pair and start performing for the shirt.

They won't perform for the shirt. Apart from Britton and maybe Nath and Routs and at a stretch fabianski we don't have anyone that gives two f*cks for the shirt. We have to hope they'll perform for professional pride and, like 10 mins before half time against Watford, led by Kyle Naughton - oh yes it was - they decide to ignore our anchor of a manager and give it a frigging lash.

Mesa for Burnley game. on 11:31 - Nov 13 with 1570 viewsBenJ94

Mesa for Burnley game. on 21:58 - Nov 9 by Dr_Winston

Innit. Anyone who suffered through Swansea City 0 Kidderminster Harriers 4 should be rolling on the floor laughing at that.

The levels of hyperbole are great at the minute.

My first ever game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024